Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: LAWYER ON STAND BY


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:
RE: LAWYER ON STAND BY


AMEN!!!!!!! PROTEST PROTEST I WILL BE THERE I AM READY I HAVE WORKING ON THIS PROTEST THE SAME DAY AS THE EXAM. PROTEST, WE WILL DO WELL.



__________________
WORK HARD


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:

IF THE PROTEST DOES NOT GO OUR WAY I AM WITH GETTING A LAWYER, AND HAVE THOSE QUESTION THROWOUT. I AM NOT WITH HAVING THE EXAM TOSS. BUT I AM ALL FOR HAVING QUESTION TOSSED.



__________________
WORK HARD


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

Do u guys think they will throw out the ones I need ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 407
Date:

IIsn't that the ultimate question drunk? lol.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

They sent out a revision notice and they should have included that book they used in the notice so that we could read it. It's really not right and that book is only based on opinion. They can not get away with this.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

oneadditional wrote:

They sent out a revision notice and they should have included that book they used in the notice so that we could read it. It's really not right and that book is only based on opinion. They can not get away with this.


 has anyone actually checked to see if anything from this book was actually referenced?

 

Nothing wrong with testing decision-making, they told you that they were.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

The book was used. I spoke to someone involved in the test prep but at the same time how is your decision better than mine even if the book was not used. Where is it written that your choice is more correct ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

oneadditional wrote:
Where is it written that your choice is more correct ?

 On the answer key.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date:

First of all, I scored a 68 but I am not gonna waste my time on protesting. I studied my a** off for 7 months and I was on the top of the list of 2006 SGT's exam. I am ESL but I got most of grammar and judgement questions right. I think it is a fair but difficult exam. Just because we studied hard doesn't necessary mean u r gonna pass. so stop bitching and moaning and face the reality: maybe we r not as smart as we thought we were. Majority of us got most of PG questions wrong, u know why? Because they made them hard, they incorporated multiple procedures into one question instead of just one. And u know why everybody scored high on the 06 Lt exam rewrite? Because they went over every single question during the lesson plans so anybody who studied the booklet would find the rewrite to be easy. If we had to blame someone, it will be the schools. Instead of preparing us for the Exam, they focused too much on the previous stuff already been tested. In another words, instead of teaching us how to take the test, they just tell us what they think was gonna be on the test. I do feel sorry for everyone who missed it by 2 or 3 points including myself, but think about it, no matter how easy they make the test, there will still be people just missed it by a few points. Just suck it up and be prepare for the next one. For people who scored a 60, think about it, u got 40% questions wrong! That means for every two questions, u got almost one wrong! Maybe u should have studied a little harder, or smarter ! don't u think? Maybe it is time for all of us who failed the test, to start to reevaluate the whole thing instead of blaming on everybody but ourself! Sorry for the non standard English! I did my best. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

__________________
FNM


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

I am all open to getting the entire exam tossed.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Date:

Nofurther you are wrong. I don't think that it's a our fault for the low passing rate. I got 70 on this test after studying for eight months. I did more studying for this exam than most Lts did for their tests and I still barley passed. I know the Capt. and one Lt who wrote that test and I think they are not smarter than most UMOS. They had no clue that some of those judgment questions voilated the PG.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:

The judgement may be hard to fight,  I did not do the best on it, and do not agree with this test at all.  I did overlook the amended NOE but took it lightly.  The anwsers to judgment are right in the NOE.  I hope we do get more than not thrown out and I will be there at the Protest.  Protesting what ever questions we can to help everyone.  

 

The test may also include questions which require the use of any of the following abilities:

Analytical Thinking: Analyzing information and using logic to  address specific work-related issues and problems; involves the identification of problems, not implementation of solutions.

Judgment & Decision-Making: Reviewing information to develop and evaluate the relative costs and benefitsof potential solutions to problems and choosing the most appropriate one; implementing a course of actiondetermined by thinking analytically.  While similar to Planning & Organizing, Judgment and Decision-Makingare typically applied over a shorter time frame.

Planning & Organizing: Establishing a method of execution to accomplish a specific goal over an extended period of time; determining appropriate assignments and allocation of resources.   

Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job; managing employees needed to accomplish tasks.

Time Management: Managing ones time and the time of others in order to promote effective use of work hours.

Stress Tolerance: Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.

Written Comprehension: Understanding the information and ideas presented in written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.   

 Written Expression: Appropriately communicating information and ideas in written words and sentences so intended audience will understand.

 Persuading & Influencing Others: Causing others to change or modify their opinions, views or behaviors using a variety of strategies.

 Conflict Resolution: Negotiating with others to resolve grievances or conflicts and handle complaints by developing a constructive solution.

 Concern For Others: Acting in a manner sensitive to others needs and feelings while being understanding and helpful on the job; showing consideration.

 Teamwork: Developing mutual trust and cooperation while working together toward the accomplishment of  a common goal or outcome.

 Integrity: Acting in an honest and ethical manner.

 Dependability: Fulfilling obligations and acting in a reliable, responsible and dependable manner.

  Initiative & Independence: Displaying a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges, while developing ones ways of doing things and guiding oneself with little or no supervision.

Attention to Detail: Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.

 Self Control: Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

The point is they took question from a book and did not say they were doing so. If you are going to use a book you must site it so we can read it and especially a book based on OPINION and not FACT.

__________________
HB


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 486
Date:

DCAS OPINION IS NO MORE RIGHT THEN MINE

__________________
HB


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 486
Date:

Opinion- A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 407
Date:

To: Shnaggles1, stop with the none sense hard to fight crap. They need to be challenged in court. Rising star staff themselves stated how can they grade these questions without a source of reference. Enough with the propaganda. Bottom line is they need to be challenged.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

The NOE did not reference a dictionary or grammar book. I think you should sue for the use of "words" and "sentences" on the test.



-- Edited by okeedokee on Saturday 26th of November 2011 09:43:35 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Date:

hey stop talking about that book....... i read that book and those judgment questions did not come from there END OF STORY get your facts together before spreading rumors



-- Edited by SHTIRLITZ on Sunday 27th of November 2011 03:55:50 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

Actually they did use the book. I spoke to someone involved with the test and the schools even acknowledged that the book was used for the test so I don't know what book you read.

__________________
HB


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 486
Date:

The book was used. I read some of it after the test. And also i dont know why ppl are saying the answer for the paa question is to send her home. Thats not the answer. According to the book it says to replace her with one of you own personnel -aka ADO.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:

HB wrote:

The book was used. I read some of it after the test. And also i dont know why ppl are saying the answer for the paa question is to send her home. Thats not the answer. According to the book it says to replace her with one of you own personnel -aka ADO.


 to replace with ADO? ok problem solved for right now. What abt tomorrow? i dont know what Q # it was but in my opinion the answer should be to assign some1 to her and train her till she feels she can do it by herself



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Date:

Well if HB is correct then this question is ripe for a protest because replacing someone will only cause problems. Every time this biatch wants to get out of doing work she will just sit there and cry until you replace her with someone else. She should be trained until she is more comfortable with her job.

Just like when I send my cops to do the property run to the boro and they tell me they don't know how to do it. I tell them, well here is the perfect opportunity to learn! They sit there and learn it for as long as it takes. Then they will do it tomorrow night as well.



-- Edited by Inspector71 on Sunday 27th of November 2011 02:30:31 PM

__________________

"We don't choose to shoot people. People choose for us to shoot them." Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd

 

"The best way to not get shot by a New York City police officer is not carry a gun and not raise that gun toward them," William Bratton 

jp


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

There was already someone else assigned to the 124 room with her. If i remember correctly, the question stated that she went sick.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

NYG37 wrote:

I wish, more people had my mentality. It seems guys just want to give up and do nothing about this. Its plain wrong. Job can not defend these judgement questions. Its as simple as it gets. Yes for these who got them right, i understand you have nothing to gain but to say that they were fair is wrong. Just because someones opinion coincided with yours don't make it right. Obviously i'm not gonna be able to sue on my own, and rely on others for support to pay the bloodsuckers, but i feel there's definitely the case here. I'm done preaching, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.


 i agree. and i also think we should sue to make the city give the test on the same day for everyone, regardless of religion. why should people be afforded a 2 week period in which they can search the forums for answers/hints?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

HB wrote:

Me and a couple of my buddies got in touch with a lawyer today in regards to the rumor going around. For those who didnt hear the rumor... The rumor is DCAS only plans to throw out a handful of questions regardless of our protest and make a small list with a test to follow shortly after. Well according the the lawyer he stated that is illegal. Basically if we protest 12 questions. Make valid points on each question DCAS has no choice but to address it. If the 12 questions have double answers or throw outs DCAS HAS TO FIX IT. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE. If for some reason the rumor becomes a reality this lawyer is willing to sue on our behalf. According to him it violates some type of civil service law. He is on stand by to after the throw outs/ doubles are announced. He helped out other civil service employees from different agencies in the past. DCAS would be stupid to not address the questions that deserve their attention. Anybody interested in joining pm me.

-- Edited by HB on Friday 25th of November 2011 03:55:27 PM

-- Edited by HB on Friday 25th of November 2011 04:15:10 PM


why dont you ask him to protest the fact that they give the test on 3 different dates? since he is on standby (I am willing to donate to the cause) can he find make the city to find a date to give the test where everyone can all take it at the same time?

 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

I need a lawyer close to where I live because I have not found an excellent option to help me take my case, I found some good ones, but they are far from my city, I need them to recommend lawyers in San Diego or some good ones at a distance I really prefer it to be local, because that way I will have better communication with him and above all that it will be a faster deal, I suppose. Some people recommend me to visit this link and there is a good one.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard