It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Straightforward or harder than the bar exam


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 176
Date:
Straightforward or harder than the bar exam


Anyone think this exam will be straightforward or extremely difficult? 



__________________
Ak


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

My personal opinion, theyll make the tests easier and well see large lists that will have people die with it

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

HopeBoss wrote:

My personal opinion, theyll make the tests easier and well see large lists that will have people die with it


 I agree with you on the larger lists. It seems this current administration is big on the supervision of cops, aka more Sergeants. For those like myself who want to get promoted this is great. For the cops who think they are taking on less responsibility by getting promoted, well I believe its going to be the exact opposite. Now more then ever Sergeants are going to be scrutinized and held more accountable for both their decisions as well as their cops. 



__________________
eze


Co-Founder/Owner Rising Star

Status: Offline
Posts: 383
Date:

Bar exam is actually much easier than the sgt exam. Straightforward questions, you get partial credit, and, in NY at least, there’s a 75% pass rate…

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

I'm not overly concerned with the difficulty of the exam, it is what it is, just study as hard as you can. If you go in expecting a medical board exam and are given a first aid certification you'll be all the better. What is concerning to me however is the lack of a date, as we sit right now we are 5 weeks out from test day. They still have not officially announced the rumored August dates, so the only prudent course of action is to go full piss and vinegar for the time being as if its going to be June 6th. I have the ill-feeling they will not announce the final date until very close to the exam, which I am rather perturbed by. It would be useful to know exactly how long we have, and how to effectively plan out our coming months. Not to mention a push of nearly two months would allow those of us who have been going from dusk to dawn for the past two months to take a few hours off and smell the roses.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

RamJamFlamSong wrote:

I'm not overly concerned with the difficulty of the exam, it is what it is, just study as hard as you can. If you go in expecting a medical board exam and are given a first aid certification you'll be all the better. What is concerning to me however is the lack of a date, as we sit right now we are 5 weeks out from test day. They still have not officially announced the rumored August dates, so the only prudent course of action is to go full piss and vinegar for the time being as if its going to be June 6th. I have the ill-feeling they will not announce the final date until very close to the exam, which I am rather perturbed by. It would be useful to know exactly how long we have, and how to effectively plan out our coming months. Not to mention a push of nearly two months would allow those of us who have been going from dusk to dawn for the past two months to take a few hours off and smell the roses.


Completely agree. The most frustrating part about this is not the studying or material itself, but being kept in the dark of when we are actually taking this test. I'd really like to be able to plan accordingly.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

It hasnt even been confirmed that there wont be an in basket

__________________


THE KEY—Instructor

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

There will NOT be an in-basket. Also the Javits confirmed the dates of 8/3 and 8/4 now the City has to approve the cost....

#bestinthebusiness



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 495
Date:

I think no In basket HURTS you guys/girls. The best thing about the in basket is the answer is given to you in the material. You just have to find it by going through the documents. If you get more pg or ag questions just more knowledge based questions you either know or you dont. Just my opinion



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Saturday 23rd of April 2022 09:22:30 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

KeyCapt wrote:

There will NOT be an in-basket. Also the Javits confirmed the dates of 8/3 and 8/4 now the City has to approve the cost....

#bestinthebusiness


 



-- Edited by countryroads on Saturday 23rd of April 2022 09:52:54 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

I think no In basket HURTS you guys/girls. The best thing about the in basket is the answer is given to you in the material. You just have to find it by going through the documents. If you get more pg or ag questions just more knowledge based questions you either know or you dont. Just my opinion



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Saturday 23rd of April 2022 09:22:30 PM


 From speaking to others who took the test they said the in basket was the hardest part. But thats just what people have said 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

I think no In basket HURTS you guys/girls. The best thing about the in basket is the answer is given to you in the material. You just have to find it by going through the documents. If you get more pg or ag questions just more knowledge based questions you either know or you dont. Just my opinion



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Saturday 23rd of April 2022 09:22:30 PM


 Idk. Depends . I found 2017 test in basket was very hard. Took me 2:30 to label everything and answer 15 questions. The initial feeling people have is that answers are there until they have to find the answer in a 25 page packet.  I believe no in basket for you guys is great news  



-- Edited by Happy Al on Sunday 24th of April 2022 01:55:40 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

KeyCapt wrote:

There will NOT be an in-basket. Also the Javits confirmed the dates of 8/3 and 8/4 now the City has to approve the cost....

#bestinthebusiness


 Wonder how much that will be 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

KeyCapt wrote:

There will NOT be an in-basket. Also the Javits confirmed the dates of 8/3 and 8/4 now the City has to approve the cost....

#bestinthebusiness


 no in basket will be real rough on some test takers. I know some ppl relied on those 15-20 easy points. What is the reasoning to remove it?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

In basket these guys are lucky bc not everyone can do in basket properly and it's definitely not easy points if u know the technical knowledge you are better getting your points from there

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 176
Date:

I agree with u all....def more responsibility but im sure we are all up for it. Dont worry bmoc will get us ready. The bar exam also has a lower pass score (60%) would be nice if the city could make our test just as simple. They need to put everything in writing and get it out to us so we know what to deal with.

The inbasket im half and half part of me wants it for the points but the other part doesnt because of the constant back and forth and time wasted.

Either way i think we will be fine jus keep studying hard.
@rising....those questions are STILL kicking my ass keep it up lol

__________________
Ak
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us