It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: List size


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:
List size


Hearing 125 passed



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

Honestly seems low. Legit source? Im interested to see if they respond to foil request.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

Nypdnypd3100 wrote:

Honestly seems low. Legit source? Im interested to see if they respond to foil request.


 I agree. Seems just about right and sad its very low but with a 4 months official notice + ridiculous procedures tested when statistically due to time constraints you would focus on meat and potatoes of the PG/AG, i think that sounds just about right. 

i submitted the foil so lets see if or how they reply.



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Thursday 18th of August 2022 05:54:39 PM

__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

125 put of 800? I dont think its that low. I say around low 200s. Magically 20 people will pass the makeup exams too.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 623
Date:

20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


I believe it...most people know more that failed than passed. I know people that studied hard for 5 months and failed. This is also before the makeup exam cheaters and the throwouts add another 50 to 75 to the list.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

That seems similar to a couple of the lists before the last one. The last one was abnormally large.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

I think this number is on the money,.....make up will augment list size ,.....

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 465
Date:

Would not be surprised

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

FOIL Returned - Negative on stats even though people claiming they have #s.

OMAP & FOIL responses of facts regarding the exam have been debunked. 



Attachments
__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

Any idea on how many still need to take it?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:

Any idea on how many still need to take it?


 800 signed up. Whats the percentage that is usually the make up? 10%? 5%?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 465
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

I think this number is on the money,.....make up will augment list size ,.....


 Dont think anyones going to confirm anything until the final list comes out unfortunately. I would say about 200 give or take



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 465
Date:

All that really matters for those that scored 80 and above is whether its top-heavy or bottom heavy. Sounds like it is bottom heavy unfortunately



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

What - DATE - are we on here - agreeing to in order to talk about the exam - for Protest Reasons?

We need need to communicate any legit issues with any Questions. 

When are these make-up exams?

usually the protest sessions are 2-3 months after the exam if I remember correctly. 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Thursday 18th of August 2022 09:46:14 PM

__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Date:

20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

Thats a 15.7 percent pass ratewoof

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 465
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:

What - DATE - are we on here - agreeing to in order to talk about the exam - for Protest Reasons?

We need need to communicate any legit issues with any Questions. 

When are these make-up exams?

usually the protest sessions are 2-3 months after the exam if I remember correctly. 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Thursday 18th of August 2022 08:20:13 PM


 Is say a month just a guess. Who knows the covid scam could be a 2 time thing. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Thats nuts if true but that still sounds unrealistic. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Thats nuts if true but that still sounds unrealistic. 


 I'm hearing the same,.......plus Captains lists usually don't have throw outs or doubles,...remember, DCAS doesn't have to abide by the recommendations submitted to them. Job wants a list. They want candidates. Let's see how this unfolds............



-- Edited by DRPapi1983 on Thursday 18th of August 2022 10:00:23 PM

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 623
Date:

ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Holy sh*t! I don't feel bad about my 71 now. If this isn't indicative of a bad test, I don't know what is.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

@ DRpp the Job wants the most qualified candidate? LMAO 

have any friends in CAD or the Academy? 

1.5 mile run is tossed, you can be on 2 psych meds Maximum, and have baby daddies with full blown gang member history and be collard a couple times to fill a seat. 

most qualified should never be typed when referring to this jobs standards or discretionary Promotional Selection Process. 

Since what year has this job operated on most qualified.

Edit that sentence from your post since you above all know the ships been sinking. 



__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:

@ DRpp the Job wants the most qualified candidate? LMAO 

have any friends in CAD or the Academy? 

1.5 mile run is tossed, you can be on 2 psych meds Maximum, and have baby daddies with full blown gang member history and be collard a couple times to fill a seat. 

most qualified should never be typed when referring to this jobs standards or discretionary Promotional Selection Process. 

Since what year has this job operated on most qualified.

Edit that sentence from your post since you above all know the ships been sinking. 


 Lmaaaaoooooooo YOU'RE RIGHT AND I WILL,......I should know better. Thanks for correcting me 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

Probably no more then 150 with another exam in 2-3 years.......

__________________

The Son Of Xavier has spoken.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 568
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

125 put of 800? I dont think its that low. I say around low 200s. Magically 20 people will pass the makeup exams too.


 20? Lol im hearing 80 people didnt show up and are scheduled for the make up exam. Plus you have the people who went on extended leave before the exam. All in all I will say there are about 100 scammers who will be taking the makeup exam. Everyone beware not to post any exam questions on this site!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

125 put of 800? I dont think its that low. I say around low 200s. Magically 20 people will pass the makeup exams too.


 20? Lol im hearing 80 people didnt show up and are scheduled for the make up exam. Plus you have the people who went on extended leave before the exam. All in all I will say there are about 100 scammers who will be taking the makeup exam. Everyone beware not to post any exam questions on this site!


 I agree! Please DO NOT be foolish! You guys/gals studied your ASSES off for this exam. People that didnt make the cut should fight for themselves. But AGAIN, if you feel that STRONG about protest, well,by all means ,just dont complain when you get LEAPFROGGED!!!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Regardless of what anyone says that was not an easy exam overall. The ground ball questions were so easy it was ridiculous but the admin guide sections they went to and the patrol guide questions that they did go to were not anywhere near the Galaxy of what an executive on this job needs to know. Best of luck to all that passed hopefully the scammers, cheaters dont dilute this exam further.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1386
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Thats nuts if true but that still sounds unrealistic. 


 It's not true.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

wereinbacklog wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Thats nuts if true but that still sounds unrealistic. 


 It's not true.  


 So how many passers? Whats the latest news?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1386
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
wereinbacklog wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Thats nuts if true but that still sounds unrealistic. 


 It's not true.  


 So how many passers? Whats the latest news?


 Over 200



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

wereinbacklog wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
wereinbacklog wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
ajvic21 wrote:
20n0ut wrote:

Hearing 125 passed


 I heard 114 out of 725 who sat


 Thats nuts if true but that still sounds unrealistic. 


 It's not true.  


 So how many passers? Whats the latest news?


 Over 200


Wow, according to you over  200 plus the make ups we are looking at about 300. Biggest Captains list in history .



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

I spoke to someone who said the list is bigger than the last one. The rumors so far are 115-300 lol.



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Saturday 20th of August 2022 01:57:52 AM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

Downtown is saying 820 people passed 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

Everyone won't get made.

The end is near, good to luck to all!

__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

I spoke to someone who said the list is bigger than the last one. The rumors so far are 115-300 lol.



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Saturday 20th of August 2022 01:57:52 AM


 Then everyone will not get made 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 623
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

I spoke to someone who said the list is bigger than the last one. The rumors so far are 115-300 lol.



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Saturday 20th of August 2022 01:57:52 AM


LMAO that's a pretty wide spread. No way 300 people passed this exam. My guess still stands at 150-200.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

Over 200 would be close to 30% pass rate. And after hearing how people
Who studied extremely hard for this test, still failed. That doesnt see like a reliable number. Dont believe anything til its official.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

Honestly I cannot breathe the sh*t that some of you believe and repost lol. This job is a phenomenon. You could make up the dumbest fu*king thing but end the sentence with "talked with someone in the know" and some of yall believe it lol. The amount of "Theyre saying only 114 passed" I heard this week is comical. Listen..... please..... unwrap the foil from your head. There is no list yet, none, no predetermined amount passed info....Zero none. Nobody knows shit. They're doing fugazi shit with the numbers to get the appropriate lost number they want based on attrition, vacancies and new units. It could be 114....200....220...300 nobody knows. So please, go enjoy the last few weeks of summer and stop believing every dumbass rumor. However please do not stop making those "Breaking news" messages I LOVE those.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

InsideGuy wrote:

Honestly I cannot breathe the sh*t that some of you believe and repost lol. This job is a phenomenon. You could make up the dumbest fu*king thing but end the sentence with "talked with someone in the know" and some of yall believe it lol. The amount of "Theyre saying only 114 passed" I heard this week is comical. Listen..... please..... unwrap the foil from your head. There is no list yet, none, no predetermined amount passed info....Zero none. Nobody knows shit. They're doing fugazi shit with the numbers to get the appropriate lost number they want based on attrition, vacancies and new units. It could be 114....200....220...300 nobody knows. So please, go enjoy the last few weeks of summer and stop believing every dumbass rumor. However please do not stop making those "Breaking news" messages I LOVE those.


 Yeah those breaking news chains are quite comical and entertaining. I liked the one that said the city agreed to give cops a 5% raise every year for 5 years. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1386
Date:

InsideGuy wrote:

Honestly I cannot breathe the sh*t that some of you believe and repost lol. This job is a phenomenon. You could make up the dumbest fu*king thing but end the sentence with "talked with someone in the know" and some of yall believe it lol. The amount of "Theyre saying only 114 passed" I heard this week is comical. Listen..... please..... unwrap the foil from your head. There is no list yet, none, no predetermined amount passed info....Zero none. Nobody knows shit. They're doing fugazi shit with the numbers to get the appropriate lost number they want based on attrition, vacancies and new units. It could be 114....200....220...300 nobody knows. So please, go enjoy the last few weeks of summer and stop believing every dumbass rumor. However please do not stop making those "Breaking news" messages I LOVE those.


 Take a chill pill some people are in the know.  200+ passed before adjustments.  I don't post just to post.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

wereinbacklog wrote:
InsideGuy wrote:

Honestly I cannot breathe the sh*t that some of you believe and repost lol. This job is a phenomenon. You could make up the dumbest fu*king thing but end the sentence with "talked with someone in the know" and some of yall believe it lol. The amount of "Theyre saying only 114 passed" I heard this week is comical. Listen..... please..... unwrap the foil from your head. There is no list yet, none, no predetermined amount passed info....Zero none. Nobody knows shit. They're doing fugazi shit with the numbers to get the appropriate lost number they want based on attrition, vacancies and new units. It could be 114....200....220...300 nobody knows. So please, go enjoy the last few weeks of summer and stop believing every dumbass rumor. However please do not stop making those "Breaking news" messages I LOVE those.


 Take a chill pill some people are in the know.  200+ passed before adjustments.  I don't post just to post.  


 After the make up test takers have a 80% pass rate then anyone in the low 70s will die on the list. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

No one is dying on any list Bacon. 
stop with the fake news Nancy Pelosi.

I feel like im in the Sergeants Room with these noob comments. 

everyone loves screaming people dying on lists. 

youre in the other room wondering how much a captain gets paid.

that explains it all. 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 20th of August 2022 05:15:36 PM

__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 568
Date:

JDMEVO9 wrote:

No one is dying on any list Bacon. 
stop with the fake news Nancy Pelosi.

I feel like im in the Sergeants Room with these noob comments. 

everyone loves screaming people dying on lists. 

youre in the other room wondering how much a captain gets paid.

that explains it all. 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 20th of August 2022 05:15:36 PM


 Bacon is right. If you are over list number 200, you might die on the list. The job only promotes 47 lt to capt a year. And the list will only be good for four years. You do the math!



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date:

Starwars- In the other thread youre rallying people to go to the protest to increase the list size. Now youre admitting that above 200 the list will die? Hmmm

Here are the facts for those that scored in the 70s. Youre not helping yourself going to the protest session. Better to be at list #114 than #175 when they promote 10-15 a quarter. 2/3 of the last list havent reached top pay. half the executives on this job have less than 20 years maybe more. All that Info is available on dept computer. Dont listen to guys on this forum that dont pay your bills. They are manipulating you. If they are heroes then tell them if they passed to defer their promotion to the end. 

If you got a 69 it sucks. It really does. Please fight for yourself. We didnt write the exam. Its your fight. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

You can only protest questions you got wrong!

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date:

A 70 trying to make a 71 is not helping himself. 69 can leap him with seniority. Executive retirements are going to slow. a lot of young bosses. No way 249 are being picked up in 4 years. Covid is over. Protests are quiet. We are probably in a recession. its not fucked up to say. All these heroes should defer their promotion. They sound like AOC. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 256
Date:

some of you guys are rocks from 2001 when Nickleback was being played on the radio. 

clearly you have not been paying attention to all ranks, all promotional exams.

stop making assumptions based on your common sense math. 

this job does not operate on common sense. 

we have a 2,677 2017 (pre-covid created list) covid may have extended it but covid did not create it!

is 2,677 large sgt list normal? Everyone swore on their mother it would be cut. It wasnt. 

We had a 2013 Sgt exam with 30 extra questions all that did count after question 100. Was that predictable? 
did you see that coming based past on history?

did you predict the 100 Lts who got promoted in November of 2020 and ANOTHER 100 Lts in December (1 Month Later). 

did you predict the majority of people would score somewhere in the 70s range In this 2022 capt exam?

did you predict 2013 sgts who scored in the 70s would get a 45k retro and reach top pay approximately 9 months sooner than every other sergeant who scored Higher than them?

what did you predict precisely? Make them known very clearly to build credibility. 

where do your facts of precisely how you know the exact 2022 captains list size, and regardless of the total # of passers how are you flawlessly certain it must & it will get cut? 


based on previous exam history right? stop it. dont talk to me about lists getting cut when a test was given sometimes every year or every other year 16 years ago.

this is about the current evidence of recent exams, the current shortage, the lack of hires, and the need to fill bodies into all ranks of captain AND ABOVE. The exodus, the covid personnel of all ranks who will prob be asked to leave soon. The job needs to get bodies and this has been favorable for many. Including executives getting bumped up in spots they never thought they reach in a shorter time span. 

the current predictive schedule is there is None. The job is doing weird $hitt. 

Claiming they will cut a list because theres an avg of 45-60 captains doesnt mean anything. They will do what they need to do based on their Vision and Budget of the department, which none of us here know exactly What each years future holds. 

so everyone needs to stop spreading fake nonsense of a list to an exam which we know nothing of getting cut based on no information.

Or

articulate what your trying to say more clearly. 

 

 

 



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 20th of August 2022 08:04:16 PM

__________________

When-You-See-The-First-Question.jpg 

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

Richmond121 wrote:

A 70 trying to make a 71 is not helping himself. 69 can leap him with seniority. Executive retirements are going to slow. a lot of young bosses. No way 249 are being picked up in 4 years. Covid is over. Protests are quiet. We are probably in a recession. its not fucked up to say. All these heroes should defer their promotion. They sound like AOC. 


 I still think list will be under 200,..depends on how things go moving forward,.dont see a lot of throwouts,.its a Captains list! Next one in two years,..start reading now.



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

They NEVER cut Captain exams. Never. As in history. People in here have no inside intel. Zip.

__________________

The Son Of Xavier has spoken.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 965
Date:

SonsOfXavier1997 wrote:

 They NEVER cut Captain exams. Never. As in history. People in here have no inside intel. Zip.


 easy killah,I wouldnt say all that. I agree. Those who passed WILL get promoted. Those hanging by a thread (69 or below) will have to take  the exam in another 2 years



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1082
Date:

Wereinbacklog is an old timer on here if he says its over 200, its over 200.  There are a few of us that know what we are talking about. 



__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us