RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to subscribe to our mailing list and get info on the next Sgt, Lt. or Captain Exam!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Sergeant vacancies


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:
Sergeant vacancies


What are the most legit/up to date Sgt vacancies as of today? Im seeing all kinds of different numbers thrown around lol. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

Yes and what is everyone hearing about the first class? 240? 150? And approx class sizes for the first few months.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:

Its hard to know what is true and whats not regarding this list. I had someone tell me that theyre going to pick randomly off the list like in no particular orderwe know thats not true but it shows how off the information is.



-- Edited by watcher5 on Monday 8th of May 2023 01:37:02 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 1293
Date:

watcher5 wrote:

Its hard to know what is true and whats not regarding this list. I had someone tell me that theyre going to pick randomly off the list like in no particular orderwe know thats not true but it shows how off the information is.



-- Edited by watcher5 on Monday 8th of May 2023 01:37:02 PM


 Yes they will start a pilot program where you are picked for promotion off a lottery system. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 376
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
watcher5 wrote:

Its hard to know what is true and whats not regarding this list. I had someone tell me that theyre going to pick randomly off the list like in no particular orderwe know thats not true but it shows how off the information is.



-- Edited by watcher5 on Monday 8th of May 2023 01:37:02 PM


 Yes they will start a pilot program where you are picked for promotion off a lottery system. 


 This is the most asinine thing Ive read so far. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 967
Date:

I agree, this guy is a comedian.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:

Vacancies* as of 5/13/23

Sergeant - 562 (3590 out of 4101)

Lieutenant - 53 (1405 out of 1444)

Captain - +9 (359 out of 350) 20 on Terminal

Dep Insp - 37 (144 out of 180) 13 on Terminal



*includes those on Leave w/wo pay and Suspension w/wo pay

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:

Are we gonna have a problem when they fill these vacancies and no sergeants are moving up to LT bc the department doesnt need lieutenants? Seems like there will be a bottleneck

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

These lists are going to take forever

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

watcher5 wrote:

Are we gonna have a problem when they fill these vacancies and no sergeants are moving up to LT bc the department doesnt need lieutenants? Seems like there will be a bottleneck


 I think whats going to happen is big initial classes to try to catch up with the vacancies and then a slow down to the normal 20-30 promotion classes.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Aint the normal around 50?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

i dont even know whats normal anymore.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 422
Date:

Any word on how big the first class will be ? Keep hearing 110 and 200

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date:

Wish I studied harder or did the run.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

watcher5 wrote:

Wish I studied harder or did the run.


 the run is huge man! anyone knows when the fit program will be back up and running? since the academy is now a shelter they arent doing the run.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

Im sure theyll keep the program going and choose a different site (new police academy, other department owned gyms etc)


__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

The JST/Run saved me i made it bc of it

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 230
Date:

The quote/unquote normal is 450-500 a year. 



-- Edited by Noice on Monday 15th of May 2023 10:43:55 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 102
Date:

Almonte19 wrote:

The JST/Run saved me i made it bc of it


 The JST points are not added unless you passed, whether raw score or after throwouts. Same with medals + longevity points. 



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

patiently waiting 

 



__________________
Em
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us