Rising Star has been preparing students for the NYPD Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain exam for over a decade! Check us out at www.risingstarpromotion.com and find out why we are the #1 school for live or at-home study

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: August 2018


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:
August 2018


have anyone heard anything about a class for August



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

neverAgain wrote:

have anyone heard anything about a class for August


 No August class. Should be 30 vacancies on 8/31.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 153
Date:

I heard October

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 90
Date:

crappants wrote:

I heard October


 That makes sense. September is a bad month with the West Indian Day Parade followed by UNGA. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

I heard Aug 31st promotion but apparently that's pending the Captain's list coming out and that first Captain's class going in.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:

With the release of the captains list I imagine they will be promoting captains soon. Hopefully that means another Lt. class is imminent. I'm about 80 names away, hoping to make it before the new year.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Date:

24 capts expected in bmoc for 8/6. This should open up some Lt spots but they have nothing scheduled for a Lt as of yet.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 66
Date:

Fyi... rumor in the current sgt bmoc class is that small class of LTs (aprox 30) going in... no specifis date and Cpt bmoc starts on Monday... anyone can confirm?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

SRGrook033 wrote:

Fyi... rumor in the current sgt bmoc class is that small class of LTs (aprox 30) going in... no specifis date and Cpt bmoc starts on Monday... anyone can confirm?


Hopefully it's true !! All indicators point to a LT class, especially since they have the Captain's class starting BMOC in August rather than September. 

Leadership unit already has a Sgts class scheduled for September so it would make more sense to have a Sgts/LTs class in September, instead of all 3 ranks having a class simultaneously.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 346
Date:

SRGrook033 wrote:

Fyi... rumor in the current sgt bmoc class is that small class of LTs (aprox 30) going in... no specifis date and Cpt bmoc starts on Monday... anyone can confirm?


 Heard the same ... source is reliable but still cant guarantee.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

can Anybody in the current captains class knew if there is any talks about a LT class for August 31



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

neverAgain wrote:

can Anybody in the current captains class knew if there is any talks about a LT class for August 31


It's not looking good for a LTs class, makes no sense to me since the vacancies are there.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:

I just heard close to 50 Lieutenants going on August 31. Just sharing what I was told today. Good luck to all.



-- Edited by 1METSFAN on Thursday 9th of August 2018 02:55:25 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

1METSFAN wrote:

I just heard close to 50 Lieutenants going on August 31. Just sharing what I was told today. Good luck to all.



-- Edited by 1METSFAN on Thursday 9th of August 2018 02:55:25 AM


 I didn't hear that but I did hear from two good sources in 1pp that they will be starting mentoring program for LT and it will start the end of this month and promotion is September 28 and after is bmoc

just saying what I heard it will no longer be mentoring for captains just Sgt and LT but anything can happen with this job I'm starting to learn that now



-- Edited by neverAgain on Thursday 9th of August 2018 03:11:45 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Online
Posts: 58
Date:

Never again. You are correct w the info. Unknown number right now but looks like over 30. 3 weeks of mentoring and then sept promo w October leadership. Good luck to all

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 164
Date:

Why would going from SGT to LT require mentoring? It's not a drastic change.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

I-go-deep wrote:

Why would going from SGT to LT require mentoring? It's not a drastic change.


 That is because LT is the first level for management in the department 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

When should we expect the mentoring to come down ? Does anyone know what precincts they'll have in this program ?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

PD2FD wrote:

When should we expect the mentoring to come down ? Does anyone know what precincts they'll have in this program ?


 around sept 5 to start sept 10 and promotion on the 28

and pct will be busy housing but you would be only doing day tours 



-- Edited by neverAgain on Thursday 9th of August 2018 01:07:46 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 346
Date:

I-go-deep wrote:

Why would going from SGT to LT require mentoring? It's not a drastic change.


 Theres a specific way to tell the sergeant to do it.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

FranknBeans wrote:
I-go-deep wrote:

Why would going from SGT to LT require mentoring? It's not a drastic change.


 Theres a specific way to tell the sergeant to do it.


 Yea, you need to point at a 45 degree angle and raise your voice no higher than 60 decibels.

Seriously though, thanks for the information Never again !!



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

Does this mean that the mentoring program will be continuing for both Sgts and Lts past the summer?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:

1METSFAN wrote:

I just heard close to 50 Lieutenants going on August 31. Just sharing what I was told today. Good luck to all.



-- Edited by 1METSFAN on Thursday 9th of August 2018 02:55:25 AM


 I also heard that LT promotions will be on August 31st unknown number going in.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Online
Posts: 58
Date:

As of yesterday NO lt promos aug 31. Sept 28 unknown number but north of 30

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 723
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
FranknBeans wrote:
I-go-deep wrote:

Why would going from SGT to LT require mentoring? It's not a drastic change.


 Theres a specific way to tell the sergeant to do it.


 Yea, you need to point at a 45 degree angle and raise your voice no higher than 60 decibels.

Seriously though, thanks for the information Never again !!


 Mentoring also teaches you to be more careful while you eat as food stains stand out more on white shirts.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Date:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

fodx wrote:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush


You're right !! Who cares about the $25,000k raise I'm going to get because those chart days are far more important than that money yawn



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 192
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
fodx wrote:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush


You're right !! Who cares about the $25,000k raise I'm going to get because those chart days are far more important than that money yawn


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances than an LT.



-- Edited by 3yrWonder on Friday 10th of August 2018 04:25:51 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
fodx wrote:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush


You're right !! Who cares about the $25,000k raise I'm going to get because those chart days are far more important than that money yawn


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances.


 Read my statement carefully 3 yr wonder. I stated that "I" will get almost a $25k raise. I've been a Sergeant for less than 3 years which puts me at the 3rd step of the pay scale for Sgts which is about $89k base. Starting for LTs is about $113k base. That's almost a $25k raise for ME.

Everyone's situation is different but for me, it's a no brainer to want to get promoted and get that raise immediately.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 192
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
fodx wrote:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush


You're right !! Who cares about the $25,000k raise I'm going to get because those chart days are far more important than that money yawn


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances.


 Read my statement carefully 3 yr wonder. I stated that "I" will get almost a $25k raise. I've been a Sergeant for less than 3 years which puts me at the 3rd step of the pay scale for Sgts which is about $89k base. Starting for LTs is about $113k base. That's almost a $25k raise for ME.

Everyone's situation is different but for me, it's a no brainer to want to get promoted and get that raise immediately.


 If you read what I wrote carefully, I said dependent upon your situation the more appearances may or not be worth it.  For someone in your shoes coming to work more may be worth it.  Someone at top pay might want to spend more time home with their family...

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 346
Date:

For most people who took and passed the exam they want to be a LT for varying reasons.

I dont like having an hour and 15 commute home. When I was a cop. Door to door both ways was less than 30 mins TOTAL.

Plus I'm also very close. Being very close, means its more anxiety...


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
fodx wrote:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush


You're right !! Who cares about the $25,000k raise I'm going to get because those chart days are far more important than that money yawn


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances.


 Read my statement carefully 3 yr wonder. I stated that "I" will get almost a $25k raise. I've been a Sergeant for less than 3 years which puts me at the 3rd step of the pay scale for Sgts which is about $89k base. Starting for LTs is about $113k base. That's almost a $25k raise for ME.

Everyone's situation is different but for me, it's a no brainer to want to get promoted and get that raise immediately.


 If you read what I wrote carefully, I said dependent upon your situation the more appearances may or not be worth it.  For someone in your shoes coming to work more may be worth it.  Someone at top pay might want to spend more time home with their family...

 


 Trust me 3yr I understand what you're saying. I just wanted to clarify to you how I got the $25k figure. It obviously isn't applicable to those Sgts already at top pay.

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 192
Date:

PD2FD wrote:
3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:
fodx wrote:

Guys, seriously don't worry about the next class. Every month that goes by is a month you accrued more chart days. Screw this 8:45 with no chart time. I'll take it when/if it comes, but no rush


You're right !! Who cares about the $25,000k raise I'm going to get because those chart days are far more important than that money yawn


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances.


 Read my statement carefully 3 yr wonder. I stated that "I" will get almost a $25k raise. I've been a Sergeant for less than 3 years which puts me at the 3rd step of the pay scale for Sgts which is about $89k base. Starting for LTs is about $113k base. That's almost a $25k raise for ME.

Everyone's situation is different but for me, it's a no brainer to want to get promoted and get that raise immediately.


 If you read what I wrote carefully, I said dependent upon your situation the more appearances may or not be worth it.  For someone in your shoes coming to work more may be worth it.  Someone at top pay might want to spend more time home with their family...

 


 Trust me 3yr I understand what you're saying. I just wanted to clarify to you how I got the $25k figure. It obviously isn't applicable to those Sgts already at top pay.

 


 I hear ya, thanks for clarifying...



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:

They will be pulling sgts out of units to do Lt mentoring? How does it work?

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Date:

3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:

 


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances than an LT.



-- Edited by 3yrWonder on Friday 10th of August 2018 04:25:51 PM


 

EXACTLY!!!  Smart man. "Raise" my arse. A Sgt's salary is based on 8 hours a day.  A Lt has to work 8:45 for his salary. So youre working 45 minutes MORE for the same money. figure out what 45 minutes is a day for the whole year. They actually OWE you thousands yet youre happy for the little jump you see at the end. AANNNDD they took your days off away. Im hard on the rank because I seem to be the only person hip to that scam that they call a contract.



-- Edited by fodx on Friday 10th of August 2018 06:47:58 PM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

Can we pls stop with this ppl have the right to do whatever they like 

lets just talk about promotion dates

or Feel free to start a new topic



-- Edited by neverAgain on Friday 10th of August 2018 09:44:37 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 372
Date:

fodx wrote:
3yrWonder wrote:
PD2FD wrote:

 


First Id like to know where youre getting $25,000 from when a top pay Sgt makes about $110k and a top pay LT makes $125k salary. Second, I love when people make this comparison.  You do realize youre making more appearances for 6 years for that $15,000 right?  Put a monetary value to those appearances its really not a raise.  Theyre paying you for the days youre showing up to work more for.  Overall, yes LT is a better rank, but depending upon your situation are the more appearances worth it?  Id venture to say SA Sgt is probably the best rank if you like your time off.  Youre making LT money and are accumulating more chart time which translates to less appearances than an LT.



-- Edited by 3yrWonder on Friday 10th of August 2018 04:25:51 PM


 

EXACTLY!!!  Smart man. "Raise" my arse. A Sgt's salary is based on 8 hours a day.  A Lt has to work 8:45 for his salary. So youre working 45 minutes MORE for the same money. figure out what 45 minutes is a day for the whole year. They actually OWE you thousands yet youre happy for the little jump you see at the end. AANNNDD they took your days off away. Im hard on the rank because I seem to be the only person hip to that scam that they call a contract.



-- Edited by fodx on Friday 10th of August 2018 06:47:58 PM


 If you consider $25k a "little jump" then let me borrow $25k and i'll pay you whenever I can biggrin. Stop hating at the fact that people are trying to better themselves within this department. It may not benefit YOU financially but like I said it benefits ME, which is all I really care about. 

Like NeverAgain said, stop with the bantering and let's get back to what this topic is about, the NEXT CLASS.



-- Edited by PD2FD on Friday 10th of August 2018 09:35:44 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

what money? yeah in the long run.....but LT will be a big pay cut I make guaranteed 40 hours a month and sat sun off.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:

supercop wrote:

what money? yeah in the long run.....but LT will be a big pay cut I make guaranteed 40 hours a month and sat sun off.


So then don't get promoted to LT?? You trying to justify your personal decision to anonymous people? 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Date:

bc pension wise its worth it and after a year in a dreadful pct ill go back to a detail and take my 40 a month. PCT is for the birds



-- Edited by supercop on Tuesday 14th of August 2018 08:11:20 PM

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard