Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: so pretty much what people are saying is if you are below 2000 its like your not even on the list


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 124
Date:
RE: so pretty much what people are saying is if you are below 2000 its like your not even on the list


brooklynbacon wrote:
BxPogiBoy wrote:

Three Letters Papa, NCO. The departments plan is to expand it as much as they can. All will get made. 



-- Edited by BxPogiBoy on Friday 12th of January 2018 05:50:28 PM



-- Edited by BxPogiBoy on Friday 12th of January 2018 05:51:15 PM


 I like your blind optimism. I do.

But if the Lt list is huge and its 1000 people and 500 sgts retire what is the job going to do with a surplus of 1200 extra sgts?

Will each command get an extra 10 sgts then?


 You keep forgetting the list is not actually going to end up being 2600 in the long run. You have to calculate the people who are already sgts and took this exam as a back up, the load of resignations that keep happening (yes people that pass this test resign and go to other depts), the active LT and Capt List in a few months, the retirements of sgts and Lt already on the job, the people on the list who are jammed up to the T. There are so much outside elements to take into consideration. At the end of the day no one is a psychic and can tell the future but there is a good chance they clear this list. There will always be a  bunch negative nancies, if you made the list be happy and remember misery loves company.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

You are forgetting about non patrol commands with a shortage of Sgts.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 84
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
BxPogiBoy wrote:

Three Letters Papa, NCO. The departments plan is to expand it as much as they can. All will get made. 



-- Edited by BxPogiBoy on Friday 12th of January 2018 05:50:28 PM



-- Edited by BxPogiBoy on Friday 12th of January 2018 05:51:15 PM


 I like your blind optimism. I do.

But if the Lt list is huge and its 1000 people and 500 sgts retire what is the job going to do with a surplus of 1200 extra sgts?

Will each command get an extra 10 sgts then?


 You keep forgetting the list is not actually going to end up being 2600 in the long run. You have to calculate the people who are already sgts and took this exam as a back up, the load of resignations that keep happening (yes people that pass this test resign and go to other depts), the active LT and Capt List in a few months, the retirements of sgts and Lt already on the job, the people on the list who are jammed up to the T. There are so much outside elements to take into consideration. At the end of the day no one is a psychic and can tell the future but there is a good chance they clear this list. There will always be a  bunch negative nancies, if you made the list be happy and remember misery loves company.


 This! So much this! The job is full of cynicism.  Especially from those who refuse to accept that things change over time.  The powers that be did not for all intents and purpose lower the passing grade of this exam to balloon up the list for no reason. There was an agenda and if you refuse to accept that, you're fooling yourself.  The list is 2600 for a reason. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 124
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:
BxPogiBoy wrote:

Three Letters Papa, NCO. The departments plan is to expand it as much as they can. All will get made. 



-- Edited by BxPogiBoy on Friday 12th of January 2018 05:50:28 PM



-- Edited by BxPogiBoy on Friday 12th of January 2018 05:51:15 PM


 I like your blind optimism. I do.

But if the Lt list is huge and its 1000 people and 500 sgts retire what is the job going to do with a surplus of 1200 extra sgts?

Will each command get an extra 10 sgts then?


 You keep forgetting the list is not actually going to end up being 2600 in the long run. You have to calculate the people who are already sgts and took this exam as a back up, the load of resignations that keep happening (yes people that pass this test resign and go to other depts), the active LT and Capt List in a few months, the retirements of sgts and Lt already on the job, the people on the list who are jammed up to the T. There are so much outside elements to take into consideration. At the end of the day no one is a psychic and can tell the future but there is a good chance they clear this list. There will always be a  bunch negative nancies, if you made the list be happy and remember misery loves company.


 This! So much this! The job is full of cynicism.  Especially from those who refuse to accept that things change over time.  The powers that be did not for all intents and purpose lower the passing grade of this exam to balloon up the list for no reason. There was an agenda and if you refuse to accept that, you're fooling yourself.  The list is 2600 for a reason. 


 I totally agree 100%



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Why is BMOC now 5 weeks long? No bueno.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Bmoc is 6 weeks 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Even worst! Yikes! Anyway I got my score. The MC line is def not a whole #.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 760
Date:

Do bmc classes overlap in the academy? If not we might have a big problem as that would mean a max of 8 bmocs a year.

Thats 8 classes a year of 81 sgts a class to exhaust the list.

Wowzers.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Allegedly of 50 for March was Parcells last word. Hope they bump that up.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 95
Date:

yougonow wrote:

Even worst! Yikes! Anyway I got my score. The MC line is def not a whole #.


 What is your score according to the scorecard? Just the raw score. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:

You guys on the end of this big list need to STOP entertaining the HATERS

 

The EXACT same haters that said there will NEVER be a list so large

the EXACT haters who never thought there would be a Jan 2018 class

 

listen its very simple,

 

if you compare it to HISTORY, there is a PROBLEM.

 

the REAL PROBLEM is that NOTHING IS ROUTINE on these exams when it comes to the LIST SIZE.

 

NO ONE can say U WILL NOT get made ! Were not at the end of the list yet.. no one will know so soon

 

stop looking for EMOTIONAL COMFORT ! if your list number 2,000 and Higher chances are you FAILED ANYWAY.. and are LUCKY to be considered a PASS on this list. 

 

Once again.... if they job will hire EXTRA to flood the rank OR what if theres an Exception to the 4 year Expiration rule ?

 

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE ! If the job had ZERO INTENT on making the end of the list, they wouldnt have made it so large.

 

this test was INTENTIONALLY created at this size which is probably WHY there was such a Long Delay.

keep your HEAD UP and focus on not getting jammed up and regardless you should study for the next sgt test anyway for multiple Reasons. 

 

Stop Listening/Reading to the PAST HiSTORY cuz if you paid attention to the job, theyre CHANGING EVERYTHING UP!

 

i bet you the chiefs being forced off never saw that coming...

 

you WILL GET MADE ! stop entertaining the HATERS !



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 13th of January 2018 03:31:01 AM



-- Edited by JDMEVO9 on Saturday 13th of January 2018 03:33:28 AM

__________________

Your 2017 Sgt Exam Failed-Passers be like ....

abc-bell-curve

 

 



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

The list will get made bmoc is 6 weeks now because the CIT (edp) course is mandatory in bmoc and a lot of personnel will retire when the new chiefs tell them they are bringing in their own people.1 pp is in a panic.



-- Edited by HubbaBubba on Saturday 13th of January 2018 03:47:06 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Is it really that kind of panic?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Ok so basically we might as well say the list about 1800 because thats probably all they will get too look at how they put classes in 4 years Id say an exam 2019. If its 2020 i dont see the list being cut it had to be a reason this list was so big throwouts wouldnt make it so Big i knew guys who had 61 60 when they got their score they had 68 69

__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard