Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Captain Vacancies
E D


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:
RE: Captain Vacancies


I believe it was August

 



__________________
E D


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:

25isthenew20 wrote:
bigfoot45 wrote:

I personally think the next captain promotion will be the end of June.  Mentoring will be early June.  Check back in 6 weeks.  


 When was the first class put in? Do you remember?


 August I believe



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

E D wrote:
25isthenew20 wrote:
bigfoot45 wrote:

I personally think the next captain promotion will be the end of June.  Mentoring will be early June.  Check back in 6 weeks.  


 When was the first class put in? Do you remember?


 August I believe


 Ty E D



__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

As of mid-April, we are over by 21 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 45 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're over by 10, along with 13 on terminal.



-- Edited by 63ASAP on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 03:36:43 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

As of May 2, we are over by 20 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 44 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're over by 9, along with 12 on terminal.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Anyone hearing a small class of 10 for the end of month or early June?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

Havent heard anything yet. I guess its possible. Those recent numbers by 63asap dont reflect the 4 DIs that were promoted last week so theyre only over by 5 captains

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:

Wouldn't mentoring had to have come down?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1067
Date:

Yes, there is a good chance for a small promotion at the end of June.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1067
Date:

RS2323 wrote:

Wouldn't mentoring had to have come down?


 Mentoring would come down in early June 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

Any changes to vacancies 63?

__________________
25isthenew20


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

63ASAP, vacancies?? any news on the next capt class?? Thanks.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

FailedLt2011 wrote:

63ASAP, vacancies?? any news on the next capt class?? Thanks.


 Lt NG stated there is nothing lined up for Cpt this and next month.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

SRGrook033 wrote:
FailedLt2011 wrote:

63ASAP, vacancies?? any news on the next capt class?? Thanks.


 Lt NG stated there is nothing lined up for Cpt this and next month.


 Guess the slow down has begun...



__________________
25isthenew20


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Date:

does any1 have any idea what was the last list # promoted?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

4real wrote:

does any1 have any idea what was the last list # promoted?


 It's on the intranet and in the thread, "Captain's list"



__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

65



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

4real wrote:

does any1 have any idea what was the last list # promoted?


 65



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 487
Date:

25isthenew20 wrote:
SRGrook033 wrote:
FailedLt2011 wrote:

63ASAP, vacancies?? any news on the next capt class?? Thanks.


 Lt NG stated there is nothing lined up for Cpt this and next month.


 Guess the slow down has begun...


 Of course the slowdown has begun. We are lucky if this list cracks 200 before it expires. The vacancies just arent there folks



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
25isthenew20 wrote:
SRGrook033 wrote:
FailedLt2011 wrote:

63ASAP, vacancies?? any news on the next capt class?? Thanks.


 Lt NG stated there is nothing lined up for Cpt this and next month.


 Guess the slow down has begun...


 Of course the slowdown has begun. We are lucky if this list cracks 200 before it expires. The vacancies just arent there folks


 The list isn't even a full year old since the first class was put in and it's already up to 65 so...yea.  No one knows what will happen but vacancies dictate everything.  That being said, the ENTIRE list will get made, it'll just run the entire 4 years.  Patience, patience, tick-tock-tick-tock



__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

Guys there is no slowdown. Historically, Captain promotions only average 60 a year. The first class was put it in August of last year and they have promoted 59 so far (the list is up to 65 because of Passovers). Therefore, the list is right where it is supposed to be. In fact, if they promote 10 at the end of June then that will be 10 more than the average they promote in a year. No one will die on this list, it is right on pace to hit the 266.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

JustWonderin wrote:

Guys there is no slowdown. Historically, Captain promotions only average 60 a year. The first class was put it in August of last year and they have promoted 59 so far (the list is up to 65 because of Passovers). Therefore, the list is right where it is supposed to be. In fact, if they promote 10 at the end of June then that will be 10 more than the average they promote in a year. No one will die on this list, it is right on pace to hit the 266.


 Thanks for the clarification JustWonderin.  Its going to run the 4 years unless there's a mass exodus and everyone will get made.  Sit back and enjoy the ride while you still can would be my $0.02.



