Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 100 For Jan ?


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 288
Date:
100 For Jan ?


Rumor mill saying 100 for Jan.

 

true or not ?



__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

I have a friend whos 1010s and he didnt get mentoring email so unless all previous Passovers are going in I dont see this happening

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 154
Date:

we need people who got the emails to state where there list # is around

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 298
Date:

TransitCop wrote:

I have a friend whos 1010s and he didnt get mentoring email so unless all previous Passovers are going in I dont see this happening


 That doesnt mean anything. Your friend needs to be cleared. Doesnt mean he doesnt have a case on them. U dont know. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 125
Date:

I don't think it's a 100 people for mentoring. We need people who actually received an email to post there list number 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

If it helps, myself and a friend are in the very low 1000s and neither of us got an email or any indication

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 238
Date:

False info list will slow down a lot of Sgts are waiting for the 3 percent and test will be announced soon. We are all going to get same deal as Lts and captains.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

narco26 wrote:

False info list will slow down a lot of Sgts are waiting for the 3 percent and test will be announced soon. We are all going to get same deal as Lts and captains.


I agree list hasn't cracked 1000 yet and its about to be 2 years old next month and now a test is around the corner, its getting cut if your over 2000 ur not making it start studying for 2021. not trying to be negative but gotta look at the numbers, if they are averaging 500 per year then list is lucky to get to 2000.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

No one expected this to go over 2k mark and if they did they were delusional.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 163
Date:

still waiting on that huge boost in promotions.. any day now

__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Date:

I think its to early to say still, but even with a possible new test there are things to remember. One they pushed ours back two it took forever for list to come out and 3 the list is good for four years from date they promote off it. There is nothing to prevent them from extending current list either. With all that said there are many ready to pack their bags and retire this year and next and my opinion it will go a long way. I personally think it will get too 75 as a score point.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 531
Date:

cop wrote:

I think its to early to say still, but even with a possible new test there are things to remember. One they pushed ours back two it took forever for list to come out and 3 the list is good for four years from date they promote off it. There is nothing to prevent them from extending current list either. With all that said there are many ready to pack their bags and retire this year and next and my opinion it will go a long way. I personally think it will get too 75 as a score point.


With the contracts being settled and due to expire in 2021, I foresee a lot of people sticking around at least until 2021. After 2021, the mass exodus will commence.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
cop wrote:

I think its to early to say still, but even with a possible new test there are things to remember. One they pushed ours back two it took forever for list to come out and 3 the list is good for four years from date they promote off it. There is nothing to prevent them from extending current list either. With all that said there are many ready to pack their bags and retire this year and next and my opinion it will go a long way. I personally think it will get too 75 as a score point.


With the contracts being settled and due to expire in 2021, I foresee a lot of people sticking around at least until 2021. After 2021, the mass exodus will commence.


That was just LT and CPT, not SGTs. Also that statement makes no sense. Bc come 2021 and they get a new Contract then your logic is that theyll stay until the end of that one. People dont retire based on when contracts end. (Its actually beneficial to retire when out of a contract) they retire at the 0 and 5 anniversaries or at 27. Those are the big ones. And then theres the few age outs. We get a lot of those where I am with bosses. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

cop wrote:

I think its to early to say still, but even with a possible new test there are things to remember. One they pushed ours back two it took forever for list to come out and 3 the list is good for four years from date they promote off it. There is nothing to prevent them from extending current list either. With all that said there are many ready to pack their bags and retire this year and next and my opinion it will go a long way. I personally think it will get too 75 as a score point.


 
Afaik a list has never been extended. Even when the economy tanked and promotions froze half a year and academy classes had 250 cops they didnt extend lists and people died on them. 

Hoping for an extension is a pipe dream. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 154
Date:

thats false, last test there were people being promoted after the test expiration date. entire list was made



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

gmen18 wrote:

thats false, last test there were people being promoted after the test expiration date. entire list was made


 Yea well that list didn't have 2700 names on it...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

The last list went active at the end of 2015 and the last guys ( hold overs) got promoted with the first class of our list. No one was getting promoted after it expired

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

gmen18 wrote:

thats false, last test there were people being promoted after the test expiration date. entire list was made


 Come back in two years and people will be talking about writing a petition to the pc and about getting together to hire a lawyer to stop the list from dying. Mark my words. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 154
Date:

im in no way saying the entire list will be made. but im stating that the last 2 lists havnt been cut short.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 73
Date:

the two previous lists were not as big as this one. 2011 list had 1663 people and were promoted in 3 and 2/1 yrs with no mentoring. 2013 had less than 1000.



-- Edited by mike16 on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 06:21:10 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Couldnt agree more about the lawsuits . Absolutely will be the case if that happens. And btw, people who got promoted after the list expired - many of them were passed over and had decent list numbers. One example of someone in that case, had an unfounded open IAB complaint that was dragging on with no substance. Eventually they got made when the list was exhausted - not extended



-- Edited by Putt4dough on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 06:43:44 AM



-- Edited by Putt4dough on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 06:45:07 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

Putt4dough wrote:

Couldnt agree more about the lawsuits . Absolutely will be the case if that happens. And btw, people who got promoted after the list expired - many of them were passed over and had decent list numbers. One example of someone in that case, had an unfounded open IAB complaint that was dragging on with no substance. Eventually they got made when the list was exhausted - not extended



-- Edited by Putt4dough on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 06:43:44 AM


 
-- Edited by Putt4dough on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 06:45:07 AM

Lawsuits for what? What could anyone possibly sue for? They curved it and threw out questions to make it as fair as humanly possible specifically so noone could sue so no way in hell a lawsuit is gonna keep this list from getting cut

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 298
Date:

Enough with This rhetoric!! Whats the amount of people going into mentoring???!!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

Caralho wrote:

Enough with This rhetoric!! Whats the amount of people going into mentoring???!!!


 Snowflakes who dont get what they want think they can sue for it 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

Why snowflakes? Everyone does it.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

List expires in 2022. we are just going into 2020. Stop crying and just wait and see. If you don't get made and you really want to get promoted, just study again. This "the sky is falling" crap is childish and annoying. Grow up. You guys are Cops for God's sake.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 546
Date:

A good indicator that vacancies are high are with 75-85 BMOC classes. That means vacancies peaked beyond 200. 50s are just scraping the 100 count. February/March will tell all.


__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Date:

Any updates ? On mentoring ?

__________________
Mike


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 187
Date:

The only update is that an email went out, not sure the exact number or when mentoring starts.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Friday before mentoring is supposed to start this Monday. Emails made it to the high 900s but sounds like didnt quite make it to 1000. Anyone hear a confirmed high 900 number?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:

39 going in Monday for mentoring. Finest is out.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 207
Date:

Where is the finest message?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 163
Date:

that doesnt seem like a lot

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 298
Date:

List is for sure getting cut! 39 thats nothing!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 51
Date:

39



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Date:

39 for mentoring doesnt necessarily mean 39 for BMOC. The only cops to participate in Mentoring are ones who are not on Patrol, which includes people in DB, Administrative positions in Patrol houses, NCOs, etc.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 111
Date:

100questions wrote:

39 for mentoring doesnt necessarily mean 39 for BMOC. The only cops to participate in Mentoring are ones who are not on Patrol, which includes people in DB, Administrative positions in Patrol houses, NCOs, etc.


 ......Wrong, everyone goes to Mentoring pal !!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Date:

GeoGo wrote:
100questions wrote:

39 for mentoring doesnt necessarily mean 39 for BMOC. The only cops to participate in Mentoring are ones who are not on Patrol, which includes people in DB, Administrative positions in Patrol houses, NCOs, etc.


 ......Wrong, everyone goes to Mentoring pal !!


 I know specifically of at least 3 people who did not have to go to Mentoring and were included in the following BMOC class. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 163
Date:

100questions sounds like hes right. I know theres a 2 year rule, in that if youre off patrol for more than 2 years you have to do mentoring. Plus - why would they transfer people already on patrol to go to a patrol command?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

100questions wrote:
GeoGo wrote:
100questions wrote:

39 for mentoring doesnt necessarily mean 39 for BMOC. The only cops to participate in Mentoring are ones who are not on Patrol, which includes people in DB, Administrative positions in Patrol houses, NCOs, etc.


 ......Wrong, everyone goes to Mentoring pal !!


 I know specifically of at least 3 people who did not have to go to Mentoring and were included in the following BMOC class. 


 You guys are both wrong and both right... its true that not everyone goes to mentoring. but like 90% have to go. If 39 are going to mentoring then the bmoc will probably around 45



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 111
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:

100questions sounds like hes right. I know theres a 2 year rule, in that if youre off patrol for more than 2 years you have to do mentoring. Plus - why would they transfer people already on patrol to go to a patrol command?


 

Put it like this. Everyone is supposed to go to mentoring, those 1 or 2 people who dont go to mentoring wasn't officially cleared by Uniform Promotion Unit but finally get the green light before bmoc starts. 

But it has nothing to do with whether ur in patrol, DB, admin cop, etc.... 

good luck everyone. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

so much for that 100

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 163
Date:

can someone sign up for the lieutenants test if they are still on the list for sgt?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:

can someone sign up for the lieutenants test if they are still on the list for sgt?


 Yes you can. Guys I worked with who were on the 2013 list were still POs and detectives but signed up for the LTs test so that as soon as they got promoted they could take the LTs test they had in 2017. The 2103 test was exhausted just in time for everyone on that list to take the LTs test, unless you were jammed up



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 163
Date:

Nice. I heard about instances like that, but I can imagine DCAS being a PITA to deal with.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

Bklynsouth3020 wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:

can someone sign up for the lieutenants test if they are still on the list for sgt?


 Yes you can. Guys I worked with who were on the 2013 list were still POs and detectives but signed up for the LTs test so that as soon as they got promoted they could take the LTs test they had in 2017. The 2103 test was exhausted just in time for everyone on that list to take the LTs test, unless you were jammed up


 People were also allowed to sign up after the deadline if they were in BMOC. The Department also in the past promoted an entire class up front so they could take the LT exam 



__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Date:

Hearing 50-75 possible mentoring feb 10th. Unconfirmed 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

If the posted promotion schedule is accurate, that would make sense and set up a 3 week mentoring if bmoc is scheduled to begin the Monday following promotions

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

People got email already asking for their command choices for next round of mentoring.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 565
Date:

TransitCop wrote:

People got email already asking for their command choices for next round of mentoring.


 how many recipient?



__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard