Final Price Drop! Sergeant or Captain Cram! All our questions plus full-length exams for only $199! Also taking orders for the 2023 Lieutenant Exam Only $349 for "Just the Questions" or bundle with The Key's full course for $995 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: A FIGHT IS BEING FORMED..... Violating the National Research Act


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:
RE: A FIGHT IS BEING FORMED..... Violating the National Research Act




this is the adress that goes straight to the person in charge of the test. lets not be lazy guys..grab a piece of paper a stamp and envelope and write to them. be heard!!! mail your appeals and complaints to ------------

EXAM SUPPORT GROUP 1 CENTRE STREET, ROOM 1448 NY NY 10007 (ATT: DIRECTOR)



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:



this is the adress that goes straight to the person in charge of the test. lets not be lazy guys..grab a piece of paper a stamp and envelope and write to them. be heard!!! mail your appeals and complaints to ------------

EXAM SUPPORT GROUP 1 CENTRE STREET, ROOM 1448 NY NY 10007 (ATT: DIRECTOR)



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

kenny wrote:



"The research question is one of the first methodological steps the investigator has to take when undertaking research. THE RESEARCH QUESTION "MUST" BE ACCURATELY AND CLEARLY DEFINED. Choosing a research question is the central element of both quantitative and qualitative research and in some cases it may precede construction of the conceptual framework of study. In all cases, it makes the theoretical assumptions in the framework more explicit, most of all it indicates what the researcher wants to know most and first.
The student or researcher then carries out the research necessary to answer the research question, whether this involves reading secondary sources over a few days for an undergraduate term paper or carrying out primary research over years for a major project.
Once the research is complete and the researcher knows the (probable) answer to the research question, writing can begin. In term papers, the answer to the question is normally given in summary in the introduction in the form of a thesis statement." .......WIKIPEDIA


 Maybe it's best that some of you people don't become sergeants.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1081
Date:

UNBORN... I'me starting to think the same thing.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:

LMFAO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU IDIOTS TALKING ABOUT YOU WERENT LAB RATS



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:

i just want to go on the record and say when i saw what Kenny Posted i dropped my head on the table... and felt very ashamed.. someone should let him know wikipedia is not all factual stuff...



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Wingnut wrote:
kenny wrote:

give up gamblor..if your not worried, upset, furious about the way the test was administered then YOU DONT BELONG HERE!. stop trying to critique people when you have no idea about what your talking about. if you think the test was fair....then stop waisting our time. there are people on these blogs that dont want to read through your posts to get to helpful information.


 First of all he's one of the only people here that doesn't have a horse in this race, thus remaining objective.  Second, he's spent hours of his own time helping you and me out by putting together a massive spreadsheet of answer keys, and giving us all a ballpark of where we stand after the exam.

He's merely pointing out that there is outrage after every single promotional exam.  People demand answers from DCAS, they send letters, file appeals, consult attorneys, and what happens?  An answer key comes out, people get on a list and get promoted.  The people that fail pay another $800 bucks for the classes and take the next one.


 Wingnut I think you are on point here. Where I work we have a few people that failed screaming up and down that the test will be thrown out one Union Rep included. It sucks we all had to rush but it is what it is, and Kenny you seem like a alright kid. Just give it a go again next time, and hit the books a little bit harder. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1081
Date:

bump most entertaining thread for the 2013 sgt exam yet.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:

Gamblor

I am with you word for word on all issues you've posted.


__________________

 

 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:

When the test does not get thrown out and people waste money on attorneys and nothing happens
We can post a thread that says i told you so.

They act like Dcas just opened up and its their first exam

Again sounds like a bunch of know it all citizens hating on cops
(That same mentality - of "i know my rights, you need a warrant to frisk me")



__________________

 

 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

Bump as a comedy Christmas gift to you all.

__________________



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1081
Date:

See Page 1 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

I don't know what I like more, the OP or the Wikipedia Works Sited.

__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 326
Date:

The Wikipedia citation pretty much made my year.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

I knew Sited didn't look right when I typed it. That's what I get for posting at 0600...

Soccer, thanks for subtlely telling me in a f^cking idiot for spelling Cited incorrectly. 

Btw, I'm a huge Newcastle supporter.  Howay the lads!



-- Edited by Wingnut on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 02:12:09 PM

__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 326
Date:

Lol, no worries bro. I didn't even intend it.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

 
  
  


-- Edited by emilchik80 on Thursday 26th of December 2013 05:14:56 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

Wingnut wrote:
kenny wrote:

give up gamblor..if your not worried, upset, furious about the way the test was administered then YOU DONT BELONG HERE!. stop trying to critique people when you have no idea about what your talking about. if you think the test was fair....then stop waisting our time. there are people on these blogs that dont want to read through your posts to get to helpful information.


 First of all he's one of the only people here that doesn't have a horse in this race, thus remaining objective.  Second, he's spent hours of his own time helping you and me out by putting together a massive spreadsheet of answer keys, and giving us all a ballpark of where we stand after the exam.

He's merely pointing out that there is outrage after every single promotional exam.  People demand answers from DCAS, they send letters, file appeals, consult attorneys, and what happens?  An answer key comes out, people get on a list and get promoted.  The people that fail pay another $800 bucks for the classes and take the next one.


Wognut, what you've said, absolutely makes sense, pointed out really good. Great statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Did everyone have their personal record of answers  taken when they were leaving the protest session?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Stop wasting your time a list will be made and that's it stop with the lawsuit crap



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Gotta love it. Every excuse in the book why they didn't pass. Same people who blame everyone else for their problems.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

Bump for the downtime waiting for the 2011 list to end. If you've never seen this post before, please sit down, start from page 1 and enjoy.

__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Date:

I remember reading this a year ago. Absolutely hilarious and pathetic at the same time. The guy actually formed some kind of online petition and I checked it out. Had me laughing my ass off and shaking my head in disbelief. All kinds of people on this job...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

This is hilarious because many other exams outside the little blue world of the NYPD has experimental questions or sections. The LSAT has a whole section (not told which one) that doesn't count. The experimental questions are actually helpful to us all in the future because based on the results of the 'experiment' the questions will be fair and we will probably have less throw outs.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

This again SMH just start studying for the next test drop it!! I've spoke to lawyers that are part of my family and they said they will contact a person they know to see if they can see a problem with this test and how unfair it was. And they all say you have nothing!! Drop this

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

Dresch58 wrote:

This again SMH just start studying for the next test drop it!! I've spoke to lawyers that are part of my family and they said they will contact a person they know to see if they can see a problem with this test and how unfair it was. And they all say you have nothing!! Drop this


Relax champ, I bump it occasionally to mock it.  If you actually read the recent posts you would see that this is the joke of the message board!



__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

Wingnut wrote:
Dresch58 wrote:

This again SMH just start studying for the next test drop it!! I've spoke to lawyers that are part of my family and they said they will contact a person they know to see if they can see a problem with this test and how unfair it was. And they all say you have nothing!! Drop this


Relax champ, I bump it occasionally to mock it.  If you actually read the recent posts you would see that this is the joke of the message board!


 He contacted lawyers lol



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

I didn't contact lawyers I have lawyers in my family that herd of the situation and just acquired about it 🆘🚫💩

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

My translate button didnt work. Not sure what 🆘🚫💩 meant

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 51
Date:

You guys make me laugh. You couldn't finish the test but some guys scored in the 90's. You shouldn't be sgts plain and simple. Its pathetic you will try to sue. It just shows whats wrong with this country in the first place. A group of men whining and crying because they failed. Toughen up ladies.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Well said 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:

Word on the street is the list isn't verified yet. Anything can happen... This test has a good chance of being thrown out due to the research questions with no extra time given. The people that failed deserve another shot...

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

And the posting of nonsense "I heard from a guy" rumors begin.  Look at every past test forum and it starts with the whole test is being thrown out due to rampant cheating, or proctors not giving test takers enough time, or now research questions not being fair.  Then the rumors evolve into "I know a guy at 1pp that said the list is going to be held up for 5 years because of lawsuits".  Finally, the list is officially established and the rumors become "I know a guy in dcas and the pcs office that said the department only wants the cream of the crop so they're only going to promote the first 250 names on the list".



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:

Im afraid this list is in dire straits...no



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 326
Date:

Wingnut stop bumping this s***. I know you and a lot of people find the ignorance here to be funny but I know plenty of others (myself included) just find it annoying. Like this guy saying the certified, published, and public list that DCAS released for our exam isn't "verified" yet. People with ignorance like that just really annoy me and bumping this tragedy of a thread just gives them another soapbox to stand on and spew their s***.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:

Wingnut stop bumping this s***. I know you and a lot of people find the ignorance here to be funny but I know plenty of others (myself included) just find it annoying. Like this guy saying the certified, published, and public list that DCAS released for our exam isn't "verified" yet. People with ignorance like that just really annoy me and bumping this tragedy of a thread just gives them another soapbox to stand on and spew their s***.


 Hahah, don't be a party pooper!  How can you not enjoy people posting about confrencing with lawyer family members?!  I think the "you people shouldn't be sergeants" posts because they read the title and commented without reading any of the replies are My personal favorites. 



__________________

cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:

This is kind of funny but in all I wonder if it could be a discrimination toward the rank of sgt extra questions no extra time but yet captains got extra time and less extra questions. just a thought

 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

Paul Benedict wrote:

Word on the street is the list isn't verified yet. Anything can happen... This test has a good chance of being thrown out due to the research questions with no extra time given. The people that failed deserve another shot...


 They will get another shot. When they announce a new sgt exam. They are not throwing out the list



__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us