Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Take hone car


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:
Take hone car


rumor is that take home cars for xo going bye bye. I dont know if I would take the rank with the wat xo life is going. Days off/schedule terrible now n possibly no category 1



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

rumor is that take home cars for xo going bye bye. I dont know if I would take the rank with the wat xo life is going. Days off/schedule terrible now n possibly no category 1


 Agreed!! If they remove that incentive and continue to screw with XO's RDO's, i'll just ride it out as a  LT, making overtime, having regular days off, and taking A-picks for vacation without being scrutinized by a disgruntled inspector at the borough.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:

Can anyone confirm this?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 88
Date:

Not a rumor, its confirmed gonna be cat 2s now



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:

So they go from adding incentives bc no one would take the test to this

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

After talking to some xos, the schedules are going back to crap. A lot of boroughs have split rdos again. No cat 1 car coming. Basically back to the place where the ranked sucked and no one wanted it

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

Rumor is true, however from my understanding it has not been signed off by the PC yet. City hall put out a citywide reduction of cars citywide. The NYPD is relinquishing over 100 cars from XOs in PB/HB/TB and turning them into CAT2 status. No word on puzzle palace Captains yet, I assume they are next.

__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Big Book

LT 2017 Exam

Sgt 2013 Exam



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 279
Date:

Do detail capt get take home cars right now?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

Depends on the detail. also Depends who you know like everything else. I know detectives that have Cat 1 cars. Traditionally if sitting in an office somewhere in the palace and designated a CO of some made up unit, you usually get a car. However, all the gentlemen agreements are off now days off and Cars. 



__________________

...Just a Rook who read a Big Book

LT 2017 Exam

Sgt 2013 Exam



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

monkeybones wrote:

Rumor is true, however from my understanding it has not been signed off by the PC yet. City hall put out a citywide reduction of cars citywide. The NYPD is relinquishing over 100 cars from XOs in PB/HB/TB and turning them into CAT2 status. No word on puzzle palace Captains yet, I assume they are next.


 Can you elaborate on the difference between a CAT 1 and a CAT 2 car?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 144
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
monkeybones wrote:

Rumor is true, however from my understanding it has not been signed off by the PC yet. City hall put out a citywide reduction of cars citywide. The NYPD is relinquishing over 100 cars from XOs in PB/HB/TB and turning them into CAT2 status. No word on puzzle palace Captains yet, I assume they are next.


 Can you elaborate on the difference between a CAT 1 and a CAT 2 car?


 Cat 1 you can take home to 5 boroughs +authorized resident counties. Cat 2 when not in use must be parked at a dept facility within 5 boroughs



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

I don't really care about this since my job doesn't offer me a car already, but I hope it'll reduce the cases of car accidents. I've heard about a situation when a guy hit a pedestrian on a company's car, and a victim had to contact a company by this https://www.maho-prentice.com/ to get justice. I know that he could make this accident with his own car too, but I still think the fewer cars on the roads - the safer.



-- Edited by AleksShamles on Monday 16th of August 2021 03:46:32 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:

LOL

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

What the f**k did I just read? These bots are definitely smoking fentanyl.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard