It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: August 2022


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:
August 2022


May the force be with you.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

I was hoping for a big class of 150. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can sign up for LT exam during the filing period in December without being a SGT yet?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

91Everything wrote:

I was hoping for a big class of 150. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can sign up for LT exam during the filing period in December without being a SGT yet?


 You need 1 day in rank of sgt to be eligible to take the LT exam. You need 2 years in rank of sgt to be eligible for promotion to LT. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 230
Date:

91Everything wrote:

I was hoping for a big class of 150. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can sign up for LT exam during the filing period in December without being a SGT yet?


 You need 1 day in rank to sign up but if ur promoted after filing date closes but before the test day they will let you file in BMOC.



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

Missed July by less than 20... Hopeful there's an August class now.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

91Everything wrote:

I was hoping for a big class of 150. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can sign up for LT exam during the filing period in December without being a SGT yet?


Yes you can. There are a few people I know awaiting promotion to Sgt currently taking Elite classes. I've seen 2 people I know personally. They are only a few names away from Sgt promotion.

You need to be promoted to the rank of Sgt in order to take the test. And 2 years in rank before promotion. I suggest signing up for the LT class if you are only a few names away. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

Dahomeless1 wrote:
91Everything wrote:

I was hoping for a big class of 150. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can sign up for LT exam during the filing period in December without being a SGT yet?


Yes you can. There are a few people I know awaiting promotion to Sgt currently taking Elite classes. I've seen 2 people I know personally. They are only a few names away from Sgt promotion.

You need to be promoted to the rank of Sgt in order to take the test. And 2 years in rank before promotion. I suggest signing up for the LT class if you are only a few names away. 


 Isnt it 3 in rank to promote ?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

When is carb usually

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 182
Date:

CARB is usually first Tuesday OR 2nd Tuesday of the month. You shouldve received an email saying you have to go before CARB & what you need to complete before you get a CARB date (recommendation 49s from multiple supervisors NOT the CO), then RMD will send an email when theyre ready for you. There will be an August class, my guess is August 19/26 UNLESS they push to post-West Indie.

Two years in rank to promote to Lieutenant. As for signing up for LT exam post sign up date, if BMOC helps out with it great but I do know you need to do a 49 requesting to sign up for it.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

HopeBoss wrote:
Dahomeless1 wrote:
91Everything wrote:

I was hoping for a big class of 150. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if you can sign up for LT exam during the filing period in December without being a SGT yet?


Yes you can. There are a few people I know awaiting promotion to Sgt currently taking Elite classes. I've seen 2 people I know personally. They are only a few names away from Sgt promotion.

You need to be promoted to the rank of Sgt in order to take the test. And 2 years in rank before promotion. I suggest signing up for the LT class if you are only a few names away. 


 Isnt it 3 in rank to promote ?


 It is not. It maybe 1. But it definitely not three. I will ask again. I never heard it was 3 ever. And you only need 1 day in rank to sit for the exam of the following rank. So for those who are getting promoted soon to Sgt. I do suggest start studying for the LT exam. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Every rank is 2 years each

__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Any August rumors?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 847
Date:

From what I heard there is no plan for a class in Sept which is what you guys are referring to as an August Class.  Obviously things can change.  



-- Edited by Semp1 on Wednesday 20th of July 2022 11:55:31 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Date:

if they put in 4 classes for the rest of the year could be around these dates 

8/26, 10/01, 11/11, 12/16 

Just an assumption if there isnt a September class & if they want to have four classes to exhaust the list in its entirety by the end of this year. However, back in 2018 and 2019, when they skipped a September class along with a November class, they did put in classes in August, October and December. Well just have to wait and see where they go this time around. 



-- Edited by UndertakersFinest_ on Thursday 21st of July 2022 07:21:37 AM



-- Edited by UndertakersFinest_ on Thursday 21st of July 2022 08:14:47 AM

__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

When do you think the next finest will come down? 



__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

When do you think next finest may come down?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Has anyone heard this new impact initiative to combat crime theyre trying to do? Supposedly newly promoted Sgts would be assigned to it out of BMOC. But its not like the old school impact we grew up on, its 2-3 commands in 1



-- Edited by UnAvailable777 on Thursday 21st of July 2022 08:55:05 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

UnAvailable777 wrote:

Has anyone heard this new impact initiative to combat crime theyre trying to do? Supposedly newly promoted Sgts would be assigned to it out of BMOC. But its not like the old school impact we grew up on, its 2-3 commands in 1



-- Edited by UnAvailable777 on Thursday 21st of July 2022 07:30:10 PM


 
Unless they changed it, the 49 that I saw said that supervisors needed to have two or maybe three years in rank. However, yes it is an impact style program that new recruits go into with two or three commands that they cover. The last class that just graduated went into it. The good news is that they didnt fill every impact zone, so when the next class graduates in October they are probably going to need to promote more sergeants to fill the vacancies from the ones they are going to pull from patrol



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

sector7 wrote:
UnAvailable777 wrote:

Has anyone heard this new impact initiative to combat crime theyre trying to do? Supposedly newly promoted Sgts would be assigned to it out of BMOC. But its not like the old school impact we grew up on, its 2-3 commands in 1



-- Edited by UnAvailable777 on Thursday 21st of July 2022 07:30:10 PM


 
Unless they changed it, the 49 that I saw said that supervisors needed to have two or maybe three years in rank. However, yes it is an impact style program that new recruits go into with two or three commands that they cover. The last class that just graduated went into it. The good news is that they didnt fill every impact zone, so when the next class graduates in October they are probably going to need to promote more sergeants to fill the vacancies from the ones they are going to pull from patrol


 

Oh wow really? thanks for that. I heard it from someone I know who works in the borough. Makes sense!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

Depending on when the Captains exam is scheduled to be administered , the dept can possibly squeeze in another LT promotion to make those newly promoted eligible to take the Captains test. If that does happen we can probably count on another Sgt promotion as well. Just my opinion.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

capt test is august 16th, it would be a tight squeeze but its possible that a class of LTs goes in before that. LT bmoc is 2 weeks it starts either tomorrow or monday. leaving about 1 week to promote before the test is administered

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 182
Date:

FTU Sergeants must have 6 months in rank not 3 years.

They are pushing for more LTs to squeeze in for the next Captain exam because apparently signups are low, not many LTs are interested in the Rank, and really dont blame them.

I wouldnt expect a Sgt class until right after Labor Day, unless some Chief has vacation again & pushes it up like yesterday.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

i was wondering if the reason they pushed up yesterdays promotions was to make room to squeeze in more LTs before the capt test

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

Anyone with access to vacancies please post.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

Highly curious if they throw in another class before the capt test and if it'll just be LT or they'll finish out the "150" sgt that were allegedly supposed to go in for July...

Personally, I think they wait till mid/late august for next promo, and the rest of the future LT miss out on the capt test. Hopefully I'm wrong.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

VetteCop wrote:

Highly curious if they throw in another class before the capt test and if it'll just be LT or they'll finish out the "150" sgt that were allegedly supposed to go in for July...

Personally, I think they wait till mid/late august for next promo, and the rest of the future LT miss out on the capt test. Hopefully I'm wrong.


 Hard to predict as the dept has not been following the usual norms for promotions. Maybe someone (reliable) with some intel can confirm that possibility. Fingers crossed maybe they can squeeze the 100 that was left from the rumored 150 for July.



-- Edited by Futureauxiliary on Monday 25th of July 2022 02:09:21 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

I doubt it tbh. Never have they had two promo in one month, at least for this list.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

Any rumors for next class ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

Any rumors for next class ?


 Hey man last I heard was no promotion class for August. September is supposedly the next scheduled promotion. But this is also from the same person who told me 150 SGTs for 07/29 so who knows how accurate it is. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

I cant see it happening in September with juv and unga

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Helloall wrote:

I cant see it happening in September with juv and unga


 I heard end of September, but again who knows. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

Zero chatter for next class probably not a good sign for August.

__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

How does one find out if they will need to go to Carb? I dont think August is promotional month but who knows. Hope Im cleared for next round!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 182
Date:

Bro I literally posted a whole thing on CARB in this thread.

If you every had to be arrested or on dismissal probation or suspended or modified or charges/specs or under IAB investigation then youre getting CARB.

Check your DEPT Email. Also, if youre still unsure, call Risk Management Division & ask them.



-- Edited by No1isbetter on Thursday 4th of August 2022 08:18:20 PM

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

crickets in here since the new sergeant exam...

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Spoke to someone in BMOC yesterday and he said they havent said anything about another class yet.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 847
Date:

SaltyCrimeGuy wrote:

Spoke to someone in BMOC yesterday and he said they havent said anything about another class yet.


 Whether true or not I was told no LT class until September.  Whether that applies to sgt too. Who knows. And my guess is itll be end of August or after Labor Day.  Both scenarios are possible but Im going to go out on a limb and say itll be after Labor Day.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

Semp1 wrote:
SaltyCrimeGuy wrote:

Spoke to someone in BMOC yesterday and he said they havent said anything about another class yet.


 Whether true or not I was told no LT class until September.  Whether that applies to sgt too. Who knows. And my guess is itll be end of August or after Labor Day.  Both scenarios are possible but Im going to go out on a limb and say itll be after Labor Day.  


 At this point I agree. Middle or late September for next class. Probably a big one too I'd imagine. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

SaltyCrimeGuy wrote:

Spoke to someone in BMOC yesterday and he said they havent said anything about another class yet.


 Thats usually the case with most Bmocs. For the most part they dont get intel on upcoming promos. I think if a class does end up going in we should be hearing something this up coming week. The current bmoc is coming to an end soon so lets see what happens.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

New week, hopefully brings some new info!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Id be happy with a nice 150 class for September. Its been too quiet for an August class. Just my opinion.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

SaltyCrimeGuy wrote:

Id be happy with a nice 150 class for September. Its been too quiet for an August class. Just my opinion.


 Going based on the last 4 bmocs i think that is too much to ask lol.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 230
Date:

My source is saying no August class but big September class to follow whole list is getting made before end of Year so but just be patient and Study for the Lt exam because everyone on this list will be eligible to take it

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Taketheday wrote:

My source is saying no August class but big September class to follow whole list is getting made before end of Year so but just be patient and Study for the Lt exam because everyone on this list will be eligible to take it


 As always thanks for the info! 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

If I get called I cant go to graduation right cause the vaccine

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Helloall wrote:

If I get called I cant go to graduation right cause the vaccine


 My buddy had to go earlier that day just to pick up his shield and sign some paperwork. He wasnt allowed to attend the ceremony but can sit through Bmoc for a month with the same people. Makes a lot of sense



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

When do you guys think theyre more than likely to have a September class: mid or end ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Date:

When was this?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 589
Date:

UnAvailable777 wrote:

When do you guys think theyre more than likely to have a September class: mid or end ?


 I think last year was end of September.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

Last year was September 3

__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us