Order our 2022 Sergeant ($349) or Captain ($399) Exam "Just the Questions" Click here to visit our website for more information and for a sample of our questions. Bundle the Key AND Rising Star for the Sergeant Exam. $795 for 2 schools! order here

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: RS Course Format?


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 309
Date:
RS Course Format?


So no home delivery of actual questions as before? Electronic only and able to take questions only ONCE?!!

 

Any way I can get a refund?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

Ouch

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

machine wrote:

So no home delivery of actual questions as before? Electronic only and able to take questions only ONCE?!!

 

Any way I can get a refund?


 lol I mean it says it right there on the homepage when you buy so they warn you off the bat. They prob got tired of entire squads of cops sharing the material. Was only a matter of time I guess.



__________________

Throwing my hat in the promo game one last time before riding off into the sunset...

eze


Co-Founder/Owner Rising Star

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

Doing the same questions again and again doesn’t help you at all—it gives you a false sense of security. Our goal is to make sure you can answer DCAS’ questions correctly (and not our questions, the second time around). If you get a question wrong, the right way to learn is to re-read the PG to see why you got it wrong—not to do the question again. 

We deliver over 1400 questions; ideally you should check the answers you get wrong as well as the answers you got right (to see if you got them right for the right reasons). Doing this, along with the review questions we will give you at the end, should get your to where you need to be. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

Everybody studies and retains information differently. I personally like going over questions multiple times, so I am not a fan of only being able to do questions just once. The 1400 questions I hope is focused solely on the captains exam and not reused questions from the sgts course. Just my 2 cents



-- Edited by tweezy on Monday 4th of April 2022 07:05:27 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

eze wrote:

Doing the same questions again and again doesnt help you at allit gives you a false sense of security. Our goal is to make sure you can answer DCAS questions correctly (and not our questions, the second time around). If you get a question wrong, the right way to learn is to re-read the PG to see why you got it wrongnot to do the question again. 

We deliver over 1400 questions; ideally you should check the answers you get wrong as well as the answers you got right (to see if you got them right for the right reasons). Doing this, along with the review questions we will give you at the end, should get your to where you need to be. 


 BS. I passed the 2017 LT exam just doing questions on The Key iPhone app.



__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

tweezy wrote:

Everybody studies and retains information differently. I personally like going over questions multiple times, so I am not a fan of only being able to do questions just once. The 1400 questions I hope is focused solely on the captains exam and not reused questions from the sgts course. Just my 2 cents



-- Edited by tweezy on Monday 4th of April 2022 07:05:27 AM


 Yeah man, that is a rip off. Someone can easily screen shot these questions but waste time and resources doing so. Not worth the $400 in my opinion. I know a lot who were about to buy this course before reading these reviews 



__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Big Book

LT 2017 Exam

Sgt 2013 Exam

cat


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

Less competition! lol seriously, it takes me over 1-2 hours to do just 10-15 questions between reading, reviewing and stuff. Between this and the classes too much time doing same questions I already did. I Mean yeah Im getting it right The second time around.  Lol



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

cat wrote:

Less competition! lol seriously, it takes me over 1-2 hours to do just 10-15 questions between reading, reviewing and stuff. Between this and the classes too much time doing same questions I already did. I Mean yeah Im getting it right The second time around.  Lol


 congrats? 

 

Like i said everyone studies and retains information differently

 

@monkeybones agreed bro



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

Will not be getting the rising star questions this time around, sorry. I disagree, i like repetition and taking questions over again when reviewing sections. Sounds silly but I retain the information better. Some learn differently than others.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

Rising Star questions are way too hard and would not be the type of questions you would see on the actual exam.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:

Rising Star questions are way too hard and would not be the type of questions you would see on the actual exam.


 Im told of the three, the keys questions are the closest. RS is too hard (probably similar to a 2015

Lts exam) and elite is too easy and wordy. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

Completely on point



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Date:

Yup. Couldnt agree more. Thats why Rising Star questions are the best, test writers can never get you. If the test is hard, youre covered. Medium and right down the middle, also covered. Easy? Then also covered. Either way youre good.

The questions does really make you see the patrol differently and make you understand it better.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

I get that everyone studies differently, but c'mon.....are you that lame that you really believe answering the same questions over & over will help you? Once you seen it, you saw it! Do you think the next time you do the same question you will be like, hmmmmm this is a tough one, not sure about this, LOLOLOLOL. Get a grip. True or False: The American flag is Red, White & Blue? Now answer that question 3 or 4 more times before its tested because you might not remember. Jeez, I love numbnutz who study like this. Less competition for sure. And you all keep taking elites ridiculous questions that does nothing but jack u off into thinking your a superstar pupil of that idiot that screams to teach, lol. I'll stick with the hardest questions around to cover my ass and not be blindsided on the test.



-- Edited by Godzilla on Tuesday 5th of April 2022 12:39:11 AM



-- Edited by Godzilla on Tuesday 5th of April 2022 12:39:53 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

machine wrote:

So no home delivery of actual questions as before? Electronic only and able to take questions only ONCE?!!

 

Any way I can get a refund?


 

Sounds like a disgruntled scammer who just realized Rising Star finally ended your party of sharing their material with 5 other scammers. Cheap ass. You'll be taking the exam again....and again....and again......



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

Godzilla wrote:

I get that everyone studies differently, but c'mon.....are you that lame that you really believe answering the same questions over & over will help you? Once you seen it, you saw it! Do you think the next time you do the same question you will be like, hmmmmm this is a tough one, not sure about this, LOLOLOLOL. Get a grip. True or False: The American flag is Red, White & Blue? Now answer that question 3 or 4 more times before its tested because you might not remember. Jeez, I love numbnutz who study like this. Less competition for sure. And you all keep taking elites ridiculous questions that does nothing but jack u off into thinking your a superstar pupil of that idiot that screams to teach, lol. I'll stick with the hardest questions around to cover my ass and not be blindsided on the test.



-- Edited by Godzilla on Tuesday 5th of April 2022 12:39:11 AM



-- Edited by Godzilla on Tuesday 5th of April 2022 12:39:53 AM


 I was only in the first class so what do I know?

 

You on the other hand should get off the rising star's nuts you tool



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

tweezy wrote:
Godzilla wrote:

I get that everyone studies differently, but c'mon.....are you that lame that you really believe answering the same questions over & over will help you? Once you seen it, you saw it! Do you think the next time you do the same question you will be like, hmmmmm this is a tough one, not sure about this, LOLOLOLOL. Get a grip. True or False: The American flag is Red, White & Blue? Now answer that question 3 or 4 more times before its tested because you might not remember. Jeez, I love numbnutz who study like this. Less competition for sure. And you all keep taking elites ridiculous questions that does nothing but jack u off into thinking your a superstar pupil of that idiot that screams to teach, lol. I'll stick with the hardest questions around to cover my ass and not be blindsided on the test.



-- Edited by Godzilla on Tuesday 5th of April 2022 12:39:11 AM



-- Edited by Godzilla on Tuesday 5th of April 2022 12:39:53 AM


 I was only in the first class so what do I know?

 

You on the other hand should get off the rising star's nuts you tool


 

Like I said before: Sounds like a disgruntled scammer who just realized Rising Star finally ended your party of sharing their material with 5 other scammers. Cheap ass. You'll be taking the exam again....and again....and again......Best of luck with your study methods..... 2+2=4......2+4=4......2+2=4......hmmmm, let me do that equation again because I may forget it. LOLOL - what an IDIOT



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM

__________________



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

ROCKY IV SKIN wrote:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM


 

You are correct.....there will always be scammers no matter what. For me though, the repetition comes from reading the material (the guides) multiple times, not the questions. I always used the questions as my diagnostic tool to see where I was at with retention of material. Maybe it's just me, but once I see a question and know what the right & wrong answers are, that question then becomes useless for the future - it's like seeing a movie more than once and knowing how it ends. I constantly need new questions, not ones I've seen before. To each their own I suppose.....



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 296
Date:

Godzilla wrote:
ROCKY IV SKIN wrote:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM


 

You are correct.....there will always be scammers no matter what. For me though, the repetition comes from reading the material (the guides) multiple times, not the questions. I always used the questions as my diagnostic tool to see where I was at with retention of material. Maybe it's just me, but once I see a question and know what the right & wrong answers are, that question then becomes useless for the future - it's like seeing a movie more than once and knowing how it ends. I constantly need new questions, not ones I've seen before. To each their own I suppose.....


 Why are you going on every ranks forum and giving your opinion all over? No one cares. You have 24 posts and most Likely havent even passed a promotional exam. You love rising star and the material they put out. Congrats. Go back to your corner or stick to whatever rank forum you are able to take. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
ROCKY IV SKIN wrote:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM


 

You are correct.....there will always be scammers no matter what. For me though, the repetition comes from reading the material (the guides) multiple times, not the questions. I always used the questions as my diagnostic tool to see where I was at with retention of material. Maybe it's just me, but once I see a question and know what the right & wrong answers are, that question then becomes useless for the future - it's like seeing a movie more than once and knowing how it ends. I constantly need new questions, not ones I've seen before. To each their own I suppose.....


 Why are you going on every ranks forum and giving your opinion all over? No one cares. You have 24 posts and most Likely havent even passed a promotional exam. You love rising star and the material they put out. Congrats. Go back to your corner or stick to whatever rank forum you are able to take. 


Hey Jackoff, I'm taking the captain exam. Last I heard, this was a forum to discuss these exams and help others. Because I have a life outside of this forum and don't have as many posts as you, doesn't mean my opinion is any less valuable than yours.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
ROCKY IV SKIN wrote:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM


 

You are correct.....there will always be scammers no matter what. For me though, the repetition comes from reading the material (the guides) multiple times, not the questions. I always used the questions as my diagnostic tool to see where I was at with retention of material. Maybe it's just me, but once I see a question and know what the right & wrong answers are, that question then becomes useless for the future - it's like seeing a movie more than once and knowing how it ends. I constantly need new questions, not ones I've seen before. To each their own I suppose.....


 Why are you going on every ranks forum and giving your opinion all over? No one cares. You have 24 posts and most Likely havent even passed a promotional exam. You love rising star and the material they put out. Congrats. Go back to your corner or stick to whatever rank forum you are able to take. 


 He definitely works for the rising star... its pretty obvious. If by some slim chance he doesn't, he's weirdly obsessed with them and it's actually creepy af



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 284
Date:

Godzilla wrote:
Jibberjab wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
ROCKY IV SKIN wrote:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM


 

You are correct.....there will always be scammers no matter what. For me though, the repetition comes from reading the material (the guides) multiple times, not the questions. I always used the questions as my diagnostic tool to see where I was at with retention of material. Maybe it's just me, but once I see a question and know what the right & wrong answers are, that question then becomes useless for the future - it's like seeing a movie more than once and knowing how it ends. I constantly need new questions, not ones I've seen before. To each their own I suppose.....


 Why are you going on every ranks forum and giving your opinion all over? No one cares. You have 24 posts and most Likely havent even passed a promotional exam. You love rising star and the material they put out. Congrats. Go back to your corner or stick to whatever rank forum you are able to take. 


Hey Jackoff, I'm taking the captain exam. Last I heard, this was a forum to discuss these exams and help others. Because I have a life outside of this forum and don't have as many posts as you, doesn't mean my opinion is any less valuable than yours.


 So who is this? Ed or Tony? Trying to justify their horrible product. I paid for and used the rising star for both sgt and LT and passed both first time up. Some of us actually have integrity and didnt go around giving others copies. If Im spending 400-800$ youre damn sure arent getting it from me. Doing a question from 202 now and then in 4 months from now after doing 1500 questions, you wont remember the answer I promise. This is a money grab from the rising star. Im sorry to see this. They wont be receiving my money until they fix this issue. 



__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Big Book

LT 2017 Exam

Sgt 2013 Exam



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

Godzilla, chill man. I know you wouldnt be talking to anyone like this face to face. Theres no need for this here. 



-- Edited by Happy Al on Friday 8th of April 2022 02:25:26 AM

__________________
eze


Co-Founder/Owner Rising Star

Status: Offline
Posts: 363
Date:

monkeybones wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
Jibberjab wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
ROCKY IV SKIN wrote:

Repetition is the way. Most of us forget very quickly if were not constantly refreshing. Those of us complaining likely purchased Rising Star and dont feel that we got a good product for the money. I understand Rising Stars plight but theres always going to be scammers. 



-- Edited by ROCKY IV SKIN on Thursday 7th of April 2022 01:52:01 PM


 

You are correct.....there will always be scammers no matter what. For me though, the repetition comes from reading the material (the guides) multiple times, not the questions. I always used the questions as my diagnostic tool to see where I was at with retention of material. Maybe it's just me, but once I see a question and know what the right & wrong answers are, that question then becomes useless for the future - it's like seeing a movie more than once and knowing how it ends. I constantly need new questions, not ones I've seen before. To each their own I suppose.....


 Why are you going on every ranks forum and giving your opinion all over? No one cares. You have 24 posts and most Likely havent even passed a promotional exam. You love rising star and the material they put out. Congrats. Go back to your corner or stick to whatever rank forum you are able to take. 


Hey Jackoff, I'm taking the captain exam. Last I heard, this was a forum to discuss these exams and help others. Because I have a life outside of this forum and don't have as many posts as you, doesn't mean my opinion is any less valuable than yours.


 So who is this? Ed or Tony? Trying to justify their horrible product. I paid for and used the rising star for both sgt and LT and passed both first time up. Some of us actually have integrity and didnt go around giving others copies. If Im spending 400-800$ youre damn sure arent getting it from me. Doing a question from 202 now and then in 4 months from now after doing 1500 questions, you wont remember the answer I promise. This is a money grab from the rising star. Im sorry to see this. They wont be receiving my money until they fix this issue. 


 
Godzilla is not affiliated with RS….we have a lot of trolls here and have better things to do….

 To answer your concerns, students have unlimited access to the questions….even after you answer them you can review them anytime you want. we are providing over 1600 questions for the capt exam plus there will be more questions and final exams at the end! Instead of redoing questions—which we always believed to be not a productive use of time—we recommend:

1  you do the questions 

2  you review the questions you got wrong as well as the questions you got right (to make sure you got it right for the right reason) 

3  you re-read the relevant PG questions 

 

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Date:

eyes-chew.gif



__________________



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 425
Date:

who needs TV LMAOOO its gonna be a long 5 months

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 839
Date:

No trolls allowed

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us