It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: March 2022


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:
March 2022


Too soon? Lol. Congrats to all that are currently in BMOC! Hoping for another decent size class for March. With roughly 500 names left on the list whats everyones thought on the entire list being promoted? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 119
Date:

500 names with roughly just under 12 months to go

Aside from something completely crazy happening (which anythings possible these days) I really don't foresee them killing this list with a couple hundred names left.

At least we can thank Covid for something.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

Best of luck to everyone still on the list! 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Curious to see whats to come for March 2022 to gauge when ill be promoted.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

Im there with you man. Im about 300 names away right now. Never thought Id come close. Hoping for the best so I can start studying for LT

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 622
Date:

SaltyCrimeGuy wrote:

Too soon? Lol. Congrats to all that are currently in BMOC! Hoping for another decent size class for March. With roughly 500 names left on the list whats everyones thought on the entire list being promoted? 


Historically they put in about 6 classes per year. With only 500 names remaining, they could easily put in 100 per class and exhaust the list. Everyone will get made so start studying in July.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

I will happily pass along any news from BMOC as a thank you for all the news I gotten here

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Im hearing that they are looking to put in big classes from now until June with the intention of promoting the entire list before the next SGT test. Take it with a grain of salt this is the same person that told me no promos were planned until Feb/March and she only heard about the 220 BMOC couple days ago so her info is never 100% but she was adamant about it. But if it doesn't come from @Iamthelaw or @Truthseeker than i always question it. So like is said don't know how accurate info is but thats the rumor up in the Palace right now.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

How many next class any ideas

__________________
Steven cosentino


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Shalion wrote:

How many next class any ideas


 Im hearing 100ish, also heard the job is gonna implement some sort of gun suppression teams in A-lot of commands separate from public safety which are gonna need Sgts as well.  Anyone else heard anything similar?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Taketheday wrote:
Shalion wrote:

How many next class any ideas


 Im hearing 100ish, also heard the job is gonna implement some sort of gun suppression teams in A-lot of commands separate from public safety which are gonna need Sgts as well.  Anyone else heard anything similar?


 I also heard of a big class for March, but we all know how this goes. I would guess we would have a better idea the first week of March.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Lets hope I also heard theres going to be fto Sgts now to

__________________
Steven cosentino


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
Taketheday wrote:
Shalion wrote:

How many next class any ideas


 Im hearing 100ish, also heard the job is gonna implement some sort of gun suppression teams in A-lot of commands separate from public safety which are gonna need Sgts as well.  Anyone else heard anything similar?


 I also heard of a big class for March, but we all know how this goes. I would guess we would have a better idea the first week of March.


 Yea I agree. Have you heard anything about these Gun Suppression Teams?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Taketheday wrote:
Futureauxiliary wrote:
Taketheday wrote:
Shalion wrote:

How many next class any ideas


 Im hearing 100ish, also heard the job is gonna implement some sort of gun suppression teams in A-lot of commands separate from public safety which are gonna need Sgts as well.  Anyone else heard anything similar?


 I also heard of a big class for March, but we all know how this goes. I would guess we would have a better idea the first week of March.


 Yea I agree. Have you heard anything about these Gun Suppression Teams?


 Not really, just whatever is out on the post. They also wont be in all commands, mainly in heavy commands like 75, 44 etc..



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Whats the vacancies when next class comes

__________________
Steven cosentino


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

As far as numbers for next month, we should probably wait and see what info truth, Law, rookiescum have for us.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

If Im on level one for ccrb would I get passed and have to wait for carb or can I see carb earlier

__________________
Steven cosentino


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 844
Date:

Shalion wrote:

If Im on level one for ccrb would I get passed and have to wait for carb or can I see carb earlier


 You should be fine. I know someone that just went in the last few classes on level 1 and did not get Carbed. 



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 07:03:15 PM



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 07:03:27 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 538
Date:

Shalion wrote:

If Im on level one for ccrb would I get passed and have to wait for carb or can I see carb earlier


 Per current rules, you cannot appear before CARB while on monitoring. This is a deviation from several years ago. You will have to wait until your monitoring is over before that process can begin.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 538
Date:

Semp1 wrote:
Shalion wrote:

If Im on level one for ccrb would I get passed and have to wait for carb or can I see carb earlier


 You should be fine. I know someone that just went in the last few classes on level 1 and did not get Carbed. 



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 07:03:15 PM



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 07:03:27 PM


 While actively on Level 1? That would be a big change from what has been done the last couple of years.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 538
Date:

Ok, let me rephrase. If you need to appear before CARB for whatever reason, AND you are on monitoring (for that reason, or something else), you cannot appear before CARB under current rules. If you are on monitoring, and would not otherwise need to appear before CARB, then there should be no issue re: promotion. Hope that makes as much sense in writing as it did in my head.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

63ASAP wrote:

Ok, let me rephrase. If you need to appear before CARB for whatever reason, AND you are on monitoring (for that reason, or something else), you cannot appear before CARB under current rules. If you are on monitoring, and would not otherwise need to appear before CARB, then there should be no issue re: promotion. Hope that makes as much sense in writing as it did in my head.


 Any update on current Vacancies? Also hoping for March Bmoc if there is im promoted.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 844
Date:

63ASAP wrote:
Semp1 wrote:
Shalion wrote:

If Im on level one for ccrb would I get passed and have to wait for carb or can I see carb earlier


 You should be fine. I know someone that just went in the last few classes on level 1 and did not get Carbed. 



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 07:03:15 PM



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 07:03:27 PM


 While actively on Level 1? That would be a big change from what has been done the last couple of years.


I mean with new administrations big changes tend to occur. But Yes 100000% he was on level 1 last time he checked right before promo.  Unless he was cleared and they didnt tell him prior to promo.

 



-- Edited by Semp1 on Thursday 10th of February 2022 08:20:28 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

Ccrb has ruined a lot of peoples careers and promotions. It was never like that.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

So basically I should take the next test

__________________
Steven cosentino


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Still early

__________________
Steven cosentino


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:

From how I understand it and I could be wrong, as long as they get to your number and youre passed over for whatever reason they have to promote you at some point. Whether its with this test or once the new list is made and they start promoting off of it. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Any rumors on March 2022 bmoc numbers ?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Date:

End of March, stayed tuned.

__________________

Youre all Keyboard Warriors



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

Promotion date set for March 18. No word on numbers yet.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

MBREEZE wrote:

Promotion date set for March 18. No word on numbers yet.


 Wow.  Great.  Thanks for the info s unconfirmed as it may be.  Please provide any further you may hear even if unconfirmed.  Much appreciated 

 

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 297
Date:

SaltyCrimeGuy wrote:

From how I understand it and I could be wrong, as long as they get to your number and youre passed over for whatever reason they have to promote you at some point. Whether its with this test or once the new list is made and they start promoting off of it. 


 nope, plenty of people in the past got passed over due to disciplinary reasons and died on the list.  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Hearing another large class for March too early to confirm. Wondering if anyone has heard the same also heard a rumor they plan on trying to finish the list by Next test.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

ChuckTaylor wrote:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.


 No i agree trust me im very skeptical as well but i heard that from a couple different people so jus passing it along and seeing if anyone else heard anything similar 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Date:

ChuckTaylor wrote:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.


I hear what youre saying, but think about it for a second

Lets say there are 3000 Sgts right now, and they promote the ~475 left on the list over the next few months, they now have 3475. Then there is a mass exodus in July and 1000 leave. Now they are at 2475 and have no one left to promote. But if they didnt promote the ~475 first and waited until after the mass exodus they still end with 2475. So the end result is the same either way.

So the real questions are how many vacancies are there right now and how many Sgts do they anticipate leaving in July with the big class hitting the 20 year mark. Also how many recruits do they plan on putting in this year. Remember 475 less top pay cops and 475 more recruits means overtime savings for riots, COVID, etc.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

sector7 wrote:
ChuckTaylor wrote:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.


I hear what youre saying, but think about it for a second

Lets say there are 3000 Sgts right now, and they promote the ~475 left on the list over the next few months, they now have 3475. Then there is a mass exodus in July and 1000 leave. Now they are at 2475 and have no one left to promote. But if they didnt promote the ~475 first and waited until after the mass exodus they still end with 2475. So the end result is the same either way.

So the real questions are how many vacancies are there right now and how many Sgts do they anticipate leaving in July with the big class hitting the 20 year mark. Also how many recruits do they plan on putting in this year. Remember 475 less top pay cops and 475 more recruits means overtime savings for riots, COVID, etc.


I agree with your logic.  Doesnt matter when or how many the mass exodus will be.  We have about 500 cops on the sgts list ready to go. Promote all now or later.  Doesnt matter because it doesnt change anything. 

Im just asking that everyone share news they get.  I do not know anyone in the palace or ppl in certain positions.  The suspense is killing me. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

TheBlackCloud wrote:
sector7 wrote:
ChuckTaylor wrote:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.


I hear what youre saying, but think about it for a second

Lets say there are 3000 Sgts right now, and they promote the ~475 left on the list over the next few months, they now have 3475. Then there is a mass exodus in July and 1000 leave. Now they are at 2475 and have no one left to promote. But if they didnt promote the ~475 first and waited until after the mass exodus they still end with 2475. So the end result is the same either way.

So the real questions are how many vacancies are there right now and how many Sgts do they anticipate leaving in July with the big class hitting the 20 year mark. Also how many recruits do they plan on putting in this year. Remember 475 less top pay cops and 475 more recruits means overtime savings for riots, COVID, etc.


I agree with your logic.  Doesnt matter when or how many the mass exodus will be.  We have about 500 cops on the sgts list ready to go. Promote all now or later.  Doesnt matter because it doesnt change anything. 

Im just asking that everyone share news they get.  I do not know anyone in the palace or ppl in certain positions.  The suspense is killing me. 


 I only have the one source up in the palace and i try and share what Im given as well. This particular info Im sharing i have heard from a few other people as well so I know there is some basis to it and I know for a fact it was brought up by some of the trustees expecting a lot of cops to be promoted before July so guess its good news for those at the bottom I just want confirmation of a class next month cause then Ill be in next class. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

If anyone has access, please post updated vacancies. Greatly appreciated!

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Date:

All commands are on dream sheet except 8 total.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Date:

ChuckTaylor wrote:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.


 

 

When I hear you say " they want to promoted everyone before the next test" I take that to mean they want to make them all SGT to be LT test eligible.  Not all SGT's before the next SGT test. The next LT test is rumored to be around Nov to Jan so definitely not months of not having a list.  By the time the 2022 SGT list is establish, it should be around that time as well, so its actually great timing.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Ticonderoga wrote:
ChuckTaylor wrote:

They haven't mentioned anything in BMOC. I'm hopeful for everyone to get promoted ASAP given how long we have waited, but wouldn't it be kinda shortsighted for the job to promote everyone before the next test? Then you 6+ months with nobody eligible to promote and who knows what can happen in that time. COVID, riots, etc. Anything could happen to commence a mass exodus of sergeants with nobody to replace them.


 

 

When I hear you say " they want to promoted everyone before the next test" I take that to mean they want to make them all SGT to be LT test eligible.  Not all SGT's before the next SGT test. The next LT test is rumored to be around Nov to Jan so definitely not months of not having a list.  By the time the 2022 SGT list is establish, it should be around that time as well, so its actually great timing.


 It could be either or honestly but i think that the rumor i heard from a couple different people of them completing the list before June for the SGT test makes more sense

. I feel like the Lt test is gonna be January regardless because key said their classes are starting July and 6 months out from that would be December/January and the filing date still isnt up since they cancelled it. They usually get a heads up so it just seems like thats the direction the Job is going. The best indicator will be March- if there is another huge class of over 200 then I think the list will be done before June, if its 100 or less than it wont be done till most likely Nov/Dec.

If anyone has heard anything please share



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

TheBlackCloud wrote:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 


 Why post this? It does nothing for anyone getting promoted. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

Send Division wrote:
TheBlackCloud wrote:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 


 Why post this? It does nothing for anyone getting promoted. 


 Because there are sgt and LT at these commands waiting to find out if they are getting more help.  This forum isnt all about the unborn. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:
Send Division wrote:
TheBlackCloud wrote:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 


 Why post this? It does nothing for anyone getting promoted. 


 Because there are sgt and LT at these commands waiting to find out if they are getting more help.  This forum isnt all about the unborn. 


 Thats a real stretch, just because your pct is on there doesnt mean you are getting help. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Rumors for next month ??

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

Send Division wrote:
Jibberjab wrote:
Send Division wrote:
TheBlackCloud wrote:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 


 Why post this? It does nothing for anyone getting promoted. 


 Because there are sgt and LT at these commands waiting to find out if they are getting more help.  This forum isnt all about the unborn. 


 Thats a real stretch, just because your pct is on there doesnt mean you are getting help. 


 When I was in bmoc a few months ago, people went to PCT commands not even listed. That dream list means nothing!!! 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Dahomeless1 wrote:
Send Division wrote:
Jibberjab wrote:
Send Division wrote:
TheBlackCloud wrote:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 


 Why post this? It does nothing for anyone getting promoted. 


 Because there are sgt and LT at these commands waiting to find out if they are getting more help.  This forum isnt all about the unborn. 


 Thats a real stretch, just because your pct is on there doesnt mean you are getting help. 


 When I was in bmoc a few months ago, people went to PCT commands not even listed. That dream list means nothing!!! 


 Hooks and cranes



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Send Division wrote:
TheBlackCloud wrote:

Todays dream sheet 

 

see attachment 


 Why post this? It does nothing for anyone getting promoted. 


 honestly Ive just been following the forum a lot for the past few months and have always seen ppl post the dream sheet.  someone sent it to me and I figured id share since no one had. it does nothing for me but some ppl like to see it for whatever reason.



__________________
1 2 38  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us