Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Preparing for the Lt exam


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:
Preparing for the Lt exam


I'm hoping someone who did well on the last Lt exam is reading this.

How different is the Lt exam compared to the Sgt exam? If it's harder, in what way is it harder?

There isn't much in the Patrol Guide for the rank of lieutenant, especially outside of 202. So what should I focus on?

And how much do they hit the Admin Guide on the exam?

__________________
s2h


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Date:

I believe the admin guide is for capt test

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

The admin guide was on the last LT test. The Key reviewed it, Fast Track didn't.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 77
Date:

Is there in basket?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

Yes

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Shhh wrote:

The admin guide was on the last LT test. The Key reviewed it, Fast Track didn't.




How many admin guide questions?

And how different are the questions compared to the Sgt exam?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 308
Date:

Instead of asking these silly questions, just read the patrol guide! How different could questions be between ranks, its all procedural. And at this point you should realize the jack offs who make the questions for the exams pride themselves on creating the most poorly written questions based on obscure pg procedures


__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

I didn't take it, just know quite a few people that did. I believe there were 4 admin guide questions. It's been said that the questions are formatted the same way and some considered the LT test easier. Then again, everyone who's taking it has already passed a promotional exam and knows just how much work they need to put in if they plan on passing.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 677
Date:

Shhh wrote:

I didn't take it, just know quite a few people that did. I believe there were 4 admin guide questions. It's been said that the questions are formatted the same way and some considered the LT test easier. Then again, everyone who's taking it has already passed a promotional exam and knows just how much work they need to put in if they plan on passing.




Basically what I wanted to know. Thanks.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 964
Date:

Shhh wrote:

I didn't take it, just know quite a few people that did. I believe there were 4 admin guide questions. It's been said that the questions are formatted the same way and some considered the LT test easier. Then again, everyone who's taking it has already passed a promotional exam and knows just how much work they need to put in if they plan on passing.



Sgts test = 10% of the cops who take it studied hard for it and wanted it. The other 90% are hairbags and people who think doing 7 years as Sector Adam is enough experience to pass the test.

Lts test = 90% of the sgts on the job are fighting for the rank.

Capts test = 10% of the lts on the job are fighting for the rank.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Date:

you dont need experience to pass the sgt exam

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 472
Date:

This doesnt offer much but I always heard that the Lt's exam is significantly EASIER than the Sgt's exam. Also that the Sgt's exam is THE hardest exam on this job out of the 3 exams.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1523
Date:

it is more or less a glorified sergeants exam...........same type of in basket........same type of questions except they gear the questions and in basket towards a lt.  most duties are the same ..............so they add the very few lt duties in the PG. 

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard