Order our 2022 Sergeant ($349) or Captain ($399) Exam "Just the Questions" Click here to visit our website for more information and for a sample of our questions. Bundle the Key AND Rising Star for the Sergeant Exam. $795 for 2 schools! order here

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Protest Discussion


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 560
Date:
Protest Discussion


Nothing more irritating than a test nerd behind you talking about the exam like he's an expert and wrote it. Zip it.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

For those that went to their PRS: did you go into the PRS thinking you got something wrong, like convinced you got it wrong, but when you checked your answers, you did not see it in your marked wrong answer? I ask because I'm speculating the double answers thing...

Anyway, good luck everyone who are still waiting to go to their session! For those who are close to making the cut, have faith! You never know what gets thrown out.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

Just came back from PRS. Scored 85.

I can confirm that the Apprehension question definitely says "Investigative Command Post" making that choice wrong.
I can confirm the first Fire question specifically asked what the PO does.
I can confirm that the Family question does list the value of car at $10,000, the cousin answer specifically states "intending to cause broken arm"
I put OLBS and 250 as answer and got it correct, so cant tell if it was double answer or not.

Force Figures : 31
Foot Post : 3
TRI: CEW used : LT investigates
Aided 66yr old : Assault 2
Penal Law: Comm. Van Theft : Burglary 3rd
DV Sgt : Assign Home Visits to Sector
OOP against MOS : DO makes C/L entry of firearms ID and Shield.
Missing : PS coordinates search with Ops and Communications
Family Offense : Ex stole car - Grand Larceny 4th
Intox testing : Private testing only after Department testing completed
Contraband : Hold vehicle for federal authorities
CBRN : UMOS Requests Duty Captain if FDNY on scene
Fire : PO informs FDNY number of UMOS in building
Apprehension Plan : Debrief civilians with minor injuries
Broken Ankle : Sgt does Part B, IAB investigates

I have updated my Answer Sheet. PM for link. All I ask is that you do not post link or screenshot on forum or anywhere public.


__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date:

Congratulations @ NauseousPBBN that's a good score. You were a big help to all of us with your list! I passed as well....Good Luck to all on your protests and those that need a point or two to make it.


__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

Another possible protestable one...

CBRN : UMOS Requests Duty Captain if FDNY on scene

This is also the duty of the PS for the same condition. Hope that can help the ones that need it.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 290
Date:

How exactly would you protest the CBRN question though. I actually got that one wrong.

__________________

10-4



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

My wording may be off but the correct answer was straight from PG. Not sure what you can protest.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 290
Date:

Anyone went to the protest yesterday (April 11th), someone I know claims "we were told there will be 5 throwouts" at the protest session in Brooklyn, I called nonsense immediately. People like to make ish up and I dont understand why, lol.

__________________

10-4



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:

Anyone went to the protest yesterday (April 11th), someone I know claims "we were told there will be 5 throwouts" at the protest session in Brooklyn, I called nonsense immediately. People like to make ish up and I dont understand why, lol.


 This has to go through a board which includes a union rep. There is no way right now it takes several months. This is fake news they giving you. we seriously need the question numbers to these questions though cause we can't protest without them



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:

bookworm wrote:
TenFour16 wrote:

Anyone went to the protest yesterday (April 11th), someone I know claims "we were told there will be 5 throwouts" at the protest session in Brooklyn, I called nonsense immediately. People like to make ish up and I dont understand why, lol.


 This has to go through a board which includes a union rep. There is no way right now it takes several months. This is fake news they giving you. we seriously need the question numbers to these questions though cause we can't protest without them


 Both of your comments are inaccurate. No questions will be thrown out unless they are successfully protested and accepted by the Test Validation Board; union reps hold no role in the validation process.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 290
Date:

By the way, to the guy who posted the email to get a copy of your scantron, they responded and said an answer sheet copy cant be given or sent. Did some research, before the last Lt's test you were even able to go to 1 Centre Street 14th floor and fill out a request form and they would mail one to you. Apparently not anymore.

__________________

10-4



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

FoilLiaison wrote:
bookworm wrote:
TenFour16 wrote:

Anyone went to the protest yesterday (April 11th), someone I know claims "we were told there will be 5 throwouts" at the protest session in Brooklyn, I called nonsense immediately. People like to make ish up and I dont understand why, lol.


 This has to go through a board which includes a union rep. There is no way right now it takes several months. This is fake news they giving you. we seriously need the question numbers to these questions though cause we can't protest without them


 Both of your comments are inaccurate. No questions will be thrown out unless they are successfully protested and accepted by the Test Validation Board; union reps hold no role in the validation process.


 One of the members of the TVB is a union rep.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:

By the way, to the guy who posted the email to get a copy of your scantron, they responded and said an answer sheet copy cant be given or sent. Did some research, before the last Lt's test you were even able to go to 1 Centre Street 14th floor and fill out a request form and they would mail one to you. Apparently not anymore.


 That's really fugged up, what a scam. I'm 1000% positive I didn't choose the answer they said I did



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

BlastLivesMatter wrote:
TenFour16 wrote:

By the way, to the guy who posted the email to get a copy of your scantron, they responded and said an answer sheet copy cant be given or sent. Did some research, before the last Lt's test you were even able to go to 1 Centre Street 14th floor and fill out a request form and they would mail one to you. Apparently not anymore.


 That's really fugged up, what a scam. I'm 1000% positive I didn't choose the answer they said I did


 Feel the same my brother. I wrote that on my protest. I must see my scantron!!! I studied too hard and sacrificed my life for a year and a half. That's the least they could do. I just need 1 point and hope things will turn out positive. 



-- Edited by Ucon4real on Thursday 13th of April 2017 09:19:45 AM



-- Edited by Ucon4real on Thursday 13th of April 2017 11:48:43 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

FoilLiaison wrote:
bookworm wrote:
TenFour16 wrote:

Anyone went to the protest yesterday (April 11th), someone I know claims "we were told there will be 5 throwouts" at the protest session in Brooklyn, I called nonsense immediately. People like to make ish up and I dont understand why, lol.


 This has to go through a board which includes a union rep. There is no way right now it takes several months. This is fake news they giving you. we seriously need the question numbers to these questions though cause we can't protest without them


 Both of your comments are inaccurate. No questions will be thrown out unless they are successfully protested and accepted by the Test Validation Board; union reps hold no role in the validation process.


 Dude I asked them there!!! I asked them at the protest session how does this work and they said there's a union rep sitting on the table. Maybe that's a new thing but I'm not making **** up!



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

since this is a Sgt test:

 

1 sgt repping dept

1 sgt repping the union

1 dcas representative 



-- Edited by Chico Escuela on Thursday 13th of April 2017 10:48:31 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

.



Attachments
__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

I attended the protest session I passed in low 80s but I know for a fact there were two questions I put the correct answer to on the scantron but they were marked wrong. I started back tracking and I remember erasing the wrong answer thoroughly on the scantron and putting the correct answer. I went to 1 centre street to inquire about the procedure to manually examine my scantron to determine which bubble is darker to determine if you get the point or not. I was told that I could not do so until I received my official score in the mail and that instructions would be included on how to have your scantron manually graded. Did anyone else have this problem or know any other info on this? Thanks

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 57
Date:

Ramrunner12 wrote:

I attended the protest session I passed in low 80s but I know for a fact there were two questions I put the correct answer to on the scantron but they were marked wrong. I started back tracking and I remember erasing the wrong answer thoroughly on the scantron and putting the correct answer. I went to 1 centre street to inquire about the procedure to manually examine my scantron to determine which bubble is darker to determine if you get the point or not. I was told that I could not do so until I received my official score in the mail and that instructions would be included on how to have your scantron manually graded. Did anyone else have this problem or know any other info on this? Thanks


 They will review your scantron but they also say that points can go either way. So if they marked a question correct by mistake they will take that point away from you. 



__________________
NYM


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Date:

What section was the contraband section where you were supposed to hold the veh?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

To have it graded manually .,



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

NYM wrote:

What section was the contraband section where you were supposed to hold the veh?


 208-49 Step 3

Desk Officer

3. Include information as to vehicle, vessel or aircraft, if involved, and hold such property for federal authorities.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Date:

When is the last date for the PRS?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:

4/21

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

Thanks for the information. Do you know how long you have to wait to follow up on your score with the manual grading? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 205
Date:

Anyone who thinks a broken arm isn't SPI is a C house skirt and I hope you failed

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

Wow you're gonna be a nice boss with that attitude. Ever consider that maybe with their nerves going people may have picked the assault 1 despite knowing the family list cold? It's not about thinking it's not spi but hell if I needed that point to pass you bet your ass I'd be trying to argue that it's not spi! Have a heart man...there are plenty of people out there counting on that double answer/throwout to pass

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:

Broken arm/broken limb would be a serious physical injury to any reasonable and logical person. Wake up man and star looking for other better argmuments. This one definitely won't cut it.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Date:

If nobody is protesting anything don't expect anything to get thrown out

__________________
NYM


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Date:

Anyone that wants to have their Scantron graded by hand you have to wait for your official results in the mail first. Here's the email.



Attachments
__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:

NYM wrote:

Anyone that wants to have their Scantron graded by hand you have to wait for your official results in the mail first. Here's the email.


 Thank you bro



__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

I go tomorrow I am so nervous I have no idea anymore but think I failed .



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Date:

Good luck!

__________________
cop


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 160
Date:

Unfortunately no luck for me but I did protest 4questions 1 was the family with stolen car 2. Tri report for broken ankle 

3. The scaffold additional data states oem watch 4 the dignitary that beating to death.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Date:

hey guys i was wondering or is it me but i could of swore the LLB questions was titled wrong did anyone notice or protest it? ..... for those looking for that one point



-- Edited by allycat on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 09:52:09 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Date:

Yes, there was a couple I swear I got wrong and it wasn't marked red. Makes me nervous bc I got a 73



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 133
Date:

Which ones do you think you got wrong. I put proper for them all. Got em right

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

cop wrote:

Unfortunately no luck for me but I did protest 4questions 1 was the family with stolen car 2. Tri report for broken ankle 

3. The scaffold additional data states oem watch 4 the dignitary that beating to death.


 these are the main questions everyone is protesting but out of these 4 the two probable are the scaffold question because they said 2 people "sustained injuries" they didn't say if minor or serious. So you had to assume you can't guess or assume on test questions so this needs to be thrown out And also because of the oem thing yes

the diplomat question step says take necessary action to protect life or property. Also the guide says "diplomats with criminal immunity" so what diplomats?? if you go to the dept of State website it telis you which diplomats have immunity and which ones don't. So you have to detain before verifying and in this scenario the answer they chose said not detain, verify with Intell. You have to do something if the woman is yelling for your help. The answer should have read "Detain and verify with Intell" I think they meant that but it was a typo.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 290
Date:

The diplomat question is my only hope. Got that one wrong. The wording confused the hell out of me. The Department of Buildings question I got correct, and that freaking Family question wont get thrown out unfortunately. Fingers crossed.

By the way, it seems like the board has died, the people who passed dont care to fight questions and the ones who failed dont either. I know too many people with 67-69's who arent protesting, its crazy. I know about 5-6 to be exact. We HAVE to fight these questions guys. And remember to use their format.

__________________

10-4



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Date:

I dont know how true this is but regarding the inbasket question with the 3 forms, apparently the correct answer is that the correct forms are the OLBS and the Stop Report, but it might be challenged. I would try challenging it because there's no "C" in the "Complaint #" box on the OLBS since theres no 61 that is to be done for the collar.



-- Edited by UrinalFly on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 09:51:11 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 131
Date:

allycat wrote:

hey guys i was wondering or is it me but i could of swore the LLB questions was titled wrong did anyone notice or protest it? ..... for those looking for that one point



-- Edited by allycat on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 09:52:09 PM


 Which LBB? The car stop, and then pulling the passenger out the car?



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

BlastLivesMatter wrote:
allycat wrote:

hey guys i was wondering or is it me but i could of swore the LLB questions was titled wrong did anyone notice or protest it? ..... for those looking for that one point



-- Edited by allycat on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 09:52:09 PM


 Which LBB? The car stop, and then pulling the passenger out the car?


 i heard that too but I didn't not know which one they were referring to at this point I don't know how to word it if I were to protest it now maybe others can protest it. Can someone please clarify



-- Edited by bookworm on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 05:45:30 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Date:

i still hope praying for a pass is okay..chat kinda died when he went mia.. hopefully everyone who studied passed and end up in a nice slow command like the 75/73

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

Hey guys new to the board,good job to all that passed and put in the work!!!i got a 71 reading some of these posts do I have to worry about answers being changed?that lbb comment had me worried now lol ppl saying they def got some wrong that weren't marked red

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 290
Date:

Tomorrow is the last day of the Protest Sessions and the board has been dead for over a week. Not looking good for protests.

Does anyone know where I can get information on when the Test Validation Board begins for this test ?

__________________

10-4



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

TenFour16 wrote:

Tomorrow is the last day of the Protest Sessions and the board has been dead for over a week. Not looking good for protests.

Does anyone know where I can get information on when the Test Validation Board begins for this test ?


 I'm going to go today in a few to hand in some supporting documents cause I don't know the question numbers they are the worst we can't take notes nothing. But I will ask them when I get there.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

I'm assuming that it's 30 days after the 21st cause we all have 30 days to protest by mail from the day of our protest review session

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 290
Date:

Bookworm, good luck. Please let me/us know how it goes. I hope they work with you because theyve been extremely difficult to work with.

__________________

10-4



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

So here's my update I went they didn't take my documents but they were nice enough to give me my question numbers. There are only 7 I protested so it's not too much for them to sort out he said I can put all my documents referring to the question numbers and they can figure it out since it's not many questions.

My numbers were 38 55 68 80 83 89 94

38 is the scaffold
94 is the forcible take down were the guy needed stitches

The others I'm not sure one is the diplomat one is the family offense one is the 15 year old missing from school one is second fire question and I can't remember the other one.

I asked about how long this will take and the guy said because they have so many protest to read it will take several months. So that's a good thing because it means people are submitting their protest and I'm almost positive it's on stuff we are arguing about on this board. I asked if August or September he says he doesn't know. Sorry wish I had a definite month.



-- Edited by bookworm on Friday 21st of April 2017 02:04:53 AM



-- Edited by bookworm on Friday 21st of April 2017 02:05:54 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Date:

How are you protesting the missing if it's the paperwork required question that was groundball special category all 3 forms.

__________________
« First  <  Page 36  >   Last »  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us