RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order our questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Vacancies


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 292
Date:
RE: Vacancies


Chew11 wrote:

You sure they havent added the other points ? My score is a very weird fractional score ending in like .71 How else would you get to that numeric ?



-- Edited by Chew11 on Thursday 29th of December 2022 01:55:47 AM


 fractional points for time in rank... jst/run... medals...



__________________

No stripes. No gripes.



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

nycop80 wrote:

Dcas website is not official ? Are you sure?


 You need to go back and read my last 3 posts.

thats not what i said. What i said was my DCAS Dashboard is ***NOT*** updated with seniority points, score, or eligibility points AND that NO ONE HERE has been OFFICIALLY NOTIFIED of their score! Everyone PASSED AROUND A PDF FILE they got from a FRIEND. thats not how you get notified from an exam. They will email you and your dashboard will be updated when it is finalized. not by a random text or whats app message with a PDF FILE of names. Its **NOT** official. These makeup exam passers were not even listed in that pdf file going around. expect your actual list # to drop a few places after makeup exam PASSERS push you down. ITs NOT 100% over! No one has fractional Points ON THEIR DCAS DASHBOARD. Until you get that email! And dashboard is updated. we all have a 99% accurate score and list # but subtle changes WILL OCCUR based on common damn sense. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Thursday 29th of December 2022 06:23:39 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 956
Date:

Dcas is fake site now. Please get off the cool aid.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

This 21to25andout guy spent all that time writing those useless messages to pretty much say nothing. That list is an official document that came from personnel. Dcas also posted their own list. Get real guy. They always add makeup exam takers to the list. You said nothing new here.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 273
Date:

The obsession people have with a dcas dashboard is alarming.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

SMH respect the guidelines never forget the 9 heroes

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 593
Date:

21to25andOut wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

Dcas website is not official ? Are you sure?


 You need to go back and read my last 3 posts.

thats not what i said. What i said was my DCAS Dashboard is ***NOT*** updated with seniority points, score, or eligibility points AND that NO ONE HERE has been OFFICIALLY NOTIFIED of their score! Everyone PASSED AROUND A PDF FILE they got from a FRIEND. thats not how you get notified from an exam. They will email you and your dashboard will be updated when it is finalized. not by a random text or whats app message with a PDF FILE of names. Its **NOT** official. These makeup exam passers were not even listed in that pdf file going around. expect your actual list # to drop a few places after makeup exam PASSERS push you down. ITs NOT 100% over! No one has fractional Points ON THEIR DCAS DASHBOARD. Until you get that email! And dashboard is updated. we all have a 99% accurate score and list # but subtle changes WILL OCCUR based on common damn sense. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Thursday 29th of December 2022 06:23:39 AM


Sorry bud but its an official list. Personnel is in charge of adding the points. DCAS will make absolutely no changes as they are the ones that forward the list for the updates personnel makes. Only other update will be make up people as they come but doesnt hold up promotions.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date:

21to25andOut wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

Dcas website is not official ? Are you sure?


 You need to go back and read my last 3 posts.

thats not what i said. What i said was my DCAS Dashboard is ***NOT*** updated with seniority points, score, or eligibility points AND that NO ONE HERE has been OFFICIALLY NOTIFIED of their score! Everyone PASSED AROUND A PDF FILE they got from a FRIEND. thats not how you get notified from an exam. They will email you and your dashboard will be updated when it is finalized. not by a random text or whats app message with a PDF FILE of names. Its **NOT** official. These makeup exam passers were not even listed in that pdf file going around. expect your actual list # to drop a few places after makeup exam PASSERS push you down. ITs NOT 100% over! No one has fractional Points ON THEIR DCAS DASHBOARD. Until you get that email! And dashboard is updated. we all have a 99% accurate score and list # but subtle changes WILL OCCUR based on common damn sense. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Thursday 29th of December 2022 06:23:39 AM


The list is real. guess you failed. Respect the guidelines. 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Bill Parcells wrote:
21to25andOut wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

Dcas website is not official ? Are you sure?


 You need to go back and read my last 3 posts.

thats not what i said. What i said was my DCAS Dashboard is ***NOT*** updated with seniority points, score, or eligibility points AND that NO ONE HERE has been OFFICIALLY NOTIFIED of their score! Everyone PASSED AROUND A PDF FILE they got from a FRIEND. thats not how you get notified from an exam. They will email you and your dashboard will be updated when it is finalized. not by a random text or whats app message with a PDF FILE of names. Its **NOT** official. These makeup exam passers were not even listed in that pdf file going around. expect your actual list # to drop a few places after makeup exam PASSERS push you down. ITs NOT 100% over! No one has fractional Points ON THEIR DCAS DASHBOARD. Until you get that email! And dashboard is updated. we all have a 99% accurate score and list # but subtle changes WILL OCCUR based on common damn sense. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Thursday 29th of December 2022 06:23:39 AM


The list is real. guess you failed. Respect the guidelines. 

Hey retard i guess u failed. I didnt say EVER that the list was fake. I clearly said in fuking english, its 99% accurate but be aware when the Make Up Exam Passers are Entered people will have adjusted fking list numbers. some of you people on here cant read to make any proper argument.  Bill P, leslie, dr1983 = Morons. 

 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Friday 30th of December 2022 03:49:28 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date:

21to25andOut wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
21to25andOut wrote:
nycop80 wrote:

Dcas website is not official ? Are you sure?


 You need to go back and read my last 3 posts.

thats not what i said. What i said was my DCAS Dashboard is ***NOT*** updated with seniority points, score, or eligibility points AND that NO ONE HERE has been OFFICIALLY NOTIFIED of their score! Everyone PASSED AROUND A PDF FILE they got from a FRIEND. thats not how you get notified from an exam. They will email you and your dashboard will be updated when it is finalized. not by a random text or whats app message with a PDF FILE of names. Its **NOT** official. These makeup exam passers were not even listed in that pdf file going around. expect your actual list # to drop a few places after makeup exam PASSERS push you down. ITs NOT 100% over! No one has fractional Points ON THEIR DCAS DASHBOARD. Until you get that email! And dashboard is updated. we all have a 99% accurate score and list # but subtle changes WILL OCCUR based on common damn sense. 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Thursday 29th of December 2022 06:23:39 AM


The list is real. guess you failed. Respect the guidelines. 

Hey retard i guess u failed. I didnt say EVER that the list was fake. I clearly said in fuking english, its 99% accurate but be aware when the Make Up Exam Passers are Entered people will have adjusted fking list numbers. some of you people on here cant read to make any proper argument.  Bill P, leslie, dr1983 = Morons. 

 



-- Edited by 21to25andOut on Friday 30th of December 2022 03:49:28 AM


 Adjustments to the list happen all the time. That dcas pdf list is the list. Any amendments they'll just simply add the people to the promotional class that corresponds to their grade. Everyone knows this. With your hostility there is no way you passed. Respect the guidelines. 



-- Edited by Bill Parcells on Friday 30th of December 2022 03:53:37 AM

__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:

Any update on the current vacancies?

__________________
25isthenew20


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Date:

2 and 22 on terminal. Dont worry. A lot of vacancies for DI and above. Just have to wait until Captains are promoted.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

I am glad that PBA signed a decent contract and expect the same for LBA and CEA. With that said I expect retirements come to a screeching halt. Dont be surprised when CEA signs their contract, some captains on terminal will join PD again. Thats the reality guys and gals.



-- Edited by ullage amount on Thursday 6th of April 2023 03:49:23 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1288
Date:

Yes if every rank gets a decent bump then it will definitely slow down every single ranks promotions.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 310
Date:

It always makes sense to do just one more year, but whoever stays because of a different contract is a loser. Then again, the job is full of them. It wouldnt surprise me either or, but if all things being the same, a few extra dollars in the paycheck shouldnt have a significant effect on the current rate of retirement.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

What yall think the new Capt base and total compensation will be ? Its at $192k now correct ?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

Me and my friend are both on the list, north of 150. We both have 17 years. I said I stay Lt and get the OT and retire at 20. He said to me. Are you going to stay home or get a new job. I said I definitely not going to stay home. He said so why not take the promotion then? Because you are not going to find a new job and make more money. So why not treat the promotion as a new job after retirement. Plus 8% on that overage of my ITHP (300,000). What do you guys think of my friends reasoning?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1288
Date:

Happy Paddy wrote:

Me and my friend are both on the list, north of 150. We both have 17 years. I said I stay Lt and get the OT and retire at 20. He said to me. Are you going to stay home or get a new job. I said I definitely not going to stay home. He said so why not take the promotion then? Because you are not going to find a new job and make more money. So why not treat the promotion as a new job after retirement. Plus 8% on that overage of my ITHP (300,000). What do you guys think of my friends reasoning?


 No one here knows your life. Go to a pension seminar or sit down with a financial planner. Half of us have 0% deferred comp and drive expensive cars. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

Happy Paddy wrote:

Me and my friend are both on the list, north of 150. We both have 17 years. I said I stay Lt and get the OT and retire at 20. He said to me. Are you going to stay home or get a new job. I said I definitely not going to stay home. He said so why not take the promotion then? Because you are not going to find a new job and make more money. So why not treat the promotion as a new job after retirement. Plus 8% on that overage of my ITHP (300,000). What do you guys think of my friends reasoning?


 If you still enjoy coming to work after 20 then stay until that feelings goes away. But remember you can always make more money but you can never get time back so dont put off things either. Id rather be 50 retired pursuing my interests with smaller pension then 60 with more money but no will or health to do things with it.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 359
Date:

With 3 years left Id just take the promo and see how it goes. Get to retire a captain anyway. Only thing that would stop me is if I was in a good detail as Lt.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

Take the promotion.
Fellas, if that pilot program with longer hours proves to be workable, and they are running different scenarios, I am 100% confident the overtime across all ranks will be cut dramatically. So forget about adding or fattening your numbers with 40-50k of overtime there is a reason why they are giving all unions decent raise
Keep in mind, you will find better paying jobs as a retired captain. Executive experience counts especially if you back it up with higher education or possess certain expertise (ballistics expert, crime scene, ESU/HNT, financial crimes etc)
Another angle to look at it. With new cpt raise, top pay cpt will make 220k. If you have none of those experiences I mentioned above who is gonna pay 220k in private sector? May as well stay here longer

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1410
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
Happy Paddy wrote:

Me and my friend are both on the list, north of 150. We both have 17 years. I said I stay Lt and get the OT and retire at 20. He said to me. Are you going to stay home or get a new job. I said I definitely not going to stay home. He said so why not take the promotion then? Because you are not going to find a new job and make more money. So why not treat the promotion as a new job after retirement. Plus 8% on that overage of my ITHP (300,000). What do you guys think of my friends reasoning?


 No one here knows your life. Go to a pension seminar or sit down with a financial planner. Half of us have 0% deferred comp and drive expensive cars. 


 Truer words have never been spoken.  Some cops are willing to forego maxing 457/401 with upcoming retro to pay high taxes and spent what's left.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

ullage amount wrote:

Take the promotion.
Fellas, if that pilot program with longer hours proves to be workable, and they are running different scenarios, I am 100% confident the overtime across all ranks will be cut dramatically. So forget about adding or fattening your numbers with 40-50k of overtime there is a reason why they are giving all unions decent raise
Keep in mind, you will find better paying jobs as a retired captain. Executive experience counts especially if you back it up with higher education or possess certain expertise (ballistics expert, crime scene, ESU/HNT, financial crimes etc)
Another angle to look at it. With new cpt raise, top pay cpt will make 220k. If you have none of those experiences I mentioned above who is gonna pay 220k in private sector? May as well stay here longer


 How are the tier 3 Capts going to handle this ? Their pensions wont go up after 25 years and theyll have a lose of senior leadership 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

By retiring at 25 years. Doesnt make sense financially to stay after 25 years if you are tier 3.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Nypdnypd3100 wrote:

By retiring at 25 years. Doesnt make sense financially to stay after 25 years if you are tier 3.


 in that same line, it doesnt even make sense to accrue time as tier 3 captain. Many captains and above take ot in time and leave at one point but are still on the books and end up retiring years later depending on how much time accrued. But for a tier 3 that doesnt benefit because anything pass 25 is a wash, so why accrue time at all? Does anyone have a diff mindset of this they can share?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

Yes I do. Although I see people now who break their backs their last year (tier 2), that doesnt work for tier 3. Tier 3 is an average of any 5 consecutive years. Youd have to crush it for 5 years for it to make sense. Im tier 3. I still plan on building up atleast 3 years of time, and retiring at 22 years. And then burning my time til I hit 25 years. To me I will have financially planned and invested my money so that all I care about is getting a decent pension at 25 years. I dont care if theres overtime in it. 3 years with my family, during my younger years is more valuable to me than working my ass off for 5 years straight, commuting into the city 5 days a week, and incurring all of the stress. I know a lot of people wont agree with this, but thats my outlook. Happy Easter all.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Nypdnypd3100 wrote:

Yes I do. Although I see people now who break their backs their last year (tier 2), that doesnt work for tier 3. Tier 3 is an average of any 5 consecutive years. Youd have to crush it for 5 years for it to make sense. Im tier 3. I still plan on building up atleast 3 years of time, and retiring at 22 years. And then burning my time til I hit 25 years. To me I will have financially planned and invested my money so that all I care about is getting a decent pension at 25 years. I dont care if theres overtime in it. 3 years with my family, during my younger years is more valuable to me than working my ass off for 5 years straight, commuting into the city 5 days a week, and incurring all of the stress. I know a lot of people wont agree with this, but thats my outlook. Happy Easter all.


 I would probably do the same. However I can see people killing it because that 10k in cash per year capts get can be the equivalent of a car payment upon retirement. But yeah I think id do 22 and accrue 3 years in time to total the 25.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 359
Date:

I'm in the minority, but the 25 year pension isn't all that great. It takes years for the escalation to build up to a point of a noticeable impact. If for example, you were able to retire at 22 and save all your pension payments for 3 years (which is what the city is doing when you stay past service retirement) and invested it, you'd surpass what you get from the extra 25 year escalation. It would never catch up.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 113
Date:

Then you are probably tier 2. But tier 3 needs to stay for 25 years in order to get the COLA.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 273
Date:

All good info above. Anyone have an update on vacancies ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

Nypdnypd3100 wrote:

Then you are probably tier 2. But tier 3 needs to stay for 25 years in order to get the COLA.


 Yeah, the COLA is probably the only thing tier 3 has that's legitimately good. Anyone who's tier 3 would be crazy not to stay to 25 to get it.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

Nypdnypd3100 wrote:

Yes I do. Although I see people now who break their backs their last year (tier 2), that doesnt work for tier 3. Tier 3 is an average of any 5 consecutive years. Youd have to crush it for 5 years for it to make sense. Im tier 3. I still plan on building up atleast 3 years of time, and retiring at 22 years. And then burning my time til I hit 25 years. To me I will have financially planned and invested my money so that all I care about is getting a decent pension at 25 years. I dont care if theres overtime in it. 3 years with my family, during my younger years is more valuable to me than working my ass off for 5 years straight, commuting into the city 5 days a week, and incurring all of the stress. I know a lot of people wont agree with this, but thats my outlook. Happy Easter all.


 You dont even have to worry about ot if you make capt



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 100
Date:

Chew11 wrote:

All good info above. Anyone have an update on vacancies ?


 Exactly lol



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 263
Date:

Vacancies as of 4/13/23

Sergeants 555 (3602 out of 4109 with 17 on Leave W/O Pay, 22 on Leave W/Pay, 1 Susp W/O Pay, 2 Susp W/Pay, and 34 on Terminal)

Lieutenants 29 (1428 out of 1444 with 3 on Leave W/O Pay, 10 on Leave W/Pay, and 20 on Terminal)

Captains 0 (354 out of 350 with 4 on Leave W/Pay and 22 on Terminal)

DI 36 (145 out of 180 with 1 on Leave W/O Pay and 15 on Terminal)



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Thursday 13th of April 2023 07:35:35 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1739
Date:

Promotions on the 28th. 20-25 Captains, remaining Lts (8). Lots of changes coming. As always, Intel is subject to change.

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 298
Date:

Dr papi any intel with Lt exam? Is that scale curve in play?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

Ah short 555 Sergeants, in a surplus of Captains. Let's promote more captains. Makes sense.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

Yeah I wouldnt listen to any Dr Papi Intel.

-Captains test wont be curved: Wrong
-2022 Sgt list out mid march: Wrong

rEsPeCT tHE gUidElInES

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 696
Date:

RamJamFlamSong wrote:

Ah short 555 Sergeants, in a surplus of Captains. Let's promote more captains. Makes sense.


The terminal numbers for Captains count as a vacancy. So 22 terminal= 22 vacancies. Captains can be on terminal for years with all the time they build up.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
RamJamFlamSong wrote:

Ah short 555 Sergeants, in a surplus of Captains. Let's promote more captains. Makes sense.


The terminal numbers for Captains count as a vacancy. So 22 terminal= 22 vacancies. Captains can be on terminal for years with all the time they build up.


 So that puts Sergeant vacancies even closer to 600. It doesn't make sense why they're waiting so long.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 263
Date:

countryroads wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
RamJamFlamSong wrote:

Ah short 555 Sergeants, in a surplus of Captains. Let's promote more captains. Makes sense.


The terminal numbers for Captains count as a vacancy. So 22 terminal= 22 vacancies. Captains can be on terminal for years with all the time they build up.


 So that puts Sergeant vacancies even closer to 600. It doesn't make sense why they're waiting so long.


 Terminal leave numbers only count towards vacancies for Captains and above.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1739
Date:

Res123 wrote:

Yeah I wouldnt listen to any Dr Papi Intel.

-Captains test wont be curved: Wrong
-2022 Sgt list out mid march: Wrong

rEsPeCT tHE gUidElInES


 Smh. I said list WILL BE CURVED and it was. Original passers were 115. After curve, list is over 485. Respect the guidelines. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1739
Date:

Sergeants list will be out soon. List will also be curved.



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

You have been saying soon since January.
Care to offer a specific timeline?

There are countless cops on this forum and the job at large that are so desperately awaiting a promotion or hoping they make the list. Continuing to offer a false hope and promising the unknown is reckless and straight up wrong to do to fellow cops.

Maybe it will be out soon, or maybe it wont
It might get curved, it might just be the FOIL lists the Key provided.

Bottom line is you clearly dont know.
And the people that do know, sure as shit arent posting on this forum.

Everyone is tired of your charade.


.

rEsPeCT tHe GUidElINES

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

Res123 wrote:

You have been saying soon since January.
Care to offer a specific timeline?

There are countless cops on this forum and the job at large that are so desperately awaiting a promotion or hoping they make the list. Continuing to offer a false hope and promising the unknown is reckless and straight up wrong to do to fellow cops.

Maybe it will be out soon, or maybe it wont
It might get curved, it might just be the FOIL lists the Key provided.

Bottom line is you clearly dont know.
And the people that do know, sure as shit arent posting on this forum.

Everyone is tired of your charade.


.

rEsPeCT tHe GUidElINES


 Hes a fraud !!!!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1739
Date:

SMH. Respect your elders and respect the guidelines

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1288
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
Res123 wrote:

Yeah I wouldnt listen to any Dr Papi Intel.

-Captains test wont be curved: Wrong
-2022 Sgt list out mid march: Wrong

rEsPeCT tHE gUidElInES


 Smh. I said list WILL BE CURVED and it was. Original passers were 115. After curve, list is over 485. Respect the guidelines. 


 115 original passers is completely false. People with raw scores in the 70s are much higher than that. Please dont spread false info like that. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
Res123 wrote:

Yeah I wouldnt listen to any Dr Papi Intel.

-Captains test wont be curved: Wrong
-2022 Sgt list out mid march: Wrong

rEsPeCT tHE gUidElInES


 Smh. I said list WILL BE CURVED and it was. Original passers were 115. After curve, list is over 485. Respect the guidelines. 


 115 original passers is completely false. People with raw scores in the 70s are much higher than that. Please dont spread false info like that. 


Confirm bacons post. Raw score 70 on test day is in the ballpark of 230 on this list.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:

Any update on the vacancies?

__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

I know some who scored 70 that are in low 300s. Some guys that scored 71 are in 270s and 280s. 



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us