We are now taking orders for the 2023 Lieutenant Exam! Only $349 for "Just the Questions" or bundle with The Key's full course for $995 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order your Rising Star Course for $349 or Rising Star AND The Key for $995. Classes begin August

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: LBA HEALTH & DENTAL INSURANCE VS SBA INSURANCE


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 178
Date:
LBA HEALTH & DENTAL INSURANCE VS SBA INSURANCE


I know maybe its a complex question but Does anyone know the major differences? I hear the LBA health insurance is no good......



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 326
Date:

Dude. Everyone on this job has the SAME HEALTH INSURANCE. The difference comes in the dental and prescription coverage. LBA has the same network of providers as the SBA when it comes to dental, however, LBA members have co-pays for a lot of stuff though. The LBA has a buy up option on the dental plan for 25 bucks bi-weekly that basically makes it the same as the SBA.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 341
Date:

ajvic21 wrote:

I know maybe its a complex question but Does anyone know the major differences? I hear the LBA health insurance is no good......


lol



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 561
Date:

What does it matter? Turn it down?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Date:

How are the prescription coverages for LBA?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date:

Ive had a few regular prescriptions filled while Im the LBA. Theyve averaged between $0.08 and $0.10 lol. No complaints from me. And the lba and Sba both use Healthplex for dental. The biweekly extra payment is good for families with kids or complex problems.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

For dental coverage,  if im not mistaken SBA gives you approx. $1700 per dependent in your family per year. The LBA gives you approx. $1700 for your entire family regardless of dependents. You have to do the buy up plan for the dental once you hit the SOC if you have a family.



-- Edited by One porkchop on Monday 10th of June 2019 06:52:28 AM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 178
Date:

yougonow wrote:

What does it matter? Turn it down?


 Just inquiring...



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

yougonow wrote:

What does it matter? Turn it down?


 Somebody is salty about being on the bottom of the list.  If this guy turns it down you will be one name closer.  Good luck #1,xxx!



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date:

From what the lba says in bmoc, the city gives each union $1700 per member. The problem is, most Po and detectives are younger and therefore single/no kids/low cost. The avg lieutenant is married with 2-3 kids. The $1700 doesnt stretch as far. So generally the union has to be more frugal with their money. Its has more to do with the average members requirements than the actual unions benefits.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 297
Date:

TransitJoe wrote:

From what the lba says in bmoc, the city gives each union $1700 per member. The problem is, most Po and detectives are younger and therefore single/no kids/low cost. The avg lieutenant is married with 2-3 kids. The $1700 doesnt stretch as far. So generally the union has to be more frugal with their money. Its has more to do with the average members requirements than the actual unions benefits.


 Then why dont the Unions combine and pool the insurance money 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 573
Date:

3rdtimetheCharm wrote:
TransitJoe wrote:

From what the lba says in bmoc, the city gives each union $1700 per member. The problem is, most Po and detectives are younger and therefore single/no kids/low cost. The avg lieutenant is married with 2-3 kids. The $1700 doesnt stretch as far. So generally the union has to be more frugal with their money. Its has more to do with the average members requirements than the actual unions benefits.


 Then why dont the Unions combine and pool the insurance money 


Because unions like the LBA and CEA would benefit and gain from joining with the PBA/DEA, while the latter would lose some of it's benefits. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 300
Date:

Exactly, the Pba and dea dont want us lieutenants. Our wives and kids will use up all the money that those young single Cops dont use. We would benefit, but to them theyre better off without us.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

Hows the prescription coverage?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 384
Date:

The LBA dental is mostly for your family. They have the option to pay about 48 bucks more a month to cover yourself for more expensive procedures and to cover kids braces. Its a mandatory 2 year contract though.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 485
Date:

Forget insurance, you get no chart days. Not only that but you work the extra 45 min a day anyway. So lets sum it up....dental and prescription isnt as good, longer tours and you work 45 min a day for FREE with no chart days. Whats the benefit here?????



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 18th of May 2022 01:15:59 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 297
Date:

fodx wrote:

Forget insurance, you get no chart days. Not only that but you work the extra 45 min a day anyway. So lets sum it up....dental and prescription isnt as good, longer tours and you work 45 min a day for FREE with no chart days. Whats the benefit here?????



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 18th of May 2022 01:15:59 PM


 

You make those 45 mins back every day by doing whatever the fuck you want during your tour. Anyone trying to say sgt is better rank than LT has failed the test many times



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

Yeah, everyone just looking to be a Lt for no reason.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Date:

only reason to be a Sgt is to take the LT test

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 485
Date:

Jibberjab wrote:
fodx wrote:

Forget insurance, you get no chart days. Not only that but you work the extra 45 min a day anyway. So lets sum it up....dental and prescription isnt as good, longer tours and you work 45 min a day for FREE with no chart days. Whats the benefit here?????



-- Edited by fodx on Wednesday 18th of May 2022 01:15:59 PM


 

You make those 45 mins back every day by doing whatever the fuck you want during your tour. Anyone trying to say sgt is better rank than LT has failed the test many times


 Doing Whatever the fuck you want? You're talking about the rank 10 years ago, not now. Those days are over.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

If it makes you feel better staying a Sgt Im all for it. If you need to talk Im here for you



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Date:

1hate6 wrote:

only reason to be a Sgt is to take the LT test


 Preach. Sgts do more work than cops oftentimes lol.



-- Edited by UrinalFly on Thursday 19th of May 2022 12:55:11 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 493
Date:

The Bots have take over !!

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us