Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Next promotion


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:
Next promotion


8 captains to be promoted in june



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 690
Date:

I cant believe they are only doing 8.. Im sure the vacancies are there

__________________
-E.


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

Yup, this seems to be the new trend...



__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

This list will be around for the next 4 years, this slow pace is dreadful.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1083
Date:

Only 2 years and 1 month or so left of life on this list unless dcas grants another extension.....



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

Dredful wait but when your super close. Best not to think about it or even check on here often. Just be pleasently surprised when it happens. Everyone will eventually be made with the extra year extention.

__________________
E D


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 295
Date:

Anyone else hearing rumors of a VERY BIG Captains promotion this month?



-- Edited by E D on Friday 16th of July 2021 04:27:51 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

50 captains

__________________
E D


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 295
Date:

That's what I just heard. I find it hard to believe. 



__________________
E D


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 295
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

50 captains


 That's what I just heard, but I'm obviously very skeptical. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

I just report the news lol not yet confirmed due to city hall issues but its a start

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 721
Date:

.



-- Edited by Semp1 on Saturday 17th of July 2021 07:41:23 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 721
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

I just report the news lol not yet confirmed due to city hall issues but its a start


 From what I was told all these numbers we are hearing for all ranks including captains are not next promo. They had a meeting and these numbers were all total projected numbers for promos from July 30- Jan 1. Which makes a lot more sense because for example the sgts numbers were somewhere around 400 and the LTs numbers were about 107. Personally That clearly to me isnt going to be next class or even the next 2. Similar to captains.  They did 8 promos to Captain total in the last 3 months they aren't going to do 50 next month. And if they do there wont be any promos for the rest of the year. I hope I am wrong but Im pretty sure Im not.  

 



-- Edited by Semp1 on Saturday 17th of July 2021 07:43:01 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

May be right. I actually heard it was for next two promos. But that cause also mean only two promos left for the year. Next week should reveal some more

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:

Hearing this, can anybody confirm
So far for July 30 promotion its
5 DC
10 Inspectors
10 DI
30 Captains
9 LSA
10 LCD
55 LT
10 SSA
15 SDS
75 SGT
30 Det1
50 Det2
125 Det3
70 Det Spec

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Yes

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Date:

Dayam nobody even posted that its offical? Finest dropped for the 30 capts this july 30th.

I guess out of sight, out of mind..

Congrats to 30 promos.



-- Edited by rmp103 on Tuesday 27th of July 2021 03:27:03 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

Anyone know how many have been promoted this year thus far?

__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

25isthenew20 wrote:

Anyone know how many have been promoted this year thus far?


 Feb- 9

June- 8

July- 30

Total- 47 YTD



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

Ty



__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 269
Date:

Truth is the rumored 27th all ranks Sgt through Capt. Thanks in advance.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Yes Im hearing smaller class for captains. Around 15ish

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

Does anyone know why they promoted 15 between List Numbers 179-197 and then 1 at List Number 217?

__________________
E D


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 295
Date:

RookieScum4Life wrote:

Does anyone know why they promoted 15 between List Numbers 179-197 and then 1 at List Number 217?


 It happened last promotion too.  

I was told it was some kind of Veteran's Disability points, that I guess they never got credited for.  

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

Congrats to all being promoted. Now to the rest of us, can we anticipate any more classes before the year is over? What do you guys think since there's usually a thanksgiving and Christmas class?...

__________________
25isthenew20


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Date:

Dont take this the wrong way 25, but ur question is useless. No one on this board, possible even this job can predict the answer to your question for certain. Just got to ride the wave but so far 2021 has been a good year for captain promos

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

Just glancing at the promotion dates for those remaining on the list. I see a 1999, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, etc. Not many are doing 25 years nowadays, not sure the willingness of some of those LTs to get promoted considering theyll have 17 + years on the job and 5 + in rank. Not saying it cant happen, its just something interesting to watch play out.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

Captain Promotions for 2021

 Feb- 9

June- 8

July- 30

September-16

Total- 63 YTD



-- Edited by PD2FD on Tuesday 31st of August 2021 10:33:27 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

Truthseeker wrote:

Dont take this the wrong way 25, but ur question is useless. No one on this board, possible even this job can predict the answer to your question for certain. Just got to ride the wave but so far 2021 has been a good year for captain promos


 indeed...no offense taken at all truth.  It's unpredictable at best so i guess we'll go back to the waiting game per usual.



__________________
25isthenew20


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:

25isthenew20 wrote:
Truthseeker wrote:

Dont take this the wrong way 25, but ur question is useless. No one on this board, possible even this job can predict the answer to your question for certain. Just got to ride the wave but so far 2021 has been a good year for captain promos


 indeed...no offense taken at all truth.  It's unpredictable at best so i guess we'll go back to the waiting game per usual.


Only 69 people remaining on the Captain's list (not including the passovers). My guess would be that by this time next year that list MAY expire, which means an exam should be in the works sooner rather than later (no intel here, just pure speculation).



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
25isthenew20 wrote:
Truthseeker wrote:

Dont take this the wrong way 25, but ur question is useless. No one on this board, possible even this job can predict the answer to your question for certain. Just got to ride the wave but so far 2021 has been a good year for captain promos


 indeed...no offense taken at all truth.  It's unpredictable at best so i guess we'll go back to the waiting game per usual.


Only 69 people remaining on the Captain's list (not including the passovers). My guess would be that by this time next year that list MAY expire, which means an exam should be in the works sooner rather than later (no intel here, just pure speculation).


We just have to continue to ride the wave like truth said...hopefully the trend continues and we see continued promotions... 



__________________
25isthenew20
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard