FINAL PRICE DROP!!! 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $199! Yes, $150 off!--only $199 for all our questions plus 4 full-length exams! Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Vacancies


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:
Vacancies


Anyone have an updated number of vacancies/terminal



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 602
Date:

24 vacancies and another 21 on terminal..so basically 45 openings. That is a whole years worth!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

If the first class is 30 like rumored... how long do we think the next class after that would be?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

They created a list this big for a reason. Not saying they actually get through the whole list but something going on behind closed doors. We shall see

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

LT4LIFE wrote:

They created a list this big for a reason. Not saying they actually get through the whole list but something going on behind closed doors. We shall see


 Im with you on this. Theyll definitely surpass the normal promotion numbers. How far theyll go is up for debate. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

What people dont understand; the reason they created the 4 year list expiration is because of liability. They didnt want to have people on a list with indefinitely expectation they would get promoted. Imagine if they didnt do that, people who were left out on old lists could always come back and try to get promoted off them. The job will always take the easy route and try to promote as many as possible instead of going out their way to coordinate a new exam sooner than they have to. Theyll delay the process as much as possible. Thatll save them money and aggravation.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 602
Date:

LT4LIFE wrote:

They created a list this big for a reason. Not saying they actually get through the whole list but something going on behind closed doors. We shall see


 again, there was no sinister plan to double the size of the list. The conspiracy theories have to stop. DCAS just needs to be transparent about the scoring and put this all to bed.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

60 going in first class !

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

WhiteCastleCop wrote:

60 going in first class !


 You talk crap about Dr Papi but youre worse than he is. You just throw trash on this site on a regular basis. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

Zeph wrote:
WhiteCastleCop wrote:

60 going in first class !


 You talk crap about Dr Papi but youre worse than he is. You just throw trash on this site on a regular basis. 


 Respect the guidelines 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
LT4LIFE wrote:

They created a list this big for a reason. Not saying they actually get through the whole list but something going on behind closed doors. We shall see


 again, there was no sinister plan to double the size of the list. The conspiracy theories have to stop. DCAS just needs to be transparent about the scoring and put this all to bed.


 Please STOP with the NONSENSE! Exam was CURVED! Please only stick to providing us with Intel. Forget speculation..wont get you anywhere. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

WhiteCastleCop wrote:

60 going in first class !


 Please stop with the nonsense. Im hearing 20+ for January class. They already started working on list. Standby,..



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Zeph wrote:

What people dont understand; the reason they created the 4 year list expiration is because of liability. They didnt want to have people on a list with indefinitely expectation they would get promoted. Imagine if they didnt do that, people who were left out on old lists could always come back and try to get promoted off them. The job will always take the easy route and try to promote as many as possible instead of going out their way to coordinate a new exam sooner than they have to. Theyll delay the process as much as possible. Thatll save them money and aggravation.


 Valid point there Rookie! However , people WILL DIE ON LIST ! Guaranteed ! The top (1% of job) doesnt need 479 eligibles. Yes, its good to have a reserve but you would be a fool to believe they will get to list 479. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
Zeph wrote:

What people dont understand; the reason they created the 4 year list expiration is because of liability. They didnt want to have people on a list with indefinitely expectation they would get promoted. Imagine if they didnt do that, people who were left out on old lists could always come back and try to get promoted off them. The job will always take the easy route and try to promote as many as possible instead of going out their way to coordinate a new exam sooner than they have to. Theyll delay the process as much as possible. Thatll save them money and aggravation.


 Valid point there Rookie! However , people WILL DIE ON LIST ! Guaranteed ! The top (1% of job) doesnt need 479 eligibles. Yes, its good to have a reserve but you would be a fool to believe they will get to list 479. 


 I agree with you. However, I believe theyll go higher than usual. Theyll probably reach list #360. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Zeph wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
Zeph wrote:

What people dont understand; the reason they created the 4 year list expiration is because of liability. They didnt want to have people on a list with indefinitely expectation they would get promoted. Imagine if they didnt do that, people who were left out on old lists could always come back and try to get promoted off them. The job will always take the easy route and try to promote as many as possible instead of going out their way to coordinate a new exam sooner than they have to. Theyll delay the process as much as possible. Thatll save them money and aggravation.


 Valid point there Rookie! However , people WILL DIE ON LIST ! Guaranteed ! The top (1% of job) doesnt need 479 eligibles. Yes, its good to have a reserve but you would be a fool to believe they will get to list 479. 


 I agree with you. However, I believe theyll go higher than usual. Theyll probably reach list #360. 


We shall see. Its just crazy to me how more than half of this list consists of people that FAILED this exam. Wild! 



-- Edited by DRPapi1983 on Tuesday 27th of December 2022 03:27:50 PM

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Date:

1/3 of the list had failing raw scores

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Wooly wrote:

1/3 of the list had failing raw scores


 More than that brother. People that had a 66 on this exam ended up with a 77. Exam was CURVED. Soon we will know. DCAS WILL PUBLISH LIST! 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 882
Date:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

nycop80 wrote:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.


 Exam was CURVED ! 1000000000000% stop the nonsense 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.


 Exam was CURVED ! 1000000000000% stop the nonsense 


 Dude shut the fuck up already. Stop posting nonsense and replies about a curve. Youve said it 1000 times we get it, you said it was curved. Stop overloading the forum with repeat posts. Fucking tired of coming on here and your name always pops up with repetitive bullshit. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.


 Exam was CURVED ! 1000000000000% stop the nonsense 


 Dude shut the fuck up already. Stop posting nonsense and replies about a curve. Youve said it 1000 times we get it, you said it was curved. Stop overloading the forum with repeat posts. Fucking tired of coming on here and your name always pops up with repetitive bullshit. 


 SMH. Respect the guidelines pal! No need to curse. Dont want to see you get banned. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

Doctor p- did you ever consider posting these guidelines for everyone to see. People seem to blow you off whenever these guidelines get brought up. Might help you on this guideline enforcement crusade.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
Jibberjab wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.


 Exam was CURVED ! 1000000000000% stop the nonsense 


 Dude shut the fuck up already. Stop posting nonsense and replies about a curve. Youve said it 1000 times we get it, you said it was curved. Stop overloading the forum with repeat posts. Fucking tired of coming on here and your name always pops up with repetitive bullshit. 


 SMH. Respect the guidelines pal! No need to curse. Dont want to see you get banned. 


This fucking guy is nuts! Lmao 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
Jibberjab wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.


 Exam was CURVED ! 1000000000000% stop the nonsense 


 Dude shut the fuck up already. Stop posting nonsense and replies about a curve. Youve said it 1000 times we get it, you said it was curved. Stop overloading the forum with repeat posts. Fucking tired of coming on here and your name always pops up with repetitive bullshit. 


 SMH. Respect the guidelines pal! No need to curse. Dont want to see you get banned. 


This fucking guy is nuts! Lmao 


 Easy there Billy ..Lets play nice in the sandbox. Dont give this guy anymore validation. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

nycop80 wrote:

its not a curve, its double answers and or throwouts.


 this is 200% true. Anyone who went to the protest session had factual proof of how terrible some of the questions or answers were. Real proof was submitted with the correct responses. I didnt get to review my entire exam but i had factual proof of 5 questions being reviewed for errors and submitted proof. Im sure others found other mistakes. It happens. no one is perfect. The book is thousands of pages. No one can make a flawless exam. Even the schools teaching make tons of errors on practice questions. A curve implies free points without cause. This was nowhere near the case. It was throw outs by a long shot. This curve talk is silly. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

What are you talking about? They said the exam was curved and you are still making up nonsense. People picked up points uniformly through a scaling system. If it wasnt the case, you would hear heartbreaking stories of people that scored 68 and still failed and people that scored 62 that passed.

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 882
Date:

Who said it was curved ? Whats the source ? It also doesnt matter, the list has been established.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

Guy! Everyone who had a 62 raw score is on the list. Here is your answer.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

The city hired a firm years ago to assist with this scaling method. Its in this forum somewhere the exact name of the firm, but I dont remember exactly. I think rookie scum knew a lot about how it works. It was very controversial back then as it will be now.

I know someone at the back end of the list who had a 60 in august. A scaling method is not 10 points for everyone, its scaled..

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Noone said the damn exam was curved.

throw out!! poor questions poor answers protest HEROs! Fought for this! 

none of us - not a single one - has been officially notified. Having a friend send you a PDF is not the official response for the exam. How about that. 

DCAS is not updated yet, no email sent to us, no letter sent to your home. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

EXAM WAS CURVED FOR THE 10000000000% How else could you explain the size of list ????? Dont worry , youll make a fine executive some day SMH

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 882
Date:

its been updated on DCAS website, the list is official. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

nycop80 wrote:

its been updated on DCAS website, the list is official. 


 Thank you!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

nycop80 wrote:

its been updated on DCAS website, the list is official. 


NEVER DOIBT MY INTEL PEOPLE ! Enjoy !



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

Ive heard terminal numbers do NOT count towards vacancies. Can anyone advise ?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

C2244F47-EEAB-4CD7-9CDE-61AC0C04A3DB.jpegMy Score, my seniority is NOT updated. 

speak for yourself. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Thursday 29th of December 2022 01:14:09 AM

Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

Chew11 wrote:

Ive heard terminal numbers do NOT count towards vacancies. Can anyone advise ?


 From my understanding terminal numbers do count as openings for captain and above. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

21to25andOut wrote:

My Score, my seniorit, is NOT updated. 

speak for yourself. 


 You may be correct. List is not finalized yet. Makeup exam passers are not even on the list yet.



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 882
Date:

Your list number is on your dashboard from dcas official site. Id say thats pretty legit.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

LT4LIFE wrote:
Chew11 wrote:

Ive heard terminal numbers do NOT count towards vacancies. Can anyone advise ?


 From my understanding terminal numbers do count as openings for captain and above. 


 Thanks, I hope you are correct and Im wrong 

 

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

21to25andOut wrote:

C2244F47-EEAB-4CD7-9CDE-61AC0C04A3DB.jpegMy Score, my seniority is NOT updated. 

speak for yourself. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Wednesday 28th of December 2022 11:18:54 PM

Click on the green box that says "my civil service lists" list number will appear 

 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 882
Date:

Mine showed up yesterday.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Guys, i know the list # shows up. My point to others was DCAS is not even updated with seniority points, score, or even eligibility!! No one here got officially notified. People passing around a PDF file is not official. Yet, people aka DR1983 stating opinion as facts again that its a curve - free points - and not everyone would get made. OPINIONS from that Loser is what I am debating As he types it ad Facts and others on here soak it in like piss on a diaper. BAN DRPAPI!! Ban!!!! BAN!!! Hes a Extremist Hating Negative Liberal who barely passed the EASIEST CAPTAINS TEST EVER GIVEN!! And he has the balls to talk in this forum when he didnt even take the damn test! BAN HIM!!!!!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

You sure they havent added the other points ? My score is a very weird fractional score ending in like .71 How else would you get to that numeric ?



-- Edited by Chew11 on Thursday 29th of December 2022 01:55:47 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:

He didn't pass a Capt exam!!! He wants people to believe he did. He passed the 2017 Lieutenant exam and was promoted in 2018 to Lieutenant.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

WUT

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:

Towards the end of 2018... to be exact!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

This is big if true

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

I was wondering why a captain would still be sulking around these outdated message boards pumping his intel

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 882
Date:

Dcas website is not official ? Are you sure?



__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us