-- Edited by 25isthenew20 on Tuesday 21st of May 2019 06:32:35 PM

__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 471
Date:

BroTheforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
25isthenew20 wrote:
SRGrook033 wrote:
FailedLt2011 wrote:

63ASAP, vacancies?? any news on the next capt class?? Thanks.


 Lt NG stated there is nothing lined up for Cpt this and next month.


 Guess the slow down has begun...


 Of course the slowdown has begun. We are lucky if this list cracks 200 before it expires. The vacancies just arent there folks


 Bro, youre such a loser. Shut up.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

Hearing the small class for June is being pushed back to the end of July or August

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1067
Date:

Yes, no captains for June. July or August Now..... probably July Im told.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

Yup. 10-15 is the rumor out of the puzzle palace

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

vacancies?? every time we get close to the expected date the class is pushed back a month or two.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

Any update on vacancies?

__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 408
Date:

JustWonderin wrote:

Yup. 10-15 is the rumor out of the puzzle palace


 I hear 12-15 but still not confirmed just a big tentative. If it does happen youll probably skip out on mentoring as itll be short notice, Im sure no one here would probably mind that lol. Id say chances are 50/50 at this time.  Good luck. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

I hope someone can confirm if there will be a class June 28th, getting close and no mentoring.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

The other link said Monday with promotion on the 28th.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

Hey guys/girls, sorry for the delay. It's been an odd month for me and I've been a little pre-occupied. As of June 17, we are over by 11 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 45 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're over by 2, along with 12 on terminal. Obviously, this does not include tomorrow's promotions.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

As always, thank you. Please update us when you get a chance to reflect the promotions. Thanks

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

As of July 2, we are over by 22 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 53 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're over by 6, along with 17 on terminal.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

Thank you as always. They always seem to promote the number thats on terminal. Maybe well see one of those large classes of 25 in August

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

63ASAP or anyone else, can we get an update on the vacancies please

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

Can anyone provide an update on vacancies/terminal?

__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

C Only
V= -3
T= 17

C through AC
V= -13
T= 50

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

monkeybones wrote:

C Only
V= -3
T= 17

C through AC
V= -13
T= 50


 So 14 vaccines for Capt since terminals count towards vacancies correct?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Date:

DETSGT wrote:
monkeybones wrote:

C Only
V= -3
T= 17

C through AC
V= -13
T= 50


 So 14 vaccines for Capt since terminals count towards vacancies correct?


 Correct



__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

monkeybones wrote:
DETSGT wrote:
monkeybones wrote:

C Only
V= -3
T= 17

C through AC
V= -13
T= 50


 So 14 vaccines for Capt since terminals count towards vacancies correct?


 Correct


 Thnx.  Looks like a loooooong wait ahead of us



-- Edited by 25isthenew20 on Tuesday 13th of August 2019 01:07:09 AM

__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

As of August 16, we are still over by 13 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 50 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're still over by 3, along with 17 on terminal.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

Thanks for the update

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

As of September 3, we are over by 7 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 46 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're at 0 vacancies, along with 15 on terminal.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

63ASAP wrote:

As of September 3, we are over by 7 captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 46 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're at 0 vacancies, along with 15 on terminal.


 Thank you as always 63...loooooooong wait ahead like i said  



__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Date:

Not necessarily a long wait. Look back at all of the prior promotions. They do not go by the vacancies for captain. They go by the terminal numbers. Considering there are 15 captains on terminal there could easily be an upcoming class of 15

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

Hope so...some movement is certainly better than no movement.



__________________
25isthenew20


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

Thats what I meant when I said the vacancies are there. They have been using the terminal numbers .



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 502
Date:

As of October 2, we are at 0 vacancies for captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 45 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're at 2 vacancies, along with 16 on terminal.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:

63ASAP wrote:

As of October 2, we are at 0 vacancies for captains (CPT through Asst. Chief), and an additional 45 are on terminal leave. For captains only, we're at 2 vacancies, along with 16 on terminal.


 Thank you as always 63.  Looks like we will be in a dry spell for a while...



__________________
25isthenew20
«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard