Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: LT Vacancy


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:
RE: LT Vacancy


BxBound wrote:

Im sure theres a few sergeants that passed the Lts exam who just retired as well. 


 you think they didnt wanna wait?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

Nope! 40/30 hrs a month at a nice spot at the end of some of their careers might not be worth it (All subjective though). Vs going back in a bag with no OT in this day of age. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 320
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:
Nypdnypd3100 wrote:

Thats 33 in 10 days! :)


 unbelievable  arent there only 12-1400 Lts   Were almost at 200vacancies   Almost 16% of the rank


 No, there are just over 1700 Lts. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:

68 Lieutenants retired this month. That's around 4% of all Lieutenants. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Update as of 6/30

Vacancies - 68
Terminal- 76

Keep in mind, the majority of the terminal numbers will turn into vacancies on 7/20


Posted by RBJ back on June 30

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Plus Ohnoes 68 as of July 29th



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:

How did the numbers go down? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 258
Date:

Fewmoretogo wrote:

How did the numbers go down? 


 They changed the authorized head count per the requested reduction in Department size.



__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Big Book

LT 2017 Exam

Sgt 2013 Exam



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Fewmoretogo wrote:

How did the numbers go down? 


 who said they went down?   68 vac  76 term  as of June 30   and now 68 Lts put papers in for the month of July 

 

 

+  4 today btw



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Date:

Yup there sure is

i know a sergeant in my command whos on the list, and doesnt care to wait it out.

hes putting in his papers in August. In order to get promoted he has to want to tolerate reaching top pay and he cant see himself doing a few more years. 

 

BxBound wrote:

Im sure theres a few sergeants that passed the Lts exam who just retired as well. 


 @ Rookiebit you think they didnt wanna wait?

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Friday 31st of July 2020 04:11:56 PM

__________________

Your 2017 Sgt Exam Failed-Passers be like ....

abc-bell-curve

 

 



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

If you have 20+ years or 17+military/prior city time I would advice to drop your papers. I wish I was in your shoes.
Lock in your pension and bounce. I dont even know if NYC will be able to pay out pension because financial hit from pandemic is ginormous and the budget for the city is so mismanaged and there is so much corruption I have no idea how the city will manage the books. Additionally, thousands of New Yorkers and hundreds of companies are leaving the city imagine all the tax money they are taking with them

__________________
Quick


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Quickdraw wrote:

If you have 20+ years or 17+military/prior city time I would advice to drop your papers. I wish I was in your shoes.
Lock in your pension and bounce. I dont even know if NYC will be able to pay out pension because financial hit from pandemic is ginormous and the budget for the city is so mismanaged and there is so much corruption I have no idea how the city will manage the books. Additionally, thousands of New Yorkers and hundreds of companies are leaving the city imagine all the tax money they are taking with them


 They can't default on the pension fund.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 184
Date:

Everyone is trying to do their best so people dont take the LT promotion, get promoted Trump 2020 list dies at 750

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

10 Lts put papers in today .. 7/31

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Date:

Its DEFINITELY NOT DYING AT 750 - FACT. 



__________________

Your 2017 Sgt Exam Failed-Passers be like ....

abc-bell-curve

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

8/3    9 Lts



-- Edited by rookiebit_h on Monday 3rd of August 2020 08:07:36 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

So whats the total now, vacancies + terminals?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 208
Date:

Rumor has it there was a meeting yesterday with all the higher ups, and they are cutting the overtime across the board even more, so i wouldn't be surprised more papers are going to put in this week. But well see. As of right now its only rumor but where i work, COD got cut to 0. They were at 30 from 40. Now its 0.

__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Nyjoe84 wrote:

Rumor has it there was a meeting yesterday with all the higher ups, and they are cutting the overtime across the board even more, so i wouldn't be surprised more papers are going to put in this week. But well see. As of right now its only rumor but where i work, COD got cut to 0. They were at 30 from 40. Now its 0.


 Supposedly all Admin positions in 1PP went to 0 cash   unknown about time



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Date:

Superman wrote:

So whats the total now, vacancies + terminals?


 Total is 242 as if 8/1



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

RBJ5154 wrote:
Superman wrote:

So whats the total now, vacancies + terminals?


 Total is 242 as if 8/1


  WOW.. has there ever been such a high amount?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Wasn't it just 85 last month?


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

RBJ5154 wrote:
Superman wrote:

So whats the total now, vacancies + terminals?


 Total is 242 as if 8/1


 They will be at 300 vacancies by the time they start promoting again in a month or two. Thats a very good sign for the whole list. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Date:

I believe 95 Lieutenants put their papers in for the just the month of July alone. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Lts getting reassigned from details will get choice of their commands, new Lts will get the bottom of the barrel.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 208
Date:

The majority of these LT's in details, have over 20 years and i know most of them put there papers in already and they started burning there time already. So the percentage is very few.

__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Numbers are in.. Lt's 150 vac / 75 term

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:

With the finest that just came down limiting admin ot the number of retirements, which is already high, is going to astronomical.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

ohnoes wrote:

With the finest that just came down limiting admin ot the number of retirements, which is already high, is going to astronomical.


 they know exactly how to get these Tier 2 guys out the door.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:
ohnoes wrote:

With the finest that just came down limiting admin ot the number of retirements, which is already high, is going to astronomical.


 they know exactly how to get these Tier 2 guys out the door.


 tier 2 buy out!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:

Numbers are in.. Lt's 150 vac / 75 term


Nice to know that at least the vacancies are there. Hopefully when they start promoting, they will do a few promotional classes.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Cant believe it 0 for today 8/4

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 184
Date:

Economy is bad cops are leaving but Lts with new contract are hanging around.

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:

Cant believe it 0 for today 8/4


 Gonna assume the hurricane had something to do with it



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 208
Date:

Do we have anyone adding up the total of how many on terminal and how many vac are there???

__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

Nyjoe84 wrote:

Do we have anyone adding up the total of how many on terminal and how many vac are there???


 rookiebit_h wrote:


Numbers are in.. Lt's 150 vac / 75 term

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 208
Date:

Thank you very much. Im hoping Sept , promotions. 



__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

only 1 submission 8/5/2020

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

I don't think people going down to retire will pick up anymore.  With all that has happened since new years day - If you haven't left last month then you never planned on it.  There is no excuse for the lack of promotions other than how spineless of a department we have become. I don't want to hear how its about the unrest and "protests". And the job has promoted during Covid so I don't want to hear that either. The vacancies are there. The list is there. This job needs to get it's head out of the sand and get back to policing. Enough already.



-- Edited by MakeMattersWorse on Thursday 6th of August 2020 05:46:32 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

:slow clap: I agree.. Mayyyyybe the budget had a small hand in this but other than that.. no excuse.. " After all out wraps up" is another BS excuse.. The vacancies are BEYOND there.



-- Edited by rookiebit_h on Thursday 6th of August 2020 04:34:50 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 929
Date:

The same thing happened during the financial collapse a decade ago.

As long as there are no recruit classes then promotions dont happen either.

If they promote 500 captains then thats 500 less lts. 500 less sgts. Then 500 less cops.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

The same thing happened during the financial collapse a decade ago.

As long as there are no recruit classes then promotions dont happen either.

If they promote 500 captains then thats 500 less lts. 500 less sgts. Then 500 less cops.


 i thought there had to be a certain ratio atleast w Sgt to cop



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

The same thing happened during the financial collapse a decade ago.

As long as there are no recruit classes then promotions dont happen either.

If they promote 500 captains then thats 500 less lts. 500 less sgts. Then 500 less cops.


But that's what I mean about the job being spineless.  Because even if promos are based on recruit numbers; the job buckled to city halls defund demands with a knee jerk reaction to nixing an academy class that was already worked into the budget.  I get the streets were calling for blood but things eventually pass and people forget.  We need to be smarter about decisions that have long term effects on both cops lively hood and the publics safety cuz now u have less cops.  I know they don't want to be policed but my toddler also hates being told what to do.  She doesn't know any better.  Its a cut your nose off to spite your face approach.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

Make matters worse, I get what youre trying to say. But you have zero clue on the budget side of things. Job didnt cancel any class! The city did. Two separate things here. Mayor pushed back April class for budget and covd reasons. City council nixed July along w mayor. Nothing to do w job. Job cant hire unless funds are allocated

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

08/06/2020 2 Lts submitted

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

Make matters worse, I get what youre trying to say. But you have zero clue on the budget side of things. Job didnt cancel any class! The city did. Two separate things here. Mayor pushed back April class for budget and covd reasons. City council nixed July along w mayor. Nothing to do w job. Job cant hire unless funds are allocated


I never claimed to know anything about the budget but for the longest the job ran the job.  City hall made a suggestion but we did what we needed to do for the job and blew the budget doing so...happily.  This job wastes so much money just trying to save money.  They wont hire $30k recruits but make up for it in OT to top pay cops.  They will spend 80k on aluminum dust buckets that last 3 months and spend another 80k next year to buy more just because it was the lowest bid.  If you think this job thinks that far ahead than you have no clue.  I'm not making a point of who canceled the class just that it was canceled.  Ask all the PA track stars that went to all out.  My only point is stop stalling and get back to business.   



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:

8/7/2020 1 Submission

__________________
«First  <  18 9 10 | Page of 10  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard