Rising Star will be taking orders soon for our 2022 Sergeant Exam Course!!! Do not start too early and burn out! Let our proven system work for you!

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Final answer key...for now (95% complete, 5% double answers..for now


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Date:
Final answer key...for now (95% complete, 5% double answers..for now


Sodomy was changes to criminal sex act.. That was change b4 my test (6513)


-- Edited by NYPD74 at 02:47, 2008-01-29

__________________
TakeItEase

Date:

Don't tell me that people are trying to protest the continous event question because they used the term sodomy. I'm down for working with everyone on what questions to protest, but lets be real here. That wouldn't go anywhere. That question was very straightforward and straight out of the P.G., including the term "sodomy", which the guide reminds you that the penal law changed to criminal sexual act, but the guide never did. My patrol guide is up to the minute and the term sodomy is all over it.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

thanks for the reply about the copies of scantron. another ques. when do they start doing that, is there a time period that hs to pass?
tahnks for quik reply

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

that was not must suspent because paa was patron did not have any business interest, cap and above can suspend for patronizing not sgt.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

PAA was a must suspend:
Section 206-07 number 2.
"Ranking officer (sgt or above)in charge or in command  Must Suspend  a member of service when:
sub f. Has an interest, or association with, or patronizes premise (licensed or unlicensed) engaged in illegal gambling operations, use of drugs, smoke shops, social clubs, or after hours club, except in the performance of duty.

Its clear cut.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Thank you! Let's get over the PAA question, it's put to bed already - it couldn't be clearer, it's in black and white - you can't read too much into it - she was patronizing the damn place and there was gambling going on, end of story, SUSPENDED. Let's move on to other questions



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

ok, what about the gas card question .
The DNA one too , I think I got that one wrong too.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

can anyone remind me what the last Q. of the test was??? can't even remember???? (That DNA Q was out of left field!!!) Regarding the CIMS Q... the story made it clear that there was no need for water rescue, which would fall under PD. Also, if it was suspicious it would be PD only. Now, what if it was BK bridge?? triboro police has nothing to do with that!!! There was no mention that they had jurisdiction. It was a collapse, enclosed case rescue scenario. FD only.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

The P.G. says very clearly that the first thing you have to do when you lose a gas card is to call FSD Fuel Control to invalidate the card - but some people have been saying there is an Interim Order overturning or contradicting this cause they're not in use anymore (I don't know anything about the cards or who uses them cause my command has the credit card/Texaco station setup). Any thoughts?



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

Why do you guys constantly keep putting up tne content in these questions.  I really don't understand, especially for you guys bodering on a 70.  Your killing your own chances of being hired by giving these military guys the major info on what to key in on.  Please do yourself and the rest of us a favor of not giving away the test that most of us busted our fvckin asses on.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

I still don't know where that one came from threw me off.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:

Folks,

'SHADOW' is right, stop posting details about the questions. Stop arguing the answers if you have not looked it up to confirm it. Your causing confusion, giving others an unfair avantage and arguing answers in the hopes it is correct without looking them up.

Everyone should only post a question number and a reply stating if the answer was determined to be correct from the patrol guide.
This answer key was helpful to have an "idea on how we did" on the exam. If your borderline passing, dont panic, wait for the FINAL DCAS list.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

the question stated the officers were there to investigate complaints of gambling, didn't say anyone was "engaged" in gambling, only apparent unlawful activty was alcohol being served in an unlicensed premise

__________________
Anonymous

Date:


Is a 65 considered borderline????  Im going nuts here!!!

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:

when can you start discussing questions?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

I think we can talk privately on here about questions .....or just email each other...for the pple that don't have a screenname I don't think you can send private messages.....

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:

I believe the Military is taking their exam two days before the results are posted. Thadet3 has the right idea, private messgae your questions to someone or try and look them up in the PG. If you post, only post the question number and confirmed letter answer. It appears people's results are getting better as corrections are made.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Okay...Question 75 is Improper. Legal Bureau Bulletin Vol.33, No.4 states:

Subject: Search and Seizure

Question: May the Police establish a vehicle checkpoint primarily motivated by general crime control ends?

Answer: No, according to the New York State Court of Appeals in the case of People v. Jackson, 99 N.Y.2d 125 (2002)

I don't know that the "Letter" choice was but I know it was IMPROPER cuz of this. So, they need to change this answer on the answer key here.biggrin

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

Stop giving away the questions.  How hard is that to comprehend?????



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:

Will those of you posting full detals of the questions and answers please EDIT your postings and delete the info. Stop giving the exam away. If you have a question, private message someone on this board with specifics. There is a reason it takes over a month to get your results...THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE TAKING THE EXAM!!!

-- Edited by Joker at 17:57, 2008-01-29

__________________
MKSHOP2003

Date:

WHEN THESE PEOPLE WHO KEEP POSTING THE QUESTIONS MISS THE CUTOFF BY A COUPLE OF NAMES AND HAVE TO RETAKE THE NEXT SGT TEST, LESSON WILL BE LEARNED THE HARD WAY. I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE MISSED BY LESS THAN 10 NAMES AND IT TOUGH TO TAKE. TRY NOT TO BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS/GALS

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

PEOPLE STOP GIVING AWAY THE TEST, SOME PEOPLE WORKED HARD AND THEY ARE RIGHT ON THE 70 MARK, IF THESE PEOPLE THAT DIDNT TAKE THE TEST PUT THESE ANSWER TOGTHER THEY WILL MAKE HARD FOR THOSE WHO PASSED WITH A 70 TO GET  MADE.ashamed



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Date:

You can't stop stupidity!

-- Edited by Gonzo66 at 19:54, 2008-01-29

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

RELAX! No one is dying on a Sgt list anytime soon. If you got a 70 and pass you will be promoted, if you didnt get a 70 thats your fault and no one elses. And lets not be to naive here, if you think that guys taking the military test aren't in contact with other people not on this board who took the test and getting questions and answers you are OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!! So whats done is done, I don't agree with guys posting up questions and answers either, but its really not going to kill me either way. If I passed I will be promoted, if I didn't I won't. Very simple. Worry about your answer sheet and what you did, not what other guys are doing.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

TakeItEase wrote:

Don't tell me that people are trying to protest the continous event question because they used the term sodomy. I'm down for working with everyone on what questions to protest, but lets be real here. That wouldn't go anywhere. That question was very straightforward and straight out of the P.G., including the term "sodomy", which the guide reminds you that the penal law changed to criminal sexual act, but the guide never did. My patrol guide is up to the minute and the term sodomy is all over it.



Takeitease: I am not trying to discredit you or your preparation for the exam, and i belive you when you say your guide is up to date, but in regards to "Sodomy" and the Patrol Guide, Interim Order 43 dated 9/6/07 changes "Sodomy" to "Criminal Sexual Act", as you stated, but if you read further on in the Interim Order, particularly page 4 of 9, number 5 at the top of the page states:

"New York State Penal Law Sections 130.40, 130.45 and 130.50 formerly entitled 'Sodomy' have been renamed 'Criminal Sexual Act'. Therefore, wherever the term 'Sodomy' appears in the Department Manual, replace with the term 'Criminal Sexual Act.'"

That is verbatum from the Interim Order.  Just to remain vague, i will not go into the question or my intentions with it.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Orange county question


It never stated in the question Orange County NY.  I thought it was Orange County NJ.  There for, the MOS would have to call Ops., what ever that choice was, I believe D.  This question should be a good one to protest/have thrown out. And yes I am one of those bordering on a 70.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:
RE: Final answer key...for now (95% complete, 5% double answers..for now


Anonymous wrote:

It never stated in the question Orange County NY. I thought it was Orange County NJ. There for, the MOS would have to call Ops., what ever that choice was, I believe D. This question should be a good one to protest/have thrown out. And yes I am one of those bordering on a 70.



Didn't the question also state the MOS lived in Orange County?

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Not sure if it said he lived in Orange County, just that he lost his shield there.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Sorry .. Call the Duty Captain. "KNOWINGLY" deal with it!evileye

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

Anonymous wrote:

TakeItEase wrote:

Don't tell me that people are trying to protest the continous event question because they used the term sodomy. I'm down for working with everyone on what questions to protest, but lets be real here. That wouldn't go anywhere. That question was very straightforward and straight out of the P.G., including the term "sodomy", which the guide reminds you that the penal law changed to criminal sexual act, but the guide never did. My patrol guide is up to the minute and the term sodomy is all over it.



Takeitease: I am not trying to discredit you or your preparation for the exam, and i belive you when you say your guide is up to date, but in regards to "Sodomy" and the Patrol Guide, Interim Order 43 dated 9/6/07 changes "Sodomy" to "Criminal Sexual Act", as you stated, but if you read further on in the Interim Order, particularly page 4 of 9, number 5 at the top of the page states:

"New York State Penal Law Sections 130.40, 130.45 and 130.50 formerly entitled 'Sodomy' have been renamed 'Criminal Sexual Act'. Therefore, wherever the term 'Sodomy' appears in the Department Manual, replace with the term 'Criminal Sexual Act.'"

That is verbatum from the Interim Order.  Just to remain vague, i will not go into the question or my intentions with it.

Ok guys I must admit I love all of the controversy and speculation that exploded on this site immediately on completion of the test. It's great! I will say though I really am not putting all my eggs in the basket of these "answer keys".  Now the point of my post is to chime in on the sodomy issue. I think the point we are missing is that sodomy changed in the penal law NOT in the english language. By that I mean the act of sodomy is still sodomy (keep in mind the term itself does not imply an force it could also be concentual). The charge, if somone forcibly sodomizes another for example, is now called criminal sex act. The body of a question could use the term sodomy and still be valid. You just can't charge anyone with sodomy anymore. Like one of the degrees of rape is forcible rape which really is forcible intercourse but you don't charge forcible intercourse ya know? Anyway thats my take on it. I won't reveal anything about the question or the answer but do you guys kind of get my meaning? Am I wrong? Anyway like I said thats been my take on it.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Anyone put  01 jurisdiction?

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

*****STOP POSTING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All of you that worked hard studying long hrs for 6 months.....think twice before putting ur questions.....its not the question if u will make the list....its more about seniority.....u will be losing ur seniority to the people ur giving questions...to.....so dont complain if u cant get the holidays or summer off.....its ur doing.......also no disrespect to the military guys....i served my time as well.....just dont think its fair.....and if there are a lot people that pass this exam which I think since it was straight forward.....then those with low marks.....watch out......u giving out questions and answers might.....mean cutting u off the list and studying again......for the same test.......so STOP POSTING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

they can't legitimately be taking the same exam, could they?  How could they even consider that?

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Date:

There are at least two additional Orange counties in the States. One in California, and one in Florida. The question did not specificly stated about NY. This would be an excellent question to Protest.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Did anyone get B for question #64?

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

iluvlaurie wrote:

There are at least two additional Orange counties in the States. One in California, and one in Florida. The question did not specificly stated about NY. This would be an excellent question to Protest.



The complete list of states with an Orange county is:
California
Florida
Indiana
New York
North Carolina
Texas
Vermont and
Virginia
In case anyone wanted to know.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Does anyone know the answers for 94 and 95? it's driving me crazy that everyone has no interest in these two questions that have double answers.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

brightlights wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

TakeItEase wrote:

Don't tell me that people are trying to protest the continous event question because they used the term sodomy. I'm down for working with everyone on what questions to protest, but lets be real here. That wouldn't go anywhere. That question was very straightforward and straight out of the P.G., including the term "sodomy", which the guide reminds you that the penal law changed to criminal sexual act, but the guide never did. My patrol guide is up to the minute and the term sodomy is all over it.



Takeitease: I am not trying to discredit you or your preparation for the exam, and i belive you when you say your guide is up to date, but in regards to "Sodomy" and the Patrol Guide, Interim Order 43 dated 9/6/07 changes "Sodomy" to "Criminal Sexual Act", as you stated, but if you read further on in the Interim Order, particularly page 4 of 9, number 5 at the top of the page states:

"New York State Penal Law Sections 130.40, 130.45 and 130.50 formerly entitled 'Sodomy' have been renamed 'Criminal Sexual Act'. Therefore, wherever the term 'Sodomy' appears in the Department Manual, replace with the term 'Criminal Sexual Act.'"

That is verbatum from the Interim Order.  Just to remain vague, i will not go into the question or my intentions with it.

Ok guys I must admit I love all of the controversy and speculation that exploded on this site immediately on completion of the test. It's great! I will say though I really am not putting all my eggs in the basket of these "answer keys".  Now the point of my post is to chime in on the sodomy issue. I think the point we are missing is that sodomy changed in the penal law NOT in the english language. By that I mean the act of sodomy is still sodomy (keep in mind the term itself does not imply an force it could also be concentual). The charge, if somone forcibly sodomizes another for example, is now called criminal sex act. The body of a question could use the term sodomy and still be valid. You just can't charge anyone with sodomy anymore. Like one of the degrees of rape is forcible rape which really is forcible intercourse but you don't charge forcible intercourse ya know? Anyway thats my take on it. I won't reveal anything about the question or the answer but do you guys kind of get my meaning? Am I wrong? Anyway like I said thats been my take on it.



I understand what you are saying, but we do not police based on the english language, we police based on what the law and the guidelines set forth by this department dictate. Therefore when we are tested, we are tested on the law and the dept guidelines and according to both, sodomy is gone, at least for our purposes in the NYPD.

__________________
TakeItEase

Date:

anonomyous, nice comeback, giving credit where its do. Believe me I'm not trying to cause anymore beef than there already is, I just feel if we are going to try to get together and protest some questions we need to draw the line somewhere, but hey if you feel that strongly about it....



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

That being said, there isn't a cop out there who doesn't know the meaning of "sodomy". If you got the question wrong it wasn't because they used the word sodomy in it.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Whats the answer 4 94 and 95?

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Anonymous wrote:

That being said, there isn't a cop out there who doesn't know the meaning of "sodomy". If you got the question wrong it wasn't because they used the word sodomy in it.



Not necessarily, maybe someone got the question wrong because they thought they were being tested on their knowledge on this years interim orders.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

Anonymous wrote:

That being said, there isn't a cop out there who doesn't know the meaning of "sodomy". If you got the question wrong it wasn't because they used the word sodomy in it.




Quite right. None of the choices were ,  E: THIS ENTIRE QUESTION IS INVALID BECAUSE THE WORD SODOMY DOES NOT EXIST.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

What's the answer for #64? There are 2 different answers on the both answer keys. Verify people!!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Can you people bring up different discussions. You are way two interested in the sodomy and must suspend questions. Put them to bed already and lets try to crack down on this answer key.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

What question was the DNA??????

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

I understand everyones points and once the official answer key comes out i will explain the sodomy question.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:

Anonymous wrote:

What question was the DNA??????



Interim order 45 of 05



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

That being said, there isn't a cop out there who doesn't know the meaning of "sodomy". If you got the question wrong it wasn't because they used the word sodomy in it.



Not necessarily, maybe someone got the question wrong because they thought they were being tested on their knowledge on this years interim orders.



They were being tested on this years interim orders. That was one of the easier questions and isn't worthy of further debate. If one of the answer choices was " sodomy 2" you would instantly know that was a wrong answer.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

brightlights wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

That being said, there isn't a cop out there who doesn't know the meaning of "sodomy". If you got the question wrong it wasn't because they used the word sodomy in it.



Not necessarily, maybe someone got the question wrong because they thought they were being tested on their knowledge on this years interim orders.



They were being tested on this years interim orders. That was one of the easier questions and isn't worthy of further debate. If one of the answer choices was " sodomy 2" you would instantly know that was a wrong answer.




I agree with the easier question not being worth debate. My contention is, if you can use an interim order, old or new, to come up with an answer that is just as right then they must accept both answers or throw out the question.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard