It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: December


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Date:
December


With the disheartening news that the November class is being canceled, time to start it up for the December class. 



__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

Its not looking good. Ill start studying for the next sgts exam. 



-- Edited by Jusjus on Wednesday 1st of December 2021 06:21:36 PM

__________________
Lauren


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Jusjus wrote:

Its not looking good. Ill start studying for the next sgts exam. 


 Yes Kofi we know you wont make this list.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

Let's go December

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
Jusjus wrote:

Its not looking good. Ill start studying for the next sgts exam. 


 Yes Kofi we know you wont make this list.


 LMAO you so funny 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 224
Date:

I am hearing there will be a December class. I hope so, we losing sgts where I am at. I went from a junior sgt to a senior sgt in 3 months. Lol We need people. They need to promote!!!!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

They will. One more promotion before new regime.

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

DRPapi1983 wrote:

They will. One more promotion before new regime.


 Anyword on class size ?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

No word,



__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

Any news?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

Hearing December 17 but no word on how many just yet.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

MBREEZE wrote:

Hearing December 17 but no word on how many just yet.

I hope so but unfortunately I dont think city hall said yes to anything 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

Steve wrote:
MBREEZE wrote:

Hearing December 17 but no word on how many just yet.

I hope so but unfortunately I dont think city hall said yes to anything 


 So the mayor would hold zero weight when considering promos and promo/class size ? City council has the first and final say on promos?

(so if Eric Adams wants to hire and promote heavily and city council says no.. what would happen in that case ?)



-- Edited by Futureauxiliary on Friday 3rd of December 2021 01:45:57 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

Futureauxiliary wrote:
Steve wrote:
MBREEZE wrote:

Hearing December 17 but no word on how many just yet.

I hope so but unfortunately I dont think city hall said yes to anything 


 So the mayor would hold zero weight when considering promos and promo/class size ? City council has the first and final say on promos?


 I am not sure who it actually is that is holding it up at city hall, if they werent holding it up they wouldve had them two weeks ago. So I wouldnt be surprised if they dont do December. Its crazy times 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

Any updates?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

unfortunately, nobody is hearing anything, if I had to guess we will be lucky if its the beginning to mid January.  I hope I am wrong 

For the record, I heard nothing that it wont be December, my information is only based on asking everyone that should know telling me they havent heard anything yet.

 

Again I hope i wrong 



-- Edited by Steve on Monday 6th of December 2021 09:56:12 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 492
Date:

Hearing rumblings they will be working on promos next week atleast for the execs. So exec promos should mean lower ranks as well. Promos arent next week just figuring out the pieces



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Monday 6th of December 2021 10:16:29 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

Haven't heard anything yet,.......

__________________

The end is near,..good luck to all!,...



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

Hearing rumblings they will be working on promos next week atleast for the execs. So exec promos should mean lower ranks as well. Promos arent next week just figuring out the pieces



-- Edited by Truthseeker on Monday 6th of December 2021 10:16:29 PM


 Correct, but no guarantees on anything.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

The Commish wants to get his people promoted before he retires.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

BROOKLYN77 wrote:

The Commish wants to get his people promoted before he retires.


 Unfortunately, its up to city hall to say yes or no. If they dont approve it then it wont happen. Hopefully they give the ok but only time will tell. 



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

Any update Truth???????



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

Rumor is Dec 21st

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

There is a December promotion. Date is 3rd week in Dec. unknown how many. All ranks. Name clearing started today. Goodluck

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

I heard December 21

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

If anyone knows the numbers please post.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

If it end up being true, Merry Christmas to all. We need more sergeants badly, working all these doubles sucks. Oh, and hook your way to transit if you want overtime.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 210
Date:

I'm hearing the 21st. No numbers or ranks yet

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 120
Date:

I heard the 21 all ranks. No numbers yet

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

Im hearing promotions on 21st but not for Sgts. If this is true its some bull that they would do that to just the Sgt rank but this is what I was told. Im hoping its not true.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

MBREEZE wrote:

Im hearing promotions on 21st but not for Sgts. If this is true its some bull that they would do that to just the Sgt rank but this is what I was told. Im hoping its not true.


 That would be crazy. Thats the rank that needs the most at the moment.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

I just heard 80 LTs but no number on Sgts yet.


__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Police academy told me there 150 spots left for this year for Sgts idk if thats going to be the number tho



-- Edited by Shalion on Saturday 11th of December 2021 01:35:54 AM

__________________
Steven cosentino


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Ughhh I hope this is a big class

Im 300 away and need the mental boost rn.

With everyone signing up for this Sgts exam its making me so damn eager

Fingers crossed for a 100-150 class

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 148
Date:

As of this morning the job is planning on moving forward with promotions for every other rank besides SGT on the 21st. Once again giving that rank and the POs in waiting the shaft. This can all still change of course by the time the finest drops but it is not looking good for Sgt promotions this month.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 341
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:

As of this morning the job is planning on moving forward with promotions for every other rank besides SGT on the 21st. Once again giving that rank and the POs in waiting the shaft. This can all still change of course by the time the finest drops but it is not looking good for Sgt promotions this month.


 any rough numbers for LT?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:

As of this morning the job is planning on moving forward with promotions for every other rank besides SGT on the 21st. Once again giving that rank and the POs in waiting the shaft. This can all still change of course by the time the finest drops but it is not looking good for Sgt promotions this month.


 Im sure the Dept doesnt care about vacancies but that would put sgt rank over 500+ vacancies.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 148
Date:

I know Future it's insane. It really is. Especially with a whole bunch of recruits about to graduate this month. I guess the logic is to just have the LTs do the Sgts jobs and work the current Sgts even harder until they eventually promote more sgts. Now here's the kicker. Redcons. The proposed number for LTs is 50-80. The Sgt Rank is about to get decimated.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Damn. This one hit different.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:

I know Future it's insane. It really is. Especially with a whole bunch of recruits about to graduate this month. I guess the logic is to just have the LTs do the Sgts jobs and work the current Sgts even harder until they eventually promote more sgts. Now here's the kicker. Redcons. The proposed number for LTs is 50-80. The Sgt Rank is about to get decimated.


 Sgts in my command are doing doubles and triples due to how short they are within the rank. January also brings another big batch of retirements. Welcome to the NYPD.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

Really ****ty news. 

anywayI saw this and it made me laugh.



Attachments
__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

I had hoped this wasnt true when I originally heard it and posted it but it looks like it is. Two months no promotions for Sgt. Start looking toward January.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 102
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:

I know Future it's insane. It really is. Especially with a whole bunch of recruits about to graduate this month. I guess the logic is to just have the LTs do the Sgts jobs and work the current Sgts even harder until they eventually promote more sgts. Now here's the kicker. Redcons. The proposed number for LTs is 50-80. The Sgt Rank is about to get decimated.


 What's Redcons?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 223
Date:

Happy Al wrote:
IamTheLaw wrote:

I know Future it's insane. It really is. Especially with a whole bunch of recruits about to graduate this month. I guess the logic is to just have the LTs do the Sgts jobs and work the current Sgts even harder until they eventually promote more sgts. Now here's the kicker. Redcons. The proposed number for LTs is 50-80. The Sgt Rank is about to get decimated.


 What's Redcons?


 He means that promoting only Lts will add more vacancies to the SGT rank



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 341
Date:

Taketheday wrote:
Happy Al wrote:
IamTheLaw wrote:

I know Future it's insane. It really is. Especially with a whole bunch of recruits about to graduate this month. I guess the logic is to just have the LTs do the Sgts jobs and work the current Sgts even harder until they eventually promote more sgts. Now here's the kicker. Redcons. The proposed number for LTs is 50-80. The Sgt Rank is about to get decimated.


 What's Redcons?


 He means that promoting only Lts will add more vacancies to the SGT rank


 

 

I'm mother ****ing redcons, ****.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 148
Date:

Well folks, other ranks are now getting cut from this Promo now too. So it's no longer just us. CPTs are getting the shaft now as well. This is starting to feel like November again.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 562
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:

Well folks, other ranks are now getting cut from this Promo now too. So it's no longer just us. CPTs are getting the shaft now as well. This is starting to feel like November again.


 At this point im guessing the dept will wait for new administration. Retarded in my opinion for ranks in which we all passed the exam.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

IamTheLaw wrote:

Well folks, other ranks are now getting cut from this Promo now too. So it's no longer just us. CPTs are getting the shaft now as well. This is starting to feel like November again.


Rumor was that Captains were not part of the November even before they started to cut it and then cancel. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

Anyone here when they will drop the finest if they actually promote in December

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 844
Date:

Steve wrote:

Anyone here when they will drop the finest if they actually promote in December


 I would say probably the 17th. 



__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us