We are now taking orders for the 2023 Lieutenant Exam! Only $349 for "Just the Questions" or bundle with The Key's full course for $995 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order your Rising Star Course for $349 or Rising Star AND The Key for $995. Classes begin August

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: April 2022


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:
RE: April 2022


Taketheday wrote:

My source told me couple days ago that she had heard promos for the end of the month but nothing else yet no number or other info, when I get anything more Ill let you guys know. Also looks like the upcoming SGT Exam NOE says that Date is to be determined So I believe that test is getting pushed back which is good for everyone on this list because if it is pushed back that means another list will take longer to get made and gives everyone on here more time to get promoted.


 Appreciate the info! Please keep us informed and up to date.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Rumored April 29 promo. Is anyone hearing the same ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Online
Posts: 49
Date:

i was hearing late april from my source, that fits in that timeline

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

I heard possibly this month as well, no numbers, no exact date. Also heard a rumor for white shields being getting transfers to DB.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Well if this is the new trend then there is another recruit class coming out in June, which should help with another batch of sgt and Lt promos.

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 563
Date:

I'm not sure where the mindset of the new exam gets pushed then more get promoted. By the time they give the exam, protest it and then finalize it we will be in January maybe February and by the time they finally start promoting, only God knows.

Moot point.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 824
Date:

yougonow wrote:

I'm not sure where the mindset of the new exam gets pushed then more get promoted. By the time they give the exam, protest it and then finalize it we will be in January maybe February and by the time they finally start promoting, only God knows.

Moot point.


Imho  They arent going to extend again.  



-- Edited by Semp1 on Saturday 9th of April 2022 01:44:57 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 563
Date:

Yea we all can bet our salaries they won't extend again. What's your point? People are worried about the exam that is coming out.. but that won't affect the current list. People making mountains out of mole holes.


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 824
Date:

yougonow wrote:

Yea we all can bet our salaries they won't extend again. What's your point? People are worried about the exam that is coming out.. but that won't affect the current list. People making mountains out of mole holes.


 I think in the end the whole list is fine.  People need to relax and just wait. Its almost over with. In about 6-7 months all of the remainder will be sgts. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Semp1 wrote:
yougonow wrote:

Yea we all can bet our salaries they won't extend again. What's your point? People are worried about the exam that is coming out.. but that won't affect the current list. People making mountains out of mole holes.


 I think in the end the whole list is fine.  People need to relax and just wait. Its almost over with. In about 6-7 months all of the remainder will be sgts. 


 Rumor is that April 29 holds promos. If this holds true this list will be done sooner then later.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 824
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
Semp1 wrote:
yougonow wrote:

Yea we all can bet our salaries they won't extend again. What's your point? People are worried about the exam that is coming out.. but that won't affect the current list. People making mountains out of mole holes.


 I think in the end the whole list is fine.  People need to relax and just wait. Its almost over with. In about 6-7 months all of the remainder will be sgts. 


 Rumor is that April 29 holds promos. If this holds true this list will be done sooner then later.


 I mean. Hopefully. But class size is what matters not frequency of classes at this point.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Semp1 wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:
Semp1 wrote:
yougonow wrote:

Yea we all can bet our salaries they won't extend again. What's your point? People are worried about the exam that is coming out.. but that won't affect the current list. People making mountains out of mole holes.


 I think in the end the whole list is fine.  People need to relax and just wait. Its almost over with. In about 6-7 months all of the remainder will be sgts. 


 Rumor is that April 29 holds promos. If this holds true this list will be done sooner then later.


 I mean. Hopefully. But class size is what matters not frequency of classes at this point.  


 I want to hear the number too. Time will tell 



-- Edited by TheBlackCloud on Sunday 10th of April 2022 12:35:23 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Semp1 wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:
Semp1 wrote:
yougonow wrote:

Yea we all can bet our salaries they won't extend again. What's your point? People are worried about the exam that is coming out.. but that won't affect the current list. People making mountains out of mole holes.


 I think in the end the whole list is fine.  People need to relax and just wait. Its almost over with. In about 6-7 months all of the remainder will be sgts. 


 Rumor is that April 29 holds promos. If this holds true this list will be done sooner then later.


 I mean. Hopefully. But class size is what matters not frequency of classes at this point.  


 Well they axed the last one that had 23 sgts up for promo. Im going to assume we are looking at atleast 100 for end of month but we will see when that time comes.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

11,000 MOS signed up for SGT Exam. Mayor Adams doesnt want all those officers missing in one day during the summer. Apparently this is the reason for the TBD on the new exam. Which I dont see the difference btwn ordering OT for any other BS that happens in the city & allowing officers to take an exam (Considering some will already be RDO) That being said, they should just do one day of 12 hour tours. Split the 4x12 half go to 7-7 day & half to 7-7 night. In addition, this is where the not promoting until September started. Mayor Adams wants as many cops out there during the summer. But, as much as he wants what he wants, promotions will happen, probably smaller amounts imo.



-- Edited by No1isbetter on Monday 11th of April 2022 03:15:43 PM

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

No1isbetter wrote:

11,000 MOS signed up for SGT Exam. Mayor Adams doesnt want all those officers missing in one day during the summer. Apparently this is the reason for the TBD on the new exam. Which I dont see the difference btwn ordering OT for any other BS that happens in the city & allowing officers to take an exam (Considering some will already be RDO) That being said, they should just do one day of 12 hour tours. Split the 4x12 half go to 7-7 day & half to 7-7 night. In addition, this is where the not promoting until September started. Mayor Adams wants as many cops out there during the summer. But, as much as he wants what he wants, promotions will happen, probably smaller amounts imo.



-- Edited by No1isbetter on Monday 11th of April 2022 03:15:43 PM


 Is this what adams told you or are you just assuming?  You basing this on history of what, crime spiked every time there was a test?  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

This is what has been said with knowledge of the situation. Feel free to find a better reason based on knowledge. I really dont give a shit. But when you hear things that pertain to the rumors of delaying promotions until Sept, this information helps bridge a gap to why.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Would be great if some one with inside knowledge posts some facts up in here.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

I think you are mixing up the two. Knowledge and fact are different. Blowing hot air and providing factual information is different.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

Anyone hearing any further info in regards to this possibly end of April promotion?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

With the heavy hitters not posting, this thread in-particular is a massive waste of time to even check up on.

__________________

When Bernie Kerik was in charge, thats When the job was really the job



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

EyeMissBernard wrote:

With the heavy hitters not posting, this thread in-particular is a massive waste of time to even check up on.


If its a waste of time, then why come on here and post? Everyone on here is doing their best trying to help each other with what little information seems to be coming down the pipeline. 

I certainly appreciate everyones updates and Intel.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

sector7 wrote:
EyeMissBernard wrote:

With the heavy hitters not posting, this thread in-particular is a massive waste of time to even check up on.


If its a waste of time, then why come on here and post? Everyone on here is doing their best trying to help each other with what little information seems to be coming down the pipeline. 

I certainly appreciate everyones updates and Intel.


 As do I. I reached out to a source, unknown how reliable they actually are but for sure are more in the know than I am. I will most likely hear something back tomorrow and will share.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 824
Date:

Im hearing theres a class this month obviously everything is subject to change.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Semp1 wrote:

Im hearing theres a class this month obviously everything is subject to change.


 how many ?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Date:

Yeah a large transit class.
Alright maybe it was too soon for that one.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

^^^ I literally said that today. Im next class & wouldnt be surprised if most of us get transit. SGTs are swamped with OT. Its good money.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

I just left transit, the OT isn't as crazy as people are saying, especially on midnights. It might be different in the other borough, but that's what was going on in Brooklyn.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 217
Date:

BROOKLYN77 wrote:

I just left transit, the OT isn't as crazy as people are saying, especially on midnights. It might be different in the other borough, but that's what was going on in Brooklyn.


 Transit is the place to be if you dont want to be doing work.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

TransitCop wrote:
BROOKLYN77 wrote:

I just left transit, the OT isn't as crazy as people are saying, especially on midnights. It might be different in the other borough, but that's what was going on in Brooklyn.


 Transit is the place to be if you dont want to be doing work.


 In manhattan they do about 65hrs OT a month



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

Brooklyn is bugging im transit in the bronx day tours and we getting mandated 4Hrs post tour days 1 through 5 NO SWITCHING NO EXCUSES! this has been going on since may 2021. Theyre starting to sprinkle RDO OT now too minimum every one does 65 hrs the max is 80hrs. It goes from fare-evasion, Train Patrol, Crime Reduction, Platform Coverage & Bag checks. Every platoon gets hit and its Pre and Post MANDATED not sign up. So yes! Theres wild OT but its blood $ and with yesterdays incident?! Who knows they might lift the cap.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

For cops the OT is good, but not really as a sergeant, especially on midnights.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

Anyone have news for next class size ?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 824
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

Anyone have news for next class size ?


 I was hearing rumors of 150 but again, who knows and everything is subjective to change. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

I know we no longer have the heavy hitters, but with the lack of chatter I am skeptical.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:

Hearing large class for end of the month. As soon as I found out other information, Ill let you guys know.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

See man, you get it. 



__________________

When Bernie Kerik was in charge, thats When the job was really the job



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

Zeefinestmsg wrote:

I know we no longer have the heavy hitters, but with the lack of chatter I am skeptical.


 See man, you get it. 



__________________

When Bernie Kerik was in charge, thats When the job was really the job



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 484
Date:

All ranks being cleared for promotions. No numbers known at this time. Its the start to possibly something but going to need more time to see if itll mean promotions for end of month



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Friday 15th of April 2022 09:13:41 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

175 April 29. Unofficially official. Lets goooo!!

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:

Any numbers on LT



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

All I have is SGT, Im sorry.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

No1isbetter wrote:

175 April 29. Unofficially official. Lets goooo!!


 Thanks



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

also heard 4/29 from two different sources who have been pretty accurate in the past... seems like they won't be waiting till September...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Have ppl actually heard the number 175 or is this just a guess

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

I was told & I quote just about 175 from someone who deal with this stuff directly.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:

Thoughts on them putting another class through during the summer?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 496
Date:

UndertakersFinest_ wrote:

Thoughts on them putting another class through during the summer?


 I can see maybe one more in June as retirements are occurring more frequently now.



-- Edited by Futureauxiliary on Friday 15th of April 2022 08:47:22 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

All ranks being cleared for promotions. No numbers known at this time. Its the start to possibly something but going to need more time to see if itll mean promotions for end of month



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Friday 15th of April 2022 09:13:41 AM


 Thanks for sharing 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Online
Posts: 49
Date:

i was hearing 4/27 for promotions and around 130 from my source

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

I have no credible info at all but for some reasonmy gut feeling is that this time its gonna happen.



-- Edited by TheBlackCloud on Sunday 17th of April 2022 03:29:55 PM

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us