Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Sept 2014


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 66
Date:
Sept 2014


Heard from two different people that next Capt. Exam will be Sept. 2014. This is just a rumor obviously. Anyone else hear the same?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

Disgusting. I guess the 25 names holds true. Can I ever get a free summer? :/

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Hopeful things work out well with the protests. I can't imagine studying again.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 407
Date:

If I didn't pass, I am not studying for it again.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 313
Date:

Same here. Never studying again. Don't know why I did in the 1st place

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

Sounds like they are getting their intel from this board! Not too far from realm of possibility however.

__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

I couldnt imagine studying again either. In fact I can't believe i'm in this predicament after the time i put in. 25 passers? The funniest thing was for months before the test this test was being labeled as "the test to take" and a "groundball" heading our way....and this is gng to be the shortest list in NYPD history? WTF is gng on here???

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

HotMessBoogerCookie wrote:

I couldnt imagine studying again either. In fact I can't believe i'm in this predicament after the time i put in. 25 passers? The funniest thing was for months before the test this test was being labeled as "the test to take" and a "groundball" heading our way....and this is gng to be the shortest list in NYPD history? WTF is gng on here???


 Who confirmed that bullshyt rumor about 25 people? Just because a bunch of anonymous people on this site repeat it over and over, that doesn't make it true. Some of you clowns really need to get a grip. This nervousness will not translate well to the rank of captain. 



-- Edited by Wannabecaptain on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 01:44:45 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

Wannabecaptain wrote:

 Who confirmed that bullshyt rumor about 25 people? Just because a bunch of anonymous people on this site repeat it over and over, that doesn't make it true. Some of you clowns really need to get a grip. This nervousness will not translate well to the rank of captain. 



-- Edited by Wannabecaptain on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 01:44:45 AM


 It is not just here but everywhere.  It may be just a rumor but it is everywhere.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

It has nothing to do with being nervous...more about being pissed off....but i guess you dont need to worry since you apparently know what is needed for the captain rank and must be one already Wannabe



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

HotMessBoogerCookie wrote:

It has nothing to do with being nervous...more about being pissed off....but i guess you dont need to worry since you apparently know what is needed for the captain rank and must be one already Wannabe


 If you say you are pissed that the NYPD promotional exam that you took was written to be so difficult that only 25 people passing is completely believable and realistic,  I would not comment. I actually agree that it makes no sense to have such a difficult exam when so few people are even interested in being Captains on this job. Especially considering that contrary to popular belief, it is almost impossible for a Lieutenant to make as much money as a top pay captain and the percentage increase in salary is higher from Lieutenant to Captain than any other promotion. That being said, anyone that cites an unconfirmed Rumor as if it were a fact is unfit to be a captain in my not so humble opinion. 



-- Edited by Wannabecaptain on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 12:54:51 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

Oh Boy.....

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

BTW...rumor is a very strong one and has been mentioned by a couple of credible people. However u r correct, anything can happen and 25 seems worst case scenario which is a good way to look at things and we all know that including myself. If by chance the rumor is wrong and there is 100 on the list and I am on it, I will turn it down because i am unfit obviously to lead police personnel in the field though...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

This isn't nervousness or anger, it is the result of a massive, collective frustration. Some 400 people who have studied at least three times in their career and passed at least two exams have to possibly accept a passing rate of 6%...even if it is a rumor I know a total of four people that feel confident about passing. The passing rate for a capts exam should be the highest % of the three exams because we all know what is expected of us and we have done it before. The vast majority of us should not be relying on a protest session to pass. If I am wrong, i defy anyone that doesn't work in an office all day to say they feel very confident about passing. Period.

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

The sit in an office all day argument is legit for a sgt test probably even the Lt test. But if you can honestly say that as a Lt you can't find a few hours a day to study at work, then you don't know the role of your rank. I'm on patrol and could study 2-3hrs on a bad day.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Two to three hours a day might not have been enough, I guess you'll see on weds or thurs. Even getting a measly two or three uninterrupted hours depends on your position, precinct and CO. With that being said I don't believe three hours is sufficient for this exam. The top scorer probably got twelve hours a day, cash overtime to study, and a quiet uninterrupted environment and still didn't break a 90.


__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Booking Fool wrote:

The sit in an office all day argument is legit for a sgt test probably even the Lt test. But if you can honestly say that as a Lt you can't find a few hours a day to study at work, then you don't know the role of your rank. I'm on patrol and could study 2-3hrs on a bad day.


 what is your position in the precinct? Replacement Lt?



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Booking Fool wrote:

The sit in an office all day argument is legit for a sgt test probably even the Lt test. But if you can honestly say that as a Lt you can't find a few hours a day to study at work, then you don't know the role of your rank. I'm on patrol and could study 2-3hrs on a bad day.


 booking fool - central booking? 



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

J Man wrote:

Two to three hours a day might not have been enough, I guess you'll see on weds or thurs. Even getting a measly two or three uninterrupted hours depends on your position, precinct and CO. With that being said I don't believe three hours is sufficient for this exam. The top scorer probably got twelve hours a day, cash overtime to study, and a quiet uninterrupted environment and still didn't break a 90.


 I'm saying 2-3 hours at work on top of studying at home.  Used to work there as a sgt.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Booking Fool wrote:

The sit in an office all day argument is legit for a sgt test probably even the Lt test. But if you can honestly say that as a Lt you can't find a few hours a day to study at work, then you don't know the role of your rank. I'm on patrol and could study 2-3hrs on a bad day.


 God bless anyone with the time and peace of mind to be able to focus on studying at work but I personally averaged less than an hour per week of studying on duty and I'm fully aware of my role. Some of us had to study on our own time as crazy as that may sound to you.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Lmao....this is gonna be just like after the 2011 Lt's exam...where everyone who fails screams and cries that everyone who passed must be at One PP in a cubicle studying all day...with no wife or kids at home. Happens every time.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

Wannabecaptain wrote:
Booking Fool wrote:

The sit in an office all day argument is legit for a sgt test probably even the Lt test. But if you can honestly say that as a Lt you can't find a few hours a day to study at work, then you don't know the role of your rank. I'm on patrol and could study 2-3hrs on a bad day.


 God bless anyone with the time and peace of mind to be able to focus on studying at work but I personally averaged less than an hour per week of studying on duty and I'm fully aware of my role. Some of us had to study on our own time as crazy as that may sound to you.


 Guy, did I say anything about only studying at work? If you were interested in passing this test you should study on your own time.  If you can't go sit in a quiet room to read for a couple hrs that's on you.

This is the problem with some of you f'n people. Who gives a sh*t if you were able to study at work or not. If you're so concerned with getting promoted and feel the only way to do it is at a desk in 1pp, then f'n transfer there. Otherwise stop bitching about how unfair it is to "inside" people.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

All aspiring Captains.......WOW

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Date:

Lol, yes because captains are mature professionals.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Wannabecaptain wrote:
Booking Fool wrote:

The sit in an office all day argument is legit for a sgt test probably even the Lt test. But if you can honestly say that as a Lt you can't find a few hours a day to study at work, then you don't know the role of your rank. I'm on patrol and could study 2-3hrs on a bad day.


 God bless anyone with the time and peace of mind to be able to focus on studying at work but I personally averaged less than an hour per week of studying on duty and I'm fully aware of my role. Some of us had to study on our own time as crazy as that may sound to you.


 No offense bro, but you sound like a major tool.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

if anybody would actually bother to read the original post that started this c*** session you would see all I said was that I defy anybody outside of an administrative position to say they feel confident about this test I didn't say studying on job time was easy necessary or against the law I just said that if you didn't have 12 hours a day to study you probably didn't feel confident about passing and I'm sure that the first bemok of captains will once again be all of the individuals stashed away in useless offices, useless offices hopefully Bratton will clear out. many of us passed the first two exams working in precincts and hopefully some of us will pass all three working precincts

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

An Inconvient Truth for JustTheFacts and J-Man

Lets say the next exam is September 2014 or October or November, and i think we all agree that the next test will be soon.

Who will be the magnificent 25 on that exam? I know J-Man doesn't like me calling them superior but that is what they are.

Correct me if im wrong but of the 25 passers most them were in the June 29th class or would have been if not passed over for lack of time. I would assume that of the magnificent 25 approx 15 of them were in the class with stiggity1.
Just think the igotubabe guy with 87 will most likely be number 1 on this exam. I dont know him but i assume he was probably number 1 on his sgt exam and top 10 on the 2011 Lt exam. Take stiggity, he was probably in the 1st class for 06 sgt exam and 1st class for 2011 Lt exam. Take qunsisback, say what you will about him but with an 81 he is the top 5 in this exam and if you do research will most likely see he was top of his other 2 exams. See my point, these magnificent 25 guys werent just magnificent on 11/23/13 but have been superior since inception. Even a guy with a 70 on this exam was probably in the top 25 of their sgt and Lt exam. Im sure stiggity was magnificent even in little league baseball. Take a moment to think of everyone you know who passed, were most of them at the top of the other lists? I bet you they were.

But what will happen on the next exam when the medium guys/gals like us take it. Will we have the magnificent 8? Its time to face the facts Im a middle age woman with two kids, im average not magnificent, Magnificent is my husband who watched the kids over the whole summer and fall so i could study. And now he is going to have to do it all over again. Going to summer family b.b.q's and having people ask him where xxxxx, oh she is studying for the captain exam, oh they say i thought she took that already.

Now the mag 25 are eligible for promotion on 6-29-14 i believe which would mean they would not have time to write our exam if it is in september, but if this gets pushed back to december we are in big trouble. They are going to take pride in writing a monster exam where only single digits passed.

I think the job is going to have to wait for the 2011 sgt exam guys to be eligible for the 2015 Lt exam then take the 2017 Capt exam before they get some top canidates.

Thre may be a Captain's exam every year just like the 06, 07, 08, 09 sgt exam, They only want the best of the best.

So stay strong J-Man, you are in good company.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

Well said

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

i hope jman doesnt pass ......a whiney c*** hopefully there is no throwouts

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

IgotUbabe wrote:

i hope jman doesnt pass ......a whiney c*** hopefully there is no throwouts


thats not nice. I don't wish bad things on you. I think we work close to each other, you should csm



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

JustTheFacts wrote:

An Inconvient Truth for JustTheFacts and J-Man

Lets say the next exam is September 2014 or October or November, and i think we all agree that the next test will be soon.

Who will be the magnificent 25 on that exam? I know J-Man doesn't like me calling them superior but that is what they are.

Correct me if im wrong but of the 25 passers most them were in the June 29th class or would have been if not passed over for lack of time. I would assume that of the magnificent 25 approx 15 of them were in the class with stiggity1.
Just think the igotubabe guy with 87 will most likely be number 1 on this exam. I dont know him but i assume he was probably number 1 on his sgt exam and top 10 on the 2011 Lt exam. Take stiggity, he was probably in the 1st class for 06 sgt exam and 1st class for 2011 Lt exam. Take qunsisohback, say what you will about him but with an 81 he is the top 5 in this exam and if you do research will most likely see he was top of his other 2 exams. See my point, these magnificent 25 guys werent just magnificent on 11/23/13 but have been superior since inception. Even a guy with a 70 on this exam was probably in the top 25 of their sgt and Lt exam. Im sure stiggity was magnificent even in little league baseball. Take a moment to think of everyone you know who passed, were most of them at the top of the other lists? I bet you they were.

But what will happen on the next exam when the medium guys/gals like us take it. Will we have the magnificent 8? Its time to face the facts Im a middle age woman with two kids, im average not magnificent, Magnificent is my husband who watched the kids over the whole summer and fall so i could study. And now he is going to have to do it all over again. Going to summer family b.b.q's and having people ask him where xxxxx, oh she is studying for the captain exam, oh they say i thought she took that already.

Now the mag 25 are eligible for promotion on 6-29-14 i believe which would mean they would not have time to write our exam if it is in september, but if this gets pushed back to december we are in big trouble. They are going to take pride in writing a monster exam where only single digits passed.

I think the job is going to have to wait for the 2011 sgt exam guys to be eligible for the 2015 Lt exam then take the 2017 Capt exam before they get some top canidates.

Thre may be a Captain's exam every year just like the 06, 07, 08, 09 sgt exam, They only want the best of the best.

So stay strong J-Man, you are in good company.


 there are guys in the top 10 on thier sgt list that barely made the 11 lt test or failed completely. I would have been in the first bmoc of sgt promotions in 2008 if i had more than three years on. I was in second bmoc class for 11 lt. test. Now I may miss this one. I give credit to those that passed but these tests are a crap shoot. Never standard never consistent. I know a captain promoted off 2003 sgt, 2006 lt and 2012 capt. All decent exams. Put him in 2011 lt and 2013 capt exams and he may still be a sgt. Nothing about these exams are predictable. Period



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Date:

Have faith, friends. The list of passers will increase based on history of past exams.  After protests, throwouts/doubles and seniority/medals/fitness etc. the list should double in size.  1534 grew from 241 to 600s.  M25 are safe and scores can only go up at this point, so wishing those who are on the fence good luck with the protests to get over the finish line, and hopefully this list at least doubles in size.  And quite a bit of those "verbatim passage" gems were vaguely worded and open to interpretation so at least 3 is not an unreasonable figure.  That's my 2 cents.  Good luck to all.  And despite if M25 or 70 and above, the guy/gal with a 70 still gets called 'Captain.'



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

I agree. The day of the protest I was the only person to sit there for 6 hours. While I cant tell you the maximum number of throwouts, I believe there is a minimum of 5.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Yes

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

Have you guys seen the ''Bill Bratton Transition Team'' finest message. I dont have it here to post but you will be getting a picture mail soon from your command.

It is a creation worthy of this site.

Guys are flipping out, mostly the special ops cops.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

JustTheFacts wrote:

Have you guys seen the ''Bill Bratton Transition Team'' finest message. I dont have it here to post but you will be getting a picture mail soon from your command.

It is a creation worthy of this site.

Guys are flipping out, mostly the special ops cops.


 Can you give us a synopsis?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Lew Bookman wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

Have you guys seen the ''Bill Bratton Transition Team'' finest message. I dont have it here to post but you will be getting a picture mail soon from your command.

It is a creation worthy of this site.

Guys are flipping out, mostly the special ops cops.


 Can you give us a synopsis?


 8 cars on patrol. 1 AC team, 1 conditions team per command. Must have 5 years otj for special ops positions. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

My command doesn't even have 8 working RMPs, lmao

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

hollar wrote:

My command doesn't even have 8 working RMPs, lmao


 My command doesn't have 8 cops with 5 years on the job that are interested in doing enforcement oriented police work.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

Wannabecaptain wrote:

 My command doesn't have 8 cops with 5 years on the job that are interested in doing enforcement oriented police work.


 I was thinking the same thing.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 326
Date:

Wannabecaptain wrote:
Lew Bookman wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

Have you guys seen the ''Bill Bratton Transition Team'' finest message. I dont have it here to post but you will be getting a picture mail soon from your command.

It is a creation worthy of this site.

Guys are flipping out, mostly the special ops cops.


 Can you give us a synopsis?


 8 cars on patrol. 1 AC team, 1 conditions team per command. Must have 5 years otj for special ops positions. 


Yeaaa, that message is a hoax. You are aware of that right? I'm sitting at the finest terminal and that serial number on it comes back to nada. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

That's a bogus message that is being sent around. They aren't even up to that serial number yet. Probably written by some disgruntled cop

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:
Wannabecaptain wrote:
Lew Bookman wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

Have you guys seen the ''Bill Bratton Transition Team'' finest message. I dont have it here to post but you will be getting a picture mail soon from your command.

It is a creation worthy of this site.

Guys are flipping out, mostly the special ops cops.


 Can you give us a synopsis?


 8 cars on patrol. 1 AC team, 1 conditions team per command. Must have 5 years otj for special ops positions. 


Yeaaa, that message is a hoax. You are aware of that right? I'm sitting at the finest terminal and that serial number on it comes back to nada. 


 No way it's a hoax. I know it's real because I posted it on rising star and a guy that read my post told another guy that I know and he texted me the same information to confirm. That's how rising star rumors work. 



-- Edited by Wannabecaptain on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 01:01:05 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

 

 



-- Edited by Wannabecaptain on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 01:00:28 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 326
Date:

^^^^ Niiice.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

We are back from holidays and wanted to share some information that i came accross. Take it for what it is worth but i ran into an old friend who has been assigned as a liasion by his bureau to prepare for the transition. He confirmed that yes the Bill Bratton Transition team, which is located in a trailer like structure outside the building as many of us already knew, has had limited access to the building and such is why he was assigned as a liasion. This friend is a ranking member who is on a current promotional list and naturally the topic of the conversation flowed towards the promotional exam topics.

First and foremost he seemed to think that approx 40 persons currently have above a 70 on our exam, he stated that 25 originally passed the exam but as a few group text messages stated on the night of the protests (3) questions were already changed by d.c.a.s (similar to the key on the 2011 Lieutenant exam) for grammar reasons. Im sorry but i don't have those questions numbers. J-Man may have them however. So a guy like Lewy Bookman may be part of the magnificent 40. I believe wannbecaptain has been saying all along that more than 25 passed so i hope he/she weighs in.

Secondly we talked about the changing of the rank structure. Im sure you heard the new P.C. wants to eliminate the D.I rank and add the coporal rank. The corporal rank was in place in the L.A.P.D under Bratton and the incoming powers that will be feel it could serve as a motivational tool for senior officers to take more pride in their career. It would be like most said a police officer specialist type position. No supervisory responsibility but more of a ''badge'' of honor. Im sure the P.B.A will have alot to say and work out with this.

Also discussed was what would happen to current Deputy Inspectors and how promotions would work. While the details still have to be worked out it appears that shortly after January 2014 deputy inspectors will be put on a 12 month executive evaluation period (E.E.P) where these captains of police who have been detailed to rank of deputy inspector will return to being a captain or get the bump to full bird. Once again im sure the C.E.A will have alot to say and work out with this. If im not mistaken the C.E.A president is a Deputy Inspector.

Lastly we talked about the furture of promotional exams which this site has addressed, and you are going to love this one. If the rank of D.I is eliminated then the rank after captain would be a full bird Inspector. They want to continue to have this be a discretionary promotion but also a civil service promotional exam- The promotion to Inspector exam. So there would be two ways to make it. Magnicient 25 dont throw away those books yet. You are not done with Yanosik yet.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

Were they changed or thrown out?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

Nice to see the board is back from the Christmas hiatus and hope everyone had a great holiday...now, back to business.

Just the Facts, you seem like a stand up person but I can guarantee you that some of the statements you just posted are incorrect. I know you put out the disclaimer that what you posted is "hearsay" but I can tell you that Commissioner Bratton and his transition team are not relegated to the trailers outside of headquarters.  The team has office space within HQ but I will refrain from posting their exact location because it is irrelevant.

I can't comment on the exact number of people passing but I heard the list is bigger than twenty-five (25) people but this information is not confirmed and take it for what it's worth...just a rumor.

In regard to the "corporal" rank, I personally don't see it coming here.  I would strongly suggest bringing back Police Officer Special Assignment.  This wouldn't cause any grievances with the unions because none of them would gain or lose members and a P.O. S/A would get ultimately what they want...more $$$.  Another positive would be bringing back some respect to the detective rank.  I have come across many "Detectives" that couldn't find a Jewish person in Israel, however, mention "The Grid" and watch what happens next.



-- Edited by Bronx Party Hat on Thursday 26th of December 2013 03:41:13 PM

__________________

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." (Abraham Lincoln)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

Im sorry Mr. Bookman i do not know the exact changes of throw outs or double or triple answers and the questiion numbers. I need points myself.

Bronx Party Hat, it seems we are on the same page regarding these rumors, It seems you approach information in a similar fashion as me....with caution. I think you are right on with the police officer specialist aka corporal. They may have to change the name to get it to pass with the P.B.A. That is kinda the direction the person i was speaking to was leaning towards.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

I urge all to read that post with caution, I always say nothing is confirmed until BRAT says so. Brat on the air?

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard