RISING STAR ! The ultimate source to ace your NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain Exam Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to subscribe to our mailing list and get info on the next Sgt, Lt. or Captain Exam!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: List a few weeks away


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:
List a few weeks away


Yup, nobody knows for sure. Its a dynamic situation, they can go deeper into the list depending on what happens throughout the years.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 419
Date:

Whens the first class happening and how big ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

skelgel wrote:

not to pick on you, I actually hope you make it, but passit for example. He is on the list, he will hold on to hope and hopefully make it. As opposed to him not making the list and becoming bitter and starting a lawsuit saying it was unfair due to the different days and sessions. Btw I agree that it was not fair lol. but yea this is why I personally think the list is so huge.


 Don't pick on me.lolol

 

 

 

 



__________________
Ak


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

InsideGuy wrote:

Everyone is getting made unless you eat a court jam sandwich. They said they couldn't make 1600 and they did, they said they wouldn't make 2600 and they did. They said they wouldn't make 4400..... see my point. The vacancies are in the mid hundreds already, factor in the new PBA contract and more people (hopefully sane people) will sign up for this job. 109k with only 60 credits??? Shit people with masters and 100k in loans are making 80k. More cops, more Sgts needed. I'm not a fan of anyone who passed on a curve or cheated I'm sorry people spent way to much time and money studying. But the list is the list and EVERYONE will be made.


 This!!!!



__________________
Ak


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


 100%%%%%%%%%%



__________________
Ak


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Passit100 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

not to pick on you, I actually hope you make it, but passit for example. He is on the list, he will hold on to hope and hopefully make it. As opposed to him not making the list and becoming bitter and starting a lawsuit saying it was unfair due to the different days and sessions. Btw I agree that it was not fair lol. but yea this is why I personally think the list is so huge.


 Don't pick on me.lolol

 

 

 

 

never bro! you the man

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

skelgel wrote:
Passit100 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

not to pick on you, I actually hope you make it, but passit for example. He is on the list, he will hold on to hope and hopefully make it. As opposed to him not making the list and becoming bitter and starting a lawsuit saying it was unfair due to the different days and sessions. Btw I agree that it was not fair lol. but yea this is why I personally think the list is so huge.


 Don't pick on me.lolol

 

 

 

 

never bro! you the man

 


 Lol nah u the man bro haha



__________________
Ak


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 307
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


 facts....

 

and from someone who was in the 2000's from the last list... don't let anybody tell you that you won't make it. I've been there. And guess what? #1 and #2600+ from that list - all sergeants.

 

Congrats to all that PASSED. regardless of curves or throw outs, you made it. 



__________________

No stripes. No gripes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts? LOL. And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?  The delusions here are strong. Maybe theyll change Civil Service Law. Maybe theyll just increase headcount by 4000 so we have 8000 Sgts with 1 supervisor for every 3 cops. LOL. And maybe if my aunts legs turn into wheels that makes her a bicycle. Do you realize how stupid you sound? No one is gatekeeping anything. Civil Service law says the list dies in 4 years. There are 4400 Sgts on the job. They will not replace the entire rank in 4 years. Those are actual facts. Everything you have said is speculation and hope. Youre literally dealing in pipe dreams but you have the balls to come on here and lecture others who deal in actual facts. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts? LOL. And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?  The delusions here are strong. Maybe theyll change Civil Service Law. Maybe theyll just increase headcount by 4000 so we have 8000 Sgts with 1 supervisor for every 3 cops. LOL. And maybe if my aunts legs turn into wheels that makes her a bicycle. Do you realize how stupid you sound? No one is gatekeeping anything. Civil Service law says the list dies in 4 years. There are 4400 Sgts on the job. They will not replace the entire rank in 4 years. Those are actual facts. Everything you have said is speculation and hope. Youre literally dealing in pipe dreams but you have the balls to come on here and lecture others who deal in actual facts. 


"Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts?"

No, ding dong. By your logic then every exam increases headcount. Our dept is drained, but if they start hiring like crazy again then they will need the bosses. There's barely enough now, as you will learn soon enough. Get ready for your doubles on the desk kiddo.

"And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?"

They recently just did this actually, remember when they extended the last sgt list by a year? They can do that, because this is all a game and they make the rules.

Your aunt is a nice ride though, even without the wheels.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 413
Date:

Lol I remember that 2017 exam & the initial opinions were ohhhh this list will never make it past 1600, as I eventually checked back in the thread with my ever so safe 2000s score & a year in rank, do yourselves all a favor, & dont listen to opinions. The whole 2017 list of 2600+ got made minus passovers, ppl who left, & failed CARB. Ideally, with 3 tours of 12, 6 squads total, needing Atleast 2 Sgts, its safe to say Patrol will need a minimum of 12 Sgts compared to current day 9 for 9 squads. Theyll make a dent on this list. Many will retire, many more will leave the job, many more will pass it up to keep their Grade & cozy spot, & others will get jammed up. The main advice I can give, is dont let your future be based off this list if youre in the latter half. Become a detective, or go to Nassau/Suffolk/Westchester/MTA/PA. And when year 4 comes, if youre still waiting, dont prevent yourself from studying again thinking youre a lock off this list. Itll prepare you for that LT Exam early if you make it.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts? LOL. And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?  The delusions here are strong. Maybe theyll change Civil Service Law. Maybe theyll just increase headcount by 4000 so we have 8000 Sgts with 1 supervisor for every 3 cops. LOL. And maybe if my aunts legs turn into wheels that makes her a bicycle. Do you realize how stupid you sound? No one is gatekeeping anything. Civil Service law says the list dies in 4 years. There are 4400 Sgts on the job. They will not replace the entire rank in 4 years. Those are actual facts. Everything you have said is speculation and hope. Youre literally dealing in pipe dreams but you have the balls to come on here and lecture others who deal in actual facts. 


"Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts?"

No, ding dong. By your logic then every exam increases headcount. Our dept is drained, but if they start hiring like crazy again then they will need the bosses. There's barely enough now, as you will learn soon enough. Get ready for your doubles on the desk kiddo.

"And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?"

They recently just did this actually, remember when they extended the last sgt list by a year? They can do that, because this is all a game and they make the rules.

Your aunt is a nice ride though, even without the wheels.


 Factss



__________________
Ak


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts? LOL. And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?  The delusions here are strong. Maybe theyll change Civil Service Law. Maybe theyll just increase headcount by 4000 so we have 8000 Sgts with 1 supervisor for every 3 cops. LOL. And maybe if my aunts legs turn into wheels that makes her a bicycle. Do you realize how stupid you sound? No one is gatekeeping anything. Civil Service law says the list dies in 4 years. There are 4400 Sgts on the job. They will not replace the entire rank in 4 years. Those are actual facts. Everything you have said is speculation and hope. Youre literally dealing in pipe dreams but you have the balls to come on here and lecture others who deal in actual facts. 


"Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts?"

No, ding dong. By your logic then every exam increases headcount. Our dept is drained, but if they start hiring like crazy again then they will need the bosses. There's barely enough now, as you will learn soon enough. Get ready for your doubles on the desk kiddo.

"And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?"

They recently just did this actually, remember when they extended the last sgt list by a year? They can do that, because this is all a game and they make the rules.

Your aunt is a nice ride though, even without the wheels.


Drained? Lol. Theyre short 325 Sgts as of 4/24. They already have an authorized headcount for each rank. Theyre short a 1000 cops and 325 Sgts. As they hire the cops, they fill the 325 Sgt vacancies. Do you get it yet? They arent expanding the authorized Sgt headcount because you made a wish for it happen. Theyre just filling existing vacancies within the already authorized headcount. They also didnt change Civil Service Law. Remember that once in a hundred year health emergency thing? LOL They got an extension in accordance with the law for a documented national emergency. That likely will not happen again! Keep blowing that hope smoke up everyones ass though!



-- Edited by soccerpsyco32 on Monday 8th of May 2023 03:15:53 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 307
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
fiftyfouredp wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:
skelgel wrote:

I personally think they made the list so big so people wont sue and say it was unfair. Lets make the list bigger give those who scored a 55 or above a boost. Those who scored lower never studied to begin with so they are not likely to complain. But by adding the 55 and above on a list, we make them happy and we dont get sued, but in 4 years IF the list was to get cut hey thats out of our hands sorry. Just my logic I am not sure if this is the case.


Bingo!!! The job is always looking for less liability. So theyll just make a 4400 person list. Then when it dies in 4 years they use Civil Service Law section 56 as their shield and shrug their shoulders. This happened in 2003 before they even had a passing score. You had a 5000 person Sgt list, the job promoted who they could in 4 years and the rest just died due to State law and no lawsuits even stood a chance in court. To them, thats easier than fighting every lawsuit that comes when crybabies who didnt hit a 70 try and sue and claim x y and z. 


Except everyone said the same thing when the last "completely unprecedented" sgts list came out. We all thought it was racism, or fear of lawsuits, or some chief's son was at the bottom. But it didn't matter because they ended up finishing the list anyway. Of course, there's no guarantees, the list could die. But the city does things for a reason, and its most likely because they anticipate more cops and thus need more bosses because of the contract raise. We are way below the authorized headcount, and maybe, just maybe, 4,000 more sgts is what's needed when we get back to full strength. The city is cheap as shit and would probably look to change the law to 6+ years for civil service exam since its a complete mess everytime they give one.

Also- They don't care that you studied harder, congrats tho, you got a higher spot on the list and will have more time in rank now, not more than me, but whatever. that's your reward for studying. so stop being an asshole and gatekeeping this shit, we all know this test is complete BS and not indicative of how you will be as a boss. 


Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts? LOL. And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?  The delusions here are strong. Maybe theyll change Civil Service Law. Maybe theyll just increase headcount by 4000 so we have 8000 Sgts with 1 supervisor for every 3 cops. LOL. And maybe if my aunts legs turn into wheels that makes her a bicycle. Do you realize how stupid you sound? No one is gatekeeping anything. Civil Service law says the list dies in 4 years. There are 4400 Sgts on the job. They will not replace the entire rank in 4 years. Those are actual facts. Everything you have said is speculation and hope. Youre literally dealing in pipe dreams but you have the balls to come on here and lecture others who deal in actual facts. 


"Ohh so theyll just increase the Sgt headcount by 4000? 8000 plus Sgts?"

No, ding dong. By your logic then every exam increases headcount. Our dept is drained, but if they start hiring like crazy again then they will need the bosses. There's barely enough now, as you will learn soon enough. Get ready for your doubles on the desk kiddo.

"And then theyll get State Civil Service Law changed too?"

They recently just did this actually, remember when they extended the last sgt list by a year? They can do that, because this is all a game and they make the rules.

Your aunt is a nice ride though, even without the wheels.


Drained? Lol. Theyre short 325 Sgts as of 4/24. They already have an authorized headcount for each rank. Theyre short a 1000 cops and 325 Sgts. As they hire the cops, they fill the 325 Sgt vacancies. Do you get it yet? They arent expanding the authorized Sgt headcount because you made a wish for it happen. Theyre just filling existing vacancies within the already authorized headcount. They also didnt change Civil Service Law. Remember that once in a hundred year health emergency thing? LOL They got an extension in accordance with the law for a documented national emergency. That likely will not happen again! Keep blowing that hope smoke up everyones ass though!



-- Edited by soccerpsyco32 on Monday 8th of May 2023 02:03:13 AM


 how do you explain the SECOND "1 year extension" for the now old sergeants list?

 

yes, it would have spanned SIX years if it had to. 

 

there's over 500+ sergeant vacancies, and a bunch of looming retirements. Expect a bump of bosses when the supervisory ranks eventually agree to 12 hour tours - because they will. 4400 is a hell of a lot, but given all the circumstances and possibilities - it's not really out of the realm of reality that they get through most of this list, if not all of it. Trust me, you WANT more sergeants. If you haven't realized that yet, you will. 



__________________

No stripes. No gripes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

No. There are 325 vacancies not 500 plus. I cant have a conversation with people who arent grounded in reality. Youre clearly on the hope kool aid too. They got an extension to finish the current list because they froze hiring and promotions during the pandemic. Why is that hard to understand? They were able to do that because they had a legal justification that allowed for it in the law. LOL. You hope addicts are saying that they will invent a new emergency in 4 years to extend this list? And/or theyll just add a few thousand more Sgts to the authorized headcount just so no ones feelings get hurt? Holy crap, this is a lost cause. The hope kool aid is strong amongst you. Check out the 2003 Sgt list and 2006 Lt list. Thats a harbinger of whats to come for those who are at the end of this list. Congrats to those who make it, and for those who dont, your score matters and the effort you put into preparing for the exam matters. If you dont make it, then hopefully that lesson motivates you for the next exam.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:

No. There are 325 vacancies not 500 plus. I cant have a conversation with people who arent grounded in reality. Youre clearly on the hope kool aid too. They got an extension to finish the current list because they froze hiring and promotions during the pandemic. Why is that hard to understand? They were able to do that because they had a legal justification that allowed for it in the law. LOL. You hope addicts are saying that they will invent a new emergency in 4 years to extend this list? And/or theyll just add a few thousand more Sgts to the authorized headcount just so no ones feelings get hurt? Holy crap, this is a lost cause. The hope kool aid is strong amongst you. Check out the 2003 Sgt list and 2006 Lt list. Thats a harbinger of whats to come for those who are at the end of this list. Congrats to those who make it, and for those who dont, your score matters and the effort you put into preparing for the exam matters. If you dont make it, then hopefully that lesson motivates you for the next exam.


 Well said. 

Realistically, up to what list number do you think is safe?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Date:

If there is higher than normal attrition, you could see 500-600 promotions a year. 2000-2400 possibly. Thats a stretch though actually. With regular attrition (about 10 percent per year) you will get 450 per year. Thats 1800. I think somewhere between 1800-2000 is probable. Anything after that is hope and speculation.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 190
Date:

Jopagocks wrote:
soccerpsyco32 wrote:

No. There are 325 vacancies not 500 plus. I cant have a conversation with people who arent grounded in reality. Youre clearly on the hope kool aid too. They got an extension to finish the current list because they froze hiring and promotions during the pandemic. Why is that hard to understand? They were able to do that because they had a legal justification that allowed for it in the law. LOL. You hope addicts are saying that they will invent a new emergency in 4 years to extend this list? And/or theyll just add a few thousand more Sgts to the authorized headcount just so no ones feelings get hurt? Holy crap, this is a lost cause. The hope kool aid is strong amongst you. Check out the 2003 Sgt list and 2006 Lt list. Thats a harbinger of whats to come for those who are at the end of this list. Congrats to those who make it, and for those who dont, your score matters and the effort you put into preparing for the exam matters. If you dont make it, then hopefully that lesson motivates you for the next exam.


 Well said. 

Realistically, up to what list number do you think is safe?


 Nobody knows the future, we can only guesstimate. I say up to 2,000 is safe. The 2,000 - 3,000 range is a toss-up. The 3,000+ people are delusional if they think they're getting promoted. Anything is possible though.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 307
Date:

soccerpsyco32 wrote:

No. There are 325 vacancies not 500 plus. I cant have a conversation with people who arent grounded in reality. Youre clearly on the hope kool aid too. They got an extension to finish the current list because they froze hiring and promotions during the pandemic. Why is that hard to understand? They were able to do that because they had a legal justification that allowed for it in the law. LOL. You hope addicts are saying that they will invent a new emergency in 4 years to extend this list? And/or theyll just add a few thousand more Sgts to the authorized headcount just so no ones feelings get hurt? Holy crap, this is a lost cause. The hope kool aid is strong amongst you. Check out the 2003 Sgt list and 2006 Lt list. Thats a harbinger of whats to come for those who are at the end of this list. Congrats to those who make it, and for those who dont, your score matters and the effort you put into preparing for the exam matters. If you dont make it, then hopefully that lesson motivates you for the next exam.


 You realize that there used to be well over 5000 sgt, right? Your 325 number is the first I'm hearing of it. I understand the civil service law. I am not delusional. All I am saying is they'll get through a nice chunk of this list. Sure, if you're in the mid to high 2000's and up you should figure out a backup plan, but again, retirements, promotions, extended tours, increased hiring, and any other unforeseen circumstances a large portion of this list gets made. 

now get off your damn pedestal and drink some kool aid. It may lower your blood pressure. 



__________________

No stripes. No gripes.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 373
Date:

Hopium is strong with this list

__________________
M55


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

My sources telling me they want 400 names for clearance by sometime this month. That's just to see if they're cleared to get promoted (got enough credits etc.) Idk how many going into the class, but my source says they usually start the promotions 4 to 5 days after they got the clearance, so based off what I'm being told I expect it to start 3rd or (if they're taking their time) the 4th week of May. My source works around the people that do this stuff, but I can't be sure that they're 100 percent right

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:

I heard the same thing from someone else a few minutes ago. Seems like its legit!

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Date:

Deleted



-- Edited by 28approved on Wednesday 10th of May 2023 01:07:01 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

what are the chances that this class is so big that they skip june? I couldve sworn that promotions were monthly but a couple guys said its not rare that they skip months

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:

I feel like the chances that they do 2 classes back to back are pretty decent. They haven't promoted a a class of sgts since December, and theyll probably shut down promotions till after the summer and resume around September. They would want to catch up with the lack of promotions so far this year and promote about 300 with 2 classes. Then promote an additional 200 September through December. I havent heard this from anyone, im just guessing here lol.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 190
Date:

Final scores are now posted on the DCAS website

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 373
Date:

Did anyone have their raw score change?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 190
Date:

See attached list with scores



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:

Nice

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

From 69 to 80.25



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

so much for dcas not releasing scores lmao

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:

Went from 83 to 92.5x with only 2.02 seniortiy points lol. This curve was ridiculous.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:

TransitCop wrote:

Did anyone have their raw score change?


 Na bro. On OASYS the score appears the same as our original raw scores. The adjusted scores are on city data website. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 500
Date:

Link to city data website please

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

61 to 79

__________________
Ak


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/vx8i-nprf



-- Edited by Copper1220 on Thursday 11th of May 2023 07:00:11 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

I know for a fact that someone scored a 60 and ended up in the 2400s. This list definitley dipped into the 50s, this is a fact, case closed.



-- Edited by fiftyfouredp on Thursday 11th of May 2023 07:28:31 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 373
Date:

Person in my command went from 61-82 this curve was insane.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

I mean, im kinda on both sides. I ended up with a great list number, and hopefully gone in a year or so, so i have zero skin in the game for people bashing the cops at the end of the list.

On one side, yes its unlikely they all get made. But on the other side, only one sergeants list was cut in the last 25 years of this job, so you never know. Let em be happy who cares.

People seriously underestimate how much this job is broken, and seriously underestimate how many cops are still going to leave that are on this list, as well as sergeants retiring/getting promoted if they curve the LT exam too.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

You say that now until someone with a 56 is now taking the same Lt exam as you and passes you...kinda craps on all the hard work you put in.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Date:

Yano led all to the promise land. Everyone who talked shit about the original khaki pant cowboy should be ashamed.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

Didn't lead me to anywhere. I followed Sensei Mifsud. His wisdom taught me there was no promise land. Everything exists within oneself. Life is the promise land.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Date:

Shrek-
The uncle will be honest, misfud was really good but the rest of those marmalukes he works with arent the best. Yano is great because he does coke before every lesson.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

The beauty of the Key is everyone is absolutely polluted before they teach a class. It's collegiate atmosphere that really inspires one to relive their scholastic years and hit the books. I should also admit that I never attended any class, I just read packets and the guide.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

if that may 19 day is still a thing, when you guys think the the finest will drop?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:

No clue, maybe Monday lol

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Date:

Papi825 wrote:

No clue, maybe Monday lol


 I was thinking wednesday. lol monday would be very nice of them.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 469
Date:

Yes it would, this should be a week notice at least smh lol.

__________________
« First  <  Page 18  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us