Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: No more take home cars for XOs?


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Date:
No more take home cars for XOs?


Heard an unconfirmed rumor that due to DeBalsio wanting to lower emissions for city vehicles, they are looking to get rid of take home cars for XOs. Has anyone heard any such rumblings?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 819
Date:

The mayor wants to cut all city cars by 1000 i believe. From nypd, fd, sanitation etc. One easy spot to do that would be XOs take home cars. That goes against the point they gave XOs take home cars; to get more people to take the capts exam.

Right now its nothing but a rumor.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 450
Date:

Isn't the take home car contractual though ? They would have to negotiate that in the next contract.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 493
Date:

Dont believe it was contractual. I believe it was a gentleman's agreement with Bratton.

And yes unfortunately I've heard the same rumors.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 485
Date:

Centurion wrote:

Heard an unconfirmed rumor that due to DeBalsio wanting to lower emissions for city vehicles, they are looking to get rid of take home cars for XOs. Has anyone heard any such rumblings?


 Late to the party huh Centurion?! They are even taking cars away from inspectors who are not COs of patrol commands. Unfortunately that perk seems to DOA. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 485
Date:

My advice...if you have less than 20 years...take the promotion and stay at least 5 years for the DI pension.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 492
Date:

Nothing concrete for sure pertaining specifically to XO's, but not only is our fleet going to be reduced, they want to decrease the number of take homes. I'm not sure where the XO-specific rumor began. They have begun taking away the cars of captains who were XO's but were transferred to non-enforcement/admin commands. For now, XO cars are safe, but the days of having a take home for life once you've been assigned one seem to be over unless you rank high enough. Honestly, best bet would be to ask a CEA delegate. They'll probably know before anyone else if these rumors have teeth.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

63ASAP, any change to the vacancies since the last promotion of Capts to DI? I'm hearing end of month promotion for Capts, any word on that also? Thanks in advance.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Date:

Hey Thedoucheisstrongwiththisone , STFU. Are you even a lieutenant yet?!, go back to whatever glory hole you frequent; and f-uck off for all time. You having nothing to contribute and arent even on a this list.



-- Edited by Centurion on Monday 13th of May 2019 03:22:32 AM



-- Edited by Centurion on Monday 13th of May 2019 03:25:08 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 252
Date:

Centurion wrote:

Hey Thedoucheisstrongwiththisone , STFU. Are you even a lieutenant yet?!, go back to whatever glory hole you frequent; and f-uck off for all time. You having nothing to contribute and arent even on a this list.



-- Edited by Centurion on Monday 13th of May 2019 03:22:32 AM



-- Edited by Centurion on Monday 13th of May 2019 03:25:08 AM


 Found the snowflake.



__________________



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Date:

redcons2 wrote:
Centurion wrote:

Hey Thedoucheisstrongwiththisone , STFU. Are you even a lieutenant yet?!, go back to whatever glory hole you frequent; and f-uck off for all time. You having nothing to contribute and arent even on a this list.



-- Edited by Centurion on Monday 13th of May 2019 03:22:32 AM



-- Edited by Centurion on Monday 13th of May 2019 03:25:08 AM


 Found the snowflake.


 Yeah not so much, if they take the cars so be it. I was referring to tool boys snide remarks and that fact that he has no business posting on the captains board when hes not even on the list. He contributes nothing and it is a constant s hit stirrer.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Date:

Anyone heard anything more/else on this?

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard