Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Changing Answers While Taking Exam


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 390
Date:
Changing Answers While Taking Exam


Good morning all.  Is anyone else concerned about how this computer testing situation is going to work?  Any chance that anyone in this forum has taken the PO entrance test on computer and could lend some insight?  My biggest issue is whether or not we will be able to go back and change our answers or skip questions and then go back to them, before we complete the exam.  I am happy about getting the raw score right away, but I tend to skip questions or make a change to ones already answered. blankstare

Anyone else worried about this as well? Hope everyone is doing well with their studies. Good luck!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

I took the stock broker exams (series 7, etc) 15 years ago on a computer at a testing center. On that test, you could indeed skip questions, go back, Review, check answers. The whole 9. A few of those broker exams have math questions as well, you got handouts did the math on provided scrap paper the answered on the computer. The only thing you couldnt do was cross out obviously wrong answers.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Date:

From how I've seen exams administered in the past, there will be a skip button available on the screen but the onis will be on you to go back and fill in the answer. There likely won't be a prompt stating that you have left questions unanswered once you reach the end of the test and hit a 'Finish' button. Make sure to use the scrap paper to note which answers you skip and go back and finish them. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

has anyone requested rules of the computer type exam from dcas in advance?

 

that should alleviate some of the additional anxiety I'm sure we can all do without 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

That's a good idea, maybe someone can do one of those FOIL requests.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

Easy everyone from what I understand there will be a training/tutorial part on the computer too... before the exam which will teach you how to use the computer program DCAS has. You will be allowed to review prior to submitting your test at which point you can change answers to your hearts content.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

Thanks that would be good,

hard to trust the retarts from dcas u get on test day they can ruin your day with their incompetence easily 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

Do we know for sure that this exam will be on the computer or are these just rumors at this point ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 196
Date:

popeye wrote:

Thanks that would be good,

hard to trust the retarts from dcas u get on test day they can ruin your day with their incompetence easily 


damn.... how can you call someone a retard when u cant even spell it right......  sad that you are a LT. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

not very nice IhaveNoHook!
IhaveNoHook wrote:
popeye wrote:

Thanks that would be good,

hard to trust the retarts from dcas u get on test day they can ruin your day with their incompetence easily 


damn.... how can you call someone a retard when u cant even spell it right......  sad that you are a LT. 


 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 390
Date:

Bigguy69 wrote:


Do we know for sure that this exam will be on the computer or are these just rumors at this point ?


Valid point. Technically it is just a rumor. However, by looking at the amended NOE where it states that the exam could be given at a computer terminal, plus the notice on the DCAS Exams page that CTACs is closed on November 29, 2017, along with the amount of people who will be sitting for the Captain Exam... I am banking on it!

F19D693C-78B5-4FA4-A0E7-41FCEC3D3D2F.pngFD09254E-EDBF-4AB6-8184-260A148E1157.png

 



-- Edited by smartcookie on Sunday 29th of October 2017 11:47:06 PM

Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

How many are supposed to be sitting for this test?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 505
Date:

Last word was 504 registered. But every Lt class that gets promoted is allowed to register so that # may have risen.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:

Definitely on a computer ladies and fellas. After having done the Lt protest on those very same computers this past saturday the set up will be intresting...you'll see...good luck to all.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

DETSGT wrote:

Last word was 504 registered. But every Lt class that gets promoted is allowed to register so that # may have risen.


 That number is higher than past tests no?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

The number signed up is 539. Around what 2014 was maybe a tad higher.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 505
Date:

JustWonderin wrote:
DETSGT wrote:

Last word was 504 registered. But every Lt class that gets promoted is allowed to register so that # may have risen.


 That number is higher than past tests no?


 I believe it's a normal #. A 100 or so won't show.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 196
Date:

DETSGT wrote:
JustWonderin wrote:
DETSGT wrote:

Last word was 504 registered. But every Lt class that gets promoted is allowed to register so that # may have risen.


 That number is higher than past tests no?


 I believe it's a normal #. A 100 or so won't show.  


at  the key they were saying average of 500 sign up... approx. 350 show up.... with roughly 30 ~ 33% passing rate.....  anyhow it really doesn't matter how many people sign up or take the test.... why does it matter..  study hard and just pass and you will get made 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 505
Date:

IhaveNoHook wrote:
DETSGT wrote:
JustWonderin wrote:
DETSGT wrote:

Last word was 504 registered. But every Lt class that gets promoted is allowed to register so that # may have risen.


 That number is higher than past tests no?


 I believe it's a normal #. A 100 or so won't show.  


at  the key they were saying average of 500 sign up... approx. 350 show up.... with roughly 30 ~ 33% passing rate.....  anyhow it really doesn't matter how many people sign up or take the test.... why does it matter..  study hard and just pass and you will get made 


 ^^ sounds about right  ^^



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard