Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: June 2018


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:
June 2018


There was 50 Sgts that got promoted today or tomorrow to lt

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Right but remember they get promoted at the end. So I was hoping a new batch would go into BMOC this week, which would give credit to the rumor of end of June promotions clearing out 50 more LTs.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

CappedOut wrote:

Right but remember they get promoted at the end. So I was hoping a new batch would go into BMOC this week, which would give credit to the rumor of end of June promotions clearing out 50 more LTs.


 I dont think it makes a difference. Im still hearing promotions the 29th and first day of bmoc July 2nd



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:

CappedOut wrote:

Right but remember they get promoted at the end. So I was hoping a new batch would go into BMOC this week, which would give credit to the rumor of end of June promotions clearing out 50 more LTs.


 Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Lieutenants get promoted up front.  That would mean after their promotion tomorrow, they'll start BMOC.  Another class of 50 at the end of the month sounds great.



-- Edited by crap on Monday 4th of June 2018 04:49:15 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

crap wrote:
CappedOut wrote:

Right but remember they get promoted at the end. So I was hoping a new batch would go into BMOC this week, which would give credit to the rumor of end of June promotions clearing out 50 more LTs.


 Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Lieutenants get promoted up front.  That would mean after their promotion tomorrow, they'll start BMOC.  Another class of 50 at the end of the month sounds great.



-- Edited by crap on Monday 4th of June 2018 04:49:15 PM


That's correct, they do. I was talking about the sergeants. They get promoted at the end, so when they start you can get a gauge for when their promotions will be (and we're assuming those promotions will include a batch of LTs).

For awhile I believe the Rumor was the 26th for promotions so I was hoping the sgts would go into bmoc to be finished by that date. That's all, doesn't change much.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Date:

Are the Lts being promoted with the Sgts or do they have time?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 103
Date:

They Lts are getting promoted with the Sgts tomorrow morning

__________________
And still I rise!


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date:

Any new rumors at current bmoc class? Dreamsheets? Size of next class?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Date:

dream sheets today



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

can someone please post the dream sheets when they get them

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Date:

another 50, class starts july 2. Dream sheets not what anyone expected

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

tweezy wrote:

another 50, class starts july 2. Dream sheets not what anyone expected


What do you mean? Not a lot of patrol commands or just different patrol commands than they were expecting? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

46 available commands, and you have to put down top 25. So essentially forced to put down commands from at least 5 boroughs. Rough.



-- Edited by TransitJoe on Saturday 9th of June 2018 12:34:34 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date:

What BN commands were available? When are you guys scheduled to hit your new commands?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:

How long do they give for you to pick commands? Same day? My BMOC didnt have picks so its foreign to me. That sucks that you have to pick from all 5 Boros

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Date:

about 3 minutes

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:

The sad part is...I cant even tell if you're joking.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 141
Date:

lol i'm serious an asian sgt comes from personnel with a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist pulls out a stack , no photos allowed and he gives you maximum 5 minutes

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:

Wow

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Date:

CappedOut wrote:
tweezy wrote:

another 50, class starts july 2. Dream sheets not what anyone expected


What do you mean? Not a lot of patrol commands or just different patrol commands than they were expecting? 


 Not what people were expecting, a lot of commands were pulled because of some dumb reason with all out. Some commands that dont need lts were on it and other commands that need two lts were taken off. Very weird stuff, you would think since we are  first class everything would be available.

 

 



-- Edited by tweezy on Sunday 10th of June 2018 12:27:45 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

tweezy wrote:
CappedOut wrote:
tweezy wrote:

another 50, class starts july 2. Dream sheets not what anyone expected


What do you mean? Not a lot of patrol commands or just different patrol commands than they were expecting? 


 Not what people were expecting, a lot of commands were pulled because of some dumb reason with all out. Some commands that dont need lts were on it and other commands that need two lts were taken off. Very weird stuff, you would think since we are  first class everything would be available.

 

 



-- Edited by tweezy on Sunday 10th of June 2018 12:27:45 AM


Sounds like CO are connected and people in the class with connects are being catered to. Looks better to have a hook place on the available list and go there than it not being there and still go to it lol who cares about how many LTs they actually need theyll eventually fill it with the no hook classes lmao suck but its the job...



-- Edited by Leslie on Sunday 10th of June 2018 01:21:02 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:

Hello. Names checked up to and including 121 for your list as of today.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

johnnybigtime wrote:

Hello. Names checked up to and including 121 for your list as of today.


 Nice !! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is it that they check again ?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date:

johnnybigtime wrote:

Hello. Names checked up to and including 121 for your list as of today.


How many of them were skipped or redflagged? Thx 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 749
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
johnnybigtime wrote:

Hello. Names checked up to and including 121 for your list as of today.


 Nice !! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is it that they check again ?


 The way it works is downtown tells the unit hey we are looking to put in 50 Lts.

So the unit runs the next 75 people on the list, to be safe, for:

Charges, education requirement, confidential iab investigation, etc.

Basically anything that can hold you up.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:

Its looking good for drpapi folks! God help us all....



-- Edited by Theforceisstrongwiththisone on Thursday 14th of June 2018 11:41:03 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 809
Date:

Amen to that



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

Does anyone know if the the dept plans on promoting during the summer? Besides the rumor of June 28 or 29th.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 156
Date:

My personal opinion, I dont see another class going in after the rumored June 29 date. Perhaps in September ........

__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Not for LTs anyway.

To be honest I have no clue why they'd even put in a class of 50 this month. That would put them over the vacancies. Not sure why they wouldn't do a class of 25-30 to put them at zero vacancies instead of over. Above my pay grade though.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 106
Date:

CappedOut wrote:

Not for LTs anyway.

To be honest I have no clue why they'd even put in a class of 50 this month. That would put them over the vacancies. Not sure why they wouldn't do a class of 25-30 to put them at zero vacancies instead of over. Above my pay grade though.


 Theyre probably anticipating a lot on terminal becoming vacancies in the next month. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

RBJ5154 wrote:
CappedOut wrote:

Not for LTs anyway.

To be honest I have no clue why they'd even put in a class of 50 this month. That would put them over the vacancies. Not sure why they wouldn't do a class of 25-30 to put them at zero vacancies instead of over. Above my pay grade though.


 Theyre probably anticipating a lot on terminal becoming vacancies in the next month. 


 That and I think they want to promote ppl yo capt as soon as that list comes out... 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date:

Any idea when current Lt bmoc class is starting at their new commands?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

SRGrook033 wrote:

Any idea when current Lt bmoc class is starting at their new commands?


 July 3rd= 1st day at their new commands



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
SRGrook033 wrote:

Any idea when current Lt bmoc class is starting at their new commands?


 July 3rd= 1st day at their new commands


 July 2nd is their last day of bmoc and our first day! At least as of now



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

Leslie wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
SRGrook033 wrote:

Any idea when current Lt bmoc class is starting at their new commands?


 July 3rd= 1st day at their new commands


 July 2nd is their last day of bmoc and our first day! At least as of now


 You're in that 2nd class Leslie ? Congrats !!!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Did they say when they're getting their commands? Probably that Friday before right?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

CappedOut wrote:

Did they say when they're getting their commands? Probably that Friday before right?


 I believe the day before which is July 2nd



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 406
Date:

Anyone have the list of commands that was on the dream sheet ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
Leslie wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
SRGrook033 wrote:

Any idea when current Lt bmoc class is starting at their new commands?


 July 3rd= 1st day at their new commands


 July 2nd is their last day of bmoc and our first day! At least as of now


 You're in that 2nd class Leslie ? Congrats !!!


 yea sure of it. Thank you! Unless my CPI holds me up but doubt it



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

 



-- Edited by MakeMattersWorse on Saturday 16th of June 2018 07:48:39 PM



-- Edited by MakeMattersWorse on Saturday 16th of June 2018 07:50:53 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

2017Ltxam wrote:

But Im still in the first class


 Why the heck are u still wasting your time on this site?  This site is like that crazy side piece u hit up every few years.  I only come on here every few years when I'm on a new list and waiting to get promoted. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

Shotsfired wrote:

Anyone have the list of commands that was on the dream sheet ?


 100, 101, 103, 113, 10,13,14,17,19,24,25,26,32,33,109,111,114,115, 120, 121, 122, 73, 79, 94 td 4, td 32, td33, psa 1,2,5, 7, every single bronx command  60, 62, 66, 68, 69, 76. 

 

From a friend. Cant confirm 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

Horrible wish list BRONX no one wants it

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 156
Date:

I was told first and second class would have the ****ty picks at first go

__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 400
Date:

crappants wrote:

Horrible wish list BRONX no one wants it


 Lmao Im perfectly content with the bx



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:

No Brooklyn North outside of the 94 wow.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 154
Date:

FranknBeans wrote:

No Brooklyn North outside of the 94 wow.


 Except for the 73 and 79.?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Nyjoe84 wrote:

I was told first and second class would have the ****ty picks at first go


 Why are those bad picks? There's a TON of commands on there to pick from and every patrol borough. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

Exactly, theres a ton of commands. Try to pick 25 and be happy with anything after 15. 



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard