Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: newly promoted sgts....


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:
RE: newly promoted sgts....


All this happened retro activity anyway any no body even realized it. I was promoted on Sept 2011, so I hit top pay on Sept 2015. They Settled the contract and we were paid in June 2015. The PBA contract ran from July 2012' to July 2016'.  During those years retroactive  i lost money. From  July 2012' to July 2016' a top pay cop was making more than a starting Sgt. However it was retroactive so no one real noticed it.  

2012-2016 a top pay cop was making %1 more than a starting SGT. So contractually I/We were making less than a top pay for those years, but nobody noticed it because it was retroactive 

 

 

also the SBA took 0% upfront from March 2011 to' March 2012' .. The PBA did not take a 0%. They  took %1 upfront. so that was about a $1,000 bucks lost. 



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Date:

 



-- Edited by Sullyten on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 05:27:15 PM



-- Edited by Sullyten on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 05:29:21 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

I also had the misunderstanding that the SBA was a "better" union than the others but when they came into BMOC and played that 'Don't let the other Sgt's know that you are getting pay more' I learned that they are like the other unions. Full of weasels, sleezy cheap politicians.



-- Edited by TooSucio4u on Wednesday 6th of September 2017 06:46:27 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 175
Date:

Sorry to see you guys feelings hurt... Welcome to the NYPD... ... Get over it.... Not trying to troll... But we all went through this at some point or the other.... SMH All unions sell out the newborn and or the young....



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

So who is starting the lawsuit so I can jump on the bandwagon??

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

No feelings hurt I went straight to top pay so it didn't affect me whatsoever but it did open my eyes as to the obvious.... all unions are the same. No one is better than the other

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Wasn't HeatMiser supposed to start a lawsuit on 8/24? I thought HeatMiser was for real...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 207
Date:

That was heetmiser. Another troll

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 754
Date:

This place is full of trolls smfh

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:

That was heetmiser. Another troll


 No that wasn't me , it was my brother Heatmiser. He said he was going to start a lawsuit but he realized it would be a waste of time so he decided not to.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Are we sure the SBA isn't fighting for this?

I'm just trying to think... if there's a fight that can be won, why wouldn't they?

Or is the issue that they didn't do as well as the PBA at the table, they got better raises, and now we're just stuck with no recourse?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

Capped out- it's your last point. They just didn't do as well as the PBA. Little recourse left without good will from the city, which doesn't exist.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Whatever happened with this?

Did anyone actually talk to the SBA and see what they had to say?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

Theres nothing to say other that it will be resolved on the next contract

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

TooSucio4u wrote:

Theres nothing to say other that it will be resolved on the next contract


What do you mean? How so?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

CappedOut wrote:
TooSucio4u wrote:

Theres nothing to say other that it will be resolved on the next contract


 

What do you mean? How so?

 

He means stop crying, life isn't meant to be a fair game all the time.9


 



__________________

Yeeeeeeee



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 156
Date:

I'm a little late to the party , but what the hell is going on here in this thread with newly promoted SGT's ????

__________________

That's what she said



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Nyjoe84 wrote:

I'm a little late to the party , but what the hell is going on here in this thread with newly promoted SGT's ????


 Any sergeant promoted before the PBA contract was settled is making less money than the sergeants promoted after them.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

New sgts bottom of list = 3rd step starting & top pay in 1 year
top of list sgts prior to PBA contract = regular steps to top pay 4 years
we got screwed and they got lucky, but nothing new with the city.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 174
Date:

Isnt the SBA going to sue again? FLSA type lawsuit again?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

monkeybones wrote:

New sgts bottom of list = 3rd step starting & top pay in 1 year
top of list sgts prior to PBA contract = regular steps to top pay 4 years
we got screwed and they got lucky, but nothing new with the city.


 Is this confirmed they go to top pay after a year?  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

They were told that they can't be held at 3rd step for 4 years, and would have to go to top pay after the year... and not to tell the other Sgt's. It has all been discussed in this thread and others and the SBA isn't doing anything their answer is it fixes itself in 2018

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

monkeybones wrote:

They were told that they can't be held at 3rd step for 4 years, and would have to go to top pay after the year... and not to tell the other Sgt's. It has all been discussed in this thread and others and the SBA isn't doing anything their answer is it fixes itself in 2018


 Actually...... they told us they dont know for sure but they dont believe theyll keep them at the same step for 3 years straight. And they did say not to mention it to other sergeants. The president of the SBA never confirmed they were going to top pay next year. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

TooSucio4u wrote:
monkeybones wrote:

They were told that they can't be held at 3rd step for 4 years, and would have to go to top pay after the year... and not to tell the other Sgt's. It has all been discussed in this thread and others and the SBA isn't doing anything their answer is it fixes itself in 2018


 Actually...... they told us they dont know for sure but they dont believe theyll keep them at the same step for 3 years straight. And they did say not to mention it to other sergeants. The president of the SBA never confirmed they were going to top pay next year. 


 Thats what I was told. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

If you do we will then have a concrete case and hopefully all get lots of back pay but whatever. Im just glad i did well enough on test not to even care anymore.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Plus top pay cops are making more than those sergeants affected. If you don't believe me grab a random top pay stub from the box and compare it against yours. Their base is slightly below ours, but adding the NCO differential directly below it puts them ahead of us.

So we got promoted two years ago, and are still making less than a top pay cop.

If we have no recourse, then it is whatever it is. But that's pretty messed up.



-- Edited by CappedOut on Saturday 9th of December 2017 02:18:34 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

Quit crying. This job isnt on the level and the sh**ty doesnt care about you! If you want something to change then gather ppl and sue the damn job and Sh**ty.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 464
Date:

Why is this topic on a Lts exam thread???? Who the hell cares about Sgts salaries right now ?!



-- Edited by fodx on Saturday 9th of December 2017 04:06:12 PM



-- Edited by fodx on Saturday 9th of December 2017 04:06:30 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 243
Date:

fodx wrote:

Why is this topic on a Lts exam thread???? Who the hell cares about Sgts salaries right now ?!



-- Edited by fodx on Saturday 9th of December 2017 04:06:12 PM



-- Edited by fodx on Saturday 9th of December 2017 04:06:30 PM


 Are you a representative from CNN Late Edition? This post is from July.



__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:

I get ppl are upset and I get it. Things clearly arent fair but complaining here wont fix it so take action or move on. This is a Lts exam forum!



-- Edited by Oooh-yeah on Sunday 10th of December 2017 05:57:23 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

Guys lets start this lawsuit !!!!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 183
Date:

when did the PBA contract take effect? first groups of sergeants that went to the 2nd to last pay step should be hitting their one year mark soon.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

tdcarlin1 wrote:

when did the PBA contract take effect? first groups of sergeants that went to the 2nd to last pay step should be hitting their one year mark soon.


 That first group should be hitting their one year mark in April. We'll find out soon if they go to top pay.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Date:

This is Rising Star Promotions.. Not the rant... nobody wants to hear a bunch of rookie Sgt"s cryin.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

jovin wrote:

This is Rising Star Promotions.. Not the rant... nobody wants to hear a bunch of rookie Sgt"s cryin.

 


 Weird that you think we want to hear from you. A guy who has been stuck at the Sgt. Rank because he couldnt pass previous Lt exams



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 464
Date:

Seriously though why is this post on the Lieutenants section?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 398
Date:

fodx wrote:

Seriously though why is this post on the Lieutenants section?


 Who knows !!! Sergeants should be out there enjoying their chart days biggrin



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

When list coming?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

Hearing September

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

Yikes



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Do we know if anybody got top yet after a year in rank?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 451
Date:

Risingstarrecid wrote:

Do we know if anybody got top yet after a year in rank?


 Who cares...we want the list



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

They got promoted may 16. We wont know until first check in june.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard