It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Establishment of list


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 221
Date:
Establishment of list


The 2017 Captain test was the first one given on the computer and it still took 7 months to establish a list.  With the current Captain list finished, does DCAS care enough to establish the list sooner?  Does the Department have any say in the matter?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:

Depends on whos left to take the exam

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

Id imagine its still going to take months. Mainly because you have make up test takers and the protest period. That alone is likely to take several months. Add on calculating seniority, medals and jst..now imagine all of this being done by DCAS and the nypd and I think you have your answer.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

DCAS could care less the current list is exhausted. Its still 6-9 months away.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

They should sit on it for a year. No vacancies plus the rank is young. It's for the best.

__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

Coach did like to sit out a year or two before his next job (jets, pats, cowboys).

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 221
Date:

Chew11 wrote:

Id imagine its still going to take months. Mainly because you have make up test takers and the protest period. That alone is likely to take several months. Add on calculating seniority, medals and jst..now imagine all of this being done by DCAS and the nypd and I think you have your answer.


 I agree it will take a few months but I dont think the make up testers will have much affect.  If people are legitimately on military leave, theyre not going to hold up establishing a list for them.  Theyll just add them to it when they pass.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

Right, and when the Mayor gets involved as he clearly is with this job, all it takes is his phone call to speed anything up. 

anything is possible. 6-9 is reasonable. Faster? If their told to, it will be sooner. 

every captains exam has has a drastic increase in total passed. 


pattern? 

13 capt exam = 63 passed

14 capt exam = 118 passed

18 capt exam = 266 passed 

22 capt exam = ? 

 

pattern? 

11 Lt exam = 661 passed

15 Lt exam = 372 passed

17 Lt exam = 1,335 passed

23 Lt exam = ? 

 

pattern? 

11 Sgt. exam = 1,663

13 Sgt. exam = 965?

17 Sgt. exam = 2,688

22 Sgt  exam = ? 

is there a shift for larger lists by legally curving on *mistakes* from exams? 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 02:44:31 AM

__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

Theres a rumor this is the largest Captains list in history with 300+ passers.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

Lol I have no idea how thats possible after taking that but nothing would surprise me

__________________
90z


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

Theres a rumor this is the largest Captains list in history with 300+ passers.


 

There an actual source to that, or just a message board rumor?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Date:

I dont see how thats possible but we shall see. 90% of the people I have spoken to failed the exam. And they didnt just fail they got like a 61. Poll your place of work and theres no way its 300+

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

Theres a rumor this is the largest Captains list in history with 300+ passers.


 That's brutal if true. This test was hard and I passed by the skin of my nuts. Couldn't have been too hard if the list is allegedly that big.



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

Coach we need to get back to basics and establish the run.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:

Right, and when the Mayor gets involved as he clearly is with this job, all it takes is his phone call to speed anything up. 

anything is possible. 6-9 is reasonable. Faster? If their told to, it will be sooner. 

every captains exam has has a drastic increase in total passed. 


pattern? 

13 capt exam = 63 passed

14 capt exam = 118 passed

18 capt exam = 266 passed 

22 capt exam = ? 

 

is there a shift for larger lists by legally curving on *mistakes* from exams? 

 

-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 02:44:31 AM


2010 capt exam = 129 passed

 

 

 

 



__________________

ALL NYPD EXAMS(SGT/LT/CAPT)COMPLETED!!!



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

It is best for everyone who passed that the list not be established for 6-9 months. There are no vacancies at the moment.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

Hitthebook wrote:

It is best for everyone who passed that the list not be established for 6-9 months. There are no vacancies at the moment.


 6-9 months is about the average time for a list to be established. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

I agree minimum of 6 months to 9-10 months and there are a ton of new captains. They dont need a ton of new captains like they did. It ll be very slow this list. COVID gave a lot of opportunity to those who woulda never been promoted but it ll severely bottleneck promotions from here on out.



-- Edited by SonsOfXavier1997 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 05:28:35 PM

__________________

The Son Of Xavier has spoken.



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

How long do you think it gonna take for the sergeant list to be established?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

I agree minimum of 6 months to 9-10 months and there are a ton of new captains. They dont need a ton of new captains like they did. It ll be very slow this list. COVID gave a lot of opportunity to those who woulda never been promoted but it ll severely bottleneck promotions from here on out.



-- Edited by SonsOfXavier1997 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 05:28:35 PM


 During the 70 minimum passing score era, they've held the list release for about a year. They waited a year to release the 2013 Sgt list. I selfishly hope they wait a year for us too. Open up vacancies and give everyone a great chance at being promoted.



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

Team first coach.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

Chew11 wrote:

Team first coach.


 We have people here that dont want to protest and people that dont want the list released quickly. Theres no I in team. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Bill Parcells wrote:
SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

I agree minimum of 6 months to 9-10 months and there are a ton of new captains. They dont need a ton of new captains like they did. It ll be very slow this list. COVID gave a lot of opportunity to those who woulda never been promoted but it ll severely bottleneck promotions from here on out.



-- Edited by SonsOfXavier1997 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 05:28:35 PM


 During the 70 minimum passing score era, they've held the list release for about a year. They waited a year to release the 2013 Sgt list. I selfishly hope they wait a year for us too. Open up vacancies and give everyone a great chance at being promoted.


 Not gonna happen. 
1st class will hit bmoc this year



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

ullage amount wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

I agree minimum of 6 months to 9-10 months and there are a ton of new captains. They dont need a ton of new captains like they did. It ll be very slow this list. COVID gave a lot of opportunity to those who woulda never been promoted but it ll severely bottleneck promotions from here on out.



-- Edited by SonsOfXavier1997 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 05:28:35 PM


 During the 70 minimum passing score era, they've held the list release for about a year. They waited a year to release the 2013 Sgt list. I selfishly hope they wait a year for us too. Open up vacancies and give everyone a great chance at being promoted.


 Not gonna happen. 
1st class will hit bmoc this year


 Average list release has historically been 6 months. No Chance first class goes in by end of this year. Youre delusional 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Bill Parcells wrote:
ullage amount wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

I agree minimum of 6 months to 9-10 months and there are a ton of new captains. They dont need a ton of new captains like they did. It ll be very slow this list. COVID gave a lot of opportunity to those who woulda never been promoted but it ll severely bottleneck promotions from here on out.



-- Edited by SonsOfXavier1997 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 05:28:35 PM


 During the 70 minimum passing score era, they've held the list release for about a year. They waited a year to release the 2013 Sgt list. I selfishly hope they wait a year for us too. Open up vacancies and give everyone a great chance at being promoted.


 Not gonna happen. 
1st class will hit bmoc this year


 Average list release has historically been 6 months. No Chance first class goes in by end of this year. Youre delusional 


 Use your common sense, coach. 
in the past they had promoted from active previous lists while current list was getting established(throw-outs, lawsuits etc) 

2017 list is done. they need cpts. Not that many, but do need them. first class this year. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

ullage amount wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
ullage amount wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

I agree minimum of 6 months to 9-10 months and there are a ton of new captains. They dont need a ton of new captains like they did. It ll be very slow this list. COVID gave a lot of opportunity to those who woulda never been promoted but it ll severely bottleneck promotions from here on out.



-- Edited by SonsOfXavier1997 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2022 05:28:35 PM


 During the 70 minimum passing score era, they've held the list release for about a year. They waited a year to release the 2013 Sgt list. I selfishly hope they wait a year for us too. Open up vacancies and give everyone a great chance at being promoted.


 Not gonna happen. 
1st class will hit bmoc this year


 Average list release has historically been 6 months. No Chance first class goes in by end of this year. Youre delusional 


 Use your common sense, coach. 
in the past they had promoted from active previous lists while current list was getting established(throw-outs, lawsuits etc) 

2017 list is done. they need cpts. Not that many, but do need them. first class this year. 


 I agree. First class by end of year!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us