RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order our questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Official LT list discussion


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 936
Date:
RE: List coming out


Caralho wrote:
fodx wrote:

Called IAB for an unrelated issue and the Det there mentioned that "theyre really busy clearing people for a really big promotion" this month. For what its worth, I imagine that would include Lt's.


 What lieutenants would you assume? The 2017 list was exhausted and there is currently no word on this lieutenants list coming out. 


 Probably Sergeants there are about 500 vacancies.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 553
Date:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 448
Date:

fodx wrote:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 


 Huh ?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 383
Date:

New fiscal year. Theyre going to put a big Sgt class that they couldnt in the prior months leading to end of fiscal year. Its time to put a dent in that list early. We can use all the help we can get.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 553
Date:

Caralho wrote:
fodx wrote:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 


 Huh ?


 Oh for Christmas sakes. They can promote before the list is actually released. Its happened before. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date:

Whats up with the tvb. We dont even know about throwouts etc

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 448
Date:

fodx wrote:
Caralho wrote:
fodx wrote:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 


 Huh ?


 Oh for Christmas sakes. They can promote before the list is actually released. Its happened before. 


 Really, when did that happen?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 466
Date:

fodx wrote:
Caralho wrote:
fodx wrote:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 


 Huh ?


 Oh for Christmas sakes. They can promote before the list is actually released. Its happened before. 


 Enlighten us on what basis and what order this will be done?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 573
Date:

A list needs to be established before promotions can occur. They dont need to necessarily release the list, but there is such a thing as a provisional hire. You are hired provisionally and could be brought back to your original title if circumstances of your hire change. Its alil complicated and Im over simplifying this. But you can google it. City actually thought about this w 2015 lt test debacle w the lawsuits etc. I heard it is often done outside pd w other civilian jobs. Odds of it happening w this test are extremely low. Theres simply no need for it. A list will be established. Only reason city considered it in 2015 for lt was bc of a preliminary injunction on releasing the list and the extreme need for personnel.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 466
Date:

So they would have to promote off of list from raw score passers. Im down for that

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 382
Date:

I hope this Lt list comes out ASAP.

__________________
Ak


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1288
Date:

fodx wrote:
Caralho wrote:
fodx wrote:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 


 Huh ?


 Oh for Christmas sakes. They can promote before the list is actually released. Its happened before. 


 Huh?



-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Thursday 13th of July 2023 05:42:16 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 553
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
fodx wrote:
Caralho wrote:
fodx wrote:

Well yes list isnt out yet but there can absolutely Lts. Its happened before 


 Huh ?


 Oh for Christmas sakes. They can promote before the list is actually released. Its happened before. 


 Huh?

 

 


For the love of Pete.

-- Edited by brooklynbacon on Thursday 13th of July 2023 05:42:16 PM


 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 292
Date:

aren't there still passovers from the last LT test that are technically eligible for promo?

__________________

No stripes. No gripes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

VetteCop wrote:

aren't there still passovers from the last LT test that are technically eligible for promo?


 Yes



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:

VetteCop wrote:

aren't there still passovers from the last LT test that are technically eligible for promo?


 No the list is expired.  Once the new list comes out its a dead list.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Date:

This list hasnt been established yet, old list still good as it was extended last I checked.



-- Edited by NauseousPBBN on Sunday 16th of July 2023 05:54:48 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 466
Date:

Extended to what date?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Date:

Someone posted that it was extended for a year.

 

Checked myself. Expires 5/16/24



-- Edited by NauseousPBBN on Sunday 16th of July 2023 07:43:09 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date:

When is this tvb starting/ending?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 448
Date:

3testwonder wrote:

When is this tvb starting/ending?


 Apparently no one knows



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

The 2017 lts list was extended until 01/24

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 553
Date:

Extended? What did they extend if the list is exhausted?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

The 2017 list was extended a full year (until 2024) to accommodate names that were passed over. Although they Have reached the last number of the list, there were a number of names that have been skipped over. Those names are still eligible for promotion until the list expires in 2024.  Also, although some makeup exams have been given for certain people, other people have yet to even receive a date to take the makeup exam (out sick, military, etc). The new list cant come out until all the make up exams have been given. It is still going to be a bit.



-- Edited by Nyc5000 on Monday 17th of July 2023 11:07:43 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 108
Date:

Riggggggggggght. You do know that test was administered over a half decade ago. It has been 6 full years. Those that are eligible which I doubt exist would have been eligible for the next preferred list, which is this one. They can not be given an exam with out dated material. If they do, I will be the first one to sue the city when that LT tells me I have to shave or wear a tie with long sleeve. This is a troll post.

They can and will establish this list in mid August.



-- Edited by Allout on Tuesday 18th of July 2023 12:25:07 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 466
Date:

Lets hope it comes out soon

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 936
Date:

Allout wrote:

Riggggggggggght. You do know that test was administered over a half decade ago. It has been 6 full years. Those that are eligible which I doubt exist would have been eligible for the next preferred list, which is this one. They can not be given an exam with out dated material. If they do, I will be the first one to sue the city when that LT tells me I have to shave or wear a tie with long sleeve. This is a troll post.

They can and will establish this list in mid August.



-- Edited by Allout on Tuesday 18th of July 2023 12:25:07 AM


 +1 on that troll post!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

Confused by your response.either way, there are definitely People who have yet to even be given a make up exam date. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 936
Date:

Nyc5000 wrote:

Confused by your response.either way, there are definitely People who have yet to even be given a make up exam date. 


 Scores get re-adjusted once make up exams take the tests. It happened with the 2017 sgt exam. People ended with list numbers ending in .5



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

So a list can get established and makeup exams can be given afterwards? Legitimately didnt know that, wasnt a troll post. As for the last exam, there are still passovers on that list (if you look at it, I think youll recognize at least a name or two from the news that are passed over for various reasons). Maybe they get promoted, maybe they dont, but the list expiration was allegedly extended again, and I assume the only logical reason to do that, would be to allow the passovers to still be eligible.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 936
Date:

Nyc5000 wrote:

So a list can get established and makeup exams can be given afterwards? Legitimately didnt know that, wasnt a troll post. As for the last exam, there are still passovers on that list (if you look at it, I think youll recognize at least a name or two from the news that are passed over for various reasons). Maybe they get promoted, maybe they dont, but the list expiration was allegedly extended again, and I assume the only logical reason to do that, would be to allow the passovers to still be eligible.


 Once the new list comes out and promotions are made, it will automatically nullify the previous Lt exam.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date:

Heard that the scale adjustment chart will be used for this exam as well. Anyone else hear this?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Date:

All lists got extended 1 year when shea was commissioner. This means the LT list got extended another 6 months yes? So this list could run for 5.5 years. Wild. So much for lists are good for 4 years. Theres no rules

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 292
Date:

Bklynsouth3020 wrote:

All lists got extended 1 year when shea was commissioner. This means the LT list got extended another 6 months yes? So this list could run for 5.5 years. Wild. So much for lists are good for 4 years. Theres no rules


 or just make lists run 5 years instead of 4... 



__________________

No stripes. No gripes.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 527
Date:

I cannot believe how much misinformation is spread on here.

 

NO ONE HAS TO BE WAITED ON TO TAKE A MAKEUP EXAM FOR A LIST TO BE MADE !

 

You can take a make up exam AFTER a list is made, and be placed on the list afterwards with an assigned list number, and everyones list number after that person will change.

 

Its sad how people just spread false crap on here.



__________________

10-4



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 527
Date:

Now ill wait for someone to say thats illegal or thats a lawsuit.

Sheeesh

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 448
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:

Now ill wait for someone to say thats illegal or thats a lawsuit.

Sheeesh


 I agree, a lot of people spreading their theories and not stating FACTS!! The one about the makeups made me laugh !! 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

Bklynsouth3020 wrote:

All lists got extended 1 year when shea was commissioner. This means the LT list got extended another 6 months yes? So this list could run for 5.5 years. Wild. So much for lists are good for 4 years. Theres no rules


 So the 2017 list is still active. How many passovers are left from that list? They are still eligible for promotion



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Nyc5000 wrote:
Bklynsouth3020 wrote:

All lists got extended 1 year when shea was commissioner. This means the LT list got extended another 6 months yes? So this list could run for 5.5 years. Wild. So much for lists are good for 4 years. Theres no rules


 So the 2017 list is still active. How many passovers are left from that list? They are still eligible for promotion


 Probably a handful. 

Side note, anyone that thinks this list is coming out in mid-August, which is a month away, is either trolling or misinformed. They havent even scheduled the protest review board. Right now we are looking at October-ish. When people start getting emailed to verify military points we will know we are about a month or so away. The same as Sgt and Captain. 

Until those emails go out, just sit tight and stop driving yourself crazy. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 448
Date:

Noice wrote:
Nyc5000 wrote:
Bklynsouth3020 wrote:

All lists got extended 1 year when shea was commissioner. This means the LT list got extended another 6 months yes? So this list could run for 5.5 years. Wild. So much for lists are good for 4 years. Theres no rules


 So the 2017 list is still active. How many passovers are left from that list? They are still eligible for promotion


 Probably a handful. 

Side note, anyone that thinks this list is coming out in mid-August, which is a month away, is either trolling or misinformed. They havent even scheduled the protest review board. Right now we are looking at October-ish. When people start getting emailed to verify military points we will know we are about a month or so away. The same as Sgt and Captain. 

Until those emails go out, just sit tight and stop driving yourself crazy. 


Looks like you might have some information.. it doesnt take long to finish the tvb process. Why do you say October? keep in mind I am not assuming the list is coming out in August. You seem to be firm of what you say on how long it will take this list to be released. By all means if you have some insight, enlighten us please. Thanks  



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 553
Date:

Dont worry about the list, enjoy your chart days now because youll never see them again. Trust me it sucks

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Who needs chart days when you cant use them. Ill take the steady days with no chart days any day.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

I dont have any info, its just following the process of all the other lists. In theory, we should be able to have a list a month or two after taking the test, but the reality, obviously, is that it doesnt happen that way.

The protest review lasts about a week. Then who knows how long it takes DCAS to update all the scores, but its not days, its weeks. Then presumably they have to apply the curve/scaling whatever you want to call it. Then they send the list to the job, then the job sends back extra points, medals etc.

Then DCAS sends out military verification for people electing to use their military points. That seems to be the last step. If you look at both recent captain and sergeant tests the list came out shortly after the military verification.

So Im just estimating, but considering the protest isnt done, I think we have at least two months left. Now if the job becomes desperate for Lts, which doesnt seem to the case right now, maybe can put some pressure on DCAS to hurry up.

All I know is that once we hear people getting emails to verify military, we should be about 4-6 weeks from a list being published.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:

Noice wrote:

I dont have any info, its just following the process of all the other lists. In theory, we should be able to have a list a month or two after taking the test, but the reality, obviously, is that it doesnt happen that way.

The protest review lasts about a week. Then who knows how long it takes DCAS to update all the scores, but its not days, its weeks. Then presumably they have to apply the curve/scaling whatever you want to call it. Then they send the list to the job, then the job sends back extra points, medals etc.

Then DCAS sends out military verification for people electing to use their military points. That seems to be the last step. If you look at both recent captain and sergeant tests the list came out shortly after the military verification.

So Im just estimating, but considering the protest isnt done, I think we have at least two months left. Now if the job becomes desperate for Lts, which doesnt seem to the case right now, maybe can put some pressure on DCAS to hurry up.

All I know is that once we hear people getting emails to verify military, we should be about 4-6 weeks from a list being published.


 Youre right, for the Sergeants exam the military verification emails were sent out around mid March. The list was published early May. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Date:

Yes, and captain they went out I think around end of November and the list dropped a month later.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Date:

Any updates ?

All out lt

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 196
Date:

Pretty sure thats why the saying is die on the list.either way im still going with mid august to beginning of September and 1200 people 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

Just as I said earlier, an Lt from the 2017 is getting promoted on Friday. There are still Passovers eligible for promotion because the list expiration was extended until 2024

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 383
Date:

Loud & clear bud. When youre right, youre right.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:

Nyc5000 wrote:

Just as I said earlier, an Lt from the 2017 is getting promoted on Friday. There are still Passovers eligible for promotion because the list expiration was extended until 2024


 The list wasnt extended until January 24. That is incorrect. They are legally allowed to promote off expired lists until new lists are established.  When the 2023 LT list comes out the current list will immediately replace it. 



__________________
« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us