It's not too late! Order your 2023 Lieutenant Exam "Just the Questions" for only $349 Visit www.RisingStarPromotion.com to order over 1400 questions specifically designed for maximum retention of the Patrol Guide--plus full-length exams!

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: The 9 Heroes....


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:
The 9 Heroes....


Looks like these guys pulled it off! I have no dog in this fight as need to pick up wayyyy more than 5 points. Anyone with a 65 or above on Captain Insano's exam deserves to be promoted!

Anyone who makes the list should take the 9 Legendary Heroes out to Peter Lugers or help them pay the attorney fees...its the right thing to do. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

Lol.....Peter Lugers?? Anyone that makes the list should chip in little money towards their cause...... I hear that people on this suit had to take pension loans to finance it.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

Yes ..if someone makes the list because of this lawsuit , they should help out.. But honestly, nothing is set in stone yet, we shouldnt be celebrating.



-- Edited by Tme97 on Thursday 9th of June 2016 09:51:12 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

Of course the 100 haters who hired their own attorney to start promotions asap wont be chipping in any funds as I can already hear the whinning "wahhhhh I got jumped over by a guy with more seniority or jst point..wahhh!"

Huzzah to the 9 Legendary Heroes for helping save a few 100 or more so sergeants from Captain Insano's exam! Hopefully one of the sergeant's you saved become police commissioner one day and hook you up with a sweet gig in intel! HUZZAH!

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

My apologizes for the "Ondeair" type rant...lol..but the 9 Legendary Heroes deserve a medal!

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

I gotta believe most of the original day passers got alot of those questions wrong as well. I dont see that much leapfrogging.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

One person that got them all correct is future LT Levey.........The guy must be a genius .

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

Lmao, nothing has been decided yet.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

How bout the heroes pay the original passers the thousands of dollars of back pay that they lost out on. Then we can go ahead and pat them on the back.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

In reality the "100 haters" help any decision that would be made. They are part of the lawsuit and can approve or squash any agreement. So keep talking......

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

Hairbag wrote:

How bout the heroes pay the original passers the thousands of dollars of back pay that they lost out on. Then we can go ahead and pat them on the back.


 Thousands of dollars?? the pay difference between top pay Sgt and top pay LT is about 12000 And it takes three years to hit that number....... For some that were not top pay Sgt yet , it could be thousands but not many of the elite were in that category ...... 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

Devil Dog wrote:

In reality the "100 haters" help any decision that would be made. They are part of the lawsuit and can approve or squash any agreement. So keep talking......


 Agreed ! But I hear they did it just to advance their own agenda not for the welfare of fellow Sgts...... Agenda was if they didn't settle with the Hero 9 , it could take months before the first promotions .And I thank them for that I guess



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

Exactly.....and devil dog I would expect a comment like that from "ondeair" not you. Anyone in their right mind does there should have been at least 6 throwouts on this last Lt exam. On the 2011 exam there were 19 throwouts! If the exam and the noe were carefully looked at in the first place then the list of this extremely hard exam should have been 400 to 500 names..not 204. So Devil Dog, my brother, its the fair and right thing to do!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

mjehangir96 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

In reality the "100 haters" help any decision that would be made. They are part of the lawsuit and can approve or squash any agreement. So keep talking......


 Agreed ! But I hear they did it just to advance their own agenda not for the welfare of fellow Sgts...... Agenda was if they didn't settle with the Hero 9 , it could take months before the first promotions .And I thank them for that I guess


 Their own "agenda"? 



-- Edited by Devil Dog on Thursday 9th of June 2016 11:26:01 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

Theforceisstrongwiththisone wrote:

Exactly.....and devil dog I would expect a comment like that from "ondeair" not you. Anyone in their right mind does there should have been at least 6 throwouts on this last Lt exam. On the 2011 exam there were 19 throwouts! If the exam and the noe were carefully looked at in the first place then the list of this extremely hard exam should have been 400 to 500 names..not 204. So Devil Dog, my brother, its the fair and right thing to do!


 That's not the fault of passers. An injuntion should not have been sought after, it's delayed many promotions.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

But the good news is that on 6/24 , vacancies will be at least 119. Maybe higher.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

Take a look at the tax numbers of the original passers. A good deal of them are not at top pay. They earned the right to be promoted first and all the benefits therein. We're just going to ignore their rights in favor of helping out a hundred or so failures. What is this socialistic mentality? Those guys should be made whole. They earned it!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

..



-- Edited by Devil Dog on Thursday 9th of June 2016 11:26:34 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

You are right hairbag. I was in the BMOC with most of the top elite passers and instead of hitting top pay late March , they all hit same pay scale 5/29..... Does it suck ? Off course big time but two months not really thousands of dollars , it's 2900 to be exact.....

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

Devil Dog with the classic drop the mic one liner..."Devil Dog OUT!" Lol

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Date:

The diff in pay btw a not top pay Sgt and a base pay Lt with the new contract is about 21k annually. So those guys are losing 1750 with each passing month. That's pretty substantial. Besides the fact we don't know how long this will drag on. So don't just shrug it off as a few dollars...

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

Lets wait and see what happens, on this job you should only believe whats in writing. Also i dont think the elite will gamble on not following the judges request to find common ground. She could just say the test is invalid and the list get thrown out, or she can say the 9 sgts have no argument and dismiss their claim. So it would be in everyone's interest to find common ground. Hell for all we know they can agree on changing 1 question. So no one knows just wait and see

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

As always, common sense prevails..

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

yes they should reimburse the ones that got the call but got their promotions stalled in that first class of 40 or so soon to be Lt. Only one thing, only the ones that passed on the original test date get what is owed to them. Does anybody know how many sgts that would be ? My guess is 10 to 15

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

The slimy 9 or 7 or whatever, were never out to be heros and "help their fellow sgts." They merely wanted to get on the list, which I had zero problem with until they seeked out an injuction and halted my promotion (original day passer here.) Now 123 of us were forced to get involved, so we would not have to watch the slimy 7 play roulette with our futures for their own gain. I understand the test was tough, I protested 4 of those 6 questions myself, but reading the city's motion to dismiss, they have the law on their side. The judge came up with this settlement to end this whole thing amiccibly...however the city is probably not gonna accept this settlement and admit they were wrong and the list will remain the same and promtions will be held off longer. The selfish 7 would of scarificed the careers of every SGT on this job to get on the list, much like they attempted to scarfice mine. So please stop with the hero nonsense...The only other question is: where draw the line? The guy whom after the settlement ends up with a 69 now sues to have question# 1 thrown out and the saga never ends.... Lets not forget about the many SGTS that looked forward to a spring 2017 test now are ****ed. #herosnotsomuch

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

If this is true about the throwouts doesnt matter if the city agrees or doesnt if both the 9 and 100 lawyers agreed. The judge will make it happen since both parties agreed upon it. Yes their intentions might have been selfish, but in return they changed the way of testing which has been full of scammers and helped 100s of fellow sgts that got screwed. Just ask yourself how many of the top 40 on this list are scammers. Not just the percentage that passed was insane but their score just shows how unfair this test was. Just remember you may despise these 9 but 100s will love them and future MOS will also since they changed the way scammers got away with taking the test.
Also its all a rumor no one knows so just wait and see, it can all be a ruse because there has been little activity on this forum

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

I am glad that many of my friends in the high 60s will get promoted. Many of them are going to make great LTs. I am simply saying do not paint these guys with the hero brush, they would've just as quickly invalidated the whole list (including original day passers.) thankfully we got involved and made the judge aware of our concerns and helped make this whole deal possible. I can't wait to study for the captains test.... I'll make sure I don't whisper in the bathroom this time ;)

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

Cheated164 wrote:

I am glad that many of my friends in the high 60s will get promoted. Many of them are going to make great LTs. I am simply saying do not paint these guys with the hero brush, they would've just as quickly invalidated the whole list (including original day passers.) thankfully we got involved and made the judge aware of our concerns and helped make this whole deal possible. I can't wait to study for the captains test.... I'll make sure I don't whisper in the bathroom this time ;)


 + 1



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date:

A lot of people got royally screwed because of the slimy 9's false allegations of cheating on the original test day. A lot of people should've been promoted already and they weren't because of the false allegations. I would have supported the attempt from the beginning if all they went after was problems with the NOE. But they branded everyone as cheaters to leverage their own agenda. So I will forever refer to them as the slimy 9.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 505
Date:

Cheated164 wrote:

The slimy 9 or 7 or whatever, were never out to be heros and "help their fellow sgts." They merely wanted to get on the list, which I had zero problem with until they seeked out an injuction and halted my promotion (original day passer here.) Now 123 of us were forced to get involved, so we would not have to watch the slimy 7 play roulette with our futures for their own gain. I understand the test was tough, I protested 4 of those 6 questions myself, but reading the city's motion to dismiss, they have the law on their side. The judge came up with this settlement to end this whole thing amiccibly...however the city is probably not gonna accept this settlement and admit they were wrong and the list will remain the same and promtions will be held off longer. The selfish 7 would of scarificed the careers of every SGT on this job to get on the list, much like they attempted to scarfice mine. So please stop with the hero nonsense...The only other question is: where draw the line? The guy whom after the settlement ends up with a 69 now sues to have question# 1 thrown out and the saga never ends.... Lets not forget about the many SGTS that looked forward to a spring 2017 test now are ****ed. #herosnotsomuch


 

^^^^^^^^^

Exactly.  The slimey nine and selfish 7 could care less about anyone but themselves.  They are fighting to get on the list themselves. Since they lied about whispers in the bathroom and asked for an injunction delaying "fellow sgts" promotions and pay I have no respect for them. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:

Only true heroes will write in a lawsuit that outside noise hurt their test taking abilities .... Hooray here comes leadership

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Date:

Whatever the case may be, the change was much needed. They definitely weren't doing it for the greater good of everyone but in the end the outcome is a positive one. In any case, the only true winners are the the 40 scammers. They are still on the list and still getting made before everyone else and they didn't have to hire lawyers. Let's go back to hating them.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 226
Date:

Nikkydenimblue wrote:

Whatever the case may be, the change was much needed. They definitely weren't doing it for the greater good of everyone but in the end the outcome is a positive one. In any case, the only true winners are the the 40 scammers. They are still on the list and still getting made before everyone else and they didn't have to hire lawyers. Let's go back to hating them.


 Lol..... But no more Saturday exam scammers .... All the weekend drills won't work anymore. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Date:

So is the department going to continue their investigation on the scammers? we all know
How great of a job they were doing they caught 2 that i have heard about.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 312
Date:

mjehangir96 wrote:
Nikkydenimblue wrote:

Whatever the case may be, the change was much needed. They definitely weren't doing it for the greater good of everyone but in the end the outcome is a positive one. In any case, the only true winners are the the 40 scammers. They are still on the list and still getting made before everyone else and they didn't have to hire lawyers. Let's go back to hating them.


 Lol..... But no more Saturday exam scammers .... All the weekend drills won't work anymore. 


 Don't kid yourself. There's always a way



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

Glad you are back Devil Dog...you have been missed.

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

Glad you are back too ondeair... Everyone missed your horrible intel



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 293
Date:

Cheated164 wrote:

Glad you are back too ondeair... Everyone missed your horrible intel


Lol



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

Again...i am not the great ondeair...but just like him I'm "in the know"

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 600
Date:

"Our clients took a lot of heat (for filing a lawsuit). Now they're being heralded as heroes" --Attorney for the 9 Heroes...well said.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us