We are now taking orders for the 2023 Lieutenant Exam! Only $349 for "Just the Questions" or bundle with The Key's full course for $995 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order your Rising Star Course for $349 or Rising Star AND The Key for $995. Classes begin August

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Elite strategic training VS The Key


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:
RE: Elite strategic training VS The Key


Can I purchase just the questions from rising star? Or do they come mixed in a packet like the key? When do this questions and in basket become available for purchase.? Right away or couple of months into the classes?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

No matter what course you choose to take, you still need to put in the time and effort to pass. I went with the Key only because of the days/times the class was offered. I ended up being glad with the Key, and I passed. Capt. Mifsud makes the class somewhat enjoyable as we all know the material can be somewhat boring. He also brought up similarities in past procedures as we went along the coursework.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

FranknBeans wrote:

Key!. Bartoszeck and DI shea. Made the patrol guide plain English. Everything they focused on in the cram was on the test.i hated rising stars questions. I also suggest KSA mock exam just so that you learn how to pace yourself.


 rising star is def not for everyone, they are good for those looking to get 90+ on the exam.  If all you are looking to do is make the list, then reading the patrol guide and doing ? here and there should work.  Rising star questions are def not the type that you can do in the rmp, gotta set some time aside and concentrate. Once you understand why u got it wrong, u wont get it wrong again.  When I first came on I also went to PASS.  I havent seen them around for a while, guess they went under?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1080
Date:

KSA actually did not go under LOL.  I know the retired inspector who still makes great questions.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 535
Date:

I took the key and passed with a good score. Whatever you end up taking just don't give up half way through and throw your money away. Don't treat the classes like a social event with a bunch of friends. Keep reading and be consistent and you will be fine.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

I took the key, but will be using a different school for LT. More than likely, I'm going with no classes and just the packets. I'm a little older, waited longer than most and have a family to provide for, so I don't need the motivation provided by the classes that some people might need to keep them focused. Not that it's a bad thing to need classes, that's what they are for.



-- Edited by AirborneGuy on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 02:10:23 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Date:

CryTwoSeven wrote:

I took the key and passed with a good score. Whatever you end up taking just don't give up half way through and throw your money away. Don't treat the classes like a social event with a bunch of friends. Keep reading and be consistent and you will be fine.


I will defenetly be consistent GOD willing. Thank you for the advice.goodluck moving foward.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

The going to classes to "get motivated" does not work for me. My motivation was MAKING THE LIST! That said, doing the study at home (i used rising star) doesn't mean that they give you everything at once, they still mailed out weekly lessons, which was my gauge. If the next week lesson is in the mail box it means I had to step up my studying to finish last week's lesson so that I'm on track.  It's called TIME MANAGEMENT! something I'm finally able to do after 32 years.



-- Edited by jill72 on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 02:56:21 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Disagree, classes for motivation....? Lol.....

Personally fast track cleared, simplified the PG... Great questions, good online content....

Motivation??? Wow....

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

I'm not an arguer on this site. I have friends who have said that the classes gave them motivation to continue. If that's not the case for you, than we're in agreement. Everyone should do what works best for them when it comes to studying for promotion.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

jill72 wrote:

 It's called TIME MANAGEMENT! something I'm finally able to do after 32 years.



-- Edited by jill72 on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 02:56:21 AM


 Basically, this is my point. Some people can do it for themselves, others need the structure of the classes to keep the in the game. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 839
Date:

I highly recommend the rising star questions. They were the only school to actually have judgement type questions and an area on judgement. No one else did. The key is very well done and organized. They go in order 202-203-204 ect... They will talk about some like procedures but pretty much stick to the order. Also they have questions just at the back and there booklets of by the numbers , legal bulletins and interim orders is amazing. For whatever reason there was 0 questions on interim orders last Lt exam but i would still make sure to know them. I feel that Fast track has there guides just mumbled together. Different instructors do different sections and they are all just attached together. It is very sloppy. That being said, i do feel that Yanisak is amazing. He is the only one who seems to really care at Fast Track and does crazy stuff to help you remember things like standing on chairs ect....Yanisak now has elitestrategictraining so he branched off by himself i guess. Maybe he realized how haphazard the rest of the Fast track instructors were and the guides. Yes they have the total guide that people go nutz over. REAlity, Who cares, It is really just the entire patrol guide with some extra comments. You do not need to get the whole patrol guide from Fast Track, there are many other places. KSA questions are decent and Academy question sI feel is a good start but tend to be on the easy side. You can not go wrong with Rising star questions and KEY class. Whatever you do make sure you actually take the time to at least read every single procedure at least once.

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

Personally I'm going with elite. Mike Yanosik really puts the time into preparing his students and truly cares about you passing. You also can not beat having the option of going at your own pace and doing everything online, and watching the video tapes from his class so it feels like you are there and did not miss anything. As far as the rising start questions, does anyone know when they become available for purchase, or do you have to purchase the entire course?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Actually there's a big difference between Yanosik's guide & PG, all the updates, revoked procedures, I.O. are added in.... Is not the same, lol.... Comparison it too the PG in the intranet... Yank Guide is simple, and accurate....

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

I felt that the Academy questions were really on point. It was my feeling when I walked out of the exam that I had seen probably 20-30 questions on the test that had been covered by similar academy hand out questions. YMMV but like I said to me the academy questions were the most on point that I used.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Date:

Cfgl1888 wrote:

I felt that the Academy questions were really on point. It was my feeling when I walked out of the exam that I had seen probably 20-30 questions on the test that had been covered by similar academy hand out questions. YMMV but like I said to me the academy questions were the most on point that I used.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 The Academy questions were on point because the test was right down the middle.  The problem is, not all exams are right down the middle. Some years they are, other years they are extremely difficult. I always studied as if they are going to give a difficult exam.  If they don't, you still do well. If they do, you also do well.  If you study as if they were going to give a ground baller and they do give you a ground baller, you do well. If it's not a ground baller, you're screwed.



__________________
eze


Co-Founder/Owner Rising Star

Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Date:

Introducing Rising Star's limited live classes covering: How to study for the 2013 Sergeant Exam; test-taking techniques; tricks exam writers use; overview of the In-Basket; Legal Bureau bulletin overview; exam-day preparation; hands-on exercise on how to break down recent Interim Orders and PG procedures to increase retention; and much more.



This foundation class will teach you how to study effectively and efficiently. We will show you how to attack a test question, organize your study material, how to outline patrol guide procedures, etc.



When:

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mansion on Broadway (Knights of Columbus)

139 North Broadway

White Plains, NY 10603

Day: 0930x1330 Evening: 1700x2100



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Saint Andrews Roman Catholic Church (1 block from 1 PP)

20 Cardinal Hayes Place

New York, NY, 10007



Day: 0930x1330 Evening: 1830x2230



Saturday, January 26, 2013

Knights of Columbus (Grand Ballroom)

1305 86th Street

Brooklyn, New York 11228



Day only: 0930x1330



Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Hyde Park Knights of Columbus

1000 Marcus Avenue

New Hyde Park, NY 11040



Day: 0930x1330 Evening: 1700x2100



Price: Included in your study-at-home tuition of $499 or $40 at the door.



-- Edited by eze on Saturday 8th of December 2012 07:11:31 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

http://www.elitestrategictraining.com/exams/sergeants-exam-exam-announced.html

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 380
Date:

That's a lot of money.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 839
Date:

Not if u want the position, a few hundred dollars is worth it.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1550
Date:

CryTwoSeven wrote:

I took the key and passed with a good score. Whatever you end up taking just don't give up half way through and throw your money away. Don't treat the classes like a social event with a bunch of friends. Keep reading and be consistent and you will be fine.


 Cry27 said it best. Too many mother****ers go to that class thinking its a ****ing ****tail party.



__________________

67 on 2015 Lt Exam. DISGRACE!

 

Lt Exam Wars

Episode II : Vucinaj Strikes Back

2017



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 128
Date:

Who wants to know chief izzo/ former iab and other aliases "Real name"?... last month he made the mistake of mentioning that he scored an 84.xx after all the decimal points were added .....
- up to that date there were only 5 guys with an 84.xx that were next on the list....
-OUT OF THESE 5 GUYS ..... ONLY 1 entered BMOC.
So we dont need to be a genious .. Chief Izzo is the only one with an 84.xx on the 2012 DECEMBER BMOC.
... Now ladies and gentlemen.. it only takes a couple of minutes to do a process of elimination.

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

It's hard to tell people who are undecided as to what course they want to take which one will be best for them. There are a few factors that can go into choosing a course such as price, times available to go to class, etc. I chose the key because it was cheaper than fast track and because I was not able to make the fast track classes which started too early. The key worked out great for me as I obtained a list# in the 600's. Comparing the two classes in terms of their material I thought the key was alot better. They broke down each section of the patrol guide and presented it in a way that made it easy to read and showed the material exactly how they would ask it on the test. Now of course everyone who took other courses and passed will swear by the one they took and thats understandable so my best advice would be this. The two major ones are obviously the key and fast track. These are also the courses you want to take if you want to attend class as opposed to just home study. Pay for an individual class for each course and see how you like it. Study both packets and see which one you find easier to read and choose from there. The only class I was able to go to had an instructor that was just awful. I couldn't stand him and I stopped going because it was just a waste of time. Many of the key instructors were good though however most days they just simply read the packet which can be done at home. I would strongly urge people to just stick with one program though. Don't mix fast track with key material as I feel it is just too much and can become overwhelming. The amount you have to study is overwhelming to begin with there is no need to read material from multiple courses. Questions are the only thing I would use from multiple classes. Do as many questions as possible it is very helpful. And last but not least, and many will probably disagree with me. Don't read the patrol guide!!!!! This is the one thing I regret doing. The key instructors insisted you still needed to read the patrol guide and I completely disagree. If you take the key then just read their packets over and over again. There is nothing on the test that was not covered in key material. If you dont take the key or fast track then you have no choice but to read it, but I strongly regret doing it as I could've spent the time I used reading the patrol guide reading the key packet again or doing more questions.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 969
Date:

674TDTD wrote:

It's hard to tell people who are undecided as to what course they want to take which one will be best for them. There are a few factors that can go into choosing a course such as price, times available to go to class, etc. I chose the key because it was cheaper than fast track and because I was not able to make the fast track classes which started too early. The key worked out great for me as I obtained a list# in the 600's. Comparing the two classes in terms of their material I thought the key was alot better. They broke down each section of the patrol guide and presented it in a way that made it easy to read and showed the material exactly how they would ask it on the test. Now of course everyone who took other courses and passed will swear by the one they took and thats understandable so my best advice would be this. The two major ones are obviously the key and fast track. These are also the courses you want to take if you want to attend class as opposed to just home study. Pay for an individual class for each course and see how you like it. Study both packets and see which one you find easier to read and choose from there. The only class I was able to go to had an instructor that was just awful. I couldn't stand him and I stopped going because it was just a waste of time. Many of the key instructors were good though however most days they just simply read the packet which can be done at home. I would strongly urge people to just stick with one program though. Don't mix fast track with key material as I feel it is just too much and can become overwhelming. The amount you have to study is overwhelming to begin with there is no need to read material from multiple courses. Questions are the only thing I would use from multiple classes. Do as many questions as possible it is very helpful. And last but not least, and many will probably disagree with me. Don't read the patrol guide!!!!! This is the one thing I regret doing. The key instructors insisted you still needed to read the patrol guide and I completely disagree. If you take the key then just read their packets over and over again. There is nothing on the test that was not covered in key material. If you dont take the key or fast track then you have no choice but to read it, but I strongly regret doing it as I could've spent the time I used reading the patrol guide reading the key packet again or doing more questions.


 we all got different ways of studying....but i will say one thing that I DISAGREE with you. To not read the patrol guide.....and i truly mean this. Not reading the patrol guide is the difference between someone getting top 10 and someone getting in the 600's. To each their own, some dont care....some do. To base your studying on the packets is playing a crap shoot. If that material is NOT on the test, you just wasted time and money. But studying the patrol guide and understanding it, give you the ability to cover any possible question they can throw at you. Alot of ppl wonder how to pass these tests and more importantly how do well? simple...understand the patrol guide and memorize it.....some cant understand that thing, then i would recommend not studying it



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

sgt2be wrote:
674TDTD wrote:

It's hard to tell people who are undecided as to what course they want to take which one will be best for them. There are a few factors that can go into choosing a course such as price, times available to go to class, etc. I chose the key because it was cheaper than fast track and because I was not able to make the fast track classes which started too early. The key worked out great for me as I obtained a list# in the 600's. Comparing the two classes in terms of their material I thought the key was alot better. They broke down each section of the patrol guide and presented it in a way that made it easy to read and showed the material exactly how they would ask it on the test. Now of course everyone who took other courses and passed will swear by the one they took and thats understandable so my best advice would be this. The two major ones are obviously the key and fast track. These are also the courses you want to take if you want to attend class as opposed to just home study. Pay for an individual class for each course and see how you like it. Study both packets and see which one you find easier to read and choose from there. The only class I was able to go to had an instructor that was just awful. I couldn't stand him and I stopped going because it was just a waste of time. Many of the key instructors were good though however most days they just simply read the packet which can be done at home. I would strongly urge people to just stick with one program though. Don't mix fast track with key material as I feel it is just too much and can become overwhelming. The amount you have to study is overwhelming to begin with there is no need to read material from multiple courses. Questions are the only thing I would use from multiple classes. Do as many questions as possible it is very helpful. And last but not least, and many will probably disagree with me. Don't read the patrol guide!!!!! This is the one thing I regret doing. The key instructors insisted you still needed to read the patrol guide and I completely disagree. If you take the key then just read their packets over and over again. There is nothing on the test that was not covered in key material. If you dont take the key or fast track then you have no choice but to read it, but I strongly regret doing it as I could've spent the time I used reading the patrol guide reading the key packet again or doing more questions.


 we all got different ways of studying....but i will say one thing that I DISAGREE with you. To not read the patrol guide.....and i truly mean this. Not reading the patrol guide is the difference between someone getting top 10 and someone getting in the 600's. To each their own, some dont care....some do. To base your studying on the packets is playing a crap shoot. If that material is NOT on the test, you just wasted time and money. But studying the patrol guide and understanding it, give you the ability to cover any possible question they can throw at you. Alot of ppl wonder how to pass these tests and more importantly how do well? simple...understand the patrol guide and memorize it.....some cant understand that thing, then i would recommend not studying it


Understandable.  I knew people would disagree and thats fine.  I wont say that reading the patrol guide will hurt you.  However I will disagree in saying that the patrol guide is the difference between the 600's and top 10.  That to me makes no sense.  The amount of time you dedicate to studying, your method of study and your ability to memorize is the difference between a great score and simply a passing score.  I read the patrol guide once.  I could've read it 10x and I would not have gotten a top 10 score.  Getting a top 10 score is a great goal to have, but ultimately the goal here is to just pass.  I was lucky enough to have been able to study without having to worry about a wife and kids.  Unfortunately not so many people are as lucky to have as much time as I had.  Therefore the limited time you have to study should be used wisely, and because I know the key material was so thorough, I know I would've been able to pass without reading the patrol guide.  The key covers so much information that the odds of them not covering a signifcant amount of questions on the test can't be too high.  Although the LT's test may be a different story based on the last one.  If you feel reading the patrol guide helps then by all means read it. Like I said in my last post what works for one person may not work for the next. I just feel that you can acheive a good score without it.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 380
Date:

The Key was great for me. I only went over the patrol guide once. The rest was the key and I scored in the top 500.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 969
Date:

674TDTD wrote:
sgt2be wrote:
674TDTD wrote:

It's hard to tell people who are undecided as to what course they want to take which one will be best for them. There are a few factors that can go into choosing a course such as price, times available to go to class, etc. I chose the key because it was cheaper than fast track and because I was not able to make the fast track classes which started too early. The key worked out great for me as I obtained a list# in the 600's. Comparing the two classes in terms of their material I thought the key was alot better. They broke down each section of the patrol guide and presented it in a way that made it easy to read and showed the material exactly how they would ask it on the test. Now of course everyone who took other courses and passed will swear by the one they took and thats understandable so my best advice would be this. The two major ones are obviously the key and fast track. These are also the courses you want to take if you want to attend class as opposed to just home study. Pay for an individual class for each course and see how you like it. Study both packets and see which one you find easier to read and choose from there. The only class I was able to go to had an instructor that was just awful. I couldn't stand him and I stopped going because it was just a waste of time. Many of the key instructors were good though however most days they just simply read the packet which can be done at home. I would strongly urge people to just stick with one program though. Don't mix fast track with key material as I feel it is just too much and can become overwhelming. The amount you have to study is overwhelming to begin with there is no need to read material from multiple courses. Questions are the only thing I would use from multiple classes. Do as many questions as possible it is very helpful. And last but not least, and many will probably disagree with me. Don't read the patrol guide!!!!! This is the one thing I regret doing. The key instructors insisted you still needed to read the patrol guide and I completely disagree. If you take the key then just read their packets over and over again. There is nothing on the test that was not covered in key material. If you dont take the key or fast track then you have no choice but to read it, but I strongly regret doing it as I could've spent the time I used reading the patrol guide reading the key packet again or doing more questions.


 we all got different ways of studying....but i will say one thing that I DISAGREE with you. To not read the patrol guide.....and i truly mean this. Not reading the patrol guide is the difference between someone getting top 10 and someone getting in the 600's. To each their own, some dont care....some do. To base your studying on the packets is playing a crap shoot. If that material is NOT on the test, you just wasted time and money. But studying the patrol guide and understanding it, give you the ability to cover any possible question they can throw at you. Alot of ppl wonder how to pass these tests and more importantly how do well? simple...understand the patrol guide and memorize it.....some cant understand that thing, then i would recommend not studying it


Understandable.  I knew people would disagree and thats fine.  I wont say that reading the patrol guide will hurt you.  However I will disagree in saying that the patrol guide is the difference between the 600's and top 10.  That to me makes no sense.  The amount of time you dedicate to studying, your method of study and your ability to memorize is the difference between a great score and simply a passing score.  I read the patrol guide once.  I could've read it 10x and I would not have gotten a top 10 score.  Getting a top 10 score is a great goal to have, but ultimately the goal here is to just pass.  I was lucky enough to have been able to study without having to worry about a wife and kids.  Unfortunately not so many people are as lucky to have as much time as I had.  Therefore the limited time you have to study should be used wisely, and because I know the key material was so thorough, I know I would've been able to pass without reading the patrol guide.  The key covers so much information that the odds of them not covering a signifcant amount of questions on the test can't be too high.  Although the LT's test may be a different story based on the last one.  If you feel reading the patrol guide helps then by all means read it. Like I said in my last post what works for one person may not work for the next. I just feel that you can acheive a good score without it.


 problem is when you study the notes, you bank on those notes being on the test. Odds say you will see most of the stuff on there. But what happens if you dont??? just wasted 700 dollars and 6 months. Studying the patrol guide, they cant sneak anything pass you!!! youll know all the info



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 839
Date:

unless you took the 2011 LT exam, had very few actual patrol guide questions, snuck plenty past most of us, lol.

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

I have my own business and I used the services of this company to create a user-friendly interface for my website. Only business development is not only a convenient and high-quality interface. Personally, I recently discovered a good way to improve my business here https://www.alert-software.com/blog/top-down-communication . This is a company that deals with alerts for business. With their technology, I can send important information to multiple employees. I think that is the sum of all these changes and innovations, I can increase the level of development of my business.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us