Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:
An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


You scammed thousands of cops for tens of thousands of dollars. You arrogantly come on here and accuse us of making this a personal attack and act like you did nothing wrong. 

You committed multiple acts of grand larceny, likely on job time. All we want is our money back. We are awaiting an email from you announcing that you are refunding us or at the very least a partial refund close to the full purchase price. I have over 27 cops who have IM'd me and have indicated that they are willing to take this all the way. 

We are willing to take action. We are willing to involve the press. I have hundreds of screen shots as proof that you are a scamming thief. We are not asking for anything unreasonable, just for you to give us back the money you stole from us.

 

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:
An open letter to


Count me in as 28.

Hey Joe, I doubt you would want to lose your gig "doing analysis and writing reports/briefings." LOL

__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

29... disputed it on PayPal, just escalated the dispute after they ignored the facts of copywrite infringement and said "material was provided up to the date of the test"

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:
RE: An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


Hcky3303 wrote:

29... disputed it on PayPal, just escalated the dispute after they ignored the facts of copywrite infringement and said "material was provided up to the date of the test"


 are they trying to fight it or they simply ignored you?



__________________
Rick from accounting wrote:

Art thy mad bro? ^


 



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

they ignored my original "message" (stating all the facts in addition to no access to info at this point) which is basically just direct to them, they responded w the info was only available until the test date, offered no compromise or anything, 

i elevated the dispute so PayPal now reviews everything and will make a final decision (may take a while) 

did this bc i emailed them and re no response after a few days, so no other way to get their attention



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:
An open letter to


Everyone who paid with credit card should issue a charge back

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


I'm in no way defending the actions of the Blueline leaders. They are dishonest by using the other schools materials in other to benefit themselves. However sad their actions seem, their behavior appears to be opportunistic but no way an act of thievery. Reason being is that these other schools are actually acting somehow in a similar manner by tapping into the intellectual property of the New York City Police Department for their benefit. The schools in turn benefit the students who are looking for directions to pass these challenging tests. Remember the Patrol Guide, Admin Guide, and other department directives belong to New York City. For instance, you have the Elite Strategics school guide that is almost a "word for word" copy of the NYPD patrol guide with additional notes. I'm in no position to know if they are in fact permitted to use New York City intellectional property for their benefits since the NYPD patrol guide and other directives are probably part of the public domain. That rests solely with someone who is knowledgeable of the copyrights laws. Since the repackaging of materials extrated from New York City intellectual property by the Key, Elite and other schools are maybe permittted, should it not be also allowed to repackage materials from them as well?



-- Edited by Zeph on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 11:52:59 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:
An open letter to


Had they "copied" the patrol guide then there would be no issue whatsoever. What they did copy word for word were questions from the schools. Those questions are the schools intellectual property which according to Google is a work as a result of their creation or creativity... a product of their intellect. The strongest arguments that blueline has is that these questions are rewrites, but unfortunately for them it appears that the majority of questions they lifted are not. This, coupled with the act of deceiving us by trying to sell this as their own is what is pissing people off.
Me, I have no bone to pick with them a this point as I got my money back.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:

I do not think these schools can put their stamps on these materials and claim them as their exclusive intellectual property by just elaborating, detailing, explaining passages and drawing questions out of the NYPD directives unless they paid New York City for these rights. For that reason, nothing should stop anyone else to use these resulting materials as they come under their possession for their potential benefit including monetary enrichment.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:
RE: An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


Zeph wrote:

I do not think these schools can put their stamps on these materials and claim them as their exclusive intellectual property by just elaborating, detailing, explaining passages and drawing questions out of the NYPD directives unless they paid New York City for these rights. For that reason, nothing should stop anyone else to use these resulting materials as they come under their possession for their potential benefit including monetary enrichment.


 Fair enough. That's your opinion. federal and state laws unfortunately say otherwise. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
An open letter to


As disturbing as that may seem, they might not be in violation of anything if the other schools are ok to do it after approval for off duty employment if they're still on the job.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:
RE: An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


Zeph wrote:

As disturbing as that may seem, they might not be in violation of anything if the other schools are ok to do it after approval for off duty employment if they're still on the job.


 They absolutely have every right to do this. If these guys have off duty employment theN sure. 

But they should Make their own questions and not lift them off of others and pass it as their own.

im paying for the questions, not the patrol guide. And going off of what lt or bust is saying the questions that the school produces  is what is protected  by law. A strict reading of the penal law has these guys guilty of grand larceny as well as other civil offenses. I'm sure whoever these blueline leaders are know this since they took down everything asap. Lol



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:

I guess you could argue that the other schools resulting materials are different enough that any reasonable person should believe it's the result of someone else's intellectual vision. However, that still falls under plagiarism but not criminal act since the other schools can not claim exclusivity of intellectual property. Remember the schools most likely did not pay the City for these exclusive rights either.



-- Edited by Zeph on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 02:17:54 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Zeph wrote:

I guess you could argue that the other schools resulting materials are different enough that any reasonable person should believe it's the result of someone else's intellectual vision. However, that still falls under plagiarism but not criminal act since the other schools can not claim exclusivity of intellectual property. Remember the schools most likely did not pay the City for these exclusive rights either.



-- Edited by Zeph on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 02:12:03 PM


 I see your point. It got me curious if these schools actually copyright their stuff. they actually do!

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=rising+star+promotions&Search_Code=TALL&PID=ho0kcu1l-O7SGlbLm4g8c4HiRu&SEQ=20170228091333&CNT=25&HIST=1

It seems the schools have Copyrights on file in Washington DC for their questions. If they didnt then I guess it would be plagiarism. The copyright now shifts this into a criminal matter if done intentionally, which is pretty clear they did it intentionally. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 138
Date:
An open letter to


My opinion is that we should be careful not going after the Blueline leaders guys' heads by screaming criminality when the other schools don't seem to be innocent as well. Many people question the legitimacy of these schools using materials from the New York City Police Department to enrich themselves without the City getting a cut from them. We may be opening a can of worms that we all could regret.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:
RE: An open letter to "Joe" from Blueline leaders:


Zeph wrote:

My opinion is that we should be careful not going after the Blueline leaders guys' heads by screaming criminality when the other schools don't seem to be innocent as well. Many people question the legitimacy of these schools using materials from the New York City Police Department to enrich themselves without the City getting a cut from them. We may be opening a can of worms that we all could regret.


 No one wants their heads. We just want our money back. These scammers won't even return emails.

"joe" we want our money back. 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard