Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Corona gonna **** this all up


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 152
Date:
Corona gonna **** this all up


I say no classes till summer



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Failboat wrote:

I say no classes till summer


I will have to agree with you. The coronavirus is going to be changing plenty. This **** sucks but at this point the best thing we can do is try to stay healthy and not bringing **** to our families. This list will figure itself out at some point.   



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 928
Date:

DT-Tres wrote:
Failboat wrote:

I say no classes till summer


I will have to agree with you. The coronavirus is going to be changing plenty. This **** sucks but at this point the best thing we can do is try to stay healthy and not bringing **** to our families. This list will figure itself out at some point.   


 
100% this. Take care about your health and your families. Thats all that matters right now. 

But this looks like a repeat of the financial collapse of 2008. Tiny recruit classes and promotional freezes. 



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Friday 20th of March 2020 04:17:54 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

I think this will def set things back but at the same time there are prob record numbers of people running to the pension sections as units are being put back out on the streets and who wants to risk getting sick when they can just retire and walk away. The list could slow or speed up who knows. Def not gonna be a class for a while thats for sure.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

Agree! This can also be a reason the Dept extends the list. Who could know?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

BxBound wrote:

Agree! This can also be a reason the Dept extends the list. Who could know?


 I agree . If there was a time a list could/should be extended then this is it . I dont think the job would wanna do  another round of promotional exams and have  thousands of UMOS take preparation classes together or sit in a classroom for 6 hours taking a test  but who knows whats gonna happen. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 241
Date:

Just dont forget. The vacancies will still be there if not higher due to people just saying f@ck this I'm out. So instead of putting in 80 people over a 4 month period, when this blows over they will have classes of 75+ going in like they did when the list first started. Pretty sure they were well over 100 names within the first 2 classes due to vacancies.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 928
Date:

The main issue will be if recruits go in. If there are no new cops then you dont need more sgts, lts, etc.

This is what happened in 2008-2010.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 133
Date:

Seriously thou if you are eligible for retirement and have 25 years on then GTFO. Theres no time like now to enjoy your life. I really dont understand those people who stay on past this and then die few years after retirement.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

Everyone repeat after me... "The list cannot be extended past four years"

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Date:

Flatbread King wrote:

Everyone repeat after me... "The list cannot be extended past four years"


 Not entirely true. The civil service commission can extend the list. if promotions are shut down for a prolonged period of time you can expect major lawsuits. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

7AFEE907-1118-49A0-9BC6-1E8AF5FEF830.pngRBJ5154 wrote:
Flatbread King wrote:

Everyone repeat after me... "The list cannot be extended past four years"


 Not entirely true. The civil service commission can extend the list. if promotions are shut down for a prolonged period of time you can expect major lawsuits. 


 



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 183
Date:

Everyone on this forum wants hope but guess what the list is not getting extended nor will it go above 800. People think just because their are no promotions for a couple of months the list is getting extended thats straight up bullisht. Bunch of clowns oh yes Coronavirus now the list is getting extended idiots

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 183
Date:

And if it does get extended I will be the first to sue and I have many people that will join me. Give another test 2021

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 140
Date:

narco26 wrote:

And if it does get extended I will be the first to sue and I have many people that will join me. Give another test 2021


 So you can fail AGAIN and keep trolling the forums.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
narco26 wrote:

And if it does get extended I will be the first to sue and I have many people that will join me. Give another test 2021


 So you can fail AGAIN and keep trolling the forums.


 Lol Narco.....glad youre still alive and trolling. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

narco26 wrote:

And if it does get extended I will be the first to sue and I have many people that will join me. Give another test 2021


Which list  are your referring to since you claim to be on both the 2016 Sgts list and the 2017 LTs  list. Lmao 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 183
Date:

Im not on it I failed so if they extend this one Im going to sue and not just me. I want another crack at it so I dont want this list to get extended.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

You are so selfish. I hope you never pass the test and retire as a PO. Or you might be a cadet, not even a PO. Just come here to entertain us from time to time when we get bored.



-- Edited by mike16 on Thursday 26th of March 2020 12:50:37 AM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

You all need to get a grip. We have hundreds of MOS on our job who have tested positive for COVID-19. Some are currently hospitalized. How many of us are sick and dont even know it? And are spreading to colleagues and families? And yet some of us still find the time to come on here and start theorizing and crap about the test being extended. I mean seriously.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 491
Date:

Jamiecase wrote:

You all need to get a grip. We have hundreds of MOS on our job who have tested positive for COVID-19. Some are currently hospitalized. How many of us are sick and dont even know it? And are spreading to colleagues and families? And yet some of us still find the time to come on here and start theorizing and crap about the test being extended. I mean seriously.

 

Unfortunately a lot of UMOS on this job are one-way. No crisis, natural disaster, terrorist attack, or pandemic will fix those one-way tools.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:

After September 11, the NYPD advanced an image that it was the most prepared police department in the world. That illusion has now been shattered. The Coronavirus has exposed the mega fraud that is the NYPD. All of the decades of promoting incompetent friends and lovers, while abusing the educated and competent has now come to bare the ugly truth. It appears that the scandal in the NYPD "family assistance" unit foreshadowed the ultimate collapse of the NYPD. It was this culture of nepotistic corruption that led to the destruction of the department. No safety supplies for the unconnected front line troops, while millions of dollars went to train the girlfriends of corrupt bosses on this job. The NYPD medical division is harassing those who called out sick and sending them back to the front lines. This madness is being fostered by the likes of totally incompetent leaders like Chief Fausto Pichardo. He is not a doctor but is giving medical advice. Someone needs to stop the spread of disinformation within the department before everyone and their families get infected. As for the promotions, forget them. Even if they wind up extending current civil service lists, one thing is sure: The department will continue to protect the connected friends and lovers. This is imbedded within the DNA of the NYPD.



-- Edited by RoboCop1987 on Sunday 29th of March 2020 06:29:05 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 133
Date:

RoboCop1987 wrote:

After September 11, the NYPD advanced an image that it was the most prepared police department in the world. That illusion has now been shattered. The Coronavirus has exposed the mega fraud that is the NYPD. All of the decades of promoting incompetent friends and lovers, while abusing the educated and competent has now come to bear the ugly truth. It appears that the scandal in the NYPD "family assistance" unit foreshadowed the ultimate collapse of the NYPD. It was this culture of nepotistic corruption that led to the destruction of the department. No safety supplies for the unconnected front line troops, while millions of dollars went to train the girlfriends of corrupt bosses on this job. The NYPD medical division is harassing those who called out sick and sending them back to the front lines. This madness is being fostered by the likes of totally incompetent leaders like Chief Faust Pichardo. He is not a doctor but is giving medical advice. Someone needs to stop the spread of disinformation within the department before everyone and their families get infected. As for the promotions, forget them. Even if they wind up extending current civil service lists, one thing is sure: The department will continue to protect the connected friends and lovers. This is imbedded within the DNA of the NYPD.

well summarized 


 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 491
Date:

RoboCop1987 wrote:

After September 11, the NYPD advanced an image that it was the most prepared police department in the world. That illusion has now been shattered. The Coronavirus has exposed the mega fraud that is the NYPD. All of the decades of promoting incompetent friends and lovers, while abusing the educated and competent has now come to bear the ugly truth. It appears that the scandal in the NYPD "family assistance" unit foreshadowed the ultimate collapse of the NYPD. It was this culture of nepotistic corruption that led to the destruction of the department. No safety supplies for the unconnected front line troops, while millions of dollars went to train the girlfriends of corrupt bosses on this job. The NYPD medical division is harassing those who called out sick and sending them back to the front lines. This madness is being fostered by the likes of totally incompetent leaders like Chief Faust Pichardo. He is not a doctor but is giving medical advice. Someone needs to stop the spread of disinformation within the department before everyone and their families get infected. As for the promotions, forget them. Even if they wind up extending current civil service lists, one thing is sure: The department will continue to protect the connected friends and lovers. This is imbedded within the DNA of the NYPD.


Very accurate !!! This department is run by guys that are good boot-lickers NOT great leaders. The great leaders are treated like trash and are rarely promoted above the rank of Captain/DI.

As for the district surgeons, it's disgusting as to what these fake doctors are doing. They are rushing people back who exhibit symptoms but have been unable to get tested because of the shortage of testing kits. They are putting the lives of UMOS on the line, because God forbid a patrol cop gets 2 weeks off, and a DO NOTHING from an admin gig has to hit the streets to cover for patrol. This department is a complete disaster !!!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 495
Date:

In defense of the higher ups...no one could have foreseen this. Overall, i think the job is doing the best it can against this covid enemy. Stay safe brothers and sisters.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:

Im sorry, but there is no defense for the higher ups on this job. As for the argument that no one could have foreseen this, by the end of January of this year, the Coronavirus outbreak in China and the rest of the world was one of the biggest news stories of the Century thus far. However, rather than preparing to protect their employees, the higher ups were conducting business as usual and protecting the girlfriends that they supervise. Hence, the "family assistance" unit philosophy of the NYPD. The department has proven to be one of the worst run organizations on the planet. Through its nepotistic corruption it has caused its employees to die in the line of duty. The shock is there is no shock. The unconnected employees were not shocked when a cop stabbed himself in the neck the other day. They were also not shocked when the "family assistance" unit scandal emerged.



-- Edited by RoboCop1987 on Monday 30th of March 2020 03:07:55 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 491
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

In defense of the higher ups...no one could have foreseen this. Overall, i think the job is doing the best it can against this covid enemy. Stay safe brothers and sisters.

 

I respectfully disagree !!! The department is rushing cops back who have tested positive for CoVid-19, or who have yet to get their results back because they are more concerned with keeping the amount of sick cops down, rather than care about the health of its members. You have plenty of empty suits throughout the department that should be filling for these sick cops. God forbid a cop gets rushed back, is still positive and continues to infect more members of that precinct ? More cops will die if the department continues this irresponsible practice.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

The remainder of this list is definitely screwed. The mayor has already announced a hiring freeze and deep budget cuts to come. The only things I can think of to hope for now are a major reduction in the overtime budget, forcing LT's to retire or a massive Federal bailout specifically for NYC as the epicenter of this crisis.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 928
Date:

Flatbread King wrote:

The remainder of this list is definitely screwed. The mayor has already announced a hiring freeze and deep budget cuts to come. The only things I can think of to hope for now are a major reduction in the overtime budget, forcing LT's to retire or a massive Federal bailout specifically for NYC as the epicenter of this crisis.


 May or june will mark the halfway point and we are only up to 400. All three exams are in trouble at this point. 

But first and foremost think of yourself and your family at this point. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

whats the soonest you think a class will be put in

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 204
Date:

9B0EBA9D-4804-4A94-B85D-722793464109.jpeg



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 183
Date:

Im thinking june

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 928
Date:

Absolute best case scenario i would say june. Though i wouldnt be surprised if it was end of summer august etc.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 111
Date:

Rumor has it, 30 or so LTs getting promoted next week. We shall see...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 111
Date:

Hearing identification card notifications are going out. Anyone else hearing anything???

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

NewUser wrote:

Rumor has it, 30 or so LTs getting promoted next week. We shall see...


 =(  theres about 75 vacancies smh



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:
NewUser wrote:

Rumor has it, 30 or so LTs getting promoted next week. We shall see...


 =(  theres about 75 vacancies smh


 Here's hoping they do back to back classes.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Once the OT runs out, expect a mass exodus of dinosaur LTs. The ones trying to nickel and dime their pensions will leave.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

1974nypd wrote:

Once the OT runs out, expect a mass exodus of dinosaur LTs. The ones trying to nickel and dime their pensions will leave.


 LSAs are starting already..  Good Riddance 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

Not saying that your statements may not be completely accurate. But some will look at job market and stay. The ones who plan to retire for good will leave. Not sure how many passed 20 are in either boat but dont just assume that things will occur

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Have you seen some of these numbers who have LSA over 25 years? 11-14k a month.. 30+ 14-17k a month.. Who cares about the job market.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard