It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Filing Period for Lieutenant Exam


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:
Filing Period for Lieutenant Exam


DCAS has posted the filing date for the Lieutenant Exam.

 

The filing date is December 1st through December 21st 2022.

 



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:

So probably a February test

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

fiftyfouredp wrote:

So probably a February test


 I heard March/April based on the filing date. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 305
Date:

I just checked the upcoming Capt test.  Filing in May 2022, Test August 16, 2022.

 

If your filing is December, test should be March.

 

Hope that helps



-- Edited by TransitJoe on Friday 1st of July 2022 06:17:14 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 588
Date:

Dahomeless1 wrote:

DCAS has posted the filing date for the Lieutenant Exam.

 

The filing date is December 1st through December 21st 2022.

 


 This gives ample amount of time to finish the current sgt list.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 495
Date:

delete



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Friday 1st of July 2022 07:57:42 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

My money is on March they want everyone to be promoted off the 17 listwonder if any classes from this Sgt exam will be promoted before the test

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:

Any word on elite changing its schedule?

__________________

When Bernie Kerik was in charge, thats When the job was really the job



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

EyeMissBernard wrote:

Any word on elite changing its schedule?


 Mike sent an email out stating the schedule will be amended based on the filing period.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 71
Date:

Thanks, had it going to my junk. 



__________________

When Bernie Kerik was in charge, thats When the job was really the job



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 582
Date:

Anyone on the current Sgt list have an excellent chance at getting promoted as this filing date/period and prospective exam date of march/april dictates to me that they plan on full exhaustion of this exam in order to promote. Alternatively, the dates of the 2022 Sgt exam also shows that they are shooting for a Jan/Feb list finalization of those who passed to begin promoting them as well.

So with this rambling post, I am just pushing positivity to the ones waiting to get promoted in order to take the LT exam. This is not concrete information at all, just an observation.

I will be filing and 99% going with the KEY.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 230
Date:

yougonow wrote:

Anyone on the current Sgt list have an excellent chance at getting promoted as this filing date/period and prospective exam date of march/april dictates to me that they plan on full exhaustion of this exam in order to promote. Alternatively, the dates of the 2022 Sgt exam also shows that they are shooting for a Jan/Feb list finalization of those who passed to begin promoting them as well.

So with this rambling post, I am just pushing positivity to the ones waiting to get promoted in order to take the LT exam. This is not concrete information at all, just an observation.

I will be filing and 99% going with the KEY.


 I would assume with a December filing date that the plan is to put the last class in on this list for December as a holiday promotion so with 360 names left i would assume 2 more classes with July and then October ending with a large Decemeber promo to finish the list and allowing anyone left on this list to file for the next LT exam. Just my opinion



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 588
Date:

Taketheday wrote:
yougonow wrote:

Anyone on the current Sgt list have an excellent chance at getting promoted as this filing date/period and prospective exam date of march/april dictates to me that they plan on full exhaustion of this exam in order to promote. Alternatively, the dates of the 2022 Sgt exam also shows that they are shooting for a Jan/Feb list finalization of those who passed to begin promoting them as well.

So with this rambling post, I am just pushing positivity to the ones waiting to get promoted in order to take the LT exam. This is not concrete information at all, just an observation.

I will be filing and 99% going with the KEY.


 I would assume with a December filing date that the plan is to put the last class in on this list for December as a holiday promotion so with 360 names left i would assume 2 more classes with July and then October ending with a large Decemeber promo to finish the list and allowing anyone left on this list to file for the next LT exam. Just my opinion


 Either that or the usual 60 a month Up until December.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

DCAS informed the department. Test to be held in March

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

Rising star, any predictions on whether Lt test will be held at DCAS facility or a third party venue?



