Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: August ?


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 171
Date:
RE: August ?


Liberal Tools wrote:

Still hearing only 30 for end of August. Anyone else hear the same? Would make sense for a bigger class considering all the vacancies.


         It's 30 from what I hear too.  Pretty valuable source. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 464
Date:

What does the vacancies look like ? Update ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

I don't have the exact numbers but I can guarentee that its will at least be anywhere from 60-70 Vacancies by Aug. 30th, just based on the finest messages alone

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 319
Date:

Anyone on this list call dcas as check the number they cleared?

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

I checked today they said 1100 or so they cleared up too I cant remember the exact number 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 51
Date:

Just called DCAS. Cleared to number 1105. Not sure what that means but thats the number .

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 319
Date:

Thats pretty insane.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 128
Date:

Means nothing you think they are going to put another 900 Lts in 33 months?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 464
Date:

narco26 wrote:

Means nothing you think they are going to put another 900 Lts in 33 months?


I love it. Narco is so upset that they are going to promote the majority of the list if not the whole list. The guy is a complete nerd that never passed a basic easy promotional exam, LMAO.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

Sullyten wrote:

Just called DCAS. Cleared to number 1105. Not sure what that means but thats the number .


 Can confirm. Just called and heard the same number.



__________________



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:

redcons2 wrote:
Sullyten wrote:

Just called DCAS. Cleared to number 1105. Not sure what that means but thats the number .


 Can confirm. Just called and heard the same number.


 Can anyone find out exactly what that means? Do they expect to promote up to that number or do DCAS does that clearance for all lists regardless of whether they promote all the candidates or not . Asking for a friend



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

DCAS clearances have nothing to do with NYPD promotion frequency nor anticipated promotions. No one can foresee the future, maybe consult a psychic...

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 319
Date:

Never have I seen dcas clear more than a hundred or so ahead for LTs and aboit 200-250 for Sgt lists.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

I heard the 6th floor of 1PP was crazy yesterday. Something like 90 people retired. Just what I heard.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Date:

167 People retired yesterday to be exact 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Sensei255 wrote:

167 People retired yesterday to be exact 


 how many were Lieutenants?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

Sensei255 wrote:

167 People retired yesterday to be exact 


 I stand corrected. That's an extremely large number?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

currently 60 lieutenant vacancies.

__________________

Tick Tock... Tick Tock... Tick Tock...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Passingthetime wrote:

currently 60 lieutenant vacancies.


 Plus another 14 (minimum ) Vacancies coming between 8/1/19- 8/31/19



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

Anyone know when CARB is meeting next?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Date:

if there are promotions at the end of the month mentoring shouldn't mentoring be announced today?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 171
Date:

The mentoring finest went out weeks ago



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 171
Date:

ash123 wrote:

if there are promotions at the end of the month mentoring shouldn't mentoring be announced today?


The actual Mentoring Finest Message should come down over the next few days, for next Monday 8/12. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

MENTORING FINEST IS OUT.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 156
Date:

monkeybones wrote:

MENTORING FINEST IS OUT.


 get it up!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:
monkeybones wrote:

MENTORING FINEST IS OUT.


 get it up!


 There you go



-- Edited by monkeybones on Tuesday 6th of August 2019 11:08:37 PM

Attachments
__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

Im on my phone so hard to double check- seems 337.5 the highest guy in mentoring?

__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 464
Date:

How many are going into this next class?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

 

redcons2 wrote:

Im on my phone so hard to double check- seems 337.5 the highest guy in mentoring?


 

Appears to be #338



-- Edited by monkeybones on Wednesday 7th of August 2019 12:23:31 AM

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Date:

All those guys are in details. Im assuming theyre not putting Sergeants who are already in numbered commands into mentoring.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

100questions wrote:

All those guys are in details. Im assuming theyre not putting Sergeants who are already in numbered commands into mentoring.


 Nor are they putting people in who have been off patrol less than 2 years.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 156
Date:

jLiberal Tools wrote:
100questions wrote:

All those guys are in details. Im assuming theyre not putting Sergeants who are already in numbered commands into mentoring.


 Nor are they putting people in who have been off patrol less than 2 years.


 you mean more than two years?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 171
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:
jLiberal Tools wrote:
100questions wrote:

All those guys are in details. Im assuming theyre not putting Sergeants who are already in numbered commands into mentoring.


 Nor are they putting people in who have been off patrol less than 2 years.


 you mean more than two years?


 If you have been off patrol less than 2 years you don't go to mentoring, is what he's saying.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

We got clearance for up to upper 300s do somethings coming

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 222
Date:

So do we have an idea of how many are going in at end of this month?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:

So do we have an idea of how many are going in at end of this month?


 Excellent question, I was wondering during the same. Lots of Vacancies. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 464
Date:

This place has been dead.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 152
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:

So do we have an idea of how many are going in at end of this month?


 Based on current number there is no reason not to put in 50. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

Based on mentoring list 30-35 is a safe estimate. Im leaning towards 30.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Mentoring is not a must, correct? So technically they can put any number in last minute?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 299
Date:

No not a must but there needs to be a compelling reason to miss it. If they were going to do a larger class they would have sent more to mentoring. Exemptions from mentoring are a case by case basis not a were gonna do 60 instead of 30 now thing.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:

No not a must but there needs to be a compelling reason to miss it. If they were going to do a larger class they would have sent more to mentoring. Exemptions from mentoring are a case by case basis not a were gonna do 60 instead of 30 now thing.


 Awww I see



__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard