FINAL PRICE DROP!!! 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $199! Yes, $150 off!--only $199 for all our questions plus 4 full-length exams! Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Received the DCAS Notice of Result


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:
Received the DCAS Notice of Result


Emailed to me at 0035 hours. Adjusted points towards my final score was 6.006 points then you have to add longevity or "performance and seniority" as they called it. Test was curved, list is real.  I feel bad for people who had a legit raw score of 70-71 and get leapfrogged by folks who legit failed. But it is what it is.

 

End is here. Good luck to all.

#RespectTheGuidelines

#GoFuckYourself

#EpsteinKilledJFK



-- Edited by Bill Parcells on Friday 6th of January 2023 06:15:00 AM

__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 602
Date:

Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 414
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored
 
 Not saying I disagree, but I don't have a whole score in just the multiple choice section. Mine ended in .699 how is that possible? 


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

FranknBeans wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored
 
 Not saying I disagree, but I don't have a whole score in just the multiple choice section. Mine ended in .699 how is that possible? 

 That's why I said curve 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

Why wasting your time with those guys Coach? I dont understand this new trend where you have people arguing facts.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

Bill Parcells wrote:
FranknBeans wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:
Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored
 
 Not saying I disagree, but I don't have a whole score in just the multiple choice section. Mine ended in .699 how is that possible? 

 That's why I said curve 


 Test was definitely curved 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1427
Date:

Exam was curved! Please stop the nonsense. I have shared this Intel a while back. Please refer to my previous posts. Billy P is only AFFIRMING my Intel. Thanks Billy and congrats to all that passed.


__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 882
Date:

At least people will stop with the non sense now that the list is fake.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored


 It was curved as everyone received just about the same points. 
If it was throwouts and double answers then some people wouldve picked up 5 and some wouldve been unlucky and gotten 1. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Are these 6 points in addition to the 2 point adjustment they made on the dashboard earlier?

__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

Exam was curved! Please stop the nonsense. I have shared this Intel a while back. Please refer to my previous posts. Billy P is only AFFIRMING my Intel. Thanks Billy and congrats to all that passed.


 Your intel said 110-115 people passed and that the final list would never be more than 200.

stop the BS



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored


 100% Truth.

clowns that didnt go to the protest session to see how poorly many of the Questions or Answers were, always have 2 cents at the end of every fact that their Emotions disagree with. 
I protested FACTUAL 4 questions that were clear as day were throw outs. Obviously theres not enough time to protest every single one u get wrong but im sure others did and thats why theres several points added. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 163
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

Exam was curved! Please stop the nonsense. I have shared this Intel a while back. Please refer to my previous posts. Billy P is only AFFIRMING my Intel. Thanks Billy and congrats to all that passed.


 Your intel has been consistently wrong. Respect the guidelines DRPapi or face possible ban.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 882
Date:

You really want Drpapi banned ? His name.so close.to Dr. PEPPER. I love that drink.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

21to25andOut wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Sorry coach. Test was not curved. They hust threw out questions as a result of double answers..thanks to the 9 heroes showing up and protesting at the protest sessions. The balance To the force has been restored


 100% Truth.

clowns that didnt go to the protest session to see how poorly many of the Questions or Answers were, always have 2 cents at the end of every fact that their Emotions disagree with. 
I protested FACTUAL 4 questions that were clear as day were throw outs. Obviously theres not enough time to protest every single one u get wrong but im sure others did and thats why theres several points added. 


 Didn't you fail and also claim the list wasn't real until notifications were sent to us?



-- Edited by Bill Parcells on Friday 6th of January 2023 03:16:32 PM

__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 506
Date:

I can tell you there is an established process that Dcas has deployed under a law firm dealing with civil service law. The exams under go an analysis in which questions get weighed differently. I dont know if its based on race gender difficulty etc but supposedly this is legit according to civil service law. In the end you can believe me..believe there was 20 throw outs..believe aliens gave you extra points. In the end the list is what it is



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Friday 6th of January 2023 02:55:00 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

Correct. That process has been pretty evident since 2017. The lists have been gigantic since then (sgt/LT/Capt). Id imagine the upcoming sergeant list is going to be a monster as well.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1138
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

I can tell you there is an established process that Dcas has deployed under a law firm dealing with civil service law. The exams under go an analysis in which questions get weighed differently. I dont know if its based on race gender difficulty etc but supposedly this is legit according to civil service law. In the end you can believe me..believe there was 20 throw outs..believe aliens gave you extra points. In the end the list is what it is



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Friday 6th of January 2023 02:55:00 PM


 Exactly. Respect the guidelines!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

From a previous exam thread

The scaling fits in with the score I received this morning in the email.

 

eze wrote:


Thanks to our sources we have some answers in regard to your sergeant exam.

It seems that DCAS decided to scale your exam. Scaling is done whenever there are exams with multiple versions; it allows for fairness whenever one version is deemed harder or easier than a comparison exam. In your case the test was scaled up.

Each question you got right was worth 1 point, however, for each question you got wrong you were only deducted .769 points. Attached you'll find a formula showing what your raw score was (pre-scaling) and what your final score should be (prior to adding points/medals)

 

For those of you who remember what your raw score was pls IM me to confirm this further.

 

Ed

 



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

Yep. Looks like they used a similar scale this time around

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 667
Date:

So it looks like a 61 raw score is the new passing grade for these exams

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

Lol I love how people acting like this scaling or curving tests is new. I had a SGT in 2013 at a training tell the class he scored a 55 on his test in the late 90s. These tests have been being manipulated in one way or another for god knows how long.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Date:

It makes sense the way EZE explained the scaling method. Because they had multiple versions of the exam, that makes it fair to create a scaling scheme to satisfy everyone. I am absolutely certain Id get certain questions right if I had the different version of the exam. I knew the procedures, I just got tricked by a word or two.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

Zeph wrote:

It makes sense the way EZE explained the scaling method. Because they had multiple versions of the exam, that makes it fair to create a scaling scheme to satisfy everyone. I am absolutely certain Id get certain questions right if I had the different version of the exam. I knew the procedures, I just got tricked by a word or two.


 so you got tricked by a word or two and you think you should pass ? 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Everytime I call Dcas to and press option 2 and put my social in it says my social is invalid. Does anyone have this problem. Dcas number (212)669-1357

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:

Ok, so this is what I got. The TVB reviews all the protest questions and then takes both the am & pm exam. DCAS then asks them to rate the level of difficulty of both exams. I heard from one of the Capt's mouth that the AM exam was more challenging than the PM exam. Based on the information DCAS gets, they scale the exam.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 260
Date:

BORICUAPLATINUM wrote:

Ok, so this is what I got. The TVB reviews all the protest questions and then takes both the am & pm exam. DCAS then asks them to rate the level of difficulty of both exams. I heard from one of the Capt's mouth that the AM exam was more challenging than the PM exam. Based on the information DCAS gets, they scale the exam.


 I would think it would be scaled by how the actual test takers did am vs pm. Asking someones opinion who hasnt studied in half a decade or more an opinion doesnt seem very scientific/mathematical. With that said, I bet dcas would do something like that.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 577
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:
BORICUAPLATINUM wrote:

Ok, so this is what I got. The TVB reviews all the protest questions and then takes both the am & pm exam. DCAS then asks them to rate the level of difficulty of both exams. I heard from one of the Capt's mouth that the AM exam was more challenging than the PM exam. Based on the information DCAS gets, they scale the exam.


 A 3rd grader couldve passed the PM exam. 


most of the higher scores and people I know in the top 25-50 took the am. Wish I took the am



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:

Most of the people I know who did very well, took the PM exam. They're making it in the 1st & 2nd class.



-- Edited by BORICUAPLATINUM on Saturday 7th of January 2023 07:47:35 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 506
Date:

Dcas does not scale the exam. A law firm that was foiled here before does. They do a whole analysis looking at the questions and I believe even looking at genders race etc to see if a question was statistically flawed. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:

All I can share is what I know from a Capt that was part of TVB. Not sure what DCAS does with the information they gather from them. He did in fact take our exam while doing part of the TVB review. He said it was a few Capts taking it. He also mentioned there were 2 female attorneys there. These females were not from NY. That's all he could share.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 506
Date:

Yep your info is accurate. Its just the job of the attorneys to analyze and give the weighing of question

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

It seems that the questions were weighted the same as that previous exam. My score lines up exactly with the chart.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us