-- Edited by Happy Al on Thursday 18th of August 2022 12:07:05 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

Hit the books guys/gals! All schools are great but I'd go with The Key and Rising Star! Can't lose

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

Hit the books guys/gals! All schools are great but I'd go with The Key and Rising Star! Can't lose


 I can personally like the key re writes/ cram questions 

rising star to supplement elite guide

elf app is good to have when at a docs office or when waiting somewhere his elf questions all though very very repetitive recite the patrol guide a lot not a

the worst way to workI think doing as many questions as you can still the best way to go



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:
RE: Filing Period for Lieutenant


JPAL91091 wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

Hit the books guys/gals! All schools are great but I'd go with The Key and Rising Star! Can't lose


 I can personally like the key re writes/ cram questions 

rising star to supplement elite guide

elf app is good to have when at a docs office or when waiting somewhere his elf questions all though very very repetitive recite the patrol guide a lot not a

the worst way to workI think doing as many questions as you can still the best way to go


 Not knocking Mike,...we've all used his services before. I'm talking about RESULTS ! People are under this assumption that these exams are like the silly questions they take during class,........It's NOT! Rising Star's questions prepare you to see those wacky questions they write Lol,.......The Key's classes are very well taught by George , Ralph and the crew,......I guess it's a matter of preference,.....I say The Key and Rising Star for the WIN!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
RE: Filing Period for Lieutenant Exam


DRPapi1983 wrote:
JPAL91091 wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

Hit the books guys/gals! All schools are great but I'd go with The Key and Rising Star! Can't lose


 I can personally like the key re writes/ cram questions 

rising star to supplement elite guide

elf app is good to have when at a docs office or when waiting somewhere his elf questions all though very very repetitive recite the patrol guide a lot not a

the worst way to workI think doing as many questions as you can still the best way to go


 Not knocking Mike,...we've all used his services before. I'm talking about RESULTS ! People are under this assumption that these exams are like the silly questions they take during class,........It's NOT! Rising Star's questions prepare you to see those wacky questions they write Lol,.......The Key's classes are very well taught by George , Ralph and the crew,......I guess it's a matter of preference,.....I say The Key and Rising Star for the WIN!


 All Ill say is, I took Mike and got in the mid 80s on my sgts exam, which was a solid score for this past exam. Everything on that test was in his packets 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 588
Date:

HopeBoss wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
JPAL91091 wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

Hit the books guys/gals! All schools are great but I'd go with The Key and Rising Star! Can't lose


 I can personally like the key re writes/ cram questions 

rising star to supplement elite guide

elf app is good to have when at a docs office or when waiting somewhere his elf questions all though very very repetitive recite the patrol guide a lot not a

the worst way to workI think doing as many questions as you can still the best way to go


 Not knocking Mike,...we've all used his services before. I'm talking about RESULTS ! People are under this assumption that these exams are like the silly questions they take during class,........It's NOT! Rising Star's questions prepare you to see those wacky questions they write Lol,.......The Key's classes are very well taught by George , Ralph and the crew,......I guess it's a matter of preference,.....I say The Key and Rising Star for the WIN!


 All Ill say is, I took Mike and got in the mid 80s on my sgts exam, which was a solid score for this past exam. Everything on that test was in his packets 


 I dont know why people are blaming mike for their failures. If you failed you obviously didnt put the time and effort. I have always said you must read that guide raw and know everything in that guide. His packets are great once you have a good foundation of the PG.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
HopeBoss wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
JPAL91091 wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

Hit the books guys/gals! All schools are great but I'd go with The Key and Rising Star! Can't lose


 I can personally like the key re writes/ cram questions 

rising star to supplement elite guide

elf app is good to have when at a docs office or when waiting somewhere his elf questions all though very very repetitive recite the patrol guide a lot not a

the worst way to workI think doing as many questions as you can still the best way to go


 Not knocking Mike,...we've all used his services before. I'm talking about RESULTS ! People are under this assumption that these exams are like the silly questions they take during class,........It's NOT! Rising Star's questions prepare you to see those wacky questions they write Lol,.......The Key's classes are very well taught by George , Ralph and the crew,......I guess it's a matter of preference,.....I say The Key and Rising Star for the WIN!


 All Ill say is, I took Mike and got in the mid 80s on my sgts exam, which was a solid score for this past exam. Everything on that test was in his packets 


 I dont know why people are blaming mike for their failures. If you failed you obviously didnt put the time and effort. I have always said you must read that guide raw and know everything in that guide. His packets are great once you have a good foundation of the PG.


 
for what its worth, I didnt read the guide and just stuck to his packets and I got an 84. With my points and throw outs Ill probably be somewhere in the 90s



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

These exam writers want to stay away from the typical questions that these schools make. Feed back is crazy. I never hear students say "Exam was like the questions we take at Mikes" I'd rather go with a school that have written exams. Mike hasn't done this. Not knocking him, but everyone I talk to concedes to this. You want to crush your competition. My humble opinion.

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

These exam writers want to stay away from the typical questions that these schools make. Feed back is crazy. I never hear students say "Exam was like the questions we take at Mikes" I'd rather go with a school that have written exams. Mike hasn't done this. Not knocking him, but everyone I talk to concedes to this. You want to crush your competition. My humble opinion.


 This guys a motherfucker.

 

pick whatever suits you best AND rising star



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

LOL jeez. Elite was good for me. But I also heard good things about the key. I agree with you^

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 588
Date:

To each his own, Elite was also good to me.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

These exam writers want to stay away from the typical questions that these schools make. Feed back is crazy. I never hear students say "Exam was like the questions we take at Mikes" I'd rather go with a school that have written exams. Mike hasn't done this. Not knocking him, but everyone I talk to concedes to this. You want to crush your competition. My humble opinion.


 This guys a motherfucker.

 

pick whatever suits you best AND rising star


 Thats why you barely passed you clown. Dont lead the kids down the same path you took. Not fair. Guys/Gals, run with The Rising Star! Period. Mike and Bills are clowns. Study your asses off and take as many questions as you can. Thats all.



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:

To each his own, Elite was also good to me.


 Thats the attitude brother. Hit it hard. Dont dick ride like Billy P.



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

skelgel wrote:

LOL jeez. Elite was good for me. But I also heard good things about the key. I agree with you^


 Skelgel, trust me, Rising Star and The Patrol Guide will land you in the top of your class. Trust me. But Mike mislead a lot of people out there. IJS



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Ok ill keep that in mind thanks brother

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

These exam writers want to stay away from the typical questions that these schools make. Feed back is crazy. I never hear students say "Exam was like the questions we take at Mikes" I'd rather go with a school that have written exams. Mike hasn't done this. Not knocking him, but everyone I talk to concedes to this. You want to crush your competition. My humble opinion.


 This guys a motherfucker.

 

pick whatever suits you best AND rising star


 Thats why you barely passed you clown. Dont lead the kids down the same path you took. Not fair. Guys/Gals, run with The Rising Star! Period. Mike and Bills are clowns. Study your asses off and take as many questions as you can. Thats all.


What are you the valedictorian? What did you score? 



__________________

You are what your record says you are.

-Me



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1076
Date:

 

Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

These exam writers want to stay away from the typical questions that these schools make. Feed back is crazy. I never hear students say "Exam was like the questions we take at Mikes" I'd rather go with a school that have written exams. Mike hasn't done this. Not knocking him, but everyone I talk to concedes to this. You want to crush your competition. My humble opinion.


 This guys a motherfucker.

 

pick whatever suits you best AND rising star


 Thats why you barely passed you clown. Dont lead the kids down the same path you took. Not fair. Guys/Gals, run with The Rising Star! Period. Mike and Bills are clowns. Study your asses off and take as many questions as you can. Thats all.


What are you the valedictorian? What did you score? 


 I did only Elite and destroyed his score in the 80s. He has no info or credibility



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

brooklynbacon wrote:

 

Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
Bill Parcells wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:

These exam writers want to stay away from the typical questions that these schools make. Feed back is crazy. I never hear students say "Exam was like the questions we take at Mikes" I'd rather go with a school that have written exams. Mike hasn't done this. Not knocking him, but everyone I talk to concedes to this. You want to crush your competition. My humble opinion.


 This guys a motherfucker.

 

pick whatever suits you best AND rising star


 Thats why you barely passed you clown. Dont lead the kids down the same path you took. Not fair. Guys/Gals, run with The Rising Star! Period. Mike and Bills are clowns. Study your asses off and take as many questions as you can. Thats all.


What are you the valedictorian? What did you score? 


 I did only Elite and destroyed his score in the 80s. He has no info or credibility


 Guy you know my score ? Lmaooooo stop being a clown and dick riding Mike. Geesh !!!! You guys make me sick...sad that some of you will be executives on the biggest police department in the USA!



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 570
Date:

Crunch time is near.. the future of the nypd rest in your hands sergeants of police. Take itits yours! 9 heroes forever!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Crunch time is near.. the future of the nypd rest in your hands sergeants of police. Take itits yours! 9 heroes forever!


 I agree ! get in the books. Hit the Rising Star questions , Key packets, NEW Key LT App (hearing great reviews exam like questions), Elite packets and their questions, etc. Finish strong. You guys/gals got this !



-- Edited by DRPapi1983 on Friday 11th of November 2022 08:59:17 PM

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

$80 for the app? Wow smdh

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 86
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Crunch time is near.. the future of the nypd rest in your hands sergeants of police. Take itits yours! 9 heroes forever!


 I agree ! get in the books. Hit the Rising Star questions , Key packets, NEW Key LT App (hearing great reviews exam like questions), Elite packets and their questions, etc. Finish strong. You guys/gals got this !



-- Edited by DRPapi1983 on Friday 11th of November 2022 08:59:17 PM


 some of the questions on key app are more difficult then rising star questions . Elites questions are like kindergarten questions compared to those 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Date:

$80 for the LT app is too much. It was $25 for the last Sgt and LT exams of 2017.

__________________


THE KEY—Instructor

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

Respectfully request your feedback BUT the app was NEVER $25 even when we launched it in 2013. There are more questions (800+) and resources in this version; questions alone come to 10 cents per question.....FYI we are dropping another batch of 207 questions this week. Once the exam cutoff is announced, should be in December when the NOE is released, we will add additional questions. Also this version is the FIRST time that we have included questions from the Crime Complaint Reporting System Reference Guide.

#bestinthebusiness



-- Edited by KeyCapt on Saturday 12th of November 2022 01:08:10 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

JPAL91091 wrote:
DRPapi1983 wrote:
Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Crunch time is near.. the future of the nypd rest in your hands sergeants of police. Take itits yours! 9 heroes forever!


 I agree ! get in the books. Hit the Rising Star questions , Key packets, NEW Key LT App (hearing great reviews exam like questions), Elite packets and their questions, etc. Finish strong. You guys/gals got this !



-- Edited by DRPapi1983 on Friday 11th of November 2022 08:59:17 PM


 some of the questions on key app are more difficult then rising star questions . Elites questions are like kindergarten questions compared to those 


 Yeah, Im hearing the same feedback. Hearing the questions are exam-like and meant to challenge the student. Glad The Key stepped up their game. I hope other schools follow The Key and come out with NEW questions. No more recycling. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

Wheres the app? link plz?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 148
Date:

KeyCapt wrote:

Respectfully request your feedback BUT the app was NEVER $25 even when we launched it in 2013. There are more questions (800+) and resources in this version; questions alone come to 10 cents per question.....FYI we are dropping another batch of 207 questions this week. Once the exam cutoff is announced, should be in December when the NOE is released, we will add additional questions. Also this version is the FIRST time that we have included questions from the Crime Complaint Reporting System Reference Guide.

#bestinthebusiness



-- Edited by KeyCapt on Saturday 12th of November 2022 01:08:10 PM


 It was $35 for the 2017 Sgt test, that is a FACT. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Date:

Key questions are definitely more exam like than Elites. I bought the last KEY app in 2016 for Sgt exam. I have been waiting for LT app because I found the Sgt app very helpful. I will wait until all the new questions are added then buy it when NOE is announced.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

Happy Al wrote:

Wheres the app? link plz?


 I believe its on The Keys website. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

mike16 wrote:

Key questions are definitely more exam like than Elites. I bought the last KEY app in 2016 for Sgt exam. I have been waiting for LT app because I found the Sgt app very helpful. I will wait until all the new questions are added then buy it when NOE is announced.


 I used them (Key App) for all my exams and found it very helpful. Its a great aid to get ahead of your competition. Im hearing the LT app has more content. keep hitting the books brother. 



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

Cant find any apps on key or rising star websites. Nothing in app store

__________________


THE KEY—Instructor

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

 

 Happy Al wrote:


Wheres the app? link plz? 

 

Here is the link for both apple and android devices;

http://onelink.to/rwzhnb



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

Dead link. Whats the name of the app in the store?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Date:

Type the key lieutenant exam.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 126
Date:

Got it thanks

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

I really cant understand how anyone complaining over $80 for 800+ questions..

If youre having financial constraints okay, but the overall value you get when compared to RS and the full courses, Id gladly pay more.

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us