It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: whats the chances of this list being cut


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


Obvious troll post... This topic should be deleted.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:
RE: June 8, 2013 and the possible rammifications.


If I were among the 1200 I too would take the classes. Hell, you can use the knowledge towards the Lt's exam if need be. Either way, I too believe this list will be shafted so the best way to be prepared is to take the June 2013 exam and double your chances. Either way it is a win win for anyone on the 2011 list.

__________________

cinematography_heads.gif



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


Onthearm blow me your a tool!! Another Internet toughguy

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

If I had to guess I think 1300 is the cut off for sure. Anyone after 1300 should definitely take the next exam.

__________________

cinematography_heads.gif



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Date:

No tough guy here just mature and trying to help those who u idiots like to worry. No problem this is obviously a mickey mouse forum. Again good luck to all including u clowns.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

So your a sgt yet still look at this forum? Honestly get a life loser.

__________________
HB


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 486
Date:
RE: June 8, 2013 and the possible rammifications.


Ppl WILL DIE on the list. Like i said all along!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


Its funny how all the trolls come out at once. They post nonsense and every shake box on this forum starts to go on suicide watch.

Everyone needs to relax, since when is our list getting cut because they are giving another exam in 2013?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 535
Date:
RE: June 8, 2013 and the possible rammifications.


If they cut this list in 1 year than why no one is talking about cutting the LT list in 1 year?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 173
Date:

HB wrote:

Ppl WILL DIE on the list. Like i said all along!


 Wah!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 173
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


Zookeeper6 wrote:

So your a sgt yet still look at this forum? Honestly get a life loser.


 Alot of us still look at this forum even though we are Sgts.  It's called married life, and an escape from it LOL!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

HOUSEROCKER YOU ARE A SHAM!!!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

no one can be certain that the list will be cut until it happens. However, I must say that I feel this test is being given to soon. Just something I heard and of course its not confirmed is that the PC isn't happy with the list being bottom heavy. As some one mentioned earlier in the forum supposedly the dept wants the "cream of the crop" higher scores rather then lower ones.... I am up in the air in regards to this but I am starting to feel that this list will indeed get cut. If you have list number 1200 and up or are in a situation where you cant get promoted for a while.. jammed up.. I would recommend taking this next test just in case.. Just my opinion



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:

Just study again and take the exam again. just think of it that you are studying for the Lt exam

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:

Everybody will be made from 2011. By June 2013, list should be at least 900. End of year by 1300. List should be exhausted by May 2014, thus starting new list. ...My predictions. Don't worry, everybody will be made, because if they cut the list, there will be a lawsuit holding up the new list. Everybody will be made, don't worry.

The Lt list was cut because it lasted 4 years, not because they wanted to cut it.

If you chose to study again and retake it, you have that right. Many people retake the exams and still get promoted off their original list.

Don't worry, everybody will get promoted.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Thats horrible advise!!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

Due to new developments I would not bank on everyone getting promoted off of this list.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 847
Date:

Lists being established do not translate to lists being activated. Clearly no one remembers the 2009 list being held 14 months after being established for the 2008 list to finish. The only motivation the dept has to create a new list is to promote this full list. Not cut. So silly these forums topics. This dept has never cut since establishing a passing grade any list and they don't intend on starting with our list considering people on the LT and captains list have lower grades on average. Our list is 1/3 done and it's only 7 months old. What's that tell you? It's a 2 year list. They need a new list to promote from. 10,00 total eligible retirees with in 3 years plus 630+ Sergeants promoted to Lieutenant. The dept from what I see will probably just break even with sgts in rank by 2015.

-- Edited by Semp1 on Sunday 2nd of December 2012 04:54:01 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 535
Date:

You guys are a bunch of shake boxes. The list will not get cut. Relax

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 345
Date:

I say list gets cut at around 1663 lol

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

I'm not on your sergeants list pal. I'm just passing on the info that everyone might not make it. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 403
Date:

You people listen to these idiots.they also said that the test was being thrown out.they also said that we would never get to 500 on this list.they also said no throw outs.they also said no class for april may june july august september october.cmon man now your gonna take the next test and they will tell u the same wake up.

-- Edited by queensfinest on Sunday 2nd of December 2012 07:05:12 PM

__________________
HB


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 486
Date:

Funny how when i said the list was going to be cut everybody jumped down my throat. Fast forward a few months later and now you guys are making threads about what # will the list be cut at. Funny how the tables have turned and ppl are starting to squirm!!!

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

After seeing a list of 1663 names and then seeing some of the names on the list it's apparent that the job gave an easy test. It's not because everyone studied hard or because there were a lot of people that took the exam. These guys are in for a rude awakening when they take the next LT test if the job doesnt decide to throw them another ground ball. Guys in my command studied 20 minutes a day at the TS and passed.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1550
Date:
June 8, 2013 and the possible rammifications.


EdITED



-- Edited by Su Madre 24 on Sunday 2nd of December 2012 10:18:49 PM

__________________

67 on 2015 Lt Exam. DISGRACE!

 

Lt Exam Wars

Episode II : Vucinaj Strikes Back

2017

HB


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 486
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


PlasticMan wrote:

After seeing a list of 1663 names and then seeing some of the names on the list it's apparent that the job gave an easy test. It's not because everyone studied hard or because there were a lot of people that took the exam. These guys are in for a rude awakening when they take the next LT test if the job doesnt decide to throw them another ground ball. Guys in my command studied 20 minutes a day at the TS and passed.


I agree. I personally knew a cop who barely studied. Def didnt study enough to pass a legit Sgts test and she ended up scoring an 86. Even she was shocked. Lol

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:

here comes the hater brigade...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

So strange. I'll never get used to the attitudes that come out with this argument. Weird.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Date:

Delete this post, way too many trolls.

__________________

Disclaimer: 'Regular' Elite -***NOT*** a 'True' Elite.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Date:

Troll!

__________________

Disclaimer: 'Regular' Elite -***NOT*** a 'True' Elite.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Date:
RE: June 8, 2013 and the possible rammifications.


Troll!

__________________

Disclaimer: 'Regular' Elite -***NOT*** a 'True' Elite.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 535
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


Still don't get it
My arguments

1. Da Job has already promoted up to 25% of this list in only 7 months.
2. Next year we have more retirements which means more promotions
3. The LT list is moving pretty fast and it's Just going to free up more empty SGt spots that will need to be filled within the next 2 years
4. Now with the new exam people don't remember that when the 2009 test came out, they just started to promote from the 2008 test. So basically the job had a 700+ list and still put out another test. I believe the 2009 people waited 2 years to see any movement.
5. By next year this list will be up close to 1000 putting it in the same situation when the 2009 list came out.
6. And finally the haters. Trolls are one thing but I see most of the hate are coming from already promoted SGTs which I have no idea why they would want to hate. Guys are probably the first ones to cry when your 28 is denied or when the job forces you to do a double/tour change because the SGT man power is very low. I see it happen all the time but yet you hating at the idea of more sgts getting promoted. More sgts = more spots to fill so you can relax n have a day off or a easy day at work and not overwhelmed. I would embrace the idea of more sgts getting promoted from this list next year. But I guess all haters know how to do is hater. And that I really don't know what to tell those types of people. But I guess we all know them and we are going to continue to deal with them n all u can do is move on.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 173
Date:

We eat our own. Who needs enemies on the street, when its clear by some of these posts, we hate on each other.

But when one of us passes away, you throw on that black band like you give a crap, but you don't b/c in reality they are just a dumb idiot who never who of passes a real test, right?

Disgraceful, karma.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:

Also no one has accounted for the fact that in Jan 2014 there will be a change in dictatorship and who knows how that will affect promotions.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

Obviously people like Cry27 and Semp1 only see what they want to see. Why hold the 2009 Sgts exam as an example and not tel the entire truth about it. Yes the 2009 list was established and delayed for about a year but it was because of the lawsuits and not because the job was waiting for the latter exam to expire.

If you are going to use an event to bolster your argument then please by all means tell us the entire event and not bits and pieces. The 2011 exam has yet to manifest any lawsuits but that does not mean that they will not come later on as soon as the 2013 exam list is established. I am guessing that lawsuits no longer are being allowed to delay the promotional process which was evident in the last Lt's exam where upon the lawsuits were bulldozed and the list was terminated regardless.

Some of you keep selling pipe dreams. It is better to know the entire truth than to believe in a fool's errand. This exam has all the ear markings of an exam that will be cut short and if you can not understand or accept the possibility they you have no business becoming a future sgt. You are better off staying a 5 year cop on patrol.

__________________

cinematography_heads.gif



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:
RE: June 8, 2013 and the possible rammifications.


There is a huge possibility that this exam will be cut. To ignore this possibility is to be retarded.

__________________

cinematography_heads.gif



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:

the world is gonna end 12/12/2012 so it doesn't matter

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Date:
RE: Around what number will the 2011 Sgt list will be Cut.


Troll alert!

__________________

Disclaimer: 'Regular' Elite -***NOT*** a 'True' Elite.



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:

Well said queens

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

True queen. Did realize that.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 189
Date:

It's such a joke that people feel the need to come here and say how "easy" our test was. Hate on haters... I passed this test and you know what they call me? Sergeant, just like they call you for passing your test. Honestly, some people need to get hobbies.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

AhouseRocker wrote:

We eat our own. Who needs enemies on the street, when its clear by some of these posts, we hate on each other.

But when one of us passes away, you throw on that black band like you give a crap, but you don't b/c in reality they are just a dumb idiot who never who of passes a real test, right?

Disgraceful, karma.


Couldn't have said it better. It's disgusting. But nothing surprises me anymore in the Ray Kelly police dept.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 847
Date:

There was never any law suits holding the 2008 or 2009 Sgt's exam up. The law suit from the 2006 LT exam did not affect the Sgts exam in any way what so ever. If you're going to troll do it right. The city does not cut short exam lists before the 4 year mark granted to lists since passing grades were implemented. Until you find me a test the city has then your argument holds no weight. Until then there's not one example you can use. To say "it will happen" is definitely crazier than saying it won't at this point.

-- Edited by Semp1 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 06:02:17 PM

-- Edited by Semp1 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 10:16:53 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 847
Date:

What law suits held the 2009 list up? Nothing held it up, and if there was one it didn't affect the flow of either list. The 2008 list wasn't even 700 sgt's, and the 2009 list wasn't even 800 sgt's. Both list were fully intended to get promoted. Not one law suit prevented either list from getting cut. The last class of the 2008 list and first class of the 2009 list were combined to one BMOC affectively finishing the 08 list and starting the 09 list in Oct/Nov 2010.

-- Edited by Semp1 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 06:27:29 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 847
Date:

Being part of a law suit does not mean it held a list up. Because it didn't. Read my above post. I didn't say there were none. I said if there was one it did not affect either list.

-- Edited by Semp1 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 06:39:11 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:

Sorry Semp1, baldy is right. I was part of one of the lawsuits of 2009.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:

Semp, not to be rude, but do u even know what you are talking about half the time. You basically said there were no lawsuits holding the 2009 exam up and I tell you that i was part of one and you still stick to your guns and say that there were none. Wow!

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

LOL. I was just thinking the same thing about Semp1. All he does is come on here trying so hard to sound like he knows what he's talking about but all he's doing is spreading misinformation.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:

Look at all of semp1's posts, what misinformation has he spread? He's been right on so far. Hasn't said anything unreasonable

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Date:

10-2UponCompletion wrote:

LOL. I was just thinking the same thing about Semp1. All he does is come on here trying so hard to sound like he knows what he's talking about but all he's doing is spreading misinformation.


Troll!

__________________

Disclaimer: 'Regular' Elite -***NOT*** a 'True' Elite.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 68  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us