Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: How many will make this list?


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:
RE: How many will make this list?


At least the people on this board didn't give away any answers to the Sabbath observers this time.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

J Man wrote:

I got same information as stiggity 25 passed. No chance in hell its gonna stay at 25. Between that finest message that came down today and all other indicators say they're gonna need to have this list 80-100 names. Even more reason to crush the protest.


 One thing I have learned throughout the years, never say "No chance in hell" the department will or will not do something.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Lew Bookman wrote:
J Man wrote:

I got same information as stiggity 25 passed. No chance in hell its gonna stay at 25. Between that finest message that came down today and all other indicators say they're gonna need to have this list 80-100 names. Even more reason to crush the protest.


 One thing I have learned throughout the years, never say "No chance in hell" the department will or will not do something.


 Huh? Do what? Magically make the list bigger? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Like with my Lt listt where only 241 people passed with a raw score they made the list almost 700. they will have someone calculate how many captains they will need over the course of a few years and the amount of questions that need to be thrown out or given double answers to meet that number. my lieutenant test had I believe 5 throw out and 14 double answers and do I venture to say that it was as bad or actually better written than this captains test?

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

90x


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:

25 person list. Test next year. Get them books ready.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

J Man wrote:

Like with my Lt listt where only 241 people passed with a raw score they made the list almost 700. they will have someone calculate how many captains they will need over the course of a few years and the amount of questions that need to be thrown out or given double answers to meet that number. my lieutenant test had I believe 5 throw out and 14 double answers and do I venture to say that it was as bad or actually better written than this captains test?


 Okay...I'm gonna repeat this one last time. There is no mysterious "they". I don't know who you guys think "they" is...DCAS? the Police Department? A genie hiding behind a curtain? This is the truth....no one calculates how many questions should be thrown out, no one calculates how big a list they need to make. It just doesn't work like that. Whether or not 0 questions get manipulated, or 20 get changed...is completely up to the review panel that votes on the protests.

From experience...

No one gives them any direction or tells them "hey guys, we need to fatten up this list, can you toss a few more out." Two Captains, and one representative from DCAS will go through each submitted protest and vote on the legitimacy of said protest. They are completely independent in their decision making.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 197
Date:

Stiggy if they don't get it by now; I feel bad for them if they get promoted to Captain. I totally agree with u. I know from experience as well!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Time will tell, and I may be wrong, but I do not believe a list of twenty five will exist, regardless of the protest session or what captains review the protests. Period

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

What Stiggy says is correct. However, I'm curious to see what this job is gng to do between what looks like a possible mass exodus of the executive rank within the next 6 months to a year if you read the article from the Daily News:

www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bratton-nypd-supervisors-resumes-article-1.1544100


Between 29 people left on the current list and the most likely case of 25 passers on this exam, this job is gng to have issues i believe with filling the executive positions if this new P.C. is calling for the resumes of all the inspectors and above on this job. This obviously can lead to large movement within this job, with many of these executives facing an undesirable outcome like a post change they dont like, ultimately them deciding to retire. If big bosses are forced off, their spots will be filled by someone. As spots and more spots are filled, the will be a shortage somewhere. There will be many spots having to be filled by the small guy (the captain), and to fill his/her shoes, which most likely was a X.O. spot somewhere or a C.O. captain spot, who is gng to replace them with a such a small pool?? Something is gng to happen regarding the captain exam, whether it be this one or a future one. This job is not gng to have a choice i believe...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

My guess [based on zero personal expirience but based on what several capts and above have said to me] is that if there is no serious protest, as was the case in the 2012 exam, a list of 25 is possible. On the other hand, assuming there is a serious protest, and one with good arguments - in the past, there has been pressure put on those that review and substantiate these protests to ensure there are enough people on an eligible list to fill vacancies. The test writers in their infinite stupidity have done a major disservice to the job with this exam. Assuming a mass exodus occurs they will not have enough people to fill vacancies. This could be wishful thinking, but several people agree, we may see another 2010 capt / 2011 Lt exam situation where the list of those who passed initially doubles after protest.

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

yeah but what are we doing about it? im gonna go to the protest but my brain is mush after that bull****. why don't we get a good list of protests together so we are on the same page. it would probly help

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

25 is 100% possible. If no questions are thrown out the list will have 25 names. And ....they're 100% wrong...no pressure is put on the panel to toss questions. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

15 on 2010 Capt...19 on 2011 lt test. Seems excessive

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

RayFinkel wrote:

yeah but what are we doing about it? im gonna go to the protest but my brain is mush after that bull****. why don't we get a good list of protests together so we are on the same page. it would probly help


 I've been speaking to many of you each day. I have a master list  



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

Jman inbox me



-- Edited by RayFinkel on Thursday 12th of December 2013 04:05:40 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

stiggityone wrote:

25 is 100% possible. If no questions are thrown out the list will have 25 names. And ....they're 100% wrong...no pressure is put on the panel to toss questions. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about.


 Stigity thats not exactly true. Dcas attorney have to potentially defend the results of the board in an article 78 hearing. They review all protests. And they have sway over what gets tossed......



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Yup....okay....sounds good...I'll play along with conspiracy theory fantasy world...
Tomorrow Bratton is gonna put together a panel that will look to see which questions...if thrown out...will add the most names to the list. Those questions will be thrown out, guaranteeing that everyone who posts in this forum makes the list. That's what THEY want. It's 100% true. My Inspector, who last took a promotional exam in 1997 told me so, so it must be true.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

stiggityone wrote:

Yup....okay....sounds good...I'll play along with conspiracy theory fantasy world...
Tomorrow Bratton is gonna put together a panel that will look to see which questions...if thrown out...will add the most names to the list. Those questions will be thrown out, guaranteeing that everyone who posts in this forum makes the list. That's what THEY want. It's 100% true. My Inspector, who last took a promotional exam in 1997 told me so, so it must be true.


 Sounds legit. Can brat confirm? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

There should be no argument about whether certain lists are manipulated...

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

J Man wrote:

There should be no argument about whether certain lists are manipulated...


 Many lists are manipulated, but not because some boss hiding behind the grassy knoll instructs the review board to toss out extra questions. Come on...you guys are better than this.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

However it happens by whoevers authority it happens

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Holy **** dude...I'm ****ing telling u it doesn't. I hope u pass bro but stop grasping at straws...this worse than the Sergeant's forum. Next thing you'll say is that you heard from the precinct broom that the test is getting thrown out

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Grasping at straws? In 2010 captain test fifteen questions tossed, becomes newsworthy and list doubles....2011 lieutenant test, five tossed fourteen double answers list almost triples. It happens more often than it doesn't. Nobody cares who manipulates the list or why or when.....the fact is it happens and with any hope it happens this time.

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

I agree
Give it up bro... Just hope for the best... But believing that the exam will be manipulated to increase the the size of the list is like a Cop thinking remaining a PO is the best thing since slice bread

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

First Time poster here, I have been hearing from multiple sources that the ''Next Test'' is scheduled for 09/20/2014. Can any reliable sources confirm.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Yup....that date is being tossed around.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 197
Date:

FYI: That post re a 9/2014 is from another person. Their screen name is all one word, OnPointInfo. Was NOT ME!!!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1370
Date:

OnPointInfo wrote:

First Time poster here, I have been hearing from multiple sources that the ''Next Test'' is scheduled for 09/20/2014. Can any reliable sources confirm.


 This all feels like a nightmare lol.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

let's turn this test into the 2010 captains test and get 15 questions tosed

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

I love Jman's perseverance! We are all still in it until after throwouts; that I agree with! 



__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

1Under wrote:

I love Jman's perseverance! We are all still in it until after throwouts; that I agree with! 


 evileye



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

I wanted to apoligize to the real On Point Info, i just signed up and did not realize i used your screen name. I will change it after this post.

I did however research one the questions asked in the forum regarding the passing rate for the sunday 11/24/13 test takers.

On 11/23/13 22 passed of 387=5.7%
On 11/24/13 3 passed of 37=8.1%

That would show ''cheating'' was not a factor and credits this forum with not posting questions.

Just a Reminder 13 people have still not taken the test due military deployment, illness, etc... They have until Sunday March 23rd 2014 to take Exam 4500, if they are unable to take it by March 23rd they would be inelligible.

This is common with every exam and is why you saw names appear on the 2011 Lieutenant's exam after the list was final.

One final point Our final list was ''scheduled'' to be released in May 2014 as an email to each command however please don't hold me to it since many things may change with the Honorable William Bratton.

This is the ''Newbie'' OnPointInfo and not the real one.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Date:

Do we still think
only 25 passed?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

I'm sorry Stiggy I cannot take anything you say serious with that picture of the genius on your profile. Lol as far as the 25...I personally know 4 others who passed and seen several on this board also. I feel like there is more than 25.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 316
Date:

BimpGod wrote:

I'm sorry Stiggy I cannot take anything you say serious with that picture of the genius on your profile. Lol as far as the 25...I personally know 4 others who passed and seen several on this board also. I feel like there is more than 25.


 I don't know.. there may still be a low number like 25. Think about it, the guys that check this board and post obsessively (like me) are the hardcore studiers. A lot of "passers" on here may be the majority of passers in general



__________________




Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

The only number that matters is the number who pass after final key released. 2011 Lt test 241 after protest over 600. Congrats to all of you who passed this cold without a protest, you deserve it.

__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

I don't mean to distract us from the protest today, but many of us have heard that they already threw out 3 questions and now the list is up in the 40-50 range. I think you would agree that was the word yesterday floating around. At last check i still had the same numbers that 22 passed on the session#1, 3 passed on session on 11/24 and there was only a limited number of people left to take the exam (13). So even if all 13 passed, and they all haven't even taken yet, that would still be short.

I'm going run over to the protest then when i get back to ''The Building'' i will investigate if this 3 throw-out rumor is true. I hate to kiss up to stiggityone, but he is correct in saying that it is an independent review process that does not take into account the fact that they need xxx amount of canidates. Basically no throw-outs can happen until the question is protested and reviewed.

But in all honesty anything can happen. On the famous 2011 Lieutenant Exam if we remember when the proposed answer key came out it had double answers if i remember correctly, and this was before the protest.

Good luck and see you at the protest. I will look into the size of the current list as soon as i return.

Either way, Just the Facts.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 66
Date:

What questions were thrown out already? I didn't see anyone post that.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

You can kiss up to me Justthefacts...I don't mind

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

Shwangtwang, I did not hear any specific question numbers of the throw-outs in the rumor-mill but the word was yesterday that 3 were already thrown out and the list in the 40-50 range. I'm sure just a rumor. Never fear i will still verify this later. While it is unlikely im not dismissing it yet.

Either way, Just the Facts.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 66
Date:

Just curious which ones, I got a 67 so I could use all the help I can get.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

Just the facts; where are your numbers coming from regarding those passing on sat and sun etc?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Walter H White wrote:

Just the facts; where are your numbers coming from regarding those passing on sat and sun etc?


 Don't let facts get in the way of a good rising star rumor please. The list is 25, 3 questions are already tossed, and "they" are gonna throw out the appropriate questions to double the list and ensure that an unnamed chief's friend gets promoted. I also just heard from a good source that 21 out of the 25 passers are inside skirts and I believe it even though I know at least 3 Bronx SOLs that passed.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

Wannabecaptain wrote:
Walter H White wrote:

Just the facts; where are your numbers coming from regarding those passing on sat and sun etc?


 Don't let facts get in the way of a good rising star rumor please. The list is 25, 3 questions are already tossed, and "they" are gonna throw out the appropriate questions to double the list and ensure that an unnamed chief's friend gets promoted. I also just heard from a good source that 21 out of the 25 passers are inside skirts and I believe it even though I know at least 3 Bronx SOLs that passed.


all of you sound so ridiculous.  There is no list, as there are no passers, as there are no failures. The final key is not released until the protest is over. The protest is reviewed by two captains that apparently aren't chosen by a "they" or "them" but by the same computer used for random dole.   If the result of the protest is similar to my lt test the sky is the limit on throw outs



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Hope for the best...prepare for the worst. That's all you can do at this point

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 289
Date:

doh Dole tests aren't so Random Fella...evileye



__________________

~ 20 Years to Get The White Shirt, That's The Goal!  ~



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 314
Date:

TheFinest911 wrote:

doh Dole tests aren't so Random Fella...evileye


 exactly my point



__________________

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

Sorry for the delay but as promised i have gotten back to us by the end of the business day, i looked into how many confirmed passers there are and any throw-outs yet. It seems to be still at 25 passers and no throw-outs as of yet. Im sure there will be some throw-outs when the final key is released but no changes have been made to the prosed key as of yet.

Just as J-Man Said- The final key is not released until the protest is over.

I will continue to investigate but i don't think i will have protest info until after the protest.

Sorry.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

JustTheFacts wrote:

Sorry for the delay but as promised i have gotten back to us by the end of the business day, i looked into how many confirmed passers there are and any throw-outs yet. It seems to be still at 25 passers and no throw-outs as of yet. Im sure there will be some throw-outs when the final key is released but no changes have been made to the prosed key as of yet.

Just as J-Man Said- The final key is not released until the protest is over.

I will continue to investigate but i don't think i will have protest info until after the protest.

Sorry.


Ironic user name considering the nature of the information you provide. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1550
Date:

Stiggity,

your screen name doesn't look right without Lenny "The Genius" Poffo



__________________

67 on 2015 Lt Exam. DISGRACE!

 

Lt Exam Wars

Episode II : Vucinaj Strikes Back

2017

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard