RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to subscribe to our mailing list and get info on the next Sgt, Lt. or Captain Exam!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: LT Exam Scores
LT Exam scores [238 vote(s)]

90-100
10.9%
80-89
10.9%
70-79
21.4%
60-69
27.7%
Below 60
29.0%


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:
RE: LT Exam Scores


Taketheday wrote:

Oh yea Narco is back!! Wouldnt be a promo forum without him



-- Edited by Taketheday on Saturday 25th of March 2023 06:34:13 PM


 Now its a party. it was kind of quiet without that guy.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 364
Date:

Do you guys think 50 will be viable score?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:

TransitCop wrote:
crossingmyfingers wrote:

Talk shit in person, I dont agree on publicly blasting people on a forum.. that can get real messy



-- Edited by crossingmyfingers on Saturday 25th of March 2023 02:52:42 PM


 I got no problem telling them to their face once I know for sure.


 Check your private messages



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 976
Date:

narco26 wrote:

I heard even the IAB volunteer rats failed


 When will the list be cut ?



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

Would a 76 die on the list?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:

Idontknow wrote:

Would a 76 die on the list?


 No i think ur 76 will be turned into a 80-82 in a few months



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 328
Date:

How about a 62?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

76 is good to go with longevity and throw outs probably be in the 80s



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 241
Date:

Hithattestwashard wrote:

I have not read the guide and I have passed 2 promotional exams now. I have only studied the packets and questions provided with the course. Never opened a patrol guide. I throw out the PG and interim order updates. I do not use the digital guide. Stop claiming absolutes. You do not need to read the guide to pass. This test was hard as hell for me, mainly because I chose to not read the guide. But you can 100% pass without reading the guide. I should know, I just did.


 You're the exception And this percentage is getting smaller with each test. The best chance you have at victory is to read that guide. No if's ands or buts about it 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:

I hope youre not trolling. The overall percentage of passers is very minute!!!! For you to say that, is a slap in the face for all of those that studied and just missed with a 66-69. A 74-78 will most likely be the sweet spot to get promoted within a year With throw outs and a possible curve. Pls stop trolling. 



-- Edited by Ucon4real on Saturday 25th of March 2023 10:03:33 PM



-- Edited by Ucon4real on Saturday 25th of March 2023 10:39:43 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

Passed 3 promotional exams. You have to find what works for you. The thing is you have to cover everything like everything. Now that can be done through a combination of packets, questions, or the patrol guide. I passed the captains exam just reading the packets and doing rising star questions. But I went over everything multiple times, which I think is key. If youre just reading the guide once all the way through, that isnt enough. Just my 2 cents.

__________________
Sl


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

The exam was atrocious. It measured nothing. It shows that the dept doesn't give a $@$& about a fair or straight forward exam. It was a slap in the face to a the people who legit put in hard work. The dept doesn't need Lts. They have too many Sgts and not enough cops. They gave this test because they had to. It was a joke and everyone knows it.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 976
Date:

Sl wrote:

The exam was atrocious. It measured nothing. It shows that the dept doesn't give a $@$& about a fair or straight forward exam. It was a slap in the face to a the people who legit put in hard work. The dept doesn't need Lts. They have too many Sgts and not enough cops. They gave this test because they had to. It was a joke and everyone knows it.


 The current list is exhausted/expiring. They need a new list for future promotions so an exam had to be administered.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 153
Date:

I will agree that the dept doesnt need a lot of Lts, but we definitely dont have too many Sgts. Vacancies are through the roof.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Date:

Just wondering what command you work out of that has too many Sgts. The only ones I can think of off-hand would be IAB and CCCS lol



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

My buddy at psa2 tells me they pretty stacked with double Sgts in some squads (at least the last time I spoke with him).

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 153
Date:

They stack the A houses decently, but the other commands are hurting badly. We absolutely need more Sgts.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

lol my command is down about 4 or 5 at least.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 124
Date:

Only 250 passed the exam?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Date:

Elbatigol9 wrote:

Only 250 passed the exam?


 Where are you hearing this from?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

252 I heard

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 976
Date:

TransitCop wrote:

252 I heard


 Source ?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Employee at DCAS. Which starting to sound plausible since Im hearing only 1 to max 3 passers per command from people who work there. I dont think anyone has told me they had more than three pass in their command. 



-- Edited by TransitCop on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:28:23 PM



-- Edited by TransitCop on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:31:27 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 124
Date:

8 in my command plus 3 with 68s



-- Edited by Elbatigol9 on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:45:26 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

Just me at my command.  12 took the exam.   252 sounds low but i'll get the real number tomorrow when I'm back in the office, stand by. 

If 252 is in fact the list size...62 might be the curve to get it to 1000. (There is definitely a curve one way or another)









-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:57:30 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 976
Date:

SATCOM wrote:

Just me at my command.  12 took the exam.   252 sounds low but i'll get the real number tomorrow when I'm back in the office, stand by. 

If 252 is in fact the list size...62 might be the curve to get it to 1000. (There is definitely a curve one way or another)









-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:57:30 PM


Add another 50 or so from military and make up exams. It would probably be atleast a size of 300.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

If this is true that only 252 pass is this worse than the 2015 exam?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Date:

Elbatigol9 wrote:

8 in my command plus 3 with 68s



-- Edited by Elbatigol9 on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:45:26 PM


 You must have something special in the water there or its not a patrol command.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 289
Date:

I know the scores of 14 sgts in my command. 1 passed and he got a 70

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

thejimmy wrote:

If this is true that only 252 pass is this worse than the 2015 exam?


 Absolutely not.   In 2015, 27 passed on test day and 108 passed on the alternate date.  I believe most cheated on the alternate date.  Guys on the alternate date were pulling 90+ while the 27 that passed on exam day were mostly low 70s.   

This test referenced obscure procedures which made it extremely difficult but manageable with a little luck.  The 2015 was designed for test takers to fail and as an FU from the captain that oversaw the process.   I took both and this one was nowhere near as challenging.   I skipped 2017 because my 11 months of studying and all 5 weeks of vacation got me a 66.  I was convinced after the 2011 bad test (18 throw-outs), and 2015s abomination that the 2017 was going in the same direction.



-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 02:59:10 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 263
Date:

Also only one passer from my cmd. Not me.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

4 passers in my command all mid 70s.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

I got 5 passers in mine

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

SATCOM wrote:

Just me at my command.  12 took the exam.   252 sounds low but i'll get the real number tomorrow when I'm back in the office, stand by. 

If 252 is in fact the list size...62 might be the curve to get it to 1000. (There is definitely a curve one way or another)









-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:57:30 PM


 Mathematically this doesnt make a lot of sense. With a list of 250, the last guy on the list has a 70. That would mean the next 750 people scored 60-69 and there is no way. I would say a couple hundred are in the 60s. To make a list of 1,000+ with those numbers they would probably have to give another exam or just curve into the mid 50s.



__________________

10-4



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 976
Date:

Last Captains exam had a curve of 59 was passing I believe. Correct me if im wrong.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:
SATCOM wrote:

Just me at my command.  12 took the exam.   252 sounds low but i'll get the real number tomorrow when I'm back in the office, stand by. 

If 252 is in fact the list size...62 might be the curve to get it to 1000. (There is definitely a curve one way or another)









-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:57:30 PM


 Mathematically this doesnt make a lot of sense. With a list of 250, the last guy on the list has a 70. That would mean the next 750 people scored 60-69 and there is no way. I would say a couple hundred are in the 60s. To make a list of 1,000+ with those numbers they would probably have to give another exam or just curve into the mid 50s.


I'll find out tomorrow.  I do believe the bulk of test takers who studied are probably in the mid 60s though.   



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

Last Captains exam had a curve of 59 was passing I believe. Correct me if im wrong.


 LOL this job is wacky.   



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Date:

2 total in mine, Ill edit my comment if that changes but should be accurate.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

SATCOM wrote:
TenFour16 wrote:
SATCOM wrote:

Just me at my command.  12 took the exam.   252 sounds low but i'll get the real number tomorrow when I'm back in the office, stand by. 

If 252 is in fact the list size...62 might be the curve to get it to 1000. (There is definitely a curve one way or another)









-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 01:57:30 PM


 Mathematically this doesnt make a lot of sense. With a list of 250, the last guy on the list has a 70. That would mean the next 750 people scored 60-69 and there is no way. I would say a couple hundred are in the 60s. To make a list of 1,000+ with those numbers they would probably have to give another exam or just curve into the mid 50s.


I'll find out tomorrow.  I do believe the bulk of test takers who studied are probably in the mid 60s though.   


 Agreed. Ill be glued to this forum awaiting your message tomorrow, lol.



__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

Keep in mind retirements that depleted the rank have slowed. Lieutenants with a ton of time have retired because of all the nonsense and changes. This list might not have to be 1000+; especially when you account for the size of the captain's list.  If you take the captain's list and add projected retirement numbers, you get a rough estimate of the amount of Lts needed to fill the rank.  I say rough because there are variables like 3/4, vesting, forced vesting, death, demotion, dole etc. that skew projections. 





-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 03:27:26 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

SATCOM wrote:

Keep in mind retirements that depleted the rank have slowed. Lieutenants with a ton of time have retired because of all the nonsense and changes. This list might not have to be 1000+; especially when you account for the size of the Captain's list.  If you take the captain's list and add projected retirement numbers, you get a rough estimate of the amount of Lts needed to fill the rank.



-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 03:20:17 PM


 This is true, but the rank of Lt is still a little heavy with tier 2 and 20+ On.



__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Date:

I am not sure why all recent lists are so big. The last sgt list was over 2500 & they finished it in 5 years with a one-year extension. The new Sgt list could be over 3000 the way it is looking. That means either people will start dying on the list again or maybe there will be a push to hire more cops. The 16% raise that is probably coming towards each rank might make the job attractive for people and recruitment might become easy. Either way, it is all a guessing game, and only time will tell. I believe the lieutenant list will be a big one too after seeing the last two exams. If the last two lists showed a pattern of being bigger than their prior exams that could mean this lieutenant list will also be bigger than the last lieutenant exam. So it has to be bigger than 1300 with that pattern. Just my thought...



-- Edited by Copper on Sunday 26th of March 2023 03:46:17 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

250 def just a rumor, you have about 70-80 passers based of this survey on this site

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 420
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

Last Captains exam had a curve of 59 was passing I believe. Correct me if im wrong.


 Yes. But that doesnt mean those people will get made. I know one Lt who did get in the 50s and he winded up with a 70. God help his command if they reach him 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

crossingmyfingers wrote:

250 def just a rumor, you have about 70-80 passers based of this survey on this site


Those polls are WAY OFF. Remember that you cant see the numbers unless you click on a choice. Many people are just choosing any numbers (even 90s) to look at the poll itself. Based on passers per command we are hearing so far 250 sounds plausible.



__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:
crossingmyfingers wrote:

250 def just a rumor, you have about 70-80 passers based of this survey on this site


Those polls are WAY OFF. Remember that you cant see the numbers unless you click on a choice. Many people are just choosing any numbers (even 90s) to look at the poll itself. Based on passers per command we are hearing so far 250 sounds plausible.


 Most people that failed will not give these forums or polls another second of life.  They've moved on and are in FU pay me mode.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

SATCOM wrote:
TenFour16 wrote:
crossingmyfingers wrote:

250 def just a rumor, you have about 70-80 passers based of this survey on this site


Those polls are WAY OFF. Remember that you cant see the numbers unless you click on a choice. Many people are just choosing any numbers (even 90s) to look at the poll itself. Based on passers per command we are hearing so far 250 sounds plausible.


 Most people that failed will not give these forums or polls another second of life.  They've moved on and are in FU pay me mode.  


 Agreed



__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 364
Date:

Big lists are the in thing now. Big raise, big hiring wave, big sgts list, big lt list. 250 above 70 means theres 2250 names between 0-70. It all depends where its grouped, I think most scored around 50. Is it wrong to assume theres 1250 above 50 and 1250 below 50?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

I think there are a few ways to tackle estimates.

First foil the total number of test takers or the aggregate from all test times, dates, and score ranges (You can also get this from personnel (Foil is easier)). This will give you a baseline for understanding the real numbers.

Second, a call (through channels or a courtesy) to OMAP MAS would get you information on projected numbers, vacancies, and if you have the right call, the Department's management plan (usually personnel, PC's office or sometimes OMAP depending on who's running the bureau).

Finally, get the total number of passing scores. This is foilable as of Monday as long as you are concise in your request (ask for Thursday and Fridays passing totals).

I believe all of this will happen in the next few days and we'll have something this week.



-- Edited by SATCOM on Sunday 26th of March 2023 04:49:36 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Date:
Where is my 70


Where we at with the numbers? i want my 65 to turn into a 73. 



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 710  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us