RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to subscribe to our mailing list and get info on the next Sgt, Lt. or Captain Exam!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 4400 sgt list


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:
4400 sgt list


Whats the possibility of the LT list being large how many throwouts possibly.  Im sure that sgt exam had throwouts someone with a 47.  Made that list not everyone with that score did but Their were some who did



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

I calculate 33.63% of people fully comprehending what you're asking.



-- Edited by Codgreen on Tuesday 9th of May 2023 10:39:40 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 534
Date:

From what I was told from my source there are throw outs and the list is getting a curve. I dont know how big exactly but im assuming it would be a large curve making a list of around 1500-1700. Just a guess in my opinion on the number but it would follow the current trend of list sizes

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

47 lmao.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Date:

Has the TVB review been done for our exam already ? 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1293
Date:

The last Sgts and Capts lists were the largest in history. I expect the same for Lts with 1500-2000 names.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

The last Sgts and Capts lists were the largest in history. I expect the same for Lts with 1500-2000 names.


 That would mean everyone except a little over 500 people would end up on the list With a 2000 name list. There would be a ton of people jumping other people. Thats insane. they should just throw out the passing score and promote all the way down the list In score order. I foresee a lawsuit. 



-- Edited by TheNarcoRanger on Tuesday 9th of May 2023 06:30:25 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1785
Date:

EXAM WILL BE CURVED. YOU WILL ALL BE SURPRISED.

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 283
Date:

No one will be surprised..stop it.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 534
Date:

The reality of the situation is the city and the job does whatever they want case in point the 2016 SGTs list is extended until 2024 so the civil service rules only matter when they decide they do. For all those that passed the exam Your score will only increase at the end of the day with a curve I truly think anyone that actually passed the LT exam with a raw score will be promoted and there will be certain people that failed by a large margin that will be promoted as well this is just a trend lately. They want bigger lists for whatever reason I dont think theyll be any lawsuits that will win and at the end of the day they will promote what they need.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1293
Date:

TheNarcoRanger wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

The last Sgts and Capts lists were the largest in history. I expect the same for Lts with 1500-2000 names.


 That would mean everyone except a little over 500 people would end up on the list With a 2000 name list. There would be a ton of people jumping other people. Thats insane. they should just throw out the passing score and promote all the way down the list In score order. I foresee a lawsuit. 



-- Edited by TheNarcoRanger on Tuesday 9th of May 2023 06:30:25 PM


 That word lawsuit gets used for every promotional exam. What would you sue for? Because someone passed you in seniority points after a curve?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

2000 they would have to go lower than 60 for a curve 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 102
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
TheNarcoRanger wrote:
brooklynbacon wrote:

The last Sgts and Capts lists were the largest in history. I expect the same for Lts with 1500-2000 names.


 That would mean everyone except a little over 500 people would end up on the list With a 2000 name list. There would be a ton of people jumping other people. Thats insane. they should just throw out the passing score and promote all the way down the list In score order. I foresee a lawsuit. 



-- Edited by TheNarcoRanger on Tuesday 9th of May 2023 06:30:25 PM


 That word lawsuit gets used for every promotional exam. What would you sue for? Because someone passed you in seniority points after a curve?


 Believe it or not, the reason for all these curves is to prevent any lawsuits. It saves the city money. The city doesn't have to hire lawyers to review pending lawsuits. Just that alone saves the city thousands of dollars.  Even though the lawsuits will most likely go nowhere.  No one can say anything was unfair if they initially failed then ended up passing due to a curve. Usually the people who fail are the ones who attempt to sue.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 365
Date:

I rise wrote:

2000 they would have to go lower than 60 for a curve 


 Prob go lower than 50



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

Lower than 50 lmao

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1785
Date:

NauseousPBBN wrote:

No one will be surprised..stop it.


 Respect your elders and respect the guidelines. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1785
Date:

Taketheday wrote:

The reality of the situation is the city and the job does whatever they want case in point the 2016 SGTs list is extended until 2024 so the civil service rules only matter when they decide they do. For all those that passed the exam Your score will only increase at the end of the day with a curve I truly think anyone that actually passed the LT exam with a raw score will be promoted and there will be certain people that failed by a large margin that will be promoted as well this is just a trend lately. They want bigger lists for whatever reason I dont think theyll be any lawsuits that will win and at the end of the day they will promote what they need.


 Ive ALREADY said this in multiple posts. DCAS has changed the game ! I repeat, DCAS has changed the game ? Why ? It costs the City less money. Less lawsuits,bigger lists,less exams to administer. However, just REMEMBER, the City can CUT these list after 4 years if not extended any further. Lets see how this plays out in the future. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 534
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
Taketheday wrote:

The reality of the situation is the city and the job does whatever they want case in point the 2016 SGTs list is extended until 2024 so the civil service rules only matter when they decide they do. For all those that passed the exam Your score will only increase at the end of the day with a curve I truly think anyone that actually passed the LT exam with a raw score will be promoted and there will be certain people that failed by a large margin that will be promoted as well this is just a trend lately. They want bigger lists for whatever reason I dont think theyll be any lawsuits that will win and at the end of the day they will promote what they need.


 Ive ALREADY said this in multiple posts. DCAS has changed the game ! I repeat, DCAS has changed the game ? Why ? It costs the City less money. Less lawsuits,bigger lists,less exams to administer. However, just REMEMBER, the City can CUT these list after 4 years if not extended any further. Lets see how this plays out in the future. 


 Respect the Guidelines Please



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:

Heres uncle Cs hot take.
60 and above should be good.

Sgt and captain exam are massive. No reason to think otherwise for Lt.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 365
Date:

is it pretty much confirmed that only 250 originally passed?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1293
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:

is it pretty much confirmed that only 250 originally passed?


 No thats fake news. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 453
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:

is it pretty much confirmed that only 250 originally passed?


 No thats fake news. 


 So whats the number ?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Date:

Questions ????

1. Has TVB finished the protest process and if so how many throw aways ?
2. How many people passed prior and after throwaways ?
3. Has anyone attempted another FOIL requests ?
4. When is the list dropping ?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

As a side note, no scores were posted or sent to test takers of Sgt exam. Let that sink in. Anyone can be anywhere on the list with knowing right people.



-- Edited by Spanish mama on Wednesday 10th of May 2023 04:40:29 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 365
Date:

Spanish mama wrote:

As a side note, no scores were posted or sant to test takers of Sgt exam. Let that sink in. Anyone can be anywhere on the list with knowing right people.


 This is a great point. Where are the scores? You know what, I bet they had the balls to not even tabulate a curved score for everyone and just assigned a list # to however many sgts the dept needed. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

Got this text. 

 

With the recent release of the Sergeant Exam; prior to releasing, the city, DCAS, and NYPD sat down. It was all agreed upon, the test was somewhat unfair and not properly administered. Also, the department understood they will continue to lose officers to other departments, especially individuals who passed the test. DCAS decided to throw out EVERY question that was protested, absolutely NO CURVE, just throw outs. Hence, if you went to the protest, submitted documentation to back your argument, question was completely thrown out. Questions that were thrown out WILL NOT be released. Also, a few hundred people who are on the list ALREADY left the job and have no plans on returning. 

 

Furthermore, with the recent new contract and implementation of longer tours, more supervision will be needed. Every sergeant position WILL BE FILLED. First class of this test will be at end of month, a massive amount of newly promoted sergeants will be going to IAB and inspection units. 

 

Overall, now more people are signing up to take the police exam, which means more officers on the streets. Within the next few years, the NYPD will most likely be back at around close to 40k UMOS. With this plan in place, Mayor Adams will be re-elected unanimously and another massive contract in place. In all, every sergeant WILL GET PROMOTED off this test, SBA members DOUBLED! 

 

I highly suggest those that passed the test, start writing up them medals and take the fitness test each year for the extra points. Get ready for the LT exam and stay ON POINT! 

 

(This news is coming from a person with ties to Adams, police commissioner, and many other high ranking cabinet members).



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

Did they say why not a single person on the list knows their actual score? Wheres the integrity?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1293
Date:

Spanish mama wrote:

Did they say why not a single person on the list knows their actual score? Wheres the integrity?


 Captains list had no score and neither will the Lts list. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

Does anyone else see the problem with that or am i the only one?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

Who is making these lists? Who is assigning extra points? Who counts the points? We cant have a fare presidential election, you think this has some form of oversight?



-- Edited by Spanish mama on Wednesday 10th of May 2023 07:32:29 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

I see DrPapi is back at it again under a new name lol

 

trusted source known to Adams & Commish lol



-- Edited by No1isbetter on Wednesday 10th of May 2023 07:42:53 PM

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 329
Date:

So how many lts will be on this list

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1293
Date:

3testwonder wrote:

So how many lts will be on this list


 1500-2000



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

If thats the case some people who scored very low will make it especially if they dont show scores 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 967
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
NauseousPBBN wrote:

No one will be surprised..stop it.


 Respect your elders and respect the guidelines. 


 I second this statement.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

Imagine all you had to do was show up to this exam & guess & still make it on the LT list. Crazy. 60% of the list will get promoted. 60+ a lock, now even 55 is a possible.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 365
Date:

No1isbetter wrote:

Imagine all you had to do was show up to this exam & guess & still make it on the LT list. Crazy. 60% of the list will get promoted. 60+ a lock, now even 55 is a possible.


 is a 53 possible?

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 137
Date:

Hopefully if they start curving from 50 after throwouts 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 100
Date:

If its a 2000 people list then 50 and above should be good because that only leaves about 500 people out of the list. For 1500 people list 55 should be good. Either way list should be at least 1500 and above. just my speculation.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

I know a lot of really good Sgts who scored in the lower half of 50s. So Im rooting for them. Still, 60 is good good & thats where Ill stop.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

The cleaner in the 42 Pct said 60 and above good to go!



-- Edited by 63allday on Thursday 11th of May 2023 12:23:16 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

The logic works. No-one cares how list is established as long as they pass. The logic behind lets appease everyone works. I just hope people who actually passed dont end up being promoted after people that have an uncle in dcas that makes this list.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

The Sergeant List with scores was released. No more stupid speculations of favoritism or hiding shit.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

No1isbetter wrote:

The Sergeant List with scores was released. No more stupid speculations of favoritism or hiding shit.


 Most of this cite is speculation. Relax guy



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 329
Date:

Lol how did people pick up 15 points from their raw

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

Seriously ?

 

A curve dude. The curve .



__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 376
Date:

My old partner went from 68 to 83 so seems about right.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Date:

So no one who failed the sgt test got in the 50s and passed ? Why are some people saying if you got in the 50s for the Lts test you will make it ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 429
Date:

Spanish mama wrote:
No1isbetter wrote:

The Sergeant List with scores was released. No more stupid speculations of favoritism or hiding shit.


 Most of this cite is speculation. Relax guy


 Im pretty relaxed. You guys are all the gullible, believe everything you hear & lack patience, not me.



__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 292
Date:

Ididntmakethecut wrote:

So no one who failed the sgt test got in the 50s and passed ? Why are some people saying if you got in the 50s for the Lts test you will make it ?


 Because those people dont know what they are talking about 



__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us