Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Is The Key the only school?


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:
Is The Key the only school?


Is The key the only school giving live classes?

Elite hasn't posted any info about a Captains course... RS not doing live classes...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

Elite definately will. He said he was working on schedule and booking locations. Should come down this week. 



__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Come on bro...you're better than this.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 523
Date:

I don't want to attend live classes, maybe if I can stream classes and watch it at home and study. But if many have that mindset, you won't get enough people to fill a classroom to prepare for this exam...

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Is going too be a competitive exam... At least 400 deep the list

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:

hollar wrote:

Is going too be a competitive exam... At least 400 deep the list


 You really think so? Maybe signing up for the exam, but I can't see that many taking it serious.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 338
Date:

hollar wrote:

Is going too be a competitive exam... At least 400 deep the list


 I can't picture a 400 person list, unless they make it ridiculously easy.  Look at the numbers - since the last Cpt's exam, how many new Lt's are there?  I don't think it's enough to make that significant of a difference.  I'm sure there will be plenty of guys with 7-10 years on that will study their asses off, but I can't picture the number being anywhere near 400.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

academy doing an on-line thing again............shooting for an august start



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

hollar wrote:

Is going too be a competitive exam... At least 400 deep the list


 You're smoking something man.  No way the list surpasses 200.....MAX.  However, 400 may sign up for it - Yes.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 313
Date:

No way. I don't think 400 will even sign up. Then some won't even go. Most wont study.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1370
Date:

infinity wrote:

No way. I don't think 400 will even sign up. Then some won't even go. Most wont study.


 Agree, I see the list being in the 100's at best.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

Can this test even be passed with only 5 months of studying since we have to know the A.G. as well?

__________________
90x


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:

Right now I think Elite is up to 46 people who signed up so far. So I'm sure it's gonna be a couple hundred signing up for the test.



-- Edited by 90x on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 01:34:55 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Date:

All you need on this test is a 70...5 months should be plenty.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

This is why i tell everyone NOT to wait until they announce an exam...........everyone out there KNEW they were going to have a Captain's exam sometime in the near future, even if only based on the fact that they have a list of only 64 names. 

But most people wont even LOOK at a book until the Finest comes down..............shame on everyone who waits for that annoucement. 

Take some initative and start before then and you can have that extra time to study that you claim the job didnt provide for you !!!!!!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

infinity wrote:

No way. I don't think 400 will even sign up. Then some won't even go. Most wont study.


 I just signed up for Key and my "student ID number" is in the 50's. Even if the same amount signed up for Yano's class, that's about 100-150 people even bothering to attend classes. This will probably be another small list.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

I was thinking about taking the test but I still need to finish up my degree. I'm thinking it's going to take me 2 years going part time.  If they get through the list before I finish my Degree, will I still get promoted once I get my degree or would I have to take the next exam?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

Gomery2898 wrote:

I was thinking about taking the test but I still need to finish up my degree. I'm thinking it's going to take me 2 years going part time.  If they get through the list before I finish my Degree, will I still get promoted once I get my degree or would I have to take the next exam?


 If you dont have the credits by the time the list is exhausted or died, you will die on the list. The only time that they would legitimately come back to you is if you are a qualified candidate without the time in rank. 



__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

1Under wrote:
Gomery2898 wrote:

I was thinking about taking the test but I still need to finish up my degree. I'm thinking it's going to take me 2 years going part time.  If they get through the list before I finish my Degree, will I still get promoted once I get my degree or would I have to take the next exam?


 If you dont have the credits by the time the list is exhausted or died, you will die on the list. The only time that they would legitimately come back to you is if you are a qualified candidate without the time in rank.  The job will not wait for you to graduate and earn Summa Cum Laude to promote you 

 


 



__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

1Under wrote:
1Under wrote:
Gomery2898 wrote:

I was thinking about taking the test but I still need to finish up my degree. I'm thinking it's going to take me 2 years going part time.  If they get through the list before I finish my Degree, will I still get promoted once I get my degree or would I have to take the next exam?


 If you dont have the credits by the time the list is exhausted or died, you will die on the list. The only time that they would legitimately come back to you is if you are a qualified candidate without the time in rank.  The job will not wait for you to graduate and earn Summa Cum Laude to promote you 

 LOL. Thanks, that's what I figured. I guess the question now is will they exhaust the list in two years time. 


 


 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

Gomery2898 wrote:
1Under wrote:
1Under wrote:
Gomery2898 wrote:

I was thinking about taking the test but I still need to finish up my degree. I'm thinking it's going to take me 2 years going part time.  If they get through the list before I finish my Degree, will I still get promoted once I get my degree or would I have to take the next exam?


 If you dont have the credits by the time the list is exhausted or died, you will die on the list. The only time that they would legitimately come back to you is if you are a qualified candidate without the time in rank.  The job will not wait for you to graduate and earn Summa Cum Laude to promote you 

 LOL. Thanks, that's what I figured. I guess the question now is will they exhaust the list in two years time. 


The way things are going, this current list is probably going to be exhausted by my guesstimation maximum mid to late next year. thats when they would start our list (2013 Capt) and depending how big the list is it may take 2-3 years.  So you are looking at in total anywhere from approximately 3-4 years to exhaust the 2013 Captains list. This is obviously pure speculation. 


 


 



__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

All depends on the size of the 2013 list

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

How is this new current list gng to last until the middle to late next year? There are 63 people on it and 17 are gng to get promoted on June 28. That is roughly 1/3 of the list. I honestly wouldnt be surprised that, if this upcoming test has the same amount of people, that they will give another exam at the end of next year or early 2015



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

HotMessBoogerCookie wrote:

How is this new current list gng to last until the middle to late next year? There are 63 people on it and 17 are gng to get promoted on June 28. That is roughly 1/3 of the list. I honestly wouldnt be surprised that, if this upcoming test has the same amount of people, that they will give another exam at the end of next year or early 2015

 guessˇtiˇmate 

Pronunciation: \ges-t-mt\
Function: noun
Etymology: blend of guess andestimate
Date: 1923

: an estimate usually made without adequate information

 



__________________
One under; Firearm recovered!


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

For those people who were recently promoted or are soon going to be made - AND are going to take the captains test.....

Wondering who is going to study just enough to pass since you have to wait the 2 years to get promoted anyway

List will have a lot of skip overs for this same reason.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

Yes i understand what a guestimate is....just saying your guestimate is a pretty poor one biggrin



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

Agreed. There will be another test before four years. That's crazy talk

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard