FINAL PRICE DROP!!! 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $199! Yes, $150 off!--only $199 for all our questions plus 4 full-length exams! Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Captain/ Executive Vacancies


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Date:
Captain/ Executive Vacancies


Anyone knows the current number of open vacancies for Captains and above ?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

Vacancies as of 8/17/22

Captain -2 (24 on terminal)

D.I. 27 (17 on terminal)

Insp 4 (23 on terminal)

DC -12 (9 on terminal)

AC 9 (0 on terminal)

3 Star -4 (0 on terminal)

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:

So just to be clear because Im a little slow.

-2 captains meant a they are plus 2?
27 DIs means they are short 27?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 188
Date:

shwangtwang wrote:

So just to be clear because Im a little slow.

-2 captains meant a they are plus 2?
27 DIs means they are short 27?


 Same here lol



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

shwangtwang wrote:

So just to be clear because Im a little slow.

-2 captains meant a they are plus 2?
27 DIs means they are short 27?


 Yes correct. 

 

The negative number means that they are over the allotted amount by that number

The positive number is how many vacancies there are



-- Edited by RookieScum4Life on Thursday 18th of August 2022 05:51:37 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:

Thanks Rook

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Date:

The vacancies will be there whenever they decide to promote those 27 DIs.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

Do executive terminal leaves count for vacancies?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 667
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

Do executive terminal leaves count for vacancies?

 

Yes! So essentially we're at 22 vacancies with the terminal numbers.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

Do executive terminal leaves count for vacancies?

 

Yes! So essentially we're at 22 vacancies with the terminal numbers.


 /high fives!



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

RookieScum4Life - If it's not asking too much, do you think it's possible to get monthly updates regarding vacancies.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

As of 9/28/22

Sergeant 443

Lieutenant 108

Captain 5 (24 on Terminal)

Deputy Inspector 29 (18 on Terminal)

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 667
Date:

Subtract one from the terminal number. The worst Captain in the history of the NYPD is making his return. Captain Vucinaj is coming back.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

PD2FD wrote:

Subtract one from the terminal number. The worst Captain in the history of the NYPD is making his return. Captain Vucinaj is coming back.


 He realized he couldnt bully people outside of this job. 



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Friday 30th of September 2022 02:19:21 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1423
Date:

That guy is a real clown for coming back. make sure he doesnt bully you guys. He will now be your peer!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Capt Vacancy- 12

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 667
Date:

Richmond121 wrote:
Capt Vacancy- 12
 
We need the terminal number too, that's where you get most of the vacancies from (unless it's the loser Vucinaj)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 577
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
Richmond121 wrote:
Capt Vacancy- 12
 
We need the terminal number too, that's where you get most of the vacancies from (unless it's the loser Vucinaj)
 
 
  agreed and I think that number was much larger. Can any one confirm?
 
 
 
 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

By the time the list comes out in late jan/ feb there will be about 30 or so capt vacancies. The job only promotes about 47 a year.

Redemption is near brothers and sisters9 heroes forever!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

As of 11/26/22

Sergeant 463

Lieutenant 48

Captain 27 (21 on Terminal)

Deputy Inspector 35 (15 on Terminal)

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:

As of 11/26/22

Sergeant 463

Lieutenant 48

Captain 27 (21 on Terminal)

Deputy Inspector 35 (15 on Terminal)


 Thats a lot of Sergeant vacancies smh



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1423
Date:

Lt Carra wrote:
RookieScum4Life wrote:

As of 11/26/22

Sergeant 463

Lieutenant 48

Captain 27 (21 on Terminal)

Deputy Inspector 35 (15 on Terminal)


 Thats a lot of Sergeant vacancies smh


 Thanks for the info.yeah man smh



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Online
Posts: 116
Date:

Historically speaking, how many Sergeant vacancies does the job usually have on average? Is 463 very high compared to what it usually has been over the past number of years?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

countryroads wrote:

Historically speaking, how many Sergeant vacancies does the job usually have on average? Is 463 very high compared to what it usually has been over the past number of years?


 Thats insanely high. Its never usually like that. Thats why cop and sergeant vacancies arent even accurate as we will probably never get to those levels again. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

Hearing reports of a shakeup at 1pp with the big bosses. Confirmed? Guessing there will be more executive vacancies?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Hearing reports of a shakeup at 1pp with the big bosses. Confirmed? Guessing there will be more executive vacancies?


 Yeah new COD.  Moving just one super chief always changes a lot.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 577
Date:

3yrWonder wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Hearing reports of a shakeup at 1pp with the big bosses. Confirmed? Guessing there will be more executive vacancies?


 Yeah new COD.  Moving just one super chief always changes a lot.  


 Hearing more changes changes for COD, COP, Chief of Det and Chief of Transit



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

There will be a bunch of moves, but I don't think it will impact captain vacancies really.

By the time they promote the two star to fill the three star spot, then the one star to fill the two star, then the insp to fill the one star, then the di to fill the insp, then finally the captain to fill the DI spot will create one vacancy. And not to mention they're usually over in allotted spots for chiefs, so it probably means even less.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

RookieScum4Life: Can you please provide us with an updated vacancies count? Thank you in advance. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

31

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

21 captains on terminal
DI terminal 12
Insp terminal 19
Deputy Chief terminal 12

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 667
Date:

So 52 Captain slots between both vacancies & terminal.

DI's have 30 or so vacancies and 12 on terminal.

So it would make sense for them to promote two big classes back-to-back, IF, they decide to promote a bunch of Captains to DI within these next few months.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

Vacancies as of 1/14/23

Sergeant 459

Lieutenant 22

Captain 33 (21 on terminal)

DI 31 (14 on terminal)

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:

Vacancies as of 1/14/23

Sergeant 459

Lieutenant 22

Captain 33 (21 on terminal)

DI 31 (14 on terminal)


 Wow small Lt vacancies. Thanks. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:

As many have said over and over again, this is a large list and theres a possibility that not everyone will make it. However, if we break down the positions that are filled by Captains on this job there are 698.00 positions that must be filled by someone with the civil service title of captain. We always focus on the Captain slots that are opened, however these other positions are also filled by Captains and when one Captain gets promoted another slot opens up. These are the numbers from the NYPD publicly available dashboard. To the last person on the list dont lose hope considering everything thats going on in this city if I were a betting man I would say the odds favor you.


319 Captains Im
150 D.Is
129 Inspectors
74 Deputy Chiefs
18 Assistant Chiefs
8 Chiefs(Maybe 9 with the Support Services Bureau now being run by a Chief.)



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

kaysersoze69 wrote:

As many have said over and over again, this is a large list and theres a possibility that not everyone will make it. However, if we break down the positions that are filled by Captains on this job there are 698.00 positions that must be filled by someone with the civil service title of captain. We always focus on the Captain slots that are opened, however these other positions are also filled by Captains and when one Captain gets promoted another slot opens up. These are the numbers from the NYPD publicly available dashboard. To the last person on the list dont lose hope considering everything thats going on in this city if I were a betting man I would say the odds favor you.


319 Captains Im
150 D.Is
129 Inspectors
74 Deputy Chiefs
18 Assistant Chiefs
8 Chiefs(Maybe 9 with the Support Services Bureau now being run by a Chief.)


 Theres only 319 captains on the job? 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:

698 since every uniform rank above Captain is filled by a Captain.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 51
Date:

319+ 479 = 798 captains in next 2 to 3 years

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

Whats the normal Cpt headcount for the Department?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
kaysersoze69 wrote:

As many have said over and over again, this is a large list and theres a possibility that not everyone will make it. However, if we break down the positions that are filled by Captains on this job there are 698.00 positions that must be filled by someone with the civil service title of captain. We always focus on the Captain slots that are opened, however these other positions are also filled by Captains and when one Captain gets promoted another slot opens up. These are the numbers from the NYPD publicly available dashboard. To the last person on the list dont lose hope considering everything thats going on in this city if I were a betting man I would say the odds favor you.


319 Captains Im
150 D.Is
129 Inspectors
74 Deputy Chiefs
18 Assistant Chiefs
8 Chiefs(Maybe 9 with the Support Services Bureau now being run by a Chief.)


 Theres only 319 captains on the job? 


These are the Quotas

Captain  350

DI          180

Insp       131

DC         57

AC         28

Chief Of  12



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

So there are 758 positions that need a captain promoted to fulfill.

in the current 20-25 & Out retirement atmosphere having a List of 478 is absolutely practical. 

how many of the 478 people have full intentions on Aging Out? How many truly want to spend their rest of their lives in this department? 

There are many who just want to check-in - do a few years over 20 and leave to enjoy a 2nd career or just enjoy their family. 

EVERYONE once again - will get promoted. Stop the BS. It happens every single exam. Over and Over. The same people are proven wrong on retros and a cut list that has not happened since like 2006 when promotional exams where like Clock Work every 2 years or so. 

Congratulations to Everyone - All 478+ ! you will be a captain! stop the BS on potential - possible cutting of a list. People dont want to stay on this job.

clearly see how the top of the food chain cant even last years in the same position without finding a better job that has better QOL. 

the biggest superstars barely last. Stop the BS On a cut list. 



-- Edited by JediMaster on Monday 23rd of January 2023 06:26:08 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 225
Date:

Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:

TransitCop wrote:

Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.


 Show me in this doll where they hurt you



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Happy Al wrote:
TransitCop wrote:

Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.


 Show me in this doll where they hurt you


 Lmaooooo shots fired



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 667
Date:

TransitCop wrote:
Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.
 Fuck the guidelines and just name these people haha


__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 882
Date:

InsideGuy wrote:
Happy Al wrote:
TransitCop wrote:

Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.


 Show me in this doll where they hurt you


 Lmaooooo shots fired


 Haters always going to hate.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 225
Date:

TransitCop wrote:

Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.


 I know one at the end who is a horrible Lt and hell do exactly that. He was in the 50s but now has a 70. Hes a horrible man



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1423
Date:

HopeBoss wrote:
TransitCop wrote:

Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.


 I know one at the end who is a horrible Lt and hell do exactly that. He was in the 50s but now has a 70. Hes a horrible man


 Whats the story ?



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1423
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
TransitCop wrote:
Few people on the end of this list if made will make whoever they are in charge of miserable beyond words so for their sake I hope they dont promote this whole list. Some folks dont deserve anymore power until they settle their demons in therapists office.
 Fuck the guidelines and just name these people haha

 Respect the guidelines. Please. No need to expose people. Thank you. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Can we please get a February vacancy update? 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us