RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to subscribe to our mailing list and get info on the next Sgt, Lt. or Captain Exam!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: (4) Fourth Class


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:
(4) Fourth Class


although nothing is confirmed all these inflated numbers are good for us. At minimum we end up with like a 60 person class in my opinion.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

You guys think theyll continue to promote every month for the rest of the year?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:

Promotions have been back to normal (every month ) so expect a minimum of 50-60 . Im waiting to see if they got any numbers today

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:

No numbers yet I asked someone from personnel. I think my by next week we should have some more concrete info

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

This is how this guy gets his info; by asking someone in personnel. SMH!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Zeph wrote:

This is how this guy gets his info; by asking someone in personnel. SMH!!


 he has been on point thus far. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Well, he discredited himself by that statement I asked someone in personnel. Anyone can call personnel and asks for numbers. If they have it, theyll give the info.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:

Listen I asked my person . I just reached out to someone else I know in personnel to see if I get a different answer. You dont have to like what I post. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions . You dont like the info skip what I post.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date:

He was right 3 months in a row. He says 85, what was it 85. I take what he says at face value until otherwise

If its 50-60 at this time then its 50-60 for august

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:

Anyway like I mentioned before once I get any info I will post . Its Friday for those that can enjoy yall weekends . For those working be safe !

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Thank you bro, we appreciate the info!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 975
Date:

Lionel22 is the real deal. I know him personally. He would not be wasting anyones time here with lies or bullshit.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

Lionel22 is the real deal. I know him personally. He would not be wasting anyones time here with lies or bullshit.


 hows the rank so far? its been a year yet?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 975
Date:

skelgel wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:

Lionel22 is the real deal. I know him personally. He would not be wasting anyones time here with lies or bullshit.


 hows the rank so far? its been a year yet?


 Next month will be a year. Its not bad but it does come with its own headaches. There is no more hiding or passing the buck. You will be held responsible for not only yourself but everyone under you. You will have good cops and bad cops. A lesson learned is taking care of the issues up front because they snowball into something bigger if not handled immediately. Time management will be a priority, I suggest handling all assignments as soon as possible. The emails never end with the department re-inventing the wheel and we the Sgts are held accountable for everything. I have a great CO so my year as a Sgt has been good.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
skelgel wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:

Lionel22 is the real deal. I know him personally. He would not be wasting anyones time here with lies or bullshit.


 hows the rank so far? its been a year yet?


 Next month will be a year. Its not bad but it does come with its own headaches. There is no more hiding or passing the buck. You will be held responsible for not only yourself but everyone under you. You will have good cops and bad cops. A lesson learned is taking care of the issues up front because they snowball into something bigger if not handled immediately. Time management will be a priority, I suggest handling all assignments as soon as possible. The emails never end with the department re-inventing the wheel and we the Sgts are held accountable for everything. I have a great CO so my year as a Sgt has been good.


 thanks for that! I hear 311 are the new flavor of the year.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 975
Date:

skelgel wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:
skelgel wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:

Lionel22 is the real deal. I know him personally. He would not be wasting anyones time here with lies or bullshit.


 hows the rank so far? its been a year yet?


 Next month will be a year. Its not bad but it does come with its own headaches. There is no more hiding or passing the buck. You will be held responsible for not only yourself but everyone under you. You will have good cops and bad cops. A lesson learned is taking care of the issues up front because they snowball into something bigger if not handled immediately. Time management will be a priority, I suggest handling all assignments as soon as possible. The emails never end with the department re-inventing the wheel and we the Sgts are held accountable for everything. I have a great CO so my year as a Sgt has been good.


 thanks for that! I hear 311 are the new flavor of the year.


 311s, Glas, Gla Alarms, Robberies, Burgs, 10-11s.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Any new rumblings on the number of Sgts to be promoted this upcoming class?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

i think by wednesday the latest the numbers will start to make their rounds. hopefully they are official and not two day notice like last class for those being promoted in august.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

skelgel wrote:

i think by wednesday the latest the numbers will start to make their rounds. hopefully they are official and not two day notice like last class for those being promoted in august.


 Anything can happen man lol. I just hope its a large class, to keep the momentum going. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

damn I just heard a not too good rumor lol. Supposedly this class might get pushed back to first week of september in order to wait for the new regime to be in settled in their new spots. I hope this is wrong

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

skelgel wrote:

damn I just heard a not too good rumor lol. Supposedly this class might get pushed back to first week of september in order to wait for the new regime to be in settled in their new spots. I hope this is wrong


Oh no lol. Hopefully not man. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date:

Idk if I believe that. Last promotion, the PC just got there. If there was one to skip it would be that one. Plus, the promotional unit has the 25th blocked off in their calendar. Of course anything can change. We shall see

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Gutiee522 wrote:

Idk if I believe that. Last promotion, the PC just got there. If there was one to skip it would be that one. Plus, the promotional unit has the 25th blocked off in their calendar. Of course anything can change. We shall see


 Hopefully man



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Gutiee522 wrote:

Idk if I believe that. Last promotion, the PC just got there. If there was one to skip it would be that one. Plus, the promotional unit has the 25th blocked off in their calendar. Of course anything can change. We shall see


 I swear this was my exact argument. I just wanted to see if anyone else heard this.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date:

All future sgts are in a great spot (until a year or so from now). All the sgts in my command say its terrible, theyre extremely short, and they say people are even vesting out or retiring early bc its that bad. I cant imagine them skipping any classes until they bring the rank up to speed a little bit

But with this job you never know

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

tomSGT2022 wrote:

All future sgts are in a great spot (until a year or so from now). All the sgts in my command say its terrible, theyre extremely short, and they say people are even vesting out or retiring early bc its that bad. I cant imagine them skipping any classes until they bring the rank up to speed a little bit

But with this job you never know


 cant wait to be that miserable! 

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date:

Yes we will get to be a different type of miserable , but anything is better than PO

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 389
Date:

tomSGT2022 wrote:

Yes we will get to be a different type of miserable , but anything is better than PO


 Facts



__________________
Ak


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Date:

It's nice to have the freedom to do things how you want. But it definitely sucks to have all the pressure on you. Overall better.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

Dont expect sgt to be great right off the bat. Time in rank helps a lot, and having a good CO is the biggest factor. Id honestly pick commands based on how good a CO is ahead of everything else. Its not bad, but its way better than being a PO.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 625
Date:

I was in the 4th class of my sergeant list. The future is yoursalways remember the 9 heroes

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date:

Just heard 85 sgts on the 25th from a Lionel worthy source. Lol

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

the dude that originally said first week of sept, rescinded and is now saying aug 25 too. No numbers yet though

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:

Gutiee522 wrote:

Just heard 85 sgts on the 25th from a Lionel worthy source. Lol


 In Lionel we trust 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Date:

COs are not there forever. If you are lucky enough to choose a command I recommend looking at your commute, amount of OT available, slow/busy and other factors that dont change overnight.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Commute and over time is very important in my opinion lol. Ill deal with the rest, bosses come and go lol.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

things are going slow this month lol. someone say something ridiculous, anything!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

My boy DRpapi has neglected the Sgt threads lol. Havent seen him in a while on here lol.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 975
Date:

Papi825 wrote:

My boy DRpapi has neglected the Sgt threads lol. Havent seen him in a while on here lol.


 Hes been neglecting the Lts also. Ive only seen him post on the Captains threads.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Lol

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

well boys and girls its looking like back to back two day notice. not even the great lionel heard anything yet.



-- Edited by skelgel on Friday 18th of August 2023 01:48:59 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 273
Date:

2-3 days has always been the norm just FYI

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date:

Lionel on the air?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 206
Date:

Haha whats up guys . Been laying low enjoying the little summer thats left . Less than 100 might be the same numbers I believe by tomorrow Ill have a solid number or numbers if Caps are getting promoted

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date:

Bro i would take 50 the week before jouvert and west indian day parade

Even 80 this time a year in back to back months is so good. The job might actually be serious about promoting this entire list

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Lionel22 wrote:

Haha whats up guys . Been laying low enjoying the little summer thats left . Less than 100 might be the same numbers I believe by tomorrow Ill have a solid number or numbers if Caps are getting promoted


 thanks bro! that will be the most important post of the day lol



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 389
Date:

tomSGT2022 wrote:

Bro i would take 50 the week before jouvert and west indian day parade

Even 80 this time a year in back to back months is so good. The job might actually be serious about promoting this entire list


 Facts!



__________________
Ak


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:

In Lionel we trust. Thanks for the info bro!!!!!



__________________

Day 1 Sgt



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:

In Lionel we trust. thanks for the update!!



__________________

Day 1 Sgt



THE KEY—Instructor

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:

85 Sgt's
1 Lt
Are the numbers as of this morning.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us