It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Next LT Exam


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 72
Date:
Next LT Exam


Anyone have intel?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:

Rumor has it around around April 2017. The job asked for Feb and was told no by DCAS.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

DCAS really does run the show

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

I think it's too early for rumors . If I had to guess I'd say March but better start hitting the books now. They've been throwing nothing but curve balls lately, staring with the 20/30 extra questions to judgement to those admin guide, ops orders hybrid questions . I wonder what they have up their sleeve this time ? Maybe we'll get a list of 50 this time

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

April is really stretching it. 200 people is supposed to last two years? Im giving it one more shot but Im not expecting to pass. Lieutenant exams (or all exams lately) are setup for you to fail unless you get extremely lucky. BEsides, Sgt is the best rank on this job. I'll keep my chart days thank you very much. Also Lt's work 45 minutes a day for FREE. 45 minutes where you get no cash and no time. So its not even really a raise, youre working longer hours. So DCAS can take their exam and shove it up their a$$. Again I will take it one more time but I don't care anymore.



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 12:57:20 PM



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 12:58:11 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

It's not about what makes sense. DCAS says they can't administer an exam that quick, so they have to pick a later date. DCAS doesn't care that we need to promote people.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 647
Date:

If I had to guess I would say it's going to be announced soon and it's going to be a difficult exam. Maybe not as difficult as the 2015 exam, but the last two lieutenant exams have been very hard. I wouldn't go into it expecting any handouts.

__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

I agree, this exam will be extremely difficult with 250-300 passers as it should be if you ask me. You will still here these buffoons talking out of their ass though, saying "this one is going to be straight down the middle ".

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

These LT exams will be super hard from now on. Next exam will be super competitive with 2013 tier 3 sergeants now eligible. With all the benefits Tier 3 guys lost they have no choice to get promoted in order to retire with a decent pension. Don't let anyone discourage you especially with that "LTs don't get chart days nonsense"....if your smart you'll bank your days as a Sgt. like I did if LT is your goal.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

logic would dictate at least a slightly easier exam, considering that you can't count on dcas to throw out bad questions...that said, should I be lucky enough to be eligible, I wouldn't assume an easy test.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

just need to study as hard as you did before and STAY positive. we are all going to pass this stupid and most retarded Lt. test, even you fodx, no matter which moron is gonna write questions and how much the job is gonna stress it. this is NOT a question. this is a fact. the good thing is that you don't have to wait another 4 years for Lt. exam.



-- Edited by emilchik80 on Thursday 12th of May 2016 01:18:05 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

karatekid wrote:

These LT exams will be super hard from now on. Next exam will be super competitive with 2013 tier 3 sergeants now eligible. With all the benefits Tier 3 guys lost they have no choice to get promoted in order to retire with a decent pension. Don't let anyone discourage you especially with that "LTs don't get chart days nonsense"....if your smart you'll bank your days as a Sgt. like I did if LT is your goal.


 I assume your referring to the widely held, but never the less incorrect belief that tier 3 has no ot in their pension. They do get it factored into their pension. The idea of not including ot has been floated for future tiers but everyone in the Nypd that receives cash ot has ot factored into their pension. Call the union or look it up here

 

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycppf/html/tier_3/tier_3_retirement.shtml



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 12th of May 2016 01:57:53 AM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 12th of May 2016 01:58:32 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 647
Date:

ohnoes wrote:
karatekid wrote:

These LT exams will be super hard from now on. Next exam will be super competitive with 2013 tier 3 sergeants now eligible. With all the benefits Tier 3 guys lost they have no choice to get promoted in order to retire with a decent pension. Don't let anyone discourage you especially with that "LTs don't get chart days nonsense"....if your smart you'll bank your days as a Sgt. like I did if LT is your goal.


 I assume your referring to the widely held, but never the less incorrect belief that tier 3 has no ot in their pension. They do get it factored into their pension. The idea of not including ot has been floated for future tiers but everyone in the Nypd that receives cash ot has ot factored into their pension. Call the union or look it up here

 

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycppf/html/tier_3/tier_3_retirement.shtml



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 12th of May 2016 01:57:53 AM



-- Edited by ohnoes on Thursday 12th of May 2016 01:58:32 AM


Yes, but their spiking rule is extremely strict. 



__________________

Darth-Vader-and-Storm-Trooper-dance.gif



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:

We should know when the next test is in about two months or less.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

As soon as the first group from this list gets promoted right off the bat the list is at 170-180, with NO EXAM scheduled? A new exam should have been announced three months ago.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:

fodx wrote:

April is really stretching it. 200 people is supposed to last two years? Im giving it one more shot but Im not expecting to pass. Lieutenant exams (or all exams lately) are setup for you to fail unless you get extremely lucky. BEsides, Sgt is the best rank on this job. I'll keep my chart days thank you very much. Also Lt's work 45 minutes a day for FREE. 45 minutes where you get no cash and no time. So its not even really a raise, youre working longer hours. So DCAS can take their exam and shove it up their a$$. Again I will take it one more time but I don't care anymore.



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 12:57:20 PM



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 12:58:11 PM


 Sgt is the best rank....he likes his chart days....lieutenants work 45 minutes for free....you basically aren't even getting a raise....but he'll take the exam again 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

Relax spark plug. Can you disagree with anything I said? Those are facts. Don't get me wrong it IS more money regardless and the higher you go the less people can tell you what to do. But if it doesn't happen I still have the BEST rank on this job.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

I agree sgt is the best rank, but i wanted a white shirt. Im still dumbfounded that there were 0 throwouts.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Date:

I would take the Lt. rank any day over sgt. You are no longer the front line supervisor and as a Lt. I can delegate most of my work for a sergeant to do. A couple meetings here and there is ok with me. If the sgt rank was that great I don't think you would see so many people showing up to take the LT test and fighting tooth and nail to pick up some points to make the list while screwing future lieutenants.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

I personally know a guy who is top pay SSA with nearly 30 chart days a year and full night diff + 30-40 a month OT. He's the highest paid in the command but he doesn't talk about it much. Factor that into being in the best union in the Dept hands down and I don't think you will find many spots of any rank that beat that. It's a combination of rank + gig/position in my opinion. But I agree the chart days and union/benefits are a HUGE deal.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us