Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: How many will file?


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 338
Date:
How many will file?


Around 500 people filed for the 2010 exam and 400 for the 2012 exam.  Anyone think the 200-250 new Lieutenants will bolster the number that will register for the upcoming exam or will it be in the same range?  I'm still on the fence about it, but I feel like I have to try once.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 313
Date:

I'd guess around 5-600

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

not me !!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

I think you should give it a shot Brat. What's one Last test for it all. Taking tests and moving up shows a drive for change, and that's why people that reach your position got there.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

I'm old, tired, have my 20, and am in a good spot..........I think I will ride into the sunset as a Lieutenant..........if the rank wasn't so thankless I might try, but doing so would put me over 25 before I collected all I should, and I don't want to be tied into that.............but who knows, i may show to sit and take it, but not sure i'd take the rank



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

I've learned that every Pct is different, every Borough is an island on their own, and not all details are created equal. I think it's where you land when u get promoted. My old Lieutenant got promoted to Captain and got sent to Housing, and he's having a blast. He said its not busy enough. I say to each there own. It's all about where you go. I say sit, take it, pass it, get placed, then decide.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

Brat- This is the son if Xavier! I have an objective credible reason for you to take the captains test! The son of Xavier has spoken

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Date:

image.jpgTheSonofXavier wrote:

Brat- This is the son if Xavier! I have an objective credible reason for you to take the captains test! The son of Xavier has spoken


 



-- Edited by Bronx Party Hat on Sunday 28th of April 2013 11:13:28 PM

Attachments
__________________

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." (Abraham Lincoln)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

You will start seeing a lot more people taking to Captains exam now that the rank is getting younger and younger a good amount of Lieutenants were hired after July 2000 and there last year is pensionable only.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 313
Date:

Over 100 people at key class last night

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

I'm telling ya.... The list isn't going too be short... 75 signed up for Elite last time I checked

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 878
Date:

Thats a whopping 175 ppl that signed up for the classes. Half wont be there come august. This list will not surpass 150

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Don't count out those who do home study, pay per class...

And that's only 100 on day 1 they still have 3 other locations this week

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

166 signed up per EST's LEarning Management System. Lets call it 200 and ill give The Key about the same. I think 500 max signed up for this exam.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

Any word on how many filed yet?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

The promotions at the end if the month will leave 36
Captains left on the current list or about 3 more classes
If most of the people taking this test are from 1534 how the hell
Are they going to promote captains when many will not have the time in rank when
This current list is exhausted? The first round of promotees
Hit 2 years next June!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1370
Date:

1534sux wrote:

The promotions at the end if the month will leave 36
Captains left on the current list or about 3 more classes
If most of the people taking this test are from 1534 how the hell
Are they going to promote captains when many will not have the time in rank when
This current list is exhausted? The first round of promotees
Hit 2 years next June!


 I have been discussing this same issue with a couple of friends.  It's going to be very interesting.  Perhaps they can ignore the 2 years in rank requirement (just speculating). 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

wereinbacklog wrote:
1534sux wrote:

The promotions at the end if the month will leave 36
Captains left on the current list or about 3 more classes
If most of the people taking this test are from 1534 how the hell
Are they going to promote captains when many will not have the time in rank when
This current list is exhausted? The first round of promotees
Hit 2 years next June!


 I have been discussing this same issue with a couple of friends.  It's going to be very interesting.  Perhaps they can ignore the 2 years in rank requirement (just speculating). 


 I've been wondering the same thing. I would normally say that ignoring/dropping the 2 years in rank requirement will never happen but they may have no choice. I have a funny feeling that this upcoming capt's exam is going to be a ground ball. But even if it is it's not going to solve the 2 years in rank issue. I just hope I'm not wasting my time studying for this exam.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1370
Date:

Gomery2898 wrote:
wereinbacklog wrote:
1534sux wrote:

The promotions at the end if the month will leave 36
Captains left on the current list or about 3 more classes
If most of the people taking this test are from 1534 how the hell
Are they going to promote captains when many will not have the time in rank when
This current list is exhausted? The first round of promotees
Hit 2 years next June!


 I have been discussing this same issue with a couple of friends.  It's going to be very interesting.  Perhaps they can ignore the 2 years in rank requirement (just speculating). 


 I've been wondering the same thing. I would normally say that ignoring/dropping the 2 years in rank requirement will never happen but they may have no choice. I have a funny feeling that this upcoming capt's exam is going to be a ground ball. But even if it is it's not going to solve the 2 years in rank issue. I just hope I'm not wasting my time studying for this exam.


 Don't see them doing so either but would venture to guess that the majority of candidates passing this exam will be from the 2011 Lieutenant's exam.  We are going to see a lot of passovers and a couple of months without Captain promotions if they finish off the current list early.  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

How many registered for the exam?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

I was recently promoted and am going to take the test
However at the risk of Yanosik piercing my scrotum with his three
Ring binder I'm not going to study to get a 100.
Ill take a 75 and sit back and wait out my 2 year layover

I don't think the 2 years in rank will be waived rather
People will be promoted from all over the list.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 727
Date:

Still no word on how many filed?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1370
Date:

I've had no luck finding out

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 313
Date:



-- Edited by infinity on Monday 12th of August 2013 11:34:24 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

500



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

confirmed?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

pretty much



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

Damn.....Brat, you took the last captain exam....was it straightforward for studiers or a rubix cube like the 2011 LT exam?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

The last exam was good........but that has NO bearing on the next one 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard