Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: July BMOC?????


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:
July BMOC?????


As far as weve been told in bmoc now, yes. The 29th. But they couldnt give us a solid number yet. We heard 50-75

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

Tier3scum wrote:

As far as weve been told in bmoc now, yes. The 29th. But they couldnt give us a solid number yet. We heard 50-75


 is graduation still 26th? 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

Ya so far the 26. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But now theyre saying they dont think theres another class for Sgts in the 29th. But they also said things change day by day. So Thursday was 50-75. 15 minutes
Ago were told no class. But any changes Ill definitely post here

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

Yeah so everything literally just got put on hold from all BMOCs CPT, LT, and SGTs, and the July recruit class has also been pulled. But as tier said things keep changing and at this point I don't think anyone besides the Mayor knows what's gonna happen. I'll keep you guys posted if I get any important updates.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 66
Date:

What commands were on the dream sheet?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

Only 200 more promotion this year and thats it. Next year 300. So everybody else is ****ed
Better luck next time. The next test Feb 2022. If you have 18+ Retire and get out now

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

mrmonday wrote:

Only 200 more promotion this year and thats it. Next year 300. So everybody else is ****ed
Better luck next time. The next test Feb 2022. If you have 18+ Retire and get out now


 Ill sign up for that right now. Im just under 350 away



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

mrmonday wrote:

Only 200 more promotion this year and thats it. Next year 300. So everybody else is ****ed
Better luck next time. The next test Feb 2022. If you have 18+ Retire and get out now


 so if the next test isnt till 2/2022 then this list is being extended. 



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

Dream sheet had...

6,7,13,17,20,22,23,24,32,40,42,43,46,47,49,62,63,66,67,68,76,73,75,81,90,109,110,111,114,103,105,113,120,121,123,PSA1,2,5,8, TD2,4,12,23

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

Tksmooth33 wrote:

Dream sheet had...

6,7,13,17,20,22,23,24,32,40,42,43,46,47,49,62,63,66,67,68,76,73,75,81,90,109,110,111,114,103,105,113,120,121,123,PSA1,2,5,8, TD2,4,12,23


 those are some sweet commands..  Check ur inbox 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Guys NO Sgts class upcoming. Im sorry

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 154
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

Guys NO Sgts class upcoming. Im sorry


 any idea what went wrong? ty for your solid info thus far



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Told it was a go and then a 49 was sent to pc to rescind. Dont know why

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

Told it was a go and then a 49 was sent to pc to rescind. Dont know why


 A 49 sent to the PC? Who tells the PC what to do?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Lol pc doesnt make decisions on this stuff. He has units ie chief of staff make the decisions and then send 49 up to him to sign off

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

Lol pc doesnt make decisions on this stuff. He has units ie chief of staff make the decisions and then send 49 up to him to sign off


 Ok that makes sense. They way you wrote it, sounded like someone told the pc to pull the plug. lol 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Sorry. Thats how it was described to me. 50 to 75 were the number to go in and I really have no reason for cancellation

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Date:

If anyone finds out the number going in, please post it.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 298
Date:

Wow!! obviously your not reading. the class was canceled. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Date:

Wow what a blow.

This is not looking good.

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Date:

Is this 100% confirmed or just word of mouth right now ?

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

Lets forget it if we are below 1600. We are ****ed lets face it lets stop with the hopeful news

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Date:

Agreed with the mr. monday. I was hopeful, at this point its time to let go. List will be lucky to touch 1600s, anything after that is pure luck. Gonna take a long break from the forums. This defund the police **** is really gonna put a number on the list.

This isnt even considering a possible economic meltdown in the stock market. Which can happen within the next 3-18 months. If this happens, its going to be catastrophic.

And anyone who thinks the NYPD or DCAS gives a **** about extending an exam i have a bridge to sell you.

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

I post the info I receive. I was told last week Up to 75. There was some talk of it being cancelled but nothing confirmed. Today I was told it was confirmed cancelled. Again if anyone hears different pls post but I am very confident where I received this info

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

Its very simple why bmoc was pulled. 1. A new fiscal year in an incredibly uncertain time is less than two weeks away.
2. No recruit class. No recruits = less cops. Less cops = need for less bosses.

And yes 20 sgts mightve put in their papers. But for every 20 sgts who retire theres probably 160 cops that did too.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

Whats with these meltdowns by everyone? Nobody even knows the real reason BMOC was canceled. Vacancies keep adding up, and eventually a new sgt class will be put in. Everybodys acting like this has never happened before. Is it a good thing? Hell no, but still...chill out.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

Im 39 names away LOL- this is just my luck
Oh well- not gonna stress over something I cant control
In Gods hands itll happen when it happens if not nothing we can do about it
Just stay safe everyone most important thing

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

GangGreenMets wrote:

Whats with these meltdowns by everyone? Nobody even knows the real reason BMOC was canceled. Vacancies keep adding up, and eventually a new sgt class will be put in. Everybodys acting like this has never happened before. Is it a good thing? Hell no, but still...chill out.


 I think this current climate POs wanna get promoted. No more collaring or getting stuck w bags of s___  Theyre tired of getting **** on even though as a sgt the size of the ****s are sometimes even bigger



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:
GangGreenMets wrote:

Whats with these meltdowns by everyone? Nobody even knows the real reason BMOC was canceled. Vacancies keep adding up, and eventually a new sgt class will be put in. Everybodys acting like this has never happened before. Is it a good thing? Hell no, but still...chill out.


 I think this current climate POs wanna get promoted. No more collaring or getting stuck w bags of s___  Theyre tired of getting **** on even though as a sgt the size of the ****s are sometimes even bigger


 Believe me, I get it. Im 300 names out and want to be promoted badly. I also know that just because one BMOC gets pulled doesnt always mean the sky is falling. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Date:

This forum turned into one big bitching match.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

BROOKLYN77 wrote:

This forum turned into one big bitching match.


 They pulled one BMOC class and now half the forum is on suicide watch. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

Lmfaoooooooooo

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

Its just sad, 100s if vacancies and theyre gonna skip months .. Even 60-70 Lt vacancies and theyre skipping them
too

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

If the headcount drops from 36 to 33 those vacancies are gonna be like kevin spacey at the end of usual suspects. Poof. Gone.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Your moron and jackass if your still collaring or doing any police work Shame on you. And being a Sgt is not all that it's cracked up to be. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 227
Date:

Sgtnogood wrote:

Your moron and jackass if your still collaring or doing any police work Shame on you. And being a Sgt is not all that it's cracked up to be. 


 Preach.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

Sgtnogood wrote:

Your moron and jackass if your still collaring or doing any police work Shame on you. And being a Sgt is not all that it's cracked up to be. 


 Youre



-- Edited by 3rdtimetheCharm on Tuesday 23rd of June 2020 02:07:45 PM



-- Edited by 3rdtimetheCharm on Tuesday 23rd of June 2020 02:08:06 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

Youre



-- Edited by TransitCop on Tuesday 23rd of June 2020 02:20:42 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

Anyone in bmoc hear no more promos until January 2021?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

All three ranks were cancelled for promos this month. Possibly ALOT of down months coming up for all ranks

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Just an FYI. I absolutely hate posting about the future. I find the info to change often and then ppl are blasted when things change. But that is current as of this week and I know its not what most want to hear. I have ten years on and know enough this info can change so please be patient



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Tuesday 23rd of June 2020 03:49:35 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

I think right now, with how much things are changing, todays plan could be thrown out the window tomorrow. Will the city be forced, even though they dont want to, to hire more cops? I think so. Just like two days ago the plan was to put in 50-75 Sgts, and now its on hold, they could completely reverse that decision next week. Well all have to wait and see.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

Another thing Id like to add is that (now this is only my opinion- I dont know anybody) the department would probably like to know what units will exist and not exist before promoting anybody else. They dont want to make a mess of things before they allow movement to occur.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Date:

With all of this happening and both lists not even being 50% complete. They SHOULD, extend the lists by a year. I know thats wishful thinking. But they should.

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:

With all of this happening and both lists not even being 50% complete. They SHOULD, extend the lists by a year. I know thats wishful thinking. But they should.


 I dont even think its wishful thinking...nothing should surprise anybody at this point.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

Finest Is out I counted 50 going in. Congratulations to those making it so far. At this point Ill take any size class.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Date:

50 going in where ... you mean the graduation finest ?

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

My bet. I didnt realize it was that. 



__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard