Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: LT list with time in rank


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:
LT list with time in rank


I have no time for this but usually someone out there does.  Can someone put out a thread or attach to this one, the passing grades with how much time in rank next to each person



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

Whos working on this !!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 171
Date:

Seems like a huge undertaking. You would need personnel records access to complete this?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

I checked up to my list # and there's about 10 people with less than 2 years in rank ahead of me. I'm between 110-130



-- Edited by PD2FD on Tuesday 22nd of May 2018 01:21:45 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 169
Date:

PD2FD you will be our hero if you create this list.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Book



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 348
Date:

OhGawd wrote:

Seems like a huge undertaking. You would need personnel records access to complete this?

Not really, easist way is to search for the persons tax then run it in the Personnel Orders to see the promotion order. A friend of mine started working back from 200. Its not very promising...only ~10 in the top 200, with a handful eligible in late summer/early fall. 

EDIT: Looks like there are 18 time passovers total between list #'s 1-200

 



-- Edited by 63ASAP on Tuesday 22nd of May 2018 02:57:15 PM



-- Edited by 63ASAP on Tuesday 22nd of May 2018 02:57:24 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

This is kind of pointless as it will only help the top 200 or so.

In 15 months everyone will be eligible.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

It's useful for those in the top 200-300

Like 63Asap said, not many towards the top of the list have less than 2 years on.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 348
Date:

Yeah, and barring jam-ups or education passovers, I don't expect it to make a huge difference. I was hoping their would be way more than that, but oh well. Still happy I'm within guaranteed-promotion range.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

63ASAP wrote:

Yeah, and barring jam-ups or education passovers, I don't expect it to make a huge difference. I was hoping their would be way more than that, but oh well. Still happy I'm within guaranteed-promotion range.


 Now the question is: How many Sergeants are they putting in the first class ? 50 ? 60 ? 75 ?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 423
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

This is kind of pointless as it will only help the top 200 or so.

In 15 months everyone will be eligible.


 Pretty much bacon...ususally something is out but I guess everyone is still in shock that the list is out..especially us victims of the 2015 exam!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

63ASAP wrote:
OhGawd wrote:

Seems like a huge undertaking. You would need personnel records access to complete this?

Not really, easist way is to search for the persons tax then run it in the Personnel Orders to see the promotion order. A friend of mine started working back from 200. Its not very promising...only ~10 in the top 200, with a handful eligible in late summer/early fall. 

EDIT: Looks like there are 18 time passovers total between list #'s 1-200

 



-- Edited by 63ASAP on Tuesday 22nd of May 2018 02:57:15 PM



-- Edited by 63ASAP on Tuesday 22nd of May 2018 02:57:24 PM


18 passovers based on promotion date... any way to find out how many do not have education/jammed up/need to be carbed? 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Date:

is the 2015 list completely done? Like there is nobody from that test going into Bmoc with the new list right?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 348
Date:

SRGrook033 wrote:
63ASAP wrote:
OhGawd wrote:

Seems like a huge undertaking. You would need personnel records access to complete this?

Not really, easist way is to search for the persons tax then run it in the Personnel Orders to see the promotion order. A friend of mine started working back from 200. Its not very promising...only ~10 in the top 200, with a handful eligible in late summer/early fall. 

EDIT: Looks like there are 18 time passovers total between list #'s 1-200


18 passovers based on promotion date... any way to find out how many do not have education/jammed up/need to be carbed? 


 There sure is, but I dont have access to the personnel database that would provide that information. Im sure someone here does.



-- Edited by 63ASAP on Thursday 24th of May 2018 11:12:29 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

63asap thanks for the info!! 18 without enough time in the first 200. If you still have the info in front of you, can you tell me how many dont have enough time in the top 50? Itll help figure out how far theyll go for the first class. Thanks!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

63asap thanks for the info!! 18 without enough time in the first 200. If you still have the info in front of you, can you tell me how many dont have enough time in the top 50? Itll help figure out how far theyll go for the first class. Thanks!!


I counted 5 when I checked. List numbers 26,35,38,42 and 43 dont have two years until at least august however they all hit two years in rank by Oct 16th this year



__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 423
Date:

tweezy wrote:

is the 2015 list completely done? Like there is nobody from that test going into Bmoc with the new list right?


 The 7 people from the old list who are getting promoted on the 29th will be going in with the 43 people from the new list who will get promoted on june 5th. Lt bmoc starts june 6th...remember Lts get promoted before they start bmoc unlike sergeants.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Thanks Leslie for the info. It looks like 43 was promoted in May 2016 so its just 26,35,38,42 in top 50. THNAKS!!!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

Thanks Leslie for the info. It looks like 43 was promoted in May 2016 so its just 26,35,38,42 in top 50. THNAKS!!!


 Double checked. 43 wont have enough time until Sept 2018 personnel order # 253. He entered bmoc on Sept 5th 2016. I doubt they back dated his promotion. 



-- Edited by Leslie on Thursday 24th of May 2018 01:14:55 PM

__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
tweezy wrote:

is the 2015 list completely done? Like there is nobody from that test going into Bmoc with the new list right?


 The 7 people from the old list who are getting promoted on the 29th will be going in with the 43 people from the new list who will get promoted on june 5th. Lt bmoc starts june 6th...remember Lts get promoted before they start bmoc unlike sergeants.

 


 Good thing LT Ng from uniformed promotions said it was 8 from old list and 50 from new list. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Date:

2andDone wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
tweezy wrote:

is the 2015 list completely done? Like there is nobody from that test going into Bmoc with the new list right?


 The 7 people from the old list who are getting promoted on the 29th will be going in with the 43 people from the new list who will get promoted on june 5th. Lt bmoc starts june 6th...remember Lts get promoted before they start bmoc unlike sergeants.

 


 Good thing LT Ng from uniformed promotions said it was 8 from old list and 50 from new list. 


 Im sure the guy appreciates you dropping his name on this site... smh



__________________

The only thing worse than the wait is the useless info provided by theforceisstrongwiththisone Pls delete this clowns account! 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 257
Date:

Number 43 was promoted up front on May 2 promotion.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

Dont shake your head Leslie. He said it in a room full of 50 soon to be sergeants.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

If someone can access that information and provide us with how many are not eligible, that person will be an instant GURU on this site.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 128
Date:

It was posted 18 so far with time alone up to #200 someone else contribute

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

rookiebit_h wrote:

It was posted 18 so far with time alone up to #200 someone else contribute


 I got that, I was referring to the Passovers who are jammed up, don't meet the educational requirements etc.



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

2andDone wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
tweezy wrote:

is the 2015 list completely done? Like there is nobody from that test going into Bmoc with the new list right?


 The 7 people from the old list who are getting promoted on the 29th will be going in with the 43 people from the new list who will get promoted on june 5th. Lt bmoc starts june 6th...remember Lts get promoted before they start bmoc unlike sergeants.

 


 Good thing LT Ng from uniformed promotions said it was 8 from old list and 50 from new list. 


 Can anyone confirm if it will be 7 from 2015 list and 43 from 2018 list

OR

is is 7 from 2015 list and 50 from 2018 list?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

List2018 wrote:
2andDone wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
tweezy wrote:

is the 2015 list completely done? Like there is nobody from that test going into Bmoc with the new list right?


 The 7 people from the old list who are getting promoted on the 29th will be going in with the 43 people from the new list who will get promoted on june 5th. Lt bmoc starts june 6th...remember Lts get promoted before they start bmoc unlike sergeants.

 


 Good thing LT Ng from uniformed promotions said it was 8 from old list and 50 from new list. 


 Can anyone confirm if it will be 7 from 2015 list and 43 from 2018 list

OR

is is 7 from 2015 list and 50 from 2018 list?


I bet I could guess your list number +/- 7 names lol

 

Nobody knows man. Our best source is the promotions unit who preps for the extremes. Just like not a single person predicted the right date/number for the list coming out, nobody knows the promotions. Whatever brass decides will decide, and if they change their mind they'll change their mind. 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard