Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: NEXT 4 BMOC CLASSES


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:
RE: NEXT 4 BMOC CLASSES


Anyone know how many 5 yr wonders got passed over and should be in dec class? Hows 140 looking for Dec?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:



-- Edited by gnfnr on Saturday 13th of November 2010 08:22:20 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

gnfnr wrote:

Anyone know how many 5 yr wonders got passed over and should be in dec class? Hows 140 looking for Dec?




Well you're 71 away and 18 got passed over from 1-69.  9 for not having 5 yrs and 9 for who knows what. From 69-140 there are at least 2 that got promoted already so you're really at 69.  It's possible if they put in a class of say 75.  If they put another 63 class prob not.  Good Luck



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY THINK THEY ARE GONNA KEEP PROMOTING AFTER THE NEW YEAR? I CANT SEE THAT HAPPENING. THOUGH I CAN SEE IT TAKING UP TO JULY TO GET TO #250 ON THE LIST ....

-- Edited by zoo-master on Saturday 13th of November 2010 06:21:22 PM

-- Edited by zoo-master on Saturday 13th of November 2010 06:22:11 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

I can see them not promoting for another 3 months after the dec class

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Date:

btkx15 wrote:

I can see them not promoting for another 3 months after the dec class



Does anyone know if they gonna give another sergeants exam?

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

I didn't ask him where he got the info but my ICO told me lieutenant exam around March 2012, an sergeant exam in 2013, this guy never talks rumors but whatever, just relaying what he said. No sense in stressing when the next class is, bottom line it's out of our control, try an enjoy the fact that ya on a list, alotta cops don't have any light at the end of their tunnel. That being said I think the highest list number at phase one was around 120, an they said pretty much everyone at phase one was good to go for the next class, so I hope their right.
Stay safe an stay positive guys

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Rumor is 50-60 going in December. After that it's anyone guess. I will say I think January and February will go by w/out a Sgt BMOC class and March being the first one of 2011. Hopefully I'm wrong and they continue promoting like they have the last couple of months because I'm nowhere near the beginning so the faster they move the list the faster I get promoted.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Date:

I'm on the list and I'm in no rush cause making boss means no more collars for dollars...

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

There is supposedly a large class set for retirement in April. My guess is they will determine how many new sergeants they will need by how many are retiring. Good luck to everyone.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

HardExam wrote:

I'm on the list and I'm in no rush cause making boss means no more collars for dollars...



That is the truth.. I'm looking forward to promotion but not looking forward to losing the OT.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

ill take the money hit any day at this point..i still got a while to go it looks like

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

Boss in Manhattan is making more than PO with all the Ot they give out. Anywhere else it's def a pay cut until top pay.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 221
Date:

Thats money for anti terrorist type stuff... Thanks for the advice but I'd rather work in hell than be on CNN

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

a lot of it is crv, but theres street fairs, parades, demos etc especially in the summer. plus governs island has something every weekend in the summer. I'm a bklyn guy, but as boss I def think manhattans the way to go

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Date:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT. FIRST YEAR SERGEANT WITH 5 T0 9 YEARS MAKE 79+ WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE. A COP IS 76+. SO INDEED A BOSS MAKES MORE MONEY. YOU CANNOT COMPARE INCLUDED OVERTIME SALARY WITH A NO OVERTIME SALARY. THIS JUST MAKE NO SENSE. IT'S ONLY FAIR IF YOU WORK MORE TO GET COMPENSATED MORE. bUT AGAIN, WHEN COMPARING THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT A COP DO, I THINK IT'S ALMOST 95% MORE THAN WHAT A BOSS DO. so WHO DO YOU THINK IS AN A BETTER POSITION. i WIILL TAKE THE OVERTIME PAY CUT. WORK LESS MAKE MORE.

__________________
mrtmisc


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

Well said nohook

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:

PO pay is 76+ but we are w/out a contract so when we will get the retro for 3% or 4% for this year it will be 79 just as the Sgt's pay. Also PO's 5 year Longevity is higher the the Sgt's. So when we add it all up after we get the retro, PO's pay is higher then the Sgt's unless we get 2% or less

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:

you really think you will get 3 or 4.......

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

NO ARRESTS, NO SUMMONSES....AMEN BROTHER.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

nohook wrote:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT. FIRST YEAR SERGEANT WITH 5 T0 9 YEARS MAKE 79+ WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE. A COP IS 76+. SO INDEED A BOSS MAKES MORE MONEY. YOU CANNOT COMPARE INCLUDED OVERTIME SALARY WITH A NO OVERTIME SALARY. THIS JUST MAKE NO SENSE. IT'S ONLY FAIR IF YOU WORK MORE TO GET COMPENSATED MORE. bUT AGAIN, WHEN COMPARING THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT A COP DO, I THINK IT'S ALMOST 95% MORE THAN WHAT A BOSS DO. so WHO DO YOU THINK IS AN A BETTER POSITION. i WIILL TAKE THE OVERTIME PAY CUT. WORK LESS MAKE MORE.



First you're right.  It's not really a pay cut, but what we were talking about are cops who do lots of OT.  I myself am at $105K so far for the year.  I'll prob end at 115-120k.  As a sgt the opportunity to make that much overtime (we all understand it's more work) is not as easy/likely.  Unless you work in manhattan where there is more OT available.
So for people who have mortgages and are used to bringing in a certain amount, they are going to take a little hit for 3 years.  Top pay sgt tho is about equivalent to a 300 hr per year top pay cop.   Then you truly are at an advantage.
PS There is no way they are getting 3-4 % unless they're out of contract for the next 6 years.  I'm thinking they're gonna wait 2 years then offer a 2 & 1 or 2 & 2.  Or may just get 0.  Hope I'm wrong.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

Firstly, I see the writing on the wall to save money. The department is trying to automate and computerize as much as possible. Also, as far as arrests go, bosses are turning over arrests as much as possible to gut overtime. If you look at details, many are staffed with straight time guys whereas in the past they were all or at least mostly staffed with RDO guys. I have said in a past post that the department hired some bean counter ( I think that guy was the former mayor of Indianapolis) to scrutinize overtime and any other way to save money. In the long run, getting promoted is the only way of securing a pay raise and padding your pension. All of the new pension tiers will not allow or at least cap how much overtime can be added to your pension. In the end, being a boss on this job is the way to go. For the OT hounds, it might be rough the first 3 years, but I think even they will be grateful when they get promoted in the long run. I have yet to meet a supervisor that thought getting promoted was a bad move. Anyways, good luck to everyone here. Stay safe and stay out of trouble. We will all get promoted off this list sooner or later.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Did the SBA longevity increase along with the PBA's or will there really be a longevity $$ cut with promotion?

Right now my longevity is $215... according to the SBA site it's $185 for a 5-year Sgt. Not huge, but it is a cut.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

lol, u guys remind me of the cop with time on doing traffic asking me why I'm studying in the locker room during meal cuz cops make more than sergeants. Guess what, he lost his detail an he's standing on a school post now...we all took the test for a reason, to be treated better, stay focused guys dont beat ya selves up over percentages.

Where are all our 2009 guys in BMOC now? No new rumors???

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Date:

Apparently they forgot about us...or we are screwed

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

I never said getting promoted was a bad thing. I'm glad I did. Best move I ever made. Just saying bill payment wise, it'll be rough the first couple years not being able to control my OT.
As for rumors, all I've heard so far is 60-70 on Dec 13. Also the good news for Dec guys is they're not working Christmas or New Years. They said they wouldn't be sent out to the New Years detail.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

Hi there: BAD NEWS for the guys who are on the list to go after the December class (including myself). Maybe it is a good news for all the OT guys out there. As of now there WILL BE December class and there WILL NOT BE January class. The next scheduled promotion class after December  is scheduled for April 2011.

-- Edited by 5Traffic on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 02:10:42 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:

5Traffic- How reliable is your info?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

the person was right in regards to the 2008 list and the beginning of our list. It is not for sure, because it can change as we will get closer to the end of the year. like anything else on this job everything can change on the daily basis. i will know more in about two weeks. AGAIN THIS CAN CHANGE ANYTIME WITHOUT NOTICE. NOBODY KNOWS 100%.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

I just spoke with Little Bobbito. From what he said decmber will be the last class until summer. The department has promoted too many sergeants and no one is retiring. So the list will be stagnant for awhile. Supposedly they are only gonna promote 60-70 during the entire summer.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

5Traffic wrote:

Hi there: BAD NEWS for the guys who are on the list to go after the December class (including myself). Maybe it is a good news for all the OT guys out there. As of now there WILL BE December class and there WILL NOT BE January class. The next scheduled promotion class after December  is scheduled for April 2011.

-- Edited by 5Traffic on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 02:10:42 AM



Unfortunately, if I was a betting man, I believe that you are probably right. It is going to come down to the budget and how many cops we get. Things can change, but anyone not promoted by December (including myself) best get comfortable where we are at. The economy is still a mess so people aren't exactly leaving in droves. But again, there is supposedly a large class scheduled for retirement in April, so we will have to see.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

Ok, just heard from Little Bobbito again. He has never said something to start a rumor so I tale it for what its worth. In 2011 there will be only one summer class for sergeants. The only reason they are even promoting a december class is to gt to Chief's relative. This will be one of the slowest moving lists in the history of the dept. And there is actually a legit chance if ur over 500 u will die on this list. From the mouth of Little Bobbito. Those in the know, know who I'm talking about.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

Damn, talk about sad news on a rainy day Zoo, that puts extra pressure on us guys who fall in the 60-70 range after list#69 to make this December class.

Thanks for the info ladder, 5traffic, an Zoo, I guess any news is better than no news.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Date:

Bobito and zoo cut it out bro, now u really make no sense. Some of us are adults on this forum.no
And another thing the fact that you mentioned the only reason a december class is gonna happend because a chief's relative is in it, makes absolute no sense it's pure ignorance. i can see it now you gonna be the type of boss who starts rumors to get everyone against each other.


Thank You

-- Edited by LOLO on Tuesday 16th of November 2010 05:37:55 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

Know one can predict that far out. And to say that if your over 500 you'll die on the list is BS.

The most accurate measure of more promotional classes is new recruit classes. That said, no one can tell any info on the the fiscal situation the city finds itself with a lame duck gov. Until Cuomo takes over and gives Bloomjerk a better picture of what the city has to work with in regard to funding then who knows when they will hire new cops and in turn promote new Sgt's. So anyone who says their crystal ball is saying no BMOC in 2011 is lying. Because their crystal ball, in reality is as murky as my toilet after eating Mexican.

I miss the posts about concrete stuff like which names I was supposed to cross off the list. Not these pointless rumors about stuff that is supposed to happen 9 months from now. Chill, we'll all get promoted, in time. The largest economic disaster since the depression occurred in Nov. 08. Since, they managed to promote an entire list plus part of ours. Now things are starting to very slowly pick up along with crime. And according to Mr. Bobblehwad whoever I'm to believe that a third of us are beat out of getting promoted? In the immortal words of Chris Berman "C'MON Man!!!!"

__________________
DV Doldrum


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

True that...because after all Jimmy, we are all cops...

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

Yeah I'd have to agree with DV on this one. Those of us who have monitored this site long enough to know will tell you that any rumor more than a few weeks into the future is most likey 99% inaccurate/untrue. I mean to say "this will be one of the slowest moving lists in the history of the dept." is a BIT dramatic. Tell Little Nostradamus to keep his predictions strictly to the Myan's and the Discovery channel.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

I think that many here are a little edgy because we don't know. We all studied hard (and in my case failed a bunch of previous exams) to pass this damned thing and the last thing we want to hear is that we are going to die on the list, yada yada yada. Because we don't know what is going to happen, we start grasping onto any little rumor, no matter how trivial. In my humble opinion, this entire list will be made. It is just a matter of when.

Honestly, I personally don't care when I get made. I personally just want to be able to take the next LT test cause if I miss the next test, I honestly will probably be very close to retirement before the next LT. test happens. In any case, we waited this long and made it this far. I'm not worried and neither should anyone here be worried. Good luck to everyone.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 221
Date:

Let's this list go.. Your names will get called.. I'm on the bottom 3rd of this list, and Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care.. Cause if all goes right I may get promoted a month before the Lts test, and if so , with no hook, I'll end up in he'll as a sgt , but hopefully only a year if I make and ace that Lts list... Remember everything happens for a reason... For now I'll make my OT as a cop and pay off my bills , fir that's one less thing I'll have to worry about... And if I'm a sgt till the end , that's fine with me, or I wouldn't have taken the test... enjoy the holidays!!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:

Dont shoot the messenger. Everything I said was from Little Bobbito. He still is saying that the list is gonna get cut short and that at the very best they will promote up to list#250 this year. And if your on the bottom 3rd of the list you honestly have close to no chance of taking the next LT test.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

This year up till list #250? WTF, little bobbito must be high on crack

__________________
n/a


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Date:

IF HE GETS DOLE; HE'S DONE. LOL

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

Zoo - when you say "they will promote up to list #250 this year" you are referring to the end of 2012, not 2011 right?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Who is little bobbito? I have a pretty reliable source and he said that is absurd. As far as if you get promoted before the Lt. exam, nobody knows that. The earliest LT. Exam that the city can announce would be May of 2011 if they give the six month notice today, but they haven't decided yet and therefore there is none as far as we know it. Another way that you can tell that the info given is inaccurate is because the department does not know how my Sgt's will retire within the next four years, they will not cut this list with a shortage of sgts. Guys relax, most of us will get promoted others that get jammed up/modified or retire will not be getting promoted. Also remember, this department is reactive, not proactive, so the sgts promoted was because of the shortage of sgts in the department now, there will be more shortages in the future so relax and enjoy the rest of your days at a cop. Best of luck to all.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

Detox i agree. My point is wether your the 2nd floor janitor at 1pp or Bloomberg himself there is NO WAY either of them could ACCURATELY predict where this list will be over a year from now. There are just too many variable's that constantly change. Little Bobbito may be jumping the gun here..

P.S. If this "Little Bobbito" is so good at predicting the future ask him if he likes the OVER for the monday night game...

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Date:

Well said detox and let's face fact the job has always been short of sgt's since they started 70 passing score back in 2006. As far as cutting the list short aint going to happen. Do I see no bmoc until apri yeah I can see that but that's only because there is a academy class of recruits going in that's what I am hearing because april is a huge amount of people coming up for retirement. They will not start a list just to end up cutting it in the end. Relax and enjoy people because it will eventually come to an end for us all

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

I don't think this job is short on bosses. It's just people in charge decided that impact should have 1 boss per 6 cops. So, all of a sudden they need to fill positions to meet this quote. After that, I think the list will move very slow.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

Al3181, you have your mind buddy
My Pct needs at least 3-4 bosses. Every week we get a different boss from other tour just to fill in. And we do t have impact nor crazy crime rate

__________________
n/a


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

I'm sure there are precincts that are short on bosses. But, that is the reason I've heard for the sudden promotions spike. They grab bosses with time on for the impact and then fill their spots with newly promoted.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:

Thanks guys, I just state the obvious. Truth of the matter is we are all on this site because we are anxious and excited to get promoted. Let's not let people get us all riled up over some comments that have no merit. Not to say zoo-master's information isn't accurate because I've read his previous posts and he has been one of the good ones, but there is no way anyone in the department would have that type of information. Zoo-master I do appreciate any information that is passed along but I'm more of a half full kind of guy. Btw I come from an "A" house and we're short on sgt's ourself and we just got one from the last BMOC class, I wonder how many we'll get from this bmoc class. Again if anyone gets any information, please post.